Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,870 members, 7,798,915 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 12:13 PM

On Carryover Course In Final Year Would I Re-sit For Exam - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / On Carryover Course In Final Year Would I Re-sit For Exam (15998 Views)

Should I Withdraw From The University And Sit For JAMB Again? / How Mass Communication Students Sit For Exams In Anambra University (Photos) / How Covenant University Students Sit For Exams (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

On Carryover Course In Final Year Would I Re-sit For Exam by maiyetan90: 7:30am On Dec 31, 2016
i had a carryover in my final year (Edu403) from Adekunle Ajasin University Akungba-Akoko, ondo state.
i had written numerous letters to the H.O.D for upgrading of result cos i scored 34% and nothing has been done since 2014/2015 Academic session.
Thinking on visiting the Dean Student Affairs or please what should i do?
All kind of advise are welcomed, no insult please.
Re: On Carryover Course In Final Year Would I Re-sit For Exam by Nobody: 7:36am On Dec 31, 2016
maiyetan90:
i had a carryover in my final year (Edu403) from Adekunle Ajasin University Akungba-Akoko, ondo state.
i had written numerous letters to the H.O.D for upgrading of result cos i scored 34% and nothing has been done since 2014/2015 Academic session.

This is automatically an extra year..
Face it,every delay has a reason.. Forget about H.O.D upgrading your result.Visiting the Dean may either be fruitless..
Re: On Carryover Course In Final Year Would I Re-sit For Exam by ken19: 7:40am On Dec 31, 2016
just re write the course
Re: On Carryover Course In Final Year Would I Re-sit For Exam by Emmaesty(f): 8:10am On Dec 31, 2016
maiyetan90:
Hi dear,

If I'm correct, your school is presently in its 2016/2017 academic session right? I honestly advise you to pay another school fees and write the course again.

Things like this should not be taken lightly, whether you visit the dean of student affairs or not, nothing is going to change except you have a close relationship with your HOD which I doubt you have. The course is a compulsory course and cannot be waived. Please prepare yourself for an extra year.

P. S. The fact that you are spilling doesn't mean you are a failure, we all have different paths to success.

1 Like

Re: On Carryover Course In Final Year Would I Re-sit For Exam by Genea(f): 9:18am On Dec 31, 2016
Pls rewrite it and be serious abt it oooo.... Most ppl tend to fail courses dah made dem spill over cos of lack of motivation and lack of seriousness.. Ur hod won't do anything, just take d course again... God be wit u

1 Like

Re: On Carryover Course In Final Year Would I Re-sit For Exam by Stark7: 2:16pm On Dec 31, 2016
Genea:
Pls rewrite it and be serious abt it oooo.... Most ppl tend to fail courses dah made dem spill over cos of lack of motivation and lack of seriousness.. Ur hod won't do anything, just take d course again... God be wit u
Hello,
Please kindly check https://www.nairaland.com/3547961/giving-guys-feedback
When you're free.

1 Like

Re: On Carryover Course In Final Year Would I Re-sit For Exam by Stark7: 2:17pm On Dec 31, 2016
Emmaesty:
Hi dear,

If I'm correct, your school is presently in its 2016/2017 academic session right? I honestly advise you to pay another school fees and write the course again.

Things like this should not be taken lightly, whether you visit the dean of student affairs or not, nothing is going to change except you have a close relationship with your HOD which I doubt you have. The course is a compulsory course and cannot be waived. Please prepare yourself for an extra year.

P. S. The fact that you are spilling doesn't mean you are a failure, we all have different paths to success.
Good Afternoon,
Kindly check https://www.nairaland.com/3547961/giving-guys-feedback
Re: On Carryover Course In Final Year Would I Re-sit For Exam by Fxwarrior: 3:02pm On Dec 31, 2016
Education courses are compulsory and cannot be waved. If it were your departmental course something could be done.

