Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,032 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:43 AM

President Buhari's New Year Message For 2017 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Buhari's New Year Message For 2017 (17205 Views)

President Buhari's New Year Message To Nigerians Is An Embarrassment - Ozekhome / Exposing The Lies, Contradictions In President Buhari’s New Year Address – Reno / President Buhari's New Year Speech, 2018: 10 Key Points (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

President Buhari's New Year Message For 2017 by themomentng: 3:56pm On Dec 31, 2016
My dear Compatriots,

I am happy to welcome you to the beginning of a New Year in our beloved country Nigeria.

I felicitate with you today at a time when our nation is witnessing a new and impressive turnaround in our security and socio-economic situation.

I know you will join me to, once again, congratulate the heroic and gallant efforts of our military and other security agencies on their remarkable successes to rid the nation of terrorism.

Following the successful capture of Sambisa Forest, spearheaded by troops of Operation Lafiya Dole, we have entered a new phase in our battle against our common enemy, Boko Haram.

When we see our beloved 21 Chibok girls reuniting with their families and community for Christmas, it gives us the hope that those who are still in captivity will one day return to the loving arms of family, friends and well-wishers.

I urge all Nigerians to be on the alert and watch out for strange figures settling in their communities, and report to the nearest security agencies, as our armed forces intensify the pursuit of fleeing terrorists from the captured Sambisa Forest.

Misguided elements who decided to take up arms against constituted authorities must be brought to face the full weight of the law.

The support of all Nigerians to security agencies to enable them successfully execute their mandate is crucial in our bid to effectively secure our country.

Seeing the joyful return of thousands of Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs) to Damasak town in Borno State, following the reopening of Maiduguri/Gubio/Damasak road in Northern Borno on December 25, 2016, reassured us that the voluntary return of IDPs in other parts of the country is imminent.

The Federal Government will spare no effort in seeing to the resettlement and rehabilitation of the unfortunate victims of terrorism and insurgency. I urge state governments, privileged Nigerians, donor agencies and countries to redouble their contributions towards this goal.

Government is aware of some mistakes and wrongdoings in handling the affairs of IDPs. We are taking measures to correct those mistakes and punish the culprits.

In this New Year, I want to reassure all Nigerians that our defence and security forces are more than ever before ready to perform their constitutional role of protecting lives and property in the country; and we will surely overcome all other forms of security challenges.

The lingering security issues in several states will be frontally addressed. These ugly crises cannot be allowed to fester as they strain the unifying bonds of brotherhood and neighbourliness. Some sections of the press and some politicians should avoid provocative and inflammatory statements, while the government is painstakingly trying to find solutions to our challenges.

I want to remind you on the first day of this New Year of an African proverb that says “it is easy to break a broomstick but not a bunch”. Nigeria is a bunch and is more than equal to troublemakers.

I have interacted with a broad spectrum of Nigerians, the old and the young, and they have told me unequivocally that they believe in the unity and stability of Nigeria.

The year 2017 provides an opportunity for us to build on those aspects of our national life that unite us. We are courageous, hardworking, hospitable, steadfast and resilient people, even in the face of difficulties.

These are the attributes that define us and have for years confounded the pessimists who do not believe in our continued existence as a united and indivisible nation. We are a remarkable nation that has succeeded in harnessing our multiple diversities for national development. We must continue to support and tolerate one another and live together as one.

We will continue to pursue peace initiatives in the Niger Delta as I again, call on our brothers in that region who have taken to violent disruptions of economic infrastructure to come to the negotiating table.

As for our brothers and sisters of the Shia Community, we urge them, too, to embrace peace. They must accept the laws of the country they live in. They cannot be islands by themselves. At the same time, the law enforcement agencies must treat them humanely and according to the rule of law.

On our part, in the past 20 months since our inauguration on May 29, 2015, we have focused our energies to turn around the economy, create jobs, fight corruption, and transform agriculture to replace oil and gas as a major revenue earner for the nation. I am encouraged that we are getting things right.

The agricultural revolution has begun. Farmers in different parts of the country are experiencing bumper harvests; states are getting into strategic partnership towards attaining self-sufficiency in rice, and the era of over-dependence on oil for foreign exchange revenues is gradually waning. I am optimistic that the CHANGE we all yearned for in voting this administration to power in 2015 will manifest more and be sustained in different sectors, particularly agriculture, in 2017.

As you may be aware, our economic recovery and growth plan in 2017 is anchored on optimizing the use of local content and empowering local businesses.

In pursuit of this administration’s philosophy, we will continue to appeal that we buy “Made In Nigeria” goods. Like I said during the 2017 Budget presentation to the National Assembly, farmers, small and medium-sized manufacturers, agro-allied businesses, dressmakers, entertainers and technology start-ups, will remain the true drivers of our economic future. They are the engine of our economic recovery and their needs underpin our Economic Recovery and Growth Plan.

On job creation, this administration will sustain existing programmes aimed at lifting a vast number of our youth out of poverty, while at the same time creating the opportunities for people to fend for themselves.

