Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,208 members, 7,780,370 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 01:13 PM

I Need Your Advice Please (between Msc And DE MBBS). - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / I Need Your Advice Please (between Msc And DE MBBS). (2451 Views)

2020 PTDF MSc and PhD scholarship in the United Kingdom / Apply for 2020 BSc, MSc and PhD Chinese Government Scholarship- HND can apply / 2018 NDDC MSC And PHD Scholarship Application (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Your Advice Please (between Msc And DE MBBS). by Nobody: 4:25pm On Dec 30, 2016
I believe I am in the right section. I'm 22 and a graduate (B.Sc Physiology). I'll be passing out from NYSC by March 2017. So I visited home for Xmas and my dad came up with two wonderful ideas grin. He said once I'm done with service, I'll pick a Direct Entry form for Medicine & Surgery and also an M.Sc form for Physiology. He has promised to sponsor whichever comes my way. So my question here is...which do I go for? Which should I take as a priority assuming I'm offered admission in both disciplines.
Re: I Need Your Advice Please (between Msc And DE MBBS). by Zeus100(m): 4:38pm On Dec 30, 2016
MasterRahl:
I believe I am in the right section. I'm 22 and a graduate (B.Sc Physiology). I'll be passing out from NYSC by March 2017. So I visited home for Xmas and my dad came up with two wonderful ideas grin. He said once I'm done with service, I'll pick a Direct Entry form for Medicine & Surgery and also an M.Sc form for Physiology. He has promised to sponsor whichever comes my way. So my question here is...which do I go for? Which should I take as a priority assuming I'm offered admission in both disciplines.
i will advice direct entry in medicine and surgery cos u will have a lot and besides Nigeria of today will pick a medicine student over physiology...#itsanAdvice..#Congrats

2 Likes

Re: I Need Your Advice Please (between Msc And DE MBBS). by Nobody: 4:47pm On Dec 30, 2016
Zeus100:

i will advice direct entry in medicine and surgery cos u will have a lot and besides Nigeria of today will pick a medicine student over physiology...#itsanAdvice..#Congrats
Thank you bro. I'm grateful. More input from other NLs please...
Re: I Need Your Advice Please (between Msc And DE MBBS). by CaptEColeJnr: 5:09pm On Dec 30, 2016
MasterRahl:
Thank you bro. I'm grateful. More input from other NLs please...
Hey man.
I'd advise you to go for DE MBBS.. the reasons are endless .. your prior knowledge in Physiology gives you an edge to be considered for admission and excel in the Medical field as a student.
So look for a good school and pursue your medical degree...
Who employs a Physiologist nowadays.. my brother graduated from Physiology since 2012... no reasonable job has come his way...

Wish you the best

2 Likes

Re: I Need Your Advice Please (between Msc And DE MBBS). by Nobody: 5:13pm On Dec 30, 2016
CaptEColeJnr:
Hey man.
I'd advise you to go for DE MBBS.. the reasons are endless .. your prior knowledge in Physiology gives you an edge to be considered for admission and excel in the Medical field as a student.
So look for a good school and pursue your medical degree...
Who employs a Physiologist nowadays.. my brother graduated from Physiology since 2012... no reasonable job has come his way...

Wish you the best
Thank you sir for your advice. I'm grateful.
Re: I Need Your Advice Please (between Msc And DE MBBS). by CaptEColeJnr: 5:15pm On Dec 30, 2016
MasterRahl:
Thank you sir for your advice. I'm grateful.
You're welcome

1 Like

Re: I Need Your Advice Please (between Msc And DE MBBS). by kunlesmiles(m): 5:22pm On Dec 30, 2016
Go for MBBS if u av d passion for it,job opportunities are far lesser for physiology graduates,even at masters level,easiest way out is u becoming a lecturer after ur MSC,believe in ur sef and go for MBBS,if u ar sure dat u can cope academically.best wishes.

1 Like

Re: I Need Your Advice Please (between Msc And DE MBBS). by Nobody: 5:33pm On Dec 30, 2016
kunlesmiles:
Go for MBBS if u av d passion for it,job opportunities are far lesser for physiology graduates,even at masters level,easiest way out is u becoming a lecturer after ur MSC,believe in ur sef and go for MBBS,if u ar sure dat u can cope academically.best wishes.
Your input is greatly appreciated Sir Kunlesmiles. Thank you.
Re: I Need Your Advice Please (between Msc And DE MBBS). by Folakeme: 12:54pm On Dec 30, 2017
MasterRahl:

Please,which one did u later go for?,I am exactly in your shoes right now

2 Likes

Re: I Need Your Advice Please (between Msc And DE MBBS). by Nobody: 2:39pm On Dec 30, 2017
Folakeme:

Please,which one did u later go for?,I am exactly in your shoes right now
I've been offered the MSC admission. MBBS list is not yet out.

1 Like

Re: I Need Your Advice Please (between Msc And DE MBBS). by Moukandjo: 3:49pm On Dec 30, 2017
MasterRahl:
Unilag, right?