Problem with most students is whenever they fail a course instead of attending the lectures, they skip it and surface like ghost at Exam day hoping for a miracle. When miracle doesn't happen they say the lecturer is very wicked.

1 Like

Re: On Carryover Course In Final Year Would I Re-sit For Exam by Genea(f): 4:26pm On Dec 31, 2016
Stark7:

Hello,
Please kindly check https://www.nairaland.com/3547961/giving-guys-feedback
When you're free.
owk dear
Re: On Carryover Course In Final Year Would I Re-sit For Exam by kode12: 7:17pm On Dec 31, 2016
maiyetan90:
I'm sorry,I just wanna clarify sth,you spent 4yrs in your school,100-400l and don't know the procedures for carryover in final year? A carryover you had two sessions ago you're still asking about what has to be done now?. If I may ask where are your course mates in your set now?
Re: On Carryover Course In Final Year Would I Re-sit For Exam by SirKriz(m): 7:46pm On Dec 31, 2016
Well, I don't know much about how your school operates. Normally, the status of the course (Compulsory, required or elective) and the minimum number of units you would need to pass are key factors in deciding if you would have an extra or if the course can be waived in your case.

OP, find out from your academic advisor or your undergraduate coordinator. All the best, bro!
Re: On Carryover Course In Final Year Would I Re-sit For Exam by wi5dom(m): 1:31pm On Jan 01, 2017
i believe faculty course(EDU) is a must pass course before one can graduate. Try to pay your school fees, read the course....and all i can say is -wishing you the best
Re: On Carryover Course In Final Year Would I Re-sit For Exam by Donshemzy1234: 2:13pm On Jan 01, 2017
You're in 400level and you're here on nairaland asking us mumu question.
Re: On Carryover Course In Final Year Would I Re-sit For Exam by Nobody: 2:59pm On Jan 01, 2017
Re: On Carryover Course In Final Year Would I Re-sit For Exam by maiyetan90: 12:31pm On Jan 15, 2017
Thanks to all ur comments.. The storm is Over and the Course has been upgraded to 40% from 34%.. Happy Mood..
always remember the difference btw (Hons) & spill over
God bless u all..

1 Like

Re: On Carryover Course In Final Year Would I Re-sit For Exam by DavidPhillips: 8:43pm On Apr 12, 2017
In my opinion it totally depends upon the will of the student in case. Moreover it also depends upon the factor of passing grade where you are not scoring well or you have the cushion to sit back and improve over the course. I have just revised some of my courses at Orlando Valley University and I think it is a wise approach when done perfectly.
Re: On Carryover Course In Final Year Would I Re-sit For Exam by Olayibo1: 7:12am On Jul 13, 2018
I'm also having the same issue right now..I was terribly sick during my first semester 16/17 session remaining 3 exams..I just manage to sit for d exams..and I only failed Edu 401 which was introduction to adult education.. and they told me if I didn't fail any other course they will wave it in which I didn't fail any course for 2nd semester ..but now..I am always going to school every week to see my level coordinator for it.
I'm just hoping they will do it..cos they've mobilized some of my mates for this July batch...
Re: On Carryover Course In Final Year Would I Re-sit For Exam by EKOMOBONGEKONG: 6:17am On Nov 26, 2022
if a student's year of graduation was supposed to be 2020 and he has a carry over exam to write in 2021, what is his year of graduation now?
Re: On Carryover Course In Final Year Would I Re-sit For Exam by Desolaa1(f): 9:23am On Jan 16
I’m a student of university of Lagos A fresher 100l Faculty of Education Human Kinetics during my registration stuffs after Physical screening my phone got stolen and I couldn’t get information and the school closed for the year not until January I found out that the course registration has closed what can I do please
Will it affect my result
What can I do please help with advice 🥺😢

(1) (Reply)

2012 NNPC/MPN National Undergraduate Scholarship Awards / Are Polytechnics On Par With Universities? / Why Females Prefer Colleges Of Education, Polytechnics – Stakeholders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.