Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,487 members, 7,808,804 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:07 PM

Open Heavens Devotional 2017 - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Open Heavens Devotional 2017 (14504 Views)

Open Heavens Devotional For 10th Feb. Topic — Now That You Are Saved IV / Unauthorised Publishing Of "Open Heavens Devotional" Is Illegal - RCCG / RCCG Prohibits Unauthorised Publishing Of Its Open Heavens Devotional (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Open Heavens Devotional 2017 by Howoheye: 6:44am On Aug 21, 2017
OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL

DATE: MONDAY, 21ST AUGUST, 2017.

THEME: THE TEMPLE OF THE HOLY SPIRIT

Memorise:

For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's. 1 Corinthians 6:20

Read: 1 Corinthians 3:16-17

3:16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?

3:17 If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.

The response of the Lord Jesus Christ to the question of a Samaritan woman on God’s approved location of acceptable worship, in john 4:20, put an end to the era where God could only be worshiped in specific places. John 4:21 & 23 says,

“Jesus saith unto her, Woman, believe me, the hour cometh, when ye shall neither in this mountain, nor yet at Jerusalem, worship the Father. But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.”

Jesus taught her that the time has come when true worshippers of God are not required to visit any physical temple or be present in any particular location in order to worship God acceptably. True worshippers can now worship the Father in spirit and truth.

Building on this teaching, Apostle Paul expounded that the dwelling of God is no longer in temples made by human hands (Acts 17:24). He further revealed that God, in the person of the Holy Spirit, now dwells in the body of those who have yielded to the Lordship of Jesus Christ. In 1 Corinthians 6:19, he wrote this:

“What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?”

If you are indeed a Christian, your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit. Out of love for you, God gave you a unique body, and He wants you to reciprocate His love by making good use of it. The question is, are you conscious of the fact that God’s Holy Spirit dwells in you. Are you aware that you are not your own, and that you are bought with a price? Are you aware that you are to glorify God in your body (1 Corinthians 6:20)? As a child of God, God has taken ownership of your body. You therefore have no preferences in matters concerning your body. You must commit your body to God as a living sacrifice and consciously conduct yourself as the dwelling place of His Holy spirit. A Christian cannot therefore make choices about sexual orientation or engage in behaviours on the basis of personal preference. Without any ambiguity, God has made clear the purpose of our body; therefore, any notion about freedom of choice regarding sexuality and sexual acts is essentially incompatible with God’s word. God also warns that He will destroy those who defile His temple, which is our body. Take note of this and be wise!

Prayer Point:

Father, please abide in me; make my body Your dwelling place, and give me the grace to resist any temptation to misuse my body, in Jesus’ Name.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
2 Kings 24-25
Ezekiel 28:11-24

AUTHOR: PASTOR E. A. ADEBOYE

HYMN 6: DEEPER, DEEPER

1. Deeper, deeper in the love of Jesus
Daily let me go;
Higher, higher in the school of wisdom,
More of grace to know.

Refrain:
Oh, deeper yet, I pray,
And higher every day,
And wiser, blessed Lord,
In Thy precious, holy Word.

2. Deeper, deeper, blessed Holy Spirit,
Take me deeper still,
Till my life is wholly lost in Jesus,
And His perfect will.
[Refrain]

3. Deeper, deeper! though it cost hard trials,
Deeper let me go!
Rooted in the holy love of Jesus,
Let me fruitful grow.
[Refrain]

4. Deeper, higher, every day in Jesus,
Till all conflict past,
Finds me conqu’ror, and in His own image
Perfected at last.
[Refrain]

5. Deeper, deeper in the faith of Jesus,
Holy faith and true;
In His pow’r and soul exulting wisdom
Let me peace pursue.
[Refrain]

1 Like

Re: Open Heavens Devotional 2017 by Viking007(m): 9:11am On Aug 21, 2017
Howoheye:

DATE: MONDAY, 21ST AUGUST, 2017.

THEME: THE TEMPLE OF THE HOLY SPIRIT

Prayer Point:

Father, please abide in me; make my body Your dwelling place, and give me the grace to resist any temptation to misuse my body, in Jesus’ Name.

Amen.
Re: Open Heavens Devotional 2017 by Howoheye: 6:23am On Aug 22, 2017
Open Heavens Devotional.
Tuesday 22nd August, 2017.
THE CHURCH OF GOD (I).

Memorise
And hath put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the Church, which is His body, the fullness of him that filleth all in all.
- Ephesians 1:22-23.

Read: 2 Thessalonians 1:1-12.
1:1 Paul, and Silvanus, and Timotheus, unto the church of the Thessalonians in God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ:
1:2 Grace unto you, and peace, from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.
1:3 We are bound to thank God always for you, brethren, as it is meet, because that your faith groweth exceedingly, and the charity of every one of you all toward each other aboundeth;
1:4 So that we ourselves glory in you in the church of God for your patience and faith in all your persecutions and tribulations that ye endure:
1:5 Which is a manifest token of the righteous judgment of God, that ye may be counted worthy of the kingdom of God, for which ye also suffer:
1:6 Seeing it is a righteous thing with God to recompense tribulation to them that trouble you;
1:7 And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels,
1:8 In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:
1:9 Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power;
1:10 When he shall come to be glorified in his saints, and to be admired in all them that believe (because our testimony among you was believed) in that day.
1:11 Wherefore also we pray always for you, that our God would count you worthy of this calling, and fulfil all the good pleasure of his goodness, and the work of faith with power:
1:12 That the name of our Lord Jesus Christ may be glorified in you, and ye in him, according to the grace of our God and the Lord Jesus Christ.

The Church is a body of saints being prepared as the Bride of Christ to be married to Him at His second coming (Ephesians 5:25-27). It is also a spiritual body of which Jesus Christ is the Head (Colossians 1:18). The Church of God is the meeting place of God and man, created as a means of uniting all people with God and with one another. The manifold wisdom of God, His mysteries, His nature, character and his attributes are revealed through His Church. Among all of God’s creatures, He did not find any of them worthy to be His dwelling place: a place of His rest. God cherishes His Church so much that He showers much care on her, and through her, He spreads Himself across the face of the earth.

In Matthew 16:18, the Lord decreed that the gates of hell shall not prevail against His Church; consequently, the Church of God is served by the ministry of angels (Hebrews 1:14). It is the only institution on earth that angels pay attention to as a matter of duty. The angels of God dote on His Church and admire her beauty (1 Peter 1:12). It is the only institution on earth which angels take interest in, and every bit of progress that the church makes in this world brings joy to them and cause them to celebrate (Luke 15:7). If you have not given your life to Christ, you can cause the angels of God to rejoice today by accepting Jesus as your Lord and personal Saviour, thereby becoming a member of the body of Christ, which is the Church. As a member of the Church of God, you are expected to continually express your love for God in worship and practical service, which includes enduring hardness, afflictions and tribulations for the sake of God’s Kingdom. Always remember that Christianity is not bread and butter alone. Despite all the good promises of God to you, Jesus, in John 16:33b, also says to you,
“In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.”

God’s attention is focused on His Church, and as a result, the devil can never prevail against you. However, you must learn to endure afflictions, and you must confidently confront evil. You must not be ashamed or afraid of witnessing Jesus. Always be mindful of the fact that the Holy Spirit is in you and the angels of God are at your service wherever you go.

Prayer Point:
Father, in Jesus’ Name, please give me the grace to endure hardship, afflictions and tribulations for the sake of Your Name.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
1 Chronicles 1-3
Ezekiel 28:25-29:9

HYMN 14: TAKE MY LIFE.
1. Take my life and let it be
Consecrated, Lord, to Thee.
Take my moments and my days,
Let them flow in endless praise.

2. Take my hands and let them move
At the impulse of Thy love.
Take my feet and let them be
Swift and beautiful for Thee.

3. Take my voice and let me sing,
Always, only for my King.
Take my lips and let them be
Filled with messages from Thee.

4. Take my silver and my gold,
Not a mite would I withhold.
Take my intellect and use
Every power as Thou shalt choose.

5. Take my will and make it Thine,
It shall be no longer mine.
Take my heart, it is Thine own,
It shall be Thy royal throne.

