Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,634 members, 7,801,828 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:58 AM

The Bible Taken Out Of Context? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Bible Taken Out Of Context? (6211 Views)

Atheist, Maobi Carl Freed After His Abduction & Being Taken To Psychiatric Home / Whose Medicine Are You Taking? The Dangers Of Taking Scriptures Out Of Context / Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Bible Taken Out Of Context? by benzics(m): 3:54pm On Dec 31, 2016
Good day..

Found this hilarious video by one of my favorite YT channels, NonStampCollector

I love these guys, cuz they depict theist behaviors accurately!

Take some few minutes and data to watch this hilarious video, so when next you're trying to say "out of context", you remember this video and shut it! grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PK7P7uZFf5o

Cc: Hahn, Seun, notjonbellion, KingEbukasBlog, hopefulLandlord, felixomor

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Bible Taken Out Of Context? by hopefulLandlord: 4:11pm On Dec 31, 2016
Christians need to do whatever it takes to avoid watching nonstampcollector videos or they'll become atheists

proof of this is to just look at the comment section of their videos

their videos are so freaking convincing and straightforward that it feels unreal

4 Likes

Re: The Bible Taken Out Of Context? by ScepticalPyrrho: 4:25pm On Dec 31, 2016
grin
The guy on the left must be KingEbukasBlog.

3 Likes

Re: The Bible Taken Out Of Context? by benzics(m): 4:51pm On Dec 31, 2016
hopefulLandlord:
Christians need to do whatever it takes to avoid watching nonstampcollector videos or they'll become atheists

proof of this is to just look at the comment section of their videos

their videos are so freaking convincing and straightforward that it feels unreal
Lol.. Am telling you, these guys are perfect!
See this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QecUUnLNSiY

1 Like

Re: The Bible Taken Out Of Context? by hahn(m): 4:56pm On Dec 31, 2016
I need to book space first grin
Re: The Bible Taken Out Of Context? by ifenes(m): 5:35pm On Dec 31, 2016
The Bible, when compiled was not meant to be a religious book, but a book for intellectual growth. It takes a non- indoctrinated mind to read and understand it.

A sane person will know that a serpent cannot talk. A sane mind will first find out why serpent was used. Didn't the bible itself say" be wise as a serpent"? Meaning the serpent is a metaphor for knowledge and wisdom.

Why was the woman sidelined in the Bible and called witches, and must be stoned to death or burnt at the stake? This book is shelling out metaphors and I wonder how the Christian cult take it literally. None of these pastors have the knowledge of this book.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Bible Taken Out Of Context? by Deicide: 6:00pm On Dec 31, 2016
At please what channel is that lemme subscribe cool
Re: The Bible Taken Out Of Context? by felixomor: 6:28pm On Dec 31, 2016
You may want to read this:
Its titled "Bible contradiction for dummies"
===============

https://www.nairaland.com/3538710/bible-contradiction-dummies-correction-internet====

===============

Enjoy cool
Re: The Bible Taken Out Of Context? by ScepticalPyrrho: 6:35pm On Dec 31, 2016
felixomor:
===============

https://www.nairaland.com/3538710/bible-contradiction-dummies-correction-internet====

===============

Enjoy cool

Hey dude,
This thread is not about Bible contradictions. It is about the absurdities contained in it.
Re: The Bible Taken Out Of Context? by Deicide: 6:48pm On Dec 31, 2016
felixomor:
===============

===============

Enjoy cool

We are still waiting for the part 2 after the part 1 was trashed..
Re: The Bible Taken Out Of Context? by felixomor: 6:49pm On Dec 31, 2016
Deicide:

We are still waiting for the part 2 after the part 1 was trashed..

Really? grin
Re: The Bible Taken Out Of Context? by Nobody: 7:04pm On Dec 31, 2016
felixomor:

Really? grin

For some strange reason i am actually just seeing that your thread. That Dummy up there is claiming it was trashed..Perhaps he had a dream or wished it was trashed in his head.