Our determination to wrestle corruption to the ground remains unshaken. This fight, which will be guided by respect for the rule of law and due process, will not spare anybody or organ of government. It is a collective undertaking and resolve that must be seen to its logical conclusion in spite of certain distractions. The fate of our country lies partly in the success of this campaign. It will be unthinkable on my part to allow the boat of this crucial campaign promise capsize mid-stream.

I thank you for the public support for our administration’s efforts to transform Nigeria. I assure you again that the current pains are temporary and will ease when the economic seeds in gestation begin to bloom to fruition. I urge you to continue to support this administration in its effort to transform Nigeria for the good of all.

I wish you a Happy New Year, 2017.

MUHAMMADU BUHARI

President, Federal Republic of Nigeria.

Re: President Buhari's New Year Message For 2017 by MrBrighto: 3:57pm On Dec 31, 2016
RESIGNING AT THIS MOMENT WILL BE THE BEST THING U CAN EVER DO FOR NIGERIA

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: President Buhari's New Year Message For 2017 by truthspeaks: 3:59pm On Dec 31, 2016
I ddint see anything concerning the anti-corruption war. I tot dat was d pillar of buhari's govt.

He ddnt mention the fulani herdsmen killing spree.

Let's pray they become useful in 2017 #UselessGovt

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Buhari's New Year Message For 2017 by Seun(m): 4:07pm On Dec 31, 2016
themomentng:
As for our brothers and sisters of the Shia Community, we urge them, too, to embrace peace. They must accept the laws of the country they live in. They cannot be islands by themselves. At the same time, the law enforcement agencies must treat them humanely and according to the rule of law.
He called the Shia muslims brothers, wow! He also urged law enforcement agencies to treat them humanely. But he didn't promise to punish the people who killed their brothers and sisters and fathers and mothers and children and friends. Better than expected, but still not good enough.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Buhari's New Year Message For 2017 by alexiej(m): 4:09pm On Dec 31, 2016
Mtcheeeww!! I'm not reading undecided
Re: President Buhari's New Year Message For 2017 by three: 4:09pm On Dec 31, 2016
No Mention of the #2017BudgetofGrassCutters

..or of the Killings in Southern Kaduna

..or of the 8 plus DIFFERENT FOREX Rates his government maintains

There is a reason PMB was able to send his kids abroad all these years

ERONX:
Below are brief profiles of
President Buhari’s children, focusing more on schools they attended.
The details are as provided in “Muhammadu Buhari: The Challenges of Leadership in Nigeria” written by American professor, John Paden.

“All of President Buhari’s children have had extensive education,” the book said.

“Several have studied at university and postgraduate levels, including abroad.”

1) Fatima: Born March 7, 1975. Education: Airforce Primary School, Victoria Island, Lagos; Government College, Kaduna; Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria; postgraduate degree, Business Academy, Stratford, United Kingdom.

2) Nana-Hadiza: Born June 23, 1981. Education: Essence International School; Cobham Hall, Kent, United Kingdom; University of Buckingham;
Postgraduate, National Teachers Institute, Kaduna; Masters in International Affairs and Strategic Studies, Polytechnic Kaduna.

3) Safinatu: Born October 13, 1983. Education: Essence International School; Cobham Hall, Kent, United Kingdom; University of Plymouth,
United Kingdom; presently at Arden University, United Kingdom

4) Halima: Born October 8, 1990. Education: International School, Kaduna; British School of Lome; Bellerby’s College, Brighton, United Kingdom; University of Leicester, United Kingdom, Nigeria Law School, Lagos.

5) Yusuf: Born April 23. Education: Kaduna International School; British School of Lome; Bellerby’s College, Brighton, United Kingdom; University of Surrey, United Kingdom.

6) Zahra: Born December 18, 1994. Education: Kaduna International School; British School of Lome; Bellerby’s College, Brighton, United Kingdom; University of Surrey, United Kingdom

7) Aisha (Hanan): Born August 30, 1998. Education: Kaduna International School.

8 ) Noor (Amina): Born September 14, 2004. Education: Kaduna International School.

(Note : In November 2012, Mr. Buhari’s first daughter, Zulaihat Junaid, died of sickle cell anemia after giving birth.

Earlier, one boy – Musa- died in infancy from sickle cell anemia.)

5 Likes

Re: President Buhari's New Year Message For 2017 by tociano009(m): 4:09pm On Dec 31, 2016
Useless man
Re: President Buhari's New Year Message For 2017 by Emmafrancis: 4:10pm On Dec 31, 2016
May God save us all!
Just look at diz
Trump is 70
Hillary is 69
Obama is 55
70+69+55=194

Buhari is 72
Goodluck is 59
APC is 3 letters
PDP is 3 letters
Therefore 3+3+72+59=137
.......this does not mean anything I just wanted to waste ur time
I'm home if u like come & beat me

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari's New Year Message For 2017 by wapmingle: 4:10pm On Dec 31, 2016
A guy tried to Twerk which later ended up to be very funny and bad as well

watch video below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PRuEo6tW20

Happy New year
Re: President Buhari's New Year Message For 2017 by juliusocean(m): 4:10pm On Dec 31, 2016
What can I say undecided