6. Take my love, my Lord, I pour
At Thy feet its treasure store.
Take myself and I will be
Ever, only, all for Thee.
Re: Open Heavens Devotional 2017 by Howoheye: 4:43am On Aug 23, 2017
Open Heavens Devotional.
Wednesday 23rd August, 2017.
THE CHURCH OF GOD (II).

Memorise
Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ:
- Ephesians 4:13.

Read: 1 Corinthians 1:1-11.
1 Paul called to be an apostle of Jesus Christ through the will of God, and Sosthenes our brother,
2 Unto the church of God which is at Corinth, to them that are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints, with all that in every place call upon the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both their's and our's:
3 Grace be unto you, and peace, from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ.
4 I thank my God always on your behalf, for the grace of God which is given you by Jesus Christ;
5 That in every thing ye are enriched by him, in all utterance, and in all knowledge;
6 Even as the testimony of Christ was confirmed in you:
7 So that ye come behind in no gift; waiting for the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ:
8 Who shall also confirm you unto the end, that ye may be blameless in the day of our Lord Jesus Christ.
9 God is faithful, by whom ye were called unto the fellowship of his Son Jesus Christ our Lord.
10 Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment.
11 For it hath been declared unto me of you, my brethren, by them which are of the house of Chloe, that there are contentions among you.

The Church of God is the embodiment of Christ here on earth and for all eternity (Ephesians 1:23). God will continue to inhabit the praises of His people, and His people will continue to live in Him and worship His majesty forever (John 14:16). The Church of God on earth is the representation of his personality among men. She is the Body of Christ, filled and controlled by the Holy Spirit, and so, she renders all honour and adoration to God the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. Although the Church is operating in the world, there is no room for the world in the Church (John 17:16).

“Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity!” Psalm133:1

The Church of God is called to live in blameless unity. Unity is a characteristic that distinguishes God’s people. We derive this characteristic from the nature of God in us; therefore, God expects His Church to manifest unity, through commitment to one another. In essence, the Church of God is one, because it is founded on one gospel, united in one Lord and walking in one Spirit (Ephesian 4:4-6). However, the unity of the Church is constantly under attack because the enemy knows she is unstoppable when she walks in unity. Because it is inherent in our fallen human nature for people to be divisive, unity needs to be continually maintained and actively expressed in fellowship. The fellowship that Christians share as a result of our common union with God through Jesus Christ is expressed as we share the triumphs and challenges of life together. The Bible strongly emphasizes the importance of Christian unity. Acts 4:32 says,

“And the multitude of them that believed were of one heart and of one soul: neither said any of them that ought of the things which he possessed was his own; but they had all things common.”

God exhorts the Church to maintain the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace (Ephesian 4:3-16). We as Christians are to preserve the oneness that the Spirit imparts to all who are baptized into the Body of Christ, which is identical to the oneness of the Holy Trinity. The unity of the Church should be evident in our love for one another, in worshipping together and in a practical commitment to one another, which is demonstrated through deep concern for the weak and a readiness to provide for the poor and needy.

Prayer Point:
Father, please baptise Your Church with true love and bind the Body of Christ together with a strong cord of unity in Jesus’ Name.

HYMN 18: ONWARD CHRISTIAN SOLDIER.
1. Onward Christian soldiers!
Marching as to war,
With the cross of Jesus
Going on before.
Christ, the royal Master,
Leads against the foe;
Forward into battle,
See, His banners go!

Refrain:
Onward, Christian soldiers!
Marching as to war,
With the cross of Jesus,
Going on before.

2. At the name of Jesus
Satan’s host doth flee;
On then, Christian soldiers,
On to victory!
Hell’s foundations quiver
At the shout of praise:
Brothers, lift your voices,
Loud your anthems raise!
[Refrain]

3. Like a mighty army
Moves the Church of God:
Brothers, we are treading
Where the saints have trod;
We are not divided,
All one Body we—
One in faith and Spirit,
One charity.
[Refrain]

4. Onward, then, ye people!
Join our happy throng;
Blend with ours your voices
In the triumph song.
Glory, laud and honor
Unto Christ, the King;
This through countless ages
Men and angels sing.
[Refrain]
Re: Open Heavens Devotional 2017 by Howoheye: 11:44pm On Aug 24, 2017
Open Heavens Devotional.
Friday 25th August, 2017.
THE UNPROFITABLE SERVANT.

Memorise
“And that servant, which knew his lord's will, and prepared not himself, neither did according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes.”
- Luke 12:47.

Read: Matthew 25: 24-30.
25:24 Then he which had received the one talent came and said, Lord, I knew thee that thou art an hard man, reaping where thou hast not sown, and gathering where thou hast not strawed:
25:25 And I was afraid, and went and hid thy talent in the earth: lo, there thou hast that is thine.
25:26 His lord answered and said unto him, Thou wicked and slothful servant, thou knewest that I reap where I sowed not, and gather where I have not strawed:
25:27 Thou oughtest therefore to have put my money to the exchangers, and then at my coming I should have received mine own with usury.
25:28 Take therefore the talent from him, and give it unto him which hath ten talents.
25:29 For unto every one that hath shall be given, and he shall have abundance: but from him that hath not shall be taken away even that which he hath.
25:30 And cast ye the unprofitable servant into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

An unprofitable servant is generally identified as a steward that fails to put his or her talents to profitable use for his or her master. He or she is a wasteful person who is pleased to keep the master’s investment from yielding any profit. Among all the servants mentioned in the Bible, it was only the unprofitable servant that had the disrespectful behaviour of complaining and bringing charges against his lord. He had the audacity to accuse his master to his face of being a difficult and greedy person, wanting to reap where he did not sow! He created the impression that his master had all along been wicked, unfair and insensitive. Although the unprofitable servant tried to portray himself as a humble and obedient servant, he ended up giving himself off as self- righteous person, who had mastered the art of making excuses to cover up for slothfulness and failure. Trying to justify himself, he falsely argued that he became indolent and unproductive out of fear for his master. He forgot that a master’s commandment is a servant’s duty. As a matter of fact, a servant always owes a debt of service to his or her master (Luke 17:7-10). The unprofitable servant tried so hard to justify himself but he failed woefully. God is not mocked; the excuses you have prepared to use on the Day of Judgment will not stand the test of His scrutiny.

Brethren, every excuse that we give for failure to obey the commandments of God with regards to the use of our talents is simply evidence of rebellion against God. The excuse that the unprofitable servant gave is the common plea of many Christians today, who complain that the Almighty God has no right to demand for the use of their time, money and ability for the promotion of His Kingdom. If you fail to put your God-given talents to profitable use, on the day of reckoning, you will hear the denunciation pronounced against the unprofitable servant: “Take therefore the talent from him!” I pray that you will never receive words of condemnation from God in Jesus’ Name. Many would ask, “What wrong have I done?” Search your heart. Have you fixed your Lord’s money in huge deposits and savings accounts, or tied up His investment in properties, exotic cars, exclusive furniture and an expensive lifestyle, all the while leaving souls to perish in their sins? Do you prefer to bury your talents out of selfishness because you care more about yourself and less about God and the expansion of His Kingdom? Have you deliberately refused to put God’s endowments in your life to profitable use; thereby causing the benefits and profits due to God and man to be totally lost? To be commended by the Master, we need to repent of our selfish lifestyle and yield to God in complete obedience.

Prayer Point
Father, please give me the grace to serve You profitably to the end in Jesus’ Name.

Every pow’r as Thou shalt choose.

Re: Open Heavens Devotional 2017 by Howoheye: 2:16am On Aug 26, 2017
Open Heavens Devotional.
Saturday 26th August, 2017.
THE REWARD OF PROFITABLE STEWARDSHIP.

Memorise
And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.
- Revelation 22:12.

Read: Matthew 25:14-23.
25:14 For the kingdom of heaven is as a man travelling into a far country, who called his own servants, and delivered unto them his goods.

25:15 And unto one he gave five talents, to another two, and to another one; to every man according to his several ability; and straightway took his journey.

25:16 Then he that had received the five talents went and traded with the same, and made them other five talents.

25:17 And likewise he that had received two, he also gained other two.

25:18 But he that had received one went and digged in the earth, and hid his lord's money.

25:19 After a long time the lord of those servants cometh, and reckoneth with them.