Good job felixomor
Re: The Bible Taken Out Of Context? by felixomor: 7:07pm On Dec 31, 2016
4everGod:

For some strange reason i am actually just seeing that your thread. That Dummy up there is claiming it was trashed..Perhaps he had a dream or wished it was trashed in his head.

Good job felixomor

Thank u brother.

His own "thrash" means something else, Best known to him.

His delusions are vivid. grin
Re: The Bible Taken Out Of Context? by benzics(m): 7:29pm On Dec 31, 2016
4everGod:

Good job felixomor
felixomor:

Thank u brother.

His own "thrash" means something else, Best known to him.

His delusions are vivid. grin
Lol.. And none of them are addressing the op grin

@felixomor what has your thread got to do with this? And you claim the Bible has no contradictions?

Look at the below

Lol, I know you might probably say" out of context" grin cheesy

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Bible Taken Out Of Context? by felixomor: 7:30pm On Dec 31, 2016
benzics:

@felixomor what has your thread got to do with this? And you claim the Bible has no contradictions?

Look at the below

As in eh. grin
That thread is really for you.

You need it, honestly cool

1 Like

Re: The Bible Taken Out Of Context? by benzics(m): 7:31pm On Dec 31, 2016
Deicide:
At please what channel is that lemme subscribe cool
NonStampCollector cool

1 Like

Re: The Bible Taken Out Of Context? by benzics(m): 7:35pm On Dec 31, 2016
Re: The Bible Taken Out Of Context? by benzics(m): 7:36pm On Dec 31, 2016
felixomor:

As in eh. grin
That thread is really for you.

You need it, honestly cool
I understood where you were driving at in the post, because the popular texts we call contradictory, if going by the meaning of contradiction, are not really contradicting each other, just that some accounts has more details...

But in the picture above, the text is clearly opposite! Love does not envy.. God is Love... God is jealous...
God(love) is jealous ! = love does not envy (clearly opposite!)
Re: The Bible Taken Out Of Context? by Nobody: 7:36pm On Dec 31, 2016
benzics:

Look at the below

Lol, I know you might probably say" out of context" grin cheesy

When it comes to Christianity you all turn silly and loose all your logical sense of reasoning.

That crap you put up there has been trashed by me repeatedly and you guys need to stop rehashing stuff that has been shredded already

jealous
ˈdʒɛləs/
adjective
feeling or showing an envious resentment of someone or their achievements, possessions, or perceived advantages.
"she was always jealous of me"
synonyms: envious, covetous, desirous; More
antonyms: admiring, proud
feeling or showing a resentful suspicion that one's partner is attracted to or involved with someone else.
"a jealous husband"
synonyms: suspicious, distrustful, mistrustful, doubting, insecure, anxious; More
fiercely protective of one's rights or possessions.
"the men were proud of their achievements and jealous of their independence"
synonyms: protective, defensive, vigilant, watchful, heedful, mindful, careful, solicitous, attentive
"they are very jealous of their rights"

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Bible Taken Out Of Context? by felixomor: 7:40pm On Dec 31, 2016
benzics:

I understood where you were driving at in the post, because the popular texts we call contradictory, if going by the meaning of contradiction, are not really contradicting each other, just that some accounts has more details...

But in the picture above, the text is clearly opposite! Love does not envy.. God is Love... God is jealous...
God(love) is jealous ! = love does not envy (clearly opposite!)

Have u seen "God envies" in the bible?
Or u think jealous in the original hebrew manuscript is "envy"?
U guys dissapoint me, honestly.

Please spend some money, get a concordance and a dictionary.(Honest advice)

Cheers
Re: The Bible Taken Out Of Context? by Nobody: 7:42pm On Dec 31, 2016
felixomor:

Cheers

Ignore the guy. They all turn into mindless zombies when it comes to the Bible and the Christian God. It should make you wonder why a non existent being (according to them) should be troubling them so much.
Re: The Bible Taken Out Of Context? by benzics(m): 7:43pm On Dec 31, 2016
4everGod:

When it comes to Christianity you are turn silly and loose all your logical sense of reasoning.

