Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,585 members, 7,809,118 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:55 PM

How 3doors International Scammed And Messed Up Christmas For My Family - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How 3doors International Scammed And Messed Up Christmas For My Family (2428 Views)

He Scammed Me Under The Pretence To Process My Admission Abroad / Early Christmas For Residents As Truck Carrying Alcohol Had An Accident / How Tour Company Ruined Christmas For Abuja Families Seeking Holiday In Recessio (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How 3doors International Scammed And Messed Up Christmas For My Family by sheweezy(f): 2:58pm On Dec 30, 2016
I saw 3doors international on GTB Smemarkethub (https://3doors.smemarkethub.com/). We felt since it was from GTB platform, it should be genuine.
My husband and I decided to travel for Christmas together for the first time since we got married. So we decided to use the above mentioned company to help with a total package we saw on their site. We contacted the company and spoke with Mr Godfrey Ishima throughout the process. We initially planned to do the entire process before but because of his persistence and willingness to give us a great deal we decided to go with him.
We made a payment method which he agreed to of paying 75% of the total cosr and the other 25% later. After few days, he called us saying the visa fees and all are up and demanded for additional 125,000 which we paid to him. This was his first dose of disappointment but we felt lets settle him to ensure we have a smooth vacation.
The second doze came when he sent us our hotel details. He promised us a particular hotel only for us to see in his
a different hotel. By the time we checked online for the hotel he booked and review. It was very terrible. In fact someone said to avoid the hotel like a plague. We requested for change but the guy said he booked on agoda which cannot be cancelled and kept insisting it may not be bad as it is reviewed online. Guess what!!! It was that bad. Location was in a typical Lagos computer village. It is even on ‘computer street’ Bur Dubai, so I am not exaggerating.
The third dose then came and all the fun packages, dhow cruise, dessert safari and all he said have been cancelled. Only the tour was available which we requested to reschedule for a different day but he eventually said that won’t be possible. So we had no fun package at all
The fourth which was the biggest blow was, 2 days to departure, he sent a mail including visa for me and my son but my husband’s own said was pending but will come out before we leave. L and behold, the visa did not come out until the 28th of Dec and we were to leave Dubai 29th. This only mean he did not apply for the visa early and we paid him early enough. He told us that myself and my son should go that he is certain my husband’ s visa will come that same day so he can join us the following day. In short my husband was not able to travel at all. No hotel or flight was available to Dubai again this year after the visa came out on the 28th.
Fifth slap was the guy promised airport transfer, free breakfast which is packaged with the hotel, when we got to the hotel, they said it is clearly stated that there is no breakfast nor hotel transfer.
Obviously the guy ruined Christmas for us. He was not even remorse in everything. Yet he collected total money. For all travelers that intend to use agent, please you can do it yourself. Obviously Mr Godfrey Ishima of 3doors international scammed us.
Please help call them out so other people will not fall into their hands.
cc: mods help move to fp so people can take caution and flee from them

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How 3doors International Scammed And Messed Up Christmas For My Family by Nobody: 7:49pm On Dec 30, 2016
sorry about this mam but have u called d said mr godfrey about ur displeasure and what was his response?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How 3doors International Scammed And Messed Up Christmas For My Family by sheweezy(f): 8:43pm On Dec 30, 2016
KingDerin:
sorry about this mam but have u called d said mr godfrey about ur displeasure and what was his response?

Called, complained and all that. He kept saying his mistake was he under priced. The guy is not even remorse at all. That is the worse part. He knew he couldnt deliver all he promised yet went ahead to promise and collected money, even requested for more money which we paid him, yet he failed his generation.

1 Like

Re: How 3doors International Scammed And Messed Up Christmas For My Family by Nobody: 8:55pm On Dec 30, 2016
[quote author=sheweezy post=52402813]

He needs to make proper amendment then..pls d mods should try to push this to forntpage..thanks cc lalasticlala.

3 Likes

Re: How 3doors International Scammed And Messed Up Christmas For My Family by zaynie(f): 9:15pm On Dec 30, 2016
Please mods help move it to frontpage so that others can know to avoid his dubious agency and the OP can get a measure of justice,
The travel agent obviously knew he wouldn't be able to fulfill the promises and yet he made a lot of them.

3 Likes

Re: How 3doors International Scammed And Messed Up Christmas For My Family by missmalachi: 9:21pm On Dec 30, 2016
I wish u can post his num so dat i will help blast the idiot .....most of this agent charge double for the package n still end up not giving good service.its obvious he just used d money yo celebrate Christmas

4 Likes

Re: How 3doors International Scammed And Messed Up Christmas For My Family by sheweezy(f): 9:27pm On Dec 30, 2016
missmalachi:
I wish u can post his num so dat i will help blast the idiot .....most of this agent charge double for the package n still end up not giving good service.its obvious he just used d money yo celebrate Christmas

08036624252/ 07013415899 Godfrey
3doorsint@gmail.com
www.3doors.com.ng

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How 3doors International Scammed And Messed Up Christmas For My Family by tyconcepts(f): 9:52pm On Dec 30, 2016
Mods kindly push this to FP so all can be warned to stay clear of the dubious agent and his agency and also so the OP can get justice.