25:20 And so he that had received five talents came and brought other five talents, saying, Lord, thou deliveredst unto me five talents: behold, I have gained beside them five talents more.

25:21 His lord said unto him, Well done, thou good and faithful servant: thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.

25:22 He also that had received two talents came and said, Lord, thou deliveredst unto me two talents: behold, I have gained two other talents beside them.

25:23 His lord said unto him, Well done, good and faithful servant; thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.

Christianity entails total submission to the will of God as revealed in His word. A Christian must view God as the ultimate Owner of everything, who decides to delegate and distribute a certain measure of His resources to each and every person according to their ability, for the purpose of making profit.

In reality, all that we own isn’t really ours; they are blessings that have been graciously bestowed on us by the Lord (John 3:27). For all that God has given to us, there’s an expectation that comes along with them. The word “stewardship”, summarises this arrangement. A steward is a special servant employed to oversee and manage the affairs of the household according to the dictates of the owner. He or she is simply a servant who has been entrusted with the authority to make decisions on behalf of his or her master. All purchases pertaining to the running of a household are made by the steward. Even some very important decisions are made by the steward. For example, Abraham entrusted his steward, Eliezer of Damascus, with the crucial responsibility of choosing a wife for his son Isaac (Genesis 24:2-4).

A true Christian operates under the same dynamics today. As a steward over the heritage of God, you should be able to operate without supervision. Everything you do should be done as unto the Lord. You should make certain that the resources you are entrusted with are put to proper use for God and not for personal gain. As God’s steward, you should do everything to ensure that the Lord’s resources are carefully deployed to accomplish His agenda.

A steward is a trustworthy ambassador that sometimes stands in the place of God to make decisions and take action that could have far-reaching effects on people’s lives. Christian stewardship is therefore an awesome responsibility that should be handled with utmost care. May you never mishandle your responsibility as a representative of the Almighty God in Jesus’ Name.

God has very important assignments He wants to execute in this world, and He has entrusted some of these into your hands. One of such assignments is the Great Commission (Matthew 28:19-20). God has chosen you as His primary tool to accomplish this awesome task, and He has appointed and equipped you to carry His message of salvation to those who are lost in sin. You must therefore take up this responsibility and fulfil the heartbeat of God.

In conclusion, here in this world, there are innumerable benefits awaiting all obedient servants of God. However, the most important reward for profitable stewardship is to be a guest of Jesus at His marriage supper, and to stand before God’s throne to receive commendation and crown of life from the Master. You will make it in Jesus’ Name.

Prayer Point
Father, help me to be worthy of the ultimate reward for profitable stewardship in Jesus’ Name.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR :
1 Chronicle 11-12;
Ezekiel 31:10-18.

1. Take my life and let it be
*Take my moments and my days,

2. Take my hands and let them move

3. Take my voice and let me sing,

4.  Take my silver and my gold,

5. Take my will and make it Thine,

6. Take my love, my Lord, I pour
Re: Open Heavens Devotional 2017 by Howoheye: 7:20am On Aug 27, 2017
Open Heavens Devotional.
Sunday 27th August, 2017.
DON’T RESIST; RUN!

Memorise
For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.
- 1 Corinthians 6:20.

Read: 2 Timothy 2:22-23.
22 Flee also youthful lusts: but follow righteousness, faith, charity, peace, with them that call on the Lord out of a pure heart.
23 But foolish and unlearned questions avoid, knowing that they do gender strifes.

While it is important for you to admit your mistakes with a sorrowful heart, it is also important that you learn from these mistakes. Ask yourself: “How did I get here? What did I do wrong? How could I have avoided this outcome?” To live triumphantly in this world you need to pay very close attention to what the word of God says and follow it to the letter. 1 Peter 5:8-9 says you should steadfastly resist the devil, so if you resist, but do not steadfastly resist, you will surely fall. On the other hand, in 1 Corinthians 6:18, we are commanded to flee fornication. In this case, God does not require resistance from you, but that you should take to your heels! If you then try to resist instead of running, you will surely fall.

Similarly, 2 Timothy 2:22 says,
“Flee also youthful lusts: but follow righteousness, faith, charity, peace, with them that call on the Lord out of a pure heart.”

Clearly, there is a time to stand and a time to run. If you stand when you should run, you will most likely fall.

Sometime ago, I told male pastors not to have female secretaries, but some of them who thought they were wiser than I, called it gender discrimination. I told them that after they had become casualties of their wrong decisions, they would remember that I had earlier warned them. One of my very good sons, who knew the Bible very well, hired a female secretary. I asked him, “What are you doing? How can you be in the same office with this lady smiling at you? Eventually, you will end up working late with her. Go and ease her out.” He dragged his feet on this. Today, this same person is out of the ministry, out of his home and jobless. If not that he lives in a country where the government provides food for the jobless, he would have starved. Some leaders are still toying with danger. Some piglets once asked the mother pig, “Why are you always grunting?” the mother pig replied, “When you are as old as I am, you will know why.” Avoid any source of temptation! Resist when you should and run when you should. Some people take it as an act of cowardice to run from those they feel sexually attracted to. No! It is not cowardice, it is wisdom! God knows how he wired your body, so if He says you should run in a particular situation, please run for your dear life!

Action Point:
The Bible has the antidote to every situation; apply it diligently and you will never fall.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
1 Chronicle 13-15
Ezekiel 32:1-15.

HYMN 6: DEEPER, DEEPER.
Daily let me go;
More of grace to know.

Refrain:
Oh, deeper yet, I pray,
And higher every day,
And wiser, blessed Lord,

Take me deeper still,
And His perfect will.
[Refrain]

Deeper let me go!
Let me fruitful grow.
[Refrain]

Till all conflict past,
Perfected at last.
[Refrain]

Holy faith and true;
Let me peace pursue.
[Refrain]
Re: Open Heavens Devotional 2017 by Howoheye: 7:54am On Aug 28, 2017
Open Heavens Devotional.
Monday 28th Aug., 2017.
BUILDERS FOR GOD.

Memorise
Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye steadfast, unmovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord.
- 1 Corinthians 15:58.

Read: Nehemiah 2:1-8.
2:1 And it came to pass in the month Nisan, in the twentieth year of Artaxerxes the king, that wine was before him: and I took up the wine, and gave it unto the king. Now I had not been beforetime sad in his presence.
2:2 Wherefore the king said unto me, Why is thy countenance sad, seeing thou art not sick? this is nothing else but sorrow of heart. Then I was very sore afraid,
2:3 And said unto the king, Let the king live forever: why should not my countenance be sad, when the city, the place of my fathers' sepulchres, lieth waste, and the gates thereof are consumed with fire?
2:4 Then the king said unto me, For what dost thou make request? So I prayed to the God of heaven.
2:5 And I said unto the king, If it please the king, and if thy servant have found favour in thy sight, that thou wouldest send me unto Judah, unto the city of my fathers' sepulchres, that I may build it.
2:6 And the king said unto me, (the queen also sitting by him,) For how long shall thy journey be? and when wilt thou return? So it pleased the king to send me; and I set him a time.
2:7 Moreover I said unto the king, If it please the king, let letters be given me to the governors beyond the river, that they may convey me over till I come into Judah;
2:8 And a letter unto Asaph the keeper of the king's forest, that he may give me timber to make beams for the gates of the palace which appertained to the house, and for the wall of the city, and for the house that I shall enter into. And the king granted me, according to the good hand of my God upon me.

A builder is a person who is capable of handling the design, planning and construction of a building project. A builder is obligated to execute a building project in compliance with the specification of the blueprint he or she has been given. Throughout the Bible, terms like building, foundation, house, temple, building block and cornerstone, are used figuratively. For example, the Bible presents God as a Builder in Hebrew 11:10, while 1 Corinthians 3:11 presents the Christian faith as a building which has Jesus Christ as the foundation. Consequently, ministers of the gospel are co-builders with God and also builders (1Corinthians 3:9). Similarly, the duties and responsibilities of a minister of God can be compared to that of a builder in many ways. A builder should be a wise person who is skilled in the art and science of construction. Likewise, a minister of the gospel should be skilled in the art of building souls of men. No ignorant preacher should be given this sensitive assignment. A builder takes special care to lay the right foundation and select the right materials to make the building well suited for the foundation. In like manner, a minister of God must be mindful of the material they use in building the Church of God. Christ is our Living Foundation who requires the use of living stones for building the Church (1 Peter 2:5-6). Sometimes, a builder must first pull down an old structure and remove the resultant debris before laying a new foundation. Ministers of the gospel must all pull down every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, and remove the debris of many errors, indiscipline, false doctrines and damnable heresies.