That crap you put up there has been trashed by me repeatedly and you guys need to stop rehashing stuff that has been shredded already

jealous
ˈdʒɛləs/
adjective
feeling or showing an envious resentment of someone or their achievements, possessions, or perceived advantages.
"she was always jealous of me"
synonyms: envious, covetous, desirous; More
antonyms: admiring, proud
feeling or showing a resentful suspicion that one's partner is attracted to or involved with someone else.
"a jealous husband"
synonyms: suspicious, distrustful, mistrustful, doubting, insecure, anxious; More
[size=15pt][b]fiercely protective of one's rights or possessions.
"the men were proud of their achievements and jealous of their independence"
synonyms: protective, defensive, vigilant, watchful, heedful, mindful, careful, solicitous, attentive
"they are very jealous of their rights"
[/size]
Lol.. Ya right, doing what you do best.. Tweaking definitions to fit your explanation..

"I came not to bring peace, but to bring a sword" is one of Jesus' most controversial statements because its meaning has many interpretations. The immediate context is the entire verse of Matthew 10:34, "Think not that I come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword."

I know you also have an explanation or interpretation to the above, and I clearly took it out of context grin

2 Likes

Re: The Bible Taken Out Of Context? by felixomor: 7:43pm On Dec 31, 2016
4everGod:

Ignore the guy. They all turn into mindless zombies when it comes to the Bible and the Christian God. It should make you wonder why a non existent being (according to them) should be troubling them so much.

Its sickening.
To be honest
Re: The Bible Taken Out Of Context? by benzics(m): 7:47pm On Dec 31, 2016
felixomor:

Cheers
Here we go again with the Hebrew language interpretation sh-it!
Check the definition of jealous, or you can read it up in 4evergod's post.. showing envious resentment ... Abi envious is not the adjective of envy?
Re: The Bible Taken Out Of Context? by Nobody: 7:49pm On Dec 31, 2016
benzics:

Lol.. Ya right, doing what you do best.. Tweaking definitions to fit your explanation..

"I came not to bring peace, but to bring a sword" is one of Jesus' most controversial statements because its meaning has many interpretations. The immediate context is the entire verse of Matthew 10:34, "Think not that I come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword."

I know you also have an explanation or interpretation to the above, and I clearly took it out of context grin

I need to ask you a question quickly because you seem to think that Jesus meant violence when he used the word Sword right?

What then did he mean here in the same Mathew

Matthew 26:52-53:

52 "Put your sword back in its place," Jesus said to him, "for all who draw the sword will die by the sword. 53 Do you think I cannot call on my Father, and he will at once put at my disposal more than twelve legions of angels?"

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Bible Taken Out Of Context? by felixomor: 7:50pm On Dec 31, 2016
benzics:

Here we go again with the Hebrew language interpretation sh-it!
Check the definition of jealous, or you can read it up in 4evergod's post.. showing envious resentment ... Abi envious is not the adjective of envy?

When u see ur mistake, always learn.

Even 4everGod clearly made it obvious "Jealous" had multiple meanings.
U went to the part that suited u.

You r on ur own with ur dishonesty.
It changes nothing.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Bible Taken Out Of Context? by benzics(m): 7:54pm On Dec 31, 2016
felixomor:

When u see ur mistake, always learn.

Even 4everGod clearly made it obvious "Jealous" had multiple meanings.
U went to the part that suited u.