Obviously the agency is scrappy and they don't operate in sincerity.

1 Like

Re: How 3doors International Scammed And Messed Up Christmas For My Family by zaynie(f): 10:41pm On Dec 30, 2016
Lalasticlala, kindly move this to FP.

I had a chat with the guy and he seems think its all part of business.

2 Likes

Re: How 3doors International Scammed And Messed Up Christmas For My Family by tyconcepts(f): 11:00pm On Dec 30, 2016
zaynie:
Lalasticlala, kindly move this to FP.

I had a chat with the guy and he seems think its all part of business.

Please post SS of your chats with him.... Let's see what exactly is his excuse.

1 Like

Re: How 3doors International Scammed And Messed Up Christmas For My Family by zaynie(f): 11:21pm On Dec 30, 2016
Here are the screen shots.

Re: How 3doors International Scammed And Messed Up Christmas For My Family by zaynie(f): 11:23pm On Dec 30, 2016
More shots.

Re: How 3doors International Scammed And Messed Up Christmas For My Family by zaynie(f): 11:32pm On Dec 30, 2016
Lastly

Re: How 3doors International Scammed And Messed Up Christmas For My Family by gentleiphy: 1:32am On Dec 31, 2016
sheweezy:

Called, complained and all that. He kept saying his mistake was he under priced. The guy is not even remorse at all. That is the worse part. He knew he couldnt deliver all he promised yet went ahead to promise and collected money, even requested for more money which we paid him, yet he failed his generation.

Sorry about your family planned christmas Holiday turned sour by this agent...I really dont know why we Nigerias find it hard to research and take time to do things by ourselves...we all ways see it that soemone somewhere with a laptop and a desk and chair can do it better...what can this agents do that you cannot do on your own..

to start with..hotel bookings are not rocket science...Expedia and Booking.com has been the most reliable and even tripadvisor without any initial deposits and can even be cancelled anytime...lets learn to DIY things na

secondly...tours can be booked by yourself too...all the the time i have been on vacation with my family,i booked all this mysell from the comfort of my home...Dhow cruise..dessert safari...burk khalifa..formular 1 in Abu Dhabi and all

again if you think you must use any agent for your dubai moves..please i advise you head to Emirates office in Victoria Island..they will get your the tour packages according to you budget and including meet and greet upon arrival..and once you settle down in your hotel..they send thier representative to come and propose to you different tours you may wish to be in and whichever one you choose be sure they dont disappoint 1 minute and the day of your departure they come to your hotel room door and place the exact time they will come pick you up to the airport..

Emirates has Emirate Holiday sub attached to the emirate flight which caters for your visa..flight and hotel and tour and they never give you any story cos once you pick any package according to your budget you are ready to fly and your visa is given to you at arrival by an Emirate Holiday staff who is also your meet and greet.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How 3doors International Scammed And Messed Up Christmas For My Family by sheweezy(f): 3:47am On Dec 31, 2016
gentleiphy:

Sorry about your family planned christmas Holiday turned sour by this agent...I really dont know why we Nigerias find it hard to research and take time to do things by ourselves...we all ways see it that soemone somewhere with a laptop and a desk and chair can do it better...what can this agents do that you cannot do on your own..

to start with..hotel bookings are not rocket science...Expedia and Booking.com has been the most reliable and even tripadvisor without any initial deposits and can even be cancelled anytime...lets learn to DIY things na

secondly...tours can be booked by yourself too...all the the time i have been on vacation with my family,i booked all this mysell from the comfort of my home...Dhow cruise..dessert safari...burk khalifa..formular 1 in Abu Dhabi and all

again if you think you must use any agent for your dubai moves..please i advise you head to Emirates office in Victoria Island..they will get your the tour packages according to you budget and including meet and greet upon arrival..and once you settle down in your hotel..they send thier representative to come and propose to you different tours you may wish to be in and whichever one you choose be sure they dont disappoint 1 minute and the day of your departure they come to your hotel room door and place the exact time they will come pick you up to the airport..

Emirates has Emirate Holiday sub attached to the emirate flight which caters for your visa..flight and hotel and tour and they never give you any story cos once you pick any package according to your budget you are ready to fly and your visa is given to you at arrival by an Emirate Holiday staff who is also your meet and greet.