1 Like

Re: I Need Your Advice Please (between Msc And DE MBBS). by Nobody: 4:02pm On Dec 30, 2017
Moukandjo:

Unilag, right?
Uniuyo
Re: I Need Your Advice Please (between Msc And DE MBBS). by Moukandjo: 4:32pm On Dec 30, 2017
MasterRahl:
Uniuyo
Oh! Good luck, bro!

1 Like

Re: I Need Your Advice Please (between Msc And DE MBBS). by Nobody: 4:48pm On Dec 30, 2017
Moukandjo:

Oh! Good luck, bro!
Thanks
Re: I Need Your Advice Please (between Msc And DE MBBS). by Dotman23(m): 6:49pm On Dec 30, 2017
Go for your M. Sc if and only if you have the strength and capacity to study to study up to PhD level.. My brother, getting a PhD grade at M. Sc level isnt easy but it is if you are committed. M. Sc is tough than any educational level, It's expensive and stressful too. and u can't compare a PhD holder to a mbbs holder.
... Am a physiologist.
Re: I Need Your Advice Please (between Msc And DE MBBS). by Dotman23(m): 6:49pm On Dec 30, 2017
MasterRahl:
Uniuyo
Go for your M. Sc if and only if you have the strength and capacity to study to study up to PhD level.. My brother, getting a PhD grade at M. Sc level isnt easy but it is if you are committed. M. Sc is tough than any educational level, It's expensive and stressful too. and u can't compare a PhD holder to a mbbs holder.
... Am a physiologist.

1 Like

Re: I Need Your Advice Please (between Msc And DE MBBS). by Nobody: 7:25pm On Dec 30, 2017
Dotman23:
... Am a physiologist.
Thanks bro. So apart from funds and academic stress, you recommend MSc/PhD?
Re: I Need Your Advice Please (between Msc And DE MBBS). by Dotman23(m): 11:37am On Dec 31, 2017
MasterRahl:
Thanks bro. So apart from funds and academic stress, you recommend MSc/PhD?
yeah, having a PhD in physiology is Bae, you can't compare it to a Mbbs degree.., remember mbbs must also do M. Sc to get PhD .But if you no you don't have the capability to PhD level, It's better you opt for mbbs.

1 Like

Re: I Need Your Advice Please (between Msc And DE MBBS). by Nobody: 11:39am On Dec 31, 2017
Dotman23:
yeah, having a PhD in physiology is Bae, you can't compare it on a Mbbs degree.. Never, remember mbbs must also do M. Sc to get PhD
Thanks bro. Will pay my acceptance fee next week.
Re: I Need Your Advice Please (between Msc And DE MBBS). by Dotman23(m): 11:44am On Dec 31, 2017
MasterRahl:
Thanks bro. Will pay my acceptance fee next week.
good, best of luck bro

1 Like

Re: I Need Your Advice Please (between Msc And DE MBBS). by Folakeme: 11:29pm On Jan 10, 2018
MasterRahl:
Oh,Congratulations,What course did u apply for in MSC?

1 Like

Re: I Need Your Advice Please (between Msc And DE MBBS). by Nobody: 1:34pm On Jan 11, 2018
Folakeme:

Oh,Congratulations,What course did u apply for in MSC?
Physiology. I want to do my research on Cardiovascular/Blood Physiology

2 Likes

Re: I Need Your Advice Please (between Msc And DE MBBS). by lastmessenger: 8:02am On Apr 02, 2018
MBBS anytime any day
Re: I Need Your Advice Please (between Msc And DE MBBS). by Hahjascho(m): 1:21am On Apr 30, 2021
MasterRahl:
Physiology. I want to do my research on Cardiovascular/Blood Physiology
What did you later settle with?
Re: I Need Your Advice Please (between Msc And DE MBBS). by Nobody: 10:42am On Apr 30, 2021
Hahjascho:
What did you later settle with?
Done with Msc. I'll apply for PhD before the year ends.

I have Medical Research gigs on Fiverr and Upwork. I also write health, nutrition, and fitness-related books and sell on Amazon Kindle Direct Publishing.

I may take up a lecturing appointment after I start the PhD.

1 Like

Re: I Need Your Advice Please (between Msc And DE MBBS). by Mammangaddafi(m): 3:27pm On Apr 30, 2021
MasterRahl:

I have Medical Research gigs on Fiverr and Upwork. I also write health, nutrition, and fitness-related books and sell on Amazon Kindle Direct Publishing.

You were not offered MBBS right?

1 Like

Re: I Need Your Advice Please (between Msc And DE MBBS). by Nobody: 4:22pm On Apr 30, 2021
Mammangaddafi:
You were not offered MBBS right?
No, I wasn't.
Re: I Need Your Advice Please (between Msc And DE MBBS). by Hahjascho(m): 7:15pm On May 05, 2021
MasterRahl:

Ok good, best of luck.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

DOWNLOAD THE SHELL UNDERGRADUATE SCHOLARSHIP PAST QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS / Lasulaws Constitutional Law Exam Question Paper / A Nairalander Signed Out From Unilorin In Style

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.