You r on ur own with ur dishonesty.
It changes nothing.
Lol.. so you didn't also go to the part that suited you? I know if Jesus said "kill everyone who blasphemes me". You'll probably find a suitable definition for that "kill" just like Muslims have interpreted "strike her[your wife]" to hitting her with a toothpick.. *facepalm * embarassed

2 Likes

Re: The Bible Taken Out Of Context? by felixomor: 7:56pm On Dec 31, 2016
benzics:

Lol.. so you didn't also go to the part that suited you? I know if Jesus said "kill everyone who blasphemes me". You'll probably find a suitable definition for that "kill" just like Muslims have interpreted "strike her[your wife]" to hitting her with a toothpick.. *facepalm * embarassed

I didnt go to the part that suited me because I have seen the hebrew manuscript translation.

Go buy a concordance and read.
Before u create new arguments from nowhere.

Shalom.
Re: The Bible Taken Out Of Context? by benzics(m): 7:59pm On Dec 31, 2016
4everGod:

I need to ask you a question quickly because you seem to think that Jesus meant violence when he used the word Sword right?

What then did he mean here in the same Mathew

Matthew 26:52-53:

52 "Put your sword back in its place," Jesus said to him, "for all who draw the sword will die by the sword. 53 Do you think I cannot call on my Father, and he will at once put at my disposal more than twelve legions of angels?"

Jesus and his daddy doing what they know how to do best making contradicting statements!

Is it not the same god that wiped out the "whole world" Because there was too much violence? (using violence to eradicate violence)?

1 Like

Re: The Bible Taken Out Of Context? by Deicide: 8:00pm On Dec 31, 2016
It seams dishonest folks have entered the thread...

Yahweh showed signs of jealousy when he told the Isrealites Not to worship any other God execpt from him....throughout the OT yahweh was busy proving himself to The Egyptian God Baal!...

Jesus...."Go sell you cloak and go buy one" was this Figurative also? And don't tell me I don't know the meaning of "Gospel"

2 Likes

Re: The Bible Taken Out Of Context? by Nobody: 8:01pm On Dec 31, 2016
Benzics let me help you come out of this quagmire of ignorance you seem to find yourself. When you wish to quote scripture try to be honest enough to quote it completely so lets quote Mathew 10 again but this time taking all the way to verse 37 which is what you should have done originally in order to get the meaning of the word SWORD

Matthew 10:32 -39:

32 "Whoever acknowledges me before men, I will also acknowledge him before my Father in heaven. 33 But whoever disowns me before men, I will disown him before my Father in heaven. 34 Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth, but a sword. 35 For I have come to turn

a man against his father,
a daughter against her mother,
a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law—
36 a man’s enemies will be the members of his own household

37 Anyone who loves his father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who loves his son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me; and anyone who does not take up his cross and follow me is not worthy of me. 39 Whoever finds his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life for my sake will find it."

If you reference Micah 7:6, you will see verse 35 to 37 of mathew repeated and i quote

For son dishonors father,
Daughter rises against her mother,
Daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law;
A man’s enemies are the men of his own household.

The sword was figurative and it meant A SPLIT...A DIVISION....Same thing that happened when The parents of Jesus came to meet him at the temple and message was brought to Jesus that His parents were outside looking for Him and His response was WHO ARE MY PARENTS OR MY BROTHERS OR SISTERS....THOSE WHO DO THE WILL OF MY FATHER ARE MY BROTHERS AND SISTERS AND MOTHER AND FATHER....That is the division the sword was talking about.

It means nothing else should matter except your salvation even if it means going against the dictates of your family which contravene the scriptures DO SO!
Re: The Bible Taken Out Of Context? by benzics(m): 8:02pm On Dec 31, 2016
felixomor:

I didnt go to the part that suited me because I have seen the hebrew manuscript translation.

Go buy a concordance and read.
Before u create new arguments from nowhere.

Shalom.

Ya right! grin

You're just doing exactly what the video depicted, let me just sit back and laugh.. grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Where Is The Torah And Injil? / Why I Became A Satanist!( Must Read) Exposing Xtianity The Deceptiveness. / Rccg Sunday School Manual (2016/2017 Edition)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.