Thank you for this info. we have learnt to do things ourselves next time. It is just so sad.

1 Like

Re: How 3doors International Scammed And Messed Up Christmas For My Family by Nobody: 4:50am On Dec 31, 2016
Dear OP sorry for your displeasure abt his services.

The agent should have tried to give you a detailed explanation. Adult male dubai visa comes out late cos of security checks and the rest. Also the tours you dont get to reschedule it once booked you either you do it or you forfeit it. Seriously all what you went thru is not his fault. Its due some unfortunate circumstances.

I dont know the man from adam but am familiar with how this processes works.
Re: How 3doors International Scammed And Messed Up Christmas For My Family by tyconcepts(f): 5:33am On Dec 31, 2016
orirebaby:

The agent should have tried to give you a detailed explanation. Adult male dubai visa comes out late cos of security checks and the rest. Also the tours you dont get to reschedule it once booked you either you do it or you forfeit it. Seriously all what you went thru is not his fault. Its due some unfortunate circumstances.

The agent's lack of proper communication led to the unforeseen circumstances. When in your field of expertise, you explain to a newbie in details not assuming. 1m+ is no jokes. Then the agent's unremorseful attitude added salt to the injury.

It's his fault.

2 Likes

Re: How 3doors International Scammed And Messed Up Christmas For My Family by sheweezy(f): 7:55am On Dec 31, 2016
orirebaby:

what about the hotel change without communication in a terrible area. i ended up going there alone with a baby. Evry cab man complained of the location and one was even forced to ask me the cost of the hotel and said i am pretty sure there are cheaper and better hotels in good location. The hotel booking could not be cancelled. what about other tours he promised, airort transfer, breakfast. if he knew male visa wont come out as scheduled why book flight? why not explain properly to avoid issues. he requested for more money which we paid. It is totaly his fault

1 Like

Re: How 3doors International Scammed And Messed Up Christmas For My Family by WorriedGal(f): 5:02pm On Dec 31, 2016
Probably with most Nigerian brands. They will expect to accept any shabby service they offer and will never explain the pros and cons for you. Nothing will ever make me or any friend or enemy i know patronize this agency. See how they ruined this couple's vacation.

1 Like

Re: How 3doors International Scammed And Messed Up Christmas For My Family by WorriedGal(f): 5:03pm On Dec 31, 2016
sheweezy:

what about the hotel change without communication in a terrible area. i ended up going there alone with a baby. Evry cab man complained of the location and one was even forced to ask me the cost of the hotel and said i am pretty sure there are cheaper and better hotels in good location. The hotel booking could not be cancelled. what about other tours he promised, airort transfer, breakfast. if he knew male visa wont come out as scheduled why book flight? why not explain properly to avoid issues. he requested for more money which we paid. It is totaly his fault

Why didnt the guy inform you before changing the hotel?
Re: How 3doors International Scammed And Messed Up Christmas For My Family by beniah2347: 10:45am On Apr 24, 2017
[quote author=sheweezy post=52393188][/quote] 3doors is a registered company...U have sufficient evidence and kept records, you can sue them,
it will take you a while but u can get do payback in d end seriously we are looking at about 6m excluding lawyer fees. You can also sue the gtb sme market portal for not exercising due diligence...whatever they wrote in terms of agreement does not exempt the from culpability due to negligence...who knows if it a collabo....Even if ur not ready to follow this through ...y not give a young hungry grad law school 100k and u will be shocked how far he will go...trust me...u can go the NYSC camp nearest u and post advert @ the seceteriat.

1 Like

Re: How 3doors International Scammed And Messed Up Christmas For My Family by Electroweb(m): 12:45pm On Apr 24, 2017
The drama always starts when your money enters their hands.
Re: How 3doors International Scammed And Messed Up Christmas For My Family by Benekruku(m): 2:35pm On Apr 24, 2017

Confirmed registered scammer!

Re: How 3doors International Scammed And Messed Up Christmas For My Family by hafees: 7:25am On May 08, 2017
I am a tour operator myself and i will blame the guy for two reasons, he should never use a booking site whats the difference between you and the client, have a solid partner in Dubai and everywhere you plan tours, not easy but must be in place so you will always have a seamless package. Secondly, i never go below three star hotels, otherwise your client will suffer for it. I had bad experiences booking online, from telling clients no room to shabby treatments, learnt the hard way. For the delay in visa for the man, not his fault bit should have applied way ahead, he also should have just charged 150 usd per person so no stories. He should have explained possibility of this delay as all good tour operators know this. Dubai has always been great for me

(1) (Reply)

Abeg Who Don Print Whatsapp Chat For Embassy Use Before? / How To Get A Nigerian International Passport | Step By Step Guide / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.