There is an aspect of the building profession that involves creativity and craftsmanship. By these set of skills, much beauty, innovation, artistry, colour and style is achieved in a building project. Similarly, the introduction of creative ideas into various aspects of the work of the gospel has produced enviable results across the world. However, caution must be applied because the Bible views certain creative works as whitewashed sepulchres (Matthew 23:27). The decision to accept or reject any creative work is not driven by the work itself, but is determined by the spirit that motivates the worker. Fine craftsmen can prostitutes their talents by producing beautiful idols. The Church of God is a work in progress and every Christian is duty-bound to make their contributions in compliance with the blueprint of Jesus and according to God’s specifications. Let everyone take heed and watch how they build on the foundation of Jesus Christ!

Prayer Point:
Father, please don’t let me suffer loss in life and ministry; let my efforts and contributions to the advancement of the gospel be rewarded in Jesus’ Name.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
1 Chronicle 16-18
Ezekiel 32:16-28.

Re: Open Heavens Devotional 2017 by Howoheye: 7:16am On Aug 29, 2017
DATE: TUESDAY 29TH AUGUST 2017

THEME: CHOSEN FOR DIVINE PURPOSE

MEMORISE: But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvelous light; 1Peter 2:9

READ: Acts 17:24-31
17:24 God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands;
17:25 Neither is worshipped with men's hands, as though he needed any thing, seeing he giveth to all life, and breath, and all things;
17:26 And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation;
17:27 That they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, though he be not far from every one of us:
17:28 For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring.
17:29 Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man's device.
17:30 And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men everywhere to repent:
17:31 Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead.

Many Christians interpret today’s memory verse with the notion that God favors some individuals or groups of people over others. This idea eventually developed into the doctrine of “Election”, which suggest that some people are predestined for salvation and others for damnation. Consequently, this doctrine of election has raised a lot of difficult questions in the minds o several people. Why should a just and loving God favor certain individuals or groups of people over others? Why should a loving God command the elimination of some people without mercy? A proper and diligent study of the Bible would lay these questions to rest permanently. Even a cursory look at the word of God shows clearly that God is good to all. He is not partial; neither is He a respecter of persons (Acts 10:34).
“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.” John 3:16

The above scripture makes it clear that Jesus was given for all men and woman from all nations on the face of the earth, and anyone who believes in Him will obtain salvation. Therefore, those with warped interpretations of Scriptures that present our God in bad light, all in the name of “theology”, are not speaking the mind of God. Through the manifestation of Jesus Christ, the whole world, without exception, stands before God with equal opportunity and access to the grace, mercy, favor and love of God. Romans 10:13 says,
“For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.”

No matter who you are, you can come to Jesus with boldness and He will never reject or turn you down. The statement in 1 Peter 2:9 is therefore absolutely correct for everyone who has accepted the Lordship of Jesus Christ over their lives. If you are one of such people, you can say with certainty that you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, and a member of a holy nation. You are specially chosen to live in holiness and righteousness, to show forth the glory of God in all ramifications of life, and to live in good health, joy and peace. Since you have been chosen for divine purpose, I pray that you will surely fulfill your destiny in Jesus’ Name.

ACTION POINT:
Thank God for who you are in Christ Jesus as revealed in 1 Peter 2:9. Confess each of the titles that describe your standing in Christ in this verse on Scripture.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: 1 Chronicle 19-21 and Ezekiel 32:29-33:9

PASTOR E. A. ADEBOYE

HYMN 8: GREAT IS THY FAITHFULNESS

Great is thy faithfulness, O God my father
There is no shadow of turning with Thee
Thou changest not, Thy compassions, they fail not
As Thou hast been, Thou for ever will be

Refrain
Great is thy faithfulness
Great is thy faithfulness
Morning by morning new mercies I see
All I have needed thy hand hath provided
Great is thy faithfulness, Lord unto me

Summer and winter, and springtime and harvest
Sun, moon and stars in their courses above
Join with all nature in manifold witness
To thy great faithfulness, mercy and love

Refrain

Pardon for sin and a peace that endureth
Thine own dear presence to cheer and to guide
Strength for today and bright hope for tomorrow
Blessings all mine, with ten thousand beside.

Refrain
Re: Open Heavens Devotional 2017 by Howoheye: 5:32am On Aug 30, 2017
Open Heavens Devotional.
Wednesday 30th August, 2017.
SURE AVENUES TO COMFORT

MEMORISE:
For whatever things were written before were written for our learning, that we through the patience and comfort of the Scriptures might have hope. Romans 15:4

READ: ROMANS 15:4-5

15:4 For whatever things were written before were written for our learning, that we through the patience and comfort of the Scriptures might have hope.

15:5 Now may the God of patience and comfort grant you to be like-minded toward one another, according to Christ Jesus,

We are blessed to have a God that does not desert those who belong to Him. In Hebrew 13:5, God promised never to leave nor forsake His own. The divine presence of the Great Shepherd strengthens His sheep, so much so that they entertain no fear. If you are His sheep, He is always with you; even when you cannot feel Him. Do you know that in those moments when it appears as if God has gone on a journey, He is much more around you than you can imagine? When He promised to be with us always, He was not joking (Matthew 28:20). Are you a sheep of the Great Shepherd? Are you feeling lonely or does it appear that God has forsaken you? He has not. He is right there by your side. He can hear your voice and your whisper. He can even hear your unvoiced wishes, and He will answer you. However, do everything to remain His sheep. Remain within His fold and shun every temptation to stray to the left or right.

If Jesus is the shepherd of your soul, you will not lack comfort because He has promised to comfort you through His rod and staff (Psalm 23:4). No one can make it through this pilgrim’s way without the comfort of the Great Shepherd. One way we receive comfort today, as followers of Jesus Christ, is through the Holy Spirit. Hence, John 14:16 says,
“And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever.”

When you go through loss or experience some very painful situations, you need the comfort of the Spirit to restore you to a state of peace. The Holy Spirit is so good at this. If however you create a gulf between yourself and the Holy Spirit, how would you then be comforted in the time of need? From experience, the comfort you get from fellow human beings is grossly inadequate. Why? At best, man’s attempt at comforting you may satisfy mainly physical needs, but the comfort of the Holy Spirit can reach out to all areas of need, particularly the realm of the soul. Another way of accessing real soothing comfort is from the word of God. Romans 15:4 says that this kind of comfort does not only deal with the unrest in your heart, but also gives you hope. This is one reason why you should never be far from the Bible. The word of God inspires hope. If you feel hopeless, check yourself; you may find out that God’s word is scarce in your heart. Are you feeling hopeless or in need of comfort? Reach out for God’s word today.

KEY POINT:
One crucial time you need the comfort of the Holy Spirit is when you are passing through a wilderness experience.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
1 Chronicle 22-24
Ezekiel 33:10-20.

HYMN 16: GOD GIVE US CHRISTIAN HOMES.
1. God give us Christian homes!
Homes where the Bible is loved and taught,
Homes where the Master’s will is sought,
Homes crowned with beauty Your love has wrought;
God give us Christian homes;
God give us Christian homes!

2. God give us Christian homes!
Homes where the father is true and strong,
Homes that are free from the blight of wrong,
Homes that are joyous with love and song;

3. God give us Christian homes!
Homes where the mother, in caring quest,
Strives to show others Your way is best,
Homes where the Lord is an honored guest;

4. God give us Christian homes!
Homes where the children are led to know
Christ in His beauty who loves them so,
Homes where the altar fires burn and glow;
Re: Open Heavens Devotional 2017 by Howoheye: 7:18am On Aug 31, 2017
Open Heavens Devotional.
Thursday 31st August, 2017.
DIVINE WISDOM.

Memorise:
If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him. James 1:5.

