Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,377 members, 7,808,336 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:28 AM

Nigerias Truly Free Sms Service - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Nigerias Truly Free Sms Service (1426 Views)

Free Sms To Any Part Of The World Over Gprs / Where Can I Send Free SMS? / Mtn - 5 Free Sms Per Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerias Truly Free Sms Service by get2sms: 9:12am On Nov 20, 2009
Get2sms is Nigeria's first truly Free SMS service, our business model is very simple. Out of 160 characters available in a typical SMS message, we offer our users a maximum of 90 characters for their personal messages while the remaining characters are used up by advertisers who pays for the SMS.

Our intention is to offer users 30 free SMS messages so that they can reach their friends and loved ones daily. This is however subject to fair use policy.

Currently, once you have registered on www.get2sms.com, you can now access the mobile site @ http://m.get2sms.com and send your Free messages from you mobile on the go free of charge (except for the cost by the network provider).

We are also looking for a few people who are motivated and are eager to change the face of messaging in Nigeria. If you feel that you gatz what it takes then, get registered and send me an SMS in this format [Name, degree, grad year] to the contact no on the site,

How It Works

[center][/center]

m.get2sms.com
www.get2sms.com
Nigeria's truly free messaging platform

Let us know what you think?,
Re: Nigerias Truly Free Sms Service by aieromon(m): 9:28am On Nov 20, 2009
Great concept.
However i'm a little bit skeptical about the type of advert attached to the text message considerin' the rise in fraud via short messaging services.
The example you highlighted above accounts for my apprehension.
Re: Nigerias Truly Free Sms Service by ikefor(m): 11:29am On Nov 20, 2009
@aieromon
I quite agree with the intent of your skepticism, your intent is that you don't Nigerians to be defrauded by marketers promising what is not available,

I think the real question is if all the companies that are running promotional offers on the mobile, radio and TV today are delivering on their promises, the answer is yes and we are seeing winners emerge from time to time.

That said, our main focus as get2sms.com is to revolutionize the concept of sending SMS from a paid service to a Free service. Why can't SMS be free in Naija! - this is the question that facilitated this service, gmail did it and we are all enjoying it today. So far, we are excited about the feedback that we have been receiving this far.

Also Internally, we have an approval process that screens all SMS ads from our self service advertisers portal before the ads are displayed to the users, this helps to ensure that ads meet our guidelines before we display them.

As a recipient, you equally have the option of opting out of receiving our SMS messages by sending an email to support [at] get2sms.com with you mobile no and STOP as the subject.

Thanks

m.get2sms.com
www.get2sms.com
Nigeria's truly free messaging service
Re: Nigerias Truly Free Sms Service by abrahym(m): 12:05pm On Nov 20, 2009
How do i join? I request but no mail was sent my box
Re: Nigerias Truly Free Sms Service by get2sms: 1:01pm On Nov 20, 2009
@abrahym
Our request for invite screen automatically sends your invitation to your mailbox, so if you haven't received the invite then perhaps you may have entered the wrong email address. Kindly try again this time check that your email address is well entered. If the system has previously sent an invitation to your email address, it will notify you that it has. thanks

@ikefor
nice one

m.get2sms.com
www.get2sms.com
Nigeria's truly free messaging service

(1) (Reply)

Blackberry / I Need E73,e72 Or N96,2 Swap With My Neat E71, See Screeshot / The New Mac Pro By Apple

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.