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari's New Year Message For 2017 by zumarock9(m): 4:11pm On Dec 31, 2016
I thought dis man was a nursery school graduate. Naija and lie how did he compose did well arranged grammar. I am not understanding.
Re: President Buhari's New Year Message For 2017 by weblord1900: 4:11pm On Dec 31, 2016
Who message help... If message day help person.. I for Don hammer from MTN, ETISALAT, GLO and AIRTEL

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari's New Year Message For 2017 by cycline404(m): 4:12pm On Dec 31, 2016
Ctrl + A
Ctrl + C
Ctrl + V

Nothing new

5 Likes

Re: President Buhari's New Year Message For 2017 by Nobody: 4:12pm On Dec 31, 2016
Happy new year y'all

As for the speech, I have nothing to say,I leave it to my fellow Nairalanders disect
Re: President Buhari's New Year Message For 2017 by donsteady(m): 4:12pm On Dec 31, 2016
Mr. President, you are holding shia leader, iPod leader and you are talking about peace and role of laws. Why are you contradicting your self?

In regards to corruption. You are telling 170millions Nigerians with no atom of shame that you are fighting curroption, for your information Turai looted much more than mama peace. amechi, Jagaban and the rest are not corrupt I guess.

Mr. President, with due respect sir, we are not stupiid. Stop disrespecting us.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari's New Year Message For 2017 by paschal47(m): 4:12pm On Dec 31, 2016
How is this going to alleviate poverty
Re: President Buhari's New Year Message For 2017 by Nobody: 4:13pm On Dec 31, 2016
But we're still in 2016, how come he's giving us new year message. I hope this Indomie I ate didn't make me miss cross over night

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari's New Year Message For 2017 by Bossontop(m): 4:13pm On Dec 31, 2016
undecided

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari's New Year Message For 2017 by JVExpat: 4:13pm On Dec 31, 2016
Re: President Buhari's New Year Message For 2017 by jmoore(m): 4:14pm On Dec 31, 2016
After capturing Sambisa forest, when will you capture fulani herdsmen that are causing havoc?

Oh.. they are from Libya. How could I forget.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari's New Year Message For 2017 by Nobody: 4:14pm On Dec 31, 2016
God Bless General Officer Commanding Camp Zero (0) In Sambisa Forest. His Excellency Field Marshal Muhammad Okechukwu Buhari.

3 Likes

Re: President Buhari's New Year Message For 2017 by Rick9(m): 4:15pm On Dec 31, 2016
I need food, not some New Year Message mtcheewwwww

3 Likes

Re: President Buhari's New Year Message For 2017 by Preciouscheer: 4:15pm On Dec 31, 2016
cry cry cry cry cry cry

What should i call this man sef??

Is Mr President also a RICHG*** undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari's New Year Message For 2017 by Pavore9: 4:16pm On Dec 31, 2016
For me,. 2017 is a year of exploration of what l gave gained deeper insight into in 2016.
Re: President Buhari's New Year Message For 2017 by Iceeydee: 4:16pm On Dec 31, 2016
Crap! undecided
Re: President Buhari's New Year Message For 2017 by deebrain(m): 4:17pm On Dec 31, 2016
You have been an unfortunate disaster in 2016.

Asper the effort of our military, our footballers, etc.... it's the Nigerian spirit at work. Government failed the citizens. Citizens did not fail the government. You can imagine people still going to work despite not being paid. Despite hard conditions.

We are optimistic people. Goal getters. We are fighters. We believe that things will turn out good. We are Nigerians.

So keep your New Year message. No matter what you do this year to take the remaining we have, WE WILL STILL SURVIVE AND SUCCEED.

Happy New Year sir.

3 Likes

Re: President Buhari's New Year Message For 2017 by shamecurls(m): 4:17pm On Dec 31, 2016
God bless His Excellence, President Muhammadu Buhari (GCFR)

God bless The Federal Republic of Nigeria

1 Like

Re: President Buhari's New Year Message For 2017 by chimdi101: 4:17pm On Dec 31, 2016
mtchewww
Re: President Buhari's New Year Message For 2017 by paschal47(m): 4:21pm On Dec 31, 2016
mhiz:
But we're still in 2016, how come he's giving us new year message. I hope this Indomie I ate didn't make me miss cross over night
You came late, we are already in 2018

But still welcome sha
Re: President Buhari's New Year Message For 2017 by nbright: 4:21pm On Dec 31, 2016
Idiot
Re: President Buhari's New Year Message For 2017 by Truflame: 4:23pm On Dec 31, 2016
Mr President

The unprecedented killings by suspected Fulani herdsmen in southern Kaduna need prompt and urgent attention. No part of Nigeria should remain a killing field. My heart ache painfully whenever I see the corpses of people uploaded on the internet

Mr President, let your new year resolution echoed hope to the peope of Southern Kaduna and to the entire Nigerians

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari's New Year Message For 2017 by wexyee: 4:24pm On Dec 31, 2016
great speech but mr presido wat abt southern kaduna?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pensioners, Teachers, Market Women Want Obaseki For Another Term - Group / US Warship Leaves For Nigeria Today - Tribune / Rivers: 9 PDP Governorship Aspirants Reconcile With Wike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.