Read: Daniel 1:18-20.
1:18 Now at the end of the days that the king had said he should bring them in, then the prince of the eunuchs brought them in before Nebuchadnezzar.
1:19 And the king communed with them; and among them all was found none like Daniel, Hananiah, Mishael, and Azariah: therefore stood they before the king.
1:20 And in all matters of wisdom and understanding, that the king enquired of them, he found them ten times better than all the magicians and astrologers that were in all his realm.

Wisdom is the quality of discerning what is true, what is ethically right, and what should be done in different situations. Wisdom is fundamentally practical in nature. Although God alone possesses wisdom in the absolute sense, as a benevolent God, He is willing to give His wisdom to all those who seek it in humble reverence (James 1:5). We see the wisdom of God manifested in the work of creation and in the provision of redemption from sin through Jesus Christ. Divine wisdom refers to the abilities given by God in every area of life including recognizing and applying the provision of salvation through Jesus Christ, craftsmanship, Knowledge and insight for right decisions in life, and several others. Divine wisdom cannot be received by those who put their confidence in worldly wisdom, which is based on human cleverness and insight without God’s revelation. God considers this human kind of wisdom to be foolish. It may produce temporary success in life, but this will come to nothing on the long run. 1 Corinthians 3:19-20 says,

“For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness. And again, The Lord knoweth the thoughts of the wise, that they are vain.

Worldly wisdom builds pride and false hope in people, so much so that it makes them arrogate success to themselves to the exclusion of the Almighty God (Proverb 26:12, Isaiah 47:10). In Isaiah 29:14, God has declared that worldly wisdom shall perish.

Wisdom has its roots in knowledge. Wisdom is the ability to correctly make use of acquired knowledge. Divine wisdom leads to proper conduct because it is built on the fear of God (Job 28:28). One of the dimensions that the Holy Spirit operates in is wisdom (Isaiah 11:2). Those who desire to possess divine wisdom will therefore need to cultivate an intimate relationship with Him (Proverbs 1:20-26). The Holy Spirit can fill man’s heart with divine wisdom through revelation. This revelation can come in the place of observing how others live their lives, or through the study of nature. Wisdom may also be received as a result of practical experiences of life and from parental guidance. Divine wisdom can only be received by those who are willing to give up all reliance on their own human insight and understanding. As you seek for divine wisdom by one or a combination of ways mentioned here, God will answer you and fill you up with His divine wisdom in Jesus’ Name.

Prayer Point:
Father, please teach me Your ways and lead me through the path of wisdom in Jesus’ Name.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
1 Chronicle 25-27,
Ezekiel 33:21-29.

HYMN 16: GOD GIVE US CHRISTIAN HOMES.
1. God give us Christian homes!
Homes where the Bible is loved and taught,
Homes where the Master’s will is sought,
Homes crowned with beauty Your love has wrought;

2. God give us Christian homes!
Homes where the father is true and strong,
Homes that are free from the blight of wrong,
Homes that are joyous with love and song;

3. God give us Christian homes!
Homes where the mother, in caring quest,
Strives to show others Your way is best,
Homes where the Lord is an honored guest;

4. God give us Christian homes!
Homes where the children are led to know
Christ in His beauty who loves them so,
Homes where the altar fires burn and glow;
Re: Open Heavens Devotional 2017 by Howoheye: 8:19am On Sep 01, 2017
Open Heavens Devotional.
Friday 1st Sep., 2017.
A TARGET OF FORCES?

Memorise
Thou art snared with the words of thy mouth, thou art taken with the words of thy mouth.
- Proverbs 6:2.

Read: Genesis 35:16-19.
35:16 And they journeyed from Bethel; and there was but a little way to come to Ephrath: and Rachel travailed, and she had hard labour.
35:17 And it came to pass, when she was in hard labour, that the midwife said unto her, Fear not; thou shalt have this son also.
35:18 And it came to pass, as her soul was in departing, (for she died) that she called his name Benoni: but his father called him Benjamin.
35:19 And Rachel died, and was buried in the way to Ephrath, which is Bethlehem.

Blessings and curses are two of the most powerful forces on earth, even though they function in opposite ways. When present in any life, either of them can seriously affect the destiny of their recipient. Psalm 37:22 says,
"For such as be blessed of him shall inherit the earth; and they that be cursed of him shall be cut off."

What does this mean? It means that if God blesses you, there is nothing you desire that you cannot get. This is why I am amazed whenever l come across some of my children and they say to me, "Daddy, please pray for me", and when l respond saying "God bless you", they still ask me to further pray for them. I tell such people that l have already prayed the greatest prayer anyone can pray for them, because if God blesses someone, all his or her problems will be over. As a user of this devotional, I say to you, God bless you!

Proverbs 10:22 reveals the power of the blessings that God gives; it says,
''The blessing of the LORD, it maketh rich, and he addeth no sorrow with it."

lf you are blessed of the Lord, you will definitely inherit the earth. You will have all you want. However, if you are cursed by God, you will find out that when God curses a person, that fellow will sooner or later become desolate. What is a curse? A curse is an invitation to all the forces in heaven, on earth and underneath the earth to combine
forces and resources to work against a person, until he or she is completely destroyed. So when an individual is cursed, demons, men, animals and even the elements will work against that fellow. Let us consider the example of Rachel in Genesis 31:31-35. After Jacob served Laban, he finally left to return home. Then came Laban in hot pursuit after Jacob, and he caught up with him. Laban then said to him, "You have taken my two daughters and my cattle, and now you have equally stolen my idols." Jacob denied stealing the idols and said whoever stole them should die. Unknown to him, his beloved wife Rachel had stolen these idols and sat on them. They checked everywhere but the idols were not found. Jacob thereafter left Laban in annoyance. Later on, in Genesis 35:16-19, shortly after delivering her next child, Rachel died. The curse her husband had pronounced eventually worked against her. May you not use your own mouth to undo yourself or members of your family in Jesus' Name!

Key Point:
A curse makes a person the target of negative forces.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
I Chronicles 28-29
Ezekiel 33:30-34:10.

Daily let me go;
More of grace to know.

Refrain:
Oh, deeper yet, I pray,
And higher every day,
And wiser, blessed Lord,

Take me deeper still,
And His perfect will.
Refrain:

3. Deeper, higher, every day in Jesus,
Till all conflict past,
Finds me conqueror, and in His own image
Perfected at last.
Refrain:

4. Deeper, deeper in the faith of Jesus,
Holy faith and true;
In His power and soul exulting wisdom
Let me peace pursue.
Refrain:
Re: Open Heavens Devotional 2017 by Howoheye: 6:56am On Sep 04, 2017
Open Heavens Devotional.
Monday 4th September, 2017.
ARE YOU RESPONSIBLE?

Memorise
To reveal his Son in me, that I might preach him among the heathen; immediately l conferred not with flesh and blood.
- Galatians 1:16.

Read: Acts 9:1-6.
9:1 And Saul, yet breathing out threatenings and slaughter against the disciples of the Lord, went unto the high priest,
9:2 And desired of him letters to Damascus to the synagogues, that if he found any of this way, whether they were men or women, he might bring them bound unto Jerusalem.
9:3 And as he journeyed, he came near Damascus: and suddenly there shined round about him a light from heaven:
9:4 And he fell to the earth, and heard a voice saying unto him, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me?
9:5 And he said, Who art thou, Lord? And the Lord said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest: it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.
9:6 And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do? And the Lord said unto him, Arise, and go into the city, and it shall be told thee what thou must do.

Salvation is great, but you must ensure you are genuinely saved. After having a definite encounter with the Lord that leads to salvation, there are some signs that will confirm to you that your salvation is genuine. One of these signs is that your emphasis would no longer be on what Jesus can do for you, but what you can do for the Lord. The realisation of how close you were to Hell before God's mercy reached out to save you will birth a heart of gratitude in you the moment you are genuinely saved. You will then feel the urge to serve God wholeheartedly in order to reciprocate His love. Genuine salvation births heartfelt service. If you say you are born again and nothing ever prompts you on the need to work for Jesus, that salvation is questionable. In Acts 9:6, as soon as Saul had an encounter with Jesus on his way to Damascus, he asked the Lord, 'What do you want me to do?" Today, after people say they are saved, they only bombard heaven with their petitions and prayer requests. God will definitely meet your needs, but have you ever said, "Lord, thank You for the salvation of my soul. How can l show my gratitude for Your love? What can I do for the One who loved me and died for me?" If you ask the Lord these questions, He would most probably tell you the same thing He said in Mark 5:19b to the erstwhile mad man of Gadara:
"Go home to thy friends, and tell them how great things the Lord hath done for thee, and hath had compassion on thee."

Genuine salvation makes you more responsible and responsive to God. After I was saved, I wanted to know what I could do for Jesus, because God had opened my eyes to see how close I was to Hell, and He made me realise l was now on my way to Heaven. This is why l find it distasteful to hear that some people who have been saved for three years have never witnessed Jesus Christ to anyone. After I was saved, l could not keep it to myself. I was ready to tell all who cared to listen that I was saved. I was also ready to serve. On one of such occasions, one of my ex-students drove by me and saw me carrying a big basket of sawdust on my head, and he screamed in surprise that his lecturer could be doing that in a church at Ebute Metta, Lagos. The location of our church at this time was like a slum. However, that did not change anything about my desire to serve my Saviour and Redeemer. Does the realisation of the great things God has done for you motivate you to go the extra mile for Him in witnessing and giving? How committed are you to the expansion of God's Kingdom on earth? I urge you to become a responsible member of God's Kingdom today.

Action Point:
As a mark of genuine appreciation for your salvation, lead some souls to Jesus today!

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
2 Chronicles 7-8
Ezekiel 36:1-15

Re: Open Heavens Devotional 2017 by Howoheye: 7:12am On Sep 05, 2017
Open Heavens Devotional.
Tuesday 5th September, 2017.
DESPERATION GENERATES OVERFLOW.

Memorise
And the LORD visited Hannah, so that she conceived, and bare three sons and two daughters. And the child Samuel grew before the LORD.
- 1 Samuel 2:21.

Read: 1 Samuel 1:9-18.
1:9 So Hannah rose up after they had eaten in Shiloh, and after they had drunk. Now Eli the priest sat upon a seat by a post of the temple of the LORD.
1:10 And she was in bitterness of soul, and prayed unto the LORD, and wept sore.

1:11 And she vowed a vow, and said, O LORD of hosts, if thou wilt indeed look on the affliction of thine handmaid, and remember me, and not forget thine handmaid, but wilt give unto thine handmaid a man child, then I will give him unto the LORD all the days of his life, and there shall no razor come upon his head.
1:12 And it came to pass, as she continued praying before the LORD, that Eli marked her mouth.
1:13 Now Hannah, she spake in her heart; only her lips moved, but her voice was not heard: therefore Eli thought she had been drunken.
1:14 And Eli said unto her, How long wilt thou be drunken? put away thy wine from thee.
1:15 And Hannah answered and said, No, my lord, I am a woman of a sorrowful spirit: I have drunk neither wine nor strong drink, but have poured out my soul before the LORD.
1:16 Count not thine handmaid for a daughter of Belial: for out of the abundance of my complaint and grief have I spoken hitherto.
1:17 Then Eli answered and said, Go in peace: and the God of Israel grant thee thy petition that thou hast asked of him.
1:18 And she said, Let thine handmaid find grace in thy sight. So the woman went her way, and did eat, and her countenance was no more sad.

If you have a heart desire which you have asked for, but you are yet to receive it after a long time, it might just be that you are either not yet desperate or you are not desperate enough. The truth is, desperate people break all barriers, respect no decorum and refuse to take 'no' or 'wait' for an answer. In the end, desperate people often even get more than they bargained for, while the non-desperate sometimes barely receive the minimum desire they crave. Hannah's experience serves as an example of what desperation can produce in the life of a person. She was barren and she prayed for the fruit of the womb for several years but nothing happened. Instead, her mate mocked her even more; she then became desperate. In her desperation, she made a vow which provoked her miracle. Although she only asked for one child, her desperation gave her an additional five. She experienced an overflow! If you can take your desperation to the limits, you can get beyond your requests today.

Moreover, desperation can cause you to ask for the impossible. When you are desperate, you are not bothered about processes or possible means. You could ask for what most people will consider difficult, and you will get it. Elisha is a case in point. Elisha was desperate for the power of God, and so when he tendered his request, his master told him he had asked for a hard thing. What did he ask for? He requested a double portion of the Spirit upon his master. Elijah said that was a difficult request, but Elisha got it because he was desperate (2 Kings 2:9-15). How desperate are you? Do you believe God can do all things? Do you really believe that your request will not be difficult for God? Are you sick and trusting God for healing? My God has enough power to heal a whole nation in just one night. When the Israelites were leaving Egypt, none of them was feeble. Speaking about this, the Holy Spirit in Psalm 105:37 said:
"He brought them forth also with silver and gold: and there was not one feeble person among their tribes."

Can you imagine that? These people had been beaten, tortured and bruised; yet, in one single night, all of them were healed! If He can heal a nation in one night, can't He heal your whole family at a go? Yes He can! However, how desperate is your desire for Him to do this? Are you ready to hold on to Him today and say, "Father, if You do not heal me, I won't let You go?" The Lord will visit you today, and your story will change for the best.

Key Point:
Desperate people are too hot to handle; even the devil gets out of their way.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
2 Chronicles 9:10
Ezekiel 36:16-32.
HYMN 5: THE GREAT PHYSICIAN.
1. The great Physician now is near,
The sympathizing Jesus;
He speaks the drooping heart to cheer,
Oh, hear the voice of Jesus.

Refrain:
Sweetest note in seraph song,
Sweetest Name on mortal tongue;
Sweetest carol ever sung,
Jesus, blessed Jesus.

2. Your many sins are all forgiv’n,
Oh, hear the voice of Jesus;
Go on your way in peace to heav’n,
And wear a crown with Jesus.
Refrain:

3. All glory to the risen Lamb!
I now believe in Jesus;
I love the blessed Savior’s name,
I love the Name of Jesus.
Refrain:

4. His name dispels my guilt and fear,
No other name but Jesus;
Oh, how my soul delights to hear
The charming Name of Jesus.
Refrain:
Re: Open Heavens Devotional 2017 by Howoheye: 7:10am On Sep 06, 2017
Open Heavens Devotional.
Wednesday 6th September, 2017.
STOP DISHONOURING GOD!

Memorise
Sing forth the honour of his name: make his praise glorious.
- Psalm 66:2.

Read: 1 Samuel 2:27-30.
2:27 And there came a man of God unto Eli, and said unto him, Thus saith the Lord, Did I plainly appear unto the house of thy father, when they were in Egypt in Pharaoh's house?

2:28 And did I choose him out of all the tribes of Israel to be my priest, to offer upon mine altar, to burn incense, to wear an ephod before me? and did I give unto the house of thy father all the offerings made by fire of the children of Israel?

2:29 Wherefore kick ye at my sacrifice and at mine offering, which I have commanded in my habitation; and honourest thy sons above me, to make yourselves fat with the chiefest of all the offerings of Israel my people?

2:30 Wherefore the Lord God of Israel saith, I said indeed that thy house, and the house of thy father, should walk before me for ever: but now the Lord saith, Be it far from me; for them that honour me I will honour, and they that despise me shall be lightly esteemed.

“Will a man rob God? Yet ye have robbed me. But ye say, Wherein have we robbed thee? In tithes and offerings." Malachi 3:8

In the above passage of Scriptures, God complained about His children, who had suddenly turned into robbers. How can a worker in the Church of God or a minister of God be a thief? How can you claim to be a born-again Christian and keep on stealing? Those who rob God are no ordinary thieves. Boy, such people are really brave! Their victim is not a fellow human being but God Himself. You can be certain that such people are the worst kind of thieves in the universe! Can you imagine that idolaters fear their idols so much that they do everything possible not to break their rules? If anything is dedicated to an idol, who would dare steal it? Yet, these people throw all caution to the wind and steal what is dedicated to the Most High and they expect Him to do nothing about it, because He is a God of mercy. This is bravery gone awry! Are you one of such “holy thieves”? are you defaulting in your tithes and offering?

In the same vein, there are some foolish and ignorant people, particularly in the universities who insult God and Jesus Christ occasionally. I know this because I used to be one of them before I got saved. The opposite of honour is disrespect. If you are not honouring God, it means you’re insulting Him. Everyone who robs God of first fruits dishonours God, and if you dishonour God, you can compel him to change His promises and plan for your life (Proverb 3:9).

This was what happened to the house of Eli. Hear what the Lord told Eli in 1 Samuel 2:30:
“...I said indeed that thy house, and the house of thy father, should walk before me for ever: but now the Lord saith, Be it far from me; for them that honour me I will honour, and they that despise me shall be lightly esteemed.”

May the Lord not change His great plan for your life. Do you honour Him? If you refuse to honor God, He will refuse to honour you. If you ignore Him, you will be of no consequence to him. At the end of the day, you will undo yourself by your refusal to comply with divine instructions.

Refusal to honour God can turn the desirable into something detestable. It can push the good things of life that were at a person’s fingertips miles away from him or her. Dishonouring God can separate you temporarily or even permanently from your blessings.

Have you been paying your first fruits yearly? How often do you honour God?

KEY POINT
The instruction to honour the Lord is not a suggestion but a command.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR :
2 Chronicles 11-13;
Ezekiel 36:33-37:14

HYMN 9: ON THE HILL FAR AWAY.
1. On a hill far away stood an old rugged cross,
The emblem of suff’ring and shame;
And I love that old cross where the Dearest and Best
For a world of lost sinners was slain.

Refrain:
So I’ll cherish the old rugged cross,
Till my trophies at last I lay down;
I will cling to the old rugged cross,
And exchange it someday for a crown.

2. Oh, that old rugged cross, so despised by the world,
Has a wondrous attraction for me;
For the dear Lamb of God left His glory above
To bear it to dark Calvary.
[Refrain]

3. In that old rugged cross, stained with blood so divine,
A wondrous beauty I see,
For ’twas on that old cross Jesus suffered and died,
To pardon and sanctify me.
[Refrain]

4.To the old rugged cross I will ever be true;
Its shame and reproach gladly bear;
Then He’ll call me someday to my home far away,
Where His glory forever I’ll share.
[Refrain]
Re: Open Heavens Devotional 2017 by Howoheye: 5:26am On Sep 07, 2017
Open Heavens Devotional.
Thursday 7th Sep., 2017.
A MOTIVATED MINDSET.

Memorise
“So shall the knowledge of wisdom be unto thy soul: when thou hast found it, then there shall be a reward, and thy expectation shall not be cut off.
- Proverbs 24:14.

Read: Haggai 1:12-15.
1:12 Then Zerubbabel the son of Shealtiel, and Joshua the son of Josedech, the high priest, with all the remnant of the people, obeyed the voice of the Lord their God, and the words of Haggai the prophet, as the Lord their God had sent him, and the people did fear before the Lord.

1:13 Then spake Haggai the Lord's messenger in the Lord's message unto the people, saying, I am with you, saith the Lord.

1:14 And the Lord stirred up the spirit of Zerubbabel the son of Shealtiel, governor of Judah, and the spirit of Joshua the son of Josedech, the high priest, and the spirit of all the remnant of the people; and they came and did work in the house of the Lord of hosts, their God,

1:15 In the four and twentieth day of the sixth month, in the second year of Darius the king.

Some people attend big Christian events for the sake of tradition, while some others attend because certain people are coming there. A crowd will often gather whenever there is an assembly where Jesus is present. If you attend such gatherings because of the crowd - just to belong or to show that you are current - you may not receive your desired blessings. In Mark 5:24-34, a crowd gathered around Jesus Christ on His way to Jairus’ house. For many of them, it was enough that they were in the crowd following Jesus, but right there in their midst, there was a woman who was not there because others were there; she was there because she so needed and desired to touch Jesus. She was determined in her heart that if only she could touch the hem of His clothes, she would receive her healing. She touched it and she was healed. That is what a motivated mindset can do. The Bible says she “came in the press behind”. She did not mind if people trampled on her, and she did not mind the pushing and shoving of the crowd; her singular focus was that she just had to touch the hem of the Master’s garment, no matter what it would take. To understand how motivated she was, you need to try getting to the front of a crowd from behind.

Moreover, another person who had a motivated mindset was Zerubbabel. Today’s Bible reading shows that when you have a focused mindset like Zerubbabel did, it will stir you up to take action. A motivated mindset fills your heart with conviction that you are overdue for a breakthrough, thereby ushering you into your desired blessing. For instance, when the man who was paralyzed from the neck downwards was brought to Jesus, it was not for flimsy reasons (Mark 2:1-12). His friends felt he was overdue for a breakthrough, and so on their arrival, when the door was blocked off and there was no feasible way in through the window, they created a way through the roof. When you believe you are already overdue for a breakthrough, you will be compelled to take violent steps towards attaining your expectation. You will not care about the crowd, traditions or the need to socialize. You will not care about who is first, second or next to be attended to on a queue. All that fills your mind is that you are the next beneficiary of God’s mercy. Where do you stand now? Are you overdue for promotion, success, breakthrough, deliverance or prosperity? If you are, let your conviction on this drive you into your miracle. Such a belief has a way of motivating you to take actions that will trigger your blessing. It shall be well with you this season!

Key Point:
While the expectation of the righteous are granted, those without expectations will have nothing.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
2 Chronicles 14-16
Ezekiel 37:15-28.

HYMN 7: OH JESUS I HAVE PROMISED.
1. O Jesus, I have promised
To serve Thee to the end;
Be Thou forever near me,
My Master and my Friend;
I shall not fear the battle
If Thou art by my side,
Nor wander from the pathway
If Thou wilt be my Guide.

2. Oh, let me hear Thee speaking
In accents clear and still,
I dare not trust my judgment:
Thy way shall be my will;
Oh, speak to reassure me,
To hasten or control;
Oh, speak, and help me listen,
Thou Guardian of my soul.

3. O Jesus, Thou hast promised
To all who follow Thee
That where Thou art in glory
There shall Thy servant be;
And Jesus, I have promised
To serve Thee to the end—
Oh, give me grace to follow,
My Master and my Friend.

4. Oh, let me see Thy footprints,
And in them plant mine own;
My hope to follow duly
Is in Thy strength alone;
Oh, guide me, call me, draw me,
Uphold me to the end;
And then in Heav’n receive me,
My Saviour and my Friend.
Re: Open Heavens Devotional 2017 by Howoheye: 6:06am On Sep 08, 2017
Open Heavens Devotional.
Friday 8th Sep., 2017.
THE EFFECTS OF A CURSE.

Memorise
"He that withholdeth corn, the people shall curse him: but blessing shall be upon the head of him that selleth it."
Proverbs 11 : 26.

READ: Judges 9:16-24; 9:45-57.

From today’s reading, the effects of a curse are glaring and obvious. Jotham was a son of Gideon who escaped the murderous rampage of his brother Abimelech. After Abimelech had killed seventy of his brothers, Jotham stood and placed a curse on him and the men of Shechem who conspired with Abimelech to carry out this evil act. Three years after this curse was pronounced, God sent an evil spirit to bring about the fulfillment of the curse. In the process of the curse being fulfilled, so many terrible things happened. Land and property were destroyed, a large part of the population was annihilated and ultimately, the cursed Abimelech died. May you never come under a curse! And if you are already under any curse, it is broken today in Jesus’ Name! Let me tell you a story I heard when I was very young. An old man met a bubbling young man on his way to the farm one day. Being advanced in age, the old man was bent, used a walking stick and limped slightly. Seeing this old man, the young man began to laugh at him; so the old man asked him what he did to deserve such ridicule. “Why shouldn’t I laugh? What can you do?” the young man asked, and the old man replied, “I know I am too feeble to run after you or fight you, but the basket is never satisfied of water”, and then he went on his way. Suddenly, a strong thirst gripped the young man. He dashed to the first hut and asked for water. After drinking so much, he continued his journey. Not long after, he became thirsty again. He stopped at the second hut and drank so much water. Thereafter, he returned to the first hut to ask for some more water, and the people there discern that something was definitely wrong with him. “What is wrong with you?”, they asked. He told them, “One old man said to me, “The basket is never satisfied of water”. “Really, can you describe the old man?”. He did, and they accompanied him to search for the old man, until they found him and begged for his forgiveness. The old man gave in, and then pronounced, “Alright, from now on you will cease to be the basket, and you will begin to have satisfaction.” That was how the young man was delivered from the strange thirst.

Do everything possible to avoid being cursed by God. If a curse from a fellow man can be disastrous, how would the curse from God be? If your biological father curses you, you can run to your spiritual father or pastor, who has spiritual authority over you, and he can cancel it. If your pastor curses you, you can run to the general overseer set over him, and he can cancel it; though he will also demand that you restitute your ways. However, if God curses you, to whom will you run?

PRAYER POINT
Father, help me to never partake in anything that will attract curses to my life.

HYMN 6 : DEEPER, DEEPER.
Daily let me go;
More of grace to know.

Refrain:
Oh, deeper yet, I pray,
And higher every day,
And wiser, blessed Lord,

Take me deeper still,
And His perfect will.

Deeper let me go!
Let me fruitful grow.

Till all conflict past,
Perfected at last.

Holy faith and true;
Let me peace pursue.
Re: Open Heavens Devotional 2017 by Howoheye: 6:46am On Sep 09, 2017
Open Heavens Devotional.
Saturday 9th Sep., 2017.
ONLY HIS WILL.

Memorise
Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light:
- Colossians 1:12.

Read: Colossians 1:12-13, Ephesians 2:1-2.
12 Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light:
13 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son.

Ephesians 2:1-2.
1 And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;
2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:

In every village, town, city, state or nation, there are usually two kingdoms at play: the kingdom of light and the kingdom of darkness. Colossians 1:13 says,
“Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:”

This scripture shows that every child of God has been moved from one of these kingdoms to the other. If you are truly saved, you are no longer in darkness but in the kingdom of light. As light, you should not be afraid of operators in the kingdom of darkness, such as witches, wizards and those in the cult, because you have a greater One inside of you (1 John 4:4). If you are afraid of them, this indicates to you that all is not well with you; there could be some cracks in your wall, and sin might be responsible. Whatever compromises your holiness compromises your divine security. When these operators of darkness see that your light is shining brightly, they will withdraw and dangle carrots of temptation at you, and if you fall for it, they will strike at you.

Moreover, the reason why God translated us from the kingdom of darkness to the kingdom of His dear Son is because He is interested in having His will established both in Heaven and here on earth. Although nothing short of God’s will is done in Heaven, on earth, there is still a struggle to establish God’s will, because man handed over control of the earth to the kingdom of darkness in the Garden of Eden (Luke 4:5-6). As a child of God, you are therefore an agent of re-establishing God’s will in any corner of the earth where you find yourself. If you want to establish and fulfill God’s will, you will make no room for lies, sin and pretense. Among God’s children on earth today, you will be shocked to know how many of them really seek to do His will in all areas of their lives. Many of us want God to change His plans and ways to suit ours, but that is an expectation in futility. God does not change: He is ever the same (Malachi 3:6). As conservative as He may appear to be, His technology in Heaven is billions of years ahead of ours on earth. In fact, He is the One who gives our researchers, thinkers and inventors the latest discoveries they get. Such scientific discoveries are new and news to us, but not to those in Heaven. To them, the best we have on offer is stale news. In Heaven, there are no gimmicks or tricks. Everything revolves around God, and He is in control of time. When God therefore gives you an assignment, He has expectations regarding when, where and how it should be done. If you miss out on any of the details, you will be on your own. To what extent are you doing His will?

Action Point:
Ask God for grace to know Him, and for courage to do His will in every situation.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
2 Chronicles 19-20
Ezekiel 38:17-39.

Daily let me go;
More of grace to know.

Refrain:
Oh, deeper yet, I pray,
And higher every day,
And wiser, blessed Lord,

Take me deeper still,
And His perfect will.
Refrain:

Deeper let me go!
Let me fruitful grow.
Refrain:

Till all conflict past,
Perfected at last.
Refrain:

Holy faith and true;
Let me peace pursue.
Refrain:
Re: Open Heavens Devotional 2017 by Howoheye: 5:58am On Sep 10, 2017
Open Heavens Devotional.
Sunday 10th Sep., 2017.
HE IS AT THE DOOR!

Memorise
Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.
- Revelation 3:20.

Read: Revelation 3:19-22.
3:19 As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.
3:20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.
3:21 To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.
3:22 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

God is a God of order, and Heaven is a place of order. Heaven is also a place where everything revolves around the will of the Owner: God. There is protocol in Heaven and a hierarchy or authority which must be respected. For this reason, when accessing God’s presence, the manner of approach really matters. How you enter into a room or house will determine whether you will be welcomed or chased out. Do you know that even God subjects Himself to the law of order? In Revelation 3:20, Jesus said,
“Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.”

Although God created us, He still has to knock and wait to be invited in before He enters into our hearts. Even though He created the space in your heart for Himself, he still doesn’t force Himself into that space. You are the one to decide if and when He should come in or not.

In Genesis 18:1-8, Abraham saw some divine visitors near his tent. He ran to meet them, pleading for the opportunity to be hospitable to them. In this instance also, you can see that God waited to be invited in. similarly, in Genesis 19:1-3, when the two angels arrived in Sodom, Lot invited them in to spend the night. Also, in 2 Kings 4:8, Elisha was just passing by when the Shunammite woman invited him into her house for lunch, and even though he said he was not hungry, the woman practically compelled him to come in. From that day forward, whenever Elisha passed by, he stopped over at her house.

God waits to be invited in because of His humility, and due to the fact that He does not want to impose Himself on us. Also, He created us as free moral agents and not as zombies or robots: He wants us to be free to express our own will. In addition, He wants us to be able to bear the consequences of our actions and not hold Him responsible for what we do. He also wants to be able to determine if we truly love Him and whether we desire to follow Him or not. If you are not yet born again, you have been keeping the Saviour waiting all these years. Please answer the knock on the door of your heart, kindly invite Jesus in, and surrender your whole life to him. Doing this is in your own interest.

Action Point:
Invite Jesus into every area of your life from which you have shut Him out.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: 2 Chronicles 21-23 and Ezekiel 39:9-20.

HYMN 12: HOW SWEET THE NAME OF JESUS.
1. How sweet the Name of Jesus sounds
In a believer’s ear!
It soothes his sorrows, heals his wounds,
And drives away our fear.

2. It makes the wounded spirit whole,
And calms the troubled breast;
’Tis manna to the hungry soul,
And to the weary, rest.

3. O Jesus, Shepherd, Guardian, Friend,
My Prophet, Priest and King,
My Lord, my Life, my Way, my End,
Accept the praise I bring.

4. How weak the effort of my heart,
how cold my warmest thought;
But when I see Thee as Thou art,
I’ll praise Thee as I ought.

5. Till then I would your love proclaim
With every fleeting breath,
And may the music of your Name
Refresh my soul in death!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Open Heavens Devotional 2017 by Howoheye: 6:13am On Sep 12, 2017
Open Heavens Devotional.
Tuesday 12th Sep., 2017.
*LITTLE REQUESTS LIMIT GOD.*

_Memorise_
And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight.
- 1 John 3:22.

Read: James 1:5-6.
5 This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.
6 If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth.

_Message_
The Lord Jesus Christ instructed us to ask until our joy is full (John 16:24). Due to a lack of faith in God’s ability to meet our needs, many of us ask for crumbs, and by doing so, we insult or dishonour God. Are you one of such people? During one of our special programmes sometimes ago, while in my prayer room, God took me up on this issue. He reminded me of an incident that happened several years before then, when I went to London to prepare our Sunday School manual. After finishing it, I still had three days to go before my flight is due, but I had completely run out of money. The kind of ticket I paid for on that trip was a cheap one and so it did not allow for rescheduling of dates. I felt I could go without food for three days but could not avoid buying certain materials, books and tapes that I needed. These would cost me £50 and I had no money. So I said, “Daddy, it would be good if I could get £50”. Shortly after, my phone rang and I picked it up. The fellow on the line said, “Biyi”. I told him there was nobody with that name here. He asked, “Is that not so and so number?” As we talked, he got to know who I was and he screamed. He called out to his brother with excitement, telling him that he was speaking with me. Obviously, they had been