Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,460 members, 7,808,643 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:42 PM

Before I Self-destruct (hold Me Down) - Poems For Review - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Poems For Review / Before I Self-destruct (hold Me Down) (1133 Views)

Before I Self Destruct (psycho) / Before I Self Destruct (Get Up) / Before I Self Destruct (OK, You're Right) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Before I Self-destruct (hold Me Down) by JigsawKillah(m): 5:25pm On Dec 30, 2016
I'm here, you're there
You know I want to chat
I fear you'd lend no ear
So I lay here on my back

Love is cursed, of course
No wonder I feel blessed
But being alone, is worse
I need eased off this stress

So before, I Self Destruct
I need you to hold me down
Before I self destruct

Sitting, cold, in the dark
You came and held my hands
Your kisses gave me spark
Baby, do you want to dance?

I understand my emotions yell
But you understand me well
For you, everything I can sell
Can't lose you, my life is already hell

Before I self destruct

Emptiness engulfs my soul
My past is uglier than my whole
Right before I lose control
I'll smash my brains with a pole

Give me strength to pull this through
If I don't, I know not what else to do
Right before I end this dude
A kiss, and I'll feel good

Before I self destruct

I can't leave my son alone
This world is a cruel place
I'd be insane to let my bone
So young running this race

But I have to go my way
But I can't say my goodbyes
So once again, I'll stay
Just to look at those bulgy eyes

But before I self destruct
Before I self destruct

No, until I self destruct
My life, I'd reconstruct
But you have to hold me down

© Jigsawkillah

9 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Before I Self-destruct (hold Me Down) by lanicky(f): 5:46pm On Dec 30, 2016
Nice smiley

Laveda.
Re: Before I Self-destruct (hold Me Down) by Nobody: 6:00pm On Dec 30, 2016
This was beautiful smiley
Re: Before I Self-destruct (hold Me Down) by Laveda(f): 12:32am On Dec 31, 2016
lanicky:
Nice smiley

Laveda.

Lovely piece Jigs.
Re: Before I Self-destruct (hold Me Down) by AfroSamurai: 12:50am On Dec 31, 2016
All you all shouting nice, lovely and whatever up there, if you're ask to identify the rhyme scheme used in the poem, or even list 5 poetic device in the poem, you'd ignore the mention the way a broke man ignores a beggar on the street.

So please, keep your condescending asslicking and annoying patronising habit away from this section.

This ain't the romance section where ignorance run amok, you know.
Re: Before I Self-destruct (hold Me Down) by JigsawKillah(m): 9:20am On Dec 31, 2016
AfroSamurai:
All you all shouting nice, lovely and whatever up there, if you're ask to identify the rhyme scheme used in the poem, or even list 5 poetic device in the poem, you'd ignore the mention the way a broke man ignores a beggar on the street.

So please, keep your condescending asslicking and annoying patronising habit away from this section.

This ain't the romance section where ignorance run amok, you know.

instead of attacking them, why not just tell us what the poem is lacking or if its cool? since when has it become wrong to praise something that looks nice to you?

2 Likes

Re: Before I Self-destruct (hold Me Down) by SalomonKane: 9:30am On Dec 31, 2016
JigsawKillah:

instead of attacking them, why not just tell us what the poem is lacking or if its cool? since when has it become wrong to praise something that looks nice to you?
It's always nice to praise anything that looks nice if you truly understand and know how nice that thing is.
Re: Before I Self-destruct (hold Me Down) by JigsawKillah(m): 2:25pm On Dec 31, 2016
SalomonKane:
It's always nice to praise anything that looks nice if you truly understand and know how nice that thing is.

people praise things depending on how they understand it. what if they're praising it for the message as they understood it? that afro guy should know this is the poem section. such squabbles will not be tolerated here.
Re: Before I Self-destruct (hold Me Down) by SalomonKane: 11:43am On Jan 01, 2017
JigsawKillah:

people praise things depending on how they understand it. what if they're praising it for the message as they understood it? that afro guy should know this is the poem section. such squabbles will not be tolerated here.
Chill out, Jigs. I'm sure you don't know afro and Salomon have one thing in common? They're affiliated to 1832. grin

Happy New Year, brah. grin

1 Like

Re: Before I Self-destruct (hold Me Down) by GRACEGLORY: 3:45am On Aug 26, 2017
La beauté de la créativité

Creativity is not limited to craft, nor drawing or painting, it also extends to writing,
Painting with words to express oneself, either in letters or orally.

The group is to help us develop individually as our work or piece will be subject to constructive criticism
As well as debate, and advise. And also, to show case our piece as a couple of employers and others that needs
The services will also be among us in the group.

It's also a platform to teach, and shape us.

Send Whatsaap message "0803 054 6462" to join.
Send message in this format: join writers group.

Cheers.
Re: Before I Self-destruct (hold Me Down) by JigsawKillah(m): 2:08pm On Jul 21, 2018
GRACEGLORY:
La beauté de la créativité

Creativity is not limited to craft, nor drawing or painting, it also extends to writing,
Painting with words to express oneself, either in letters or orally.

The group is to help us develop individually as our work or piece will be subject to constructive criticism
As well as debate, and advise. And also, to show case our piece as a couple of employers and others that needs
The services will also be among us in the group.

It's also a platform to teach, and shape us.

Send Whatsaap message "0803 054 6462" to join.
Send message in this format: join writers group.

Cheers.

is this still open?
Re: Before I Self-destruct (hold Me Down) by GRACEGLORY: 3:50pm On Jul 21, 2018
JigsawKillah:

is this still open?

Yup!!!

(1) (Reply)

Below The Rain / Abobaku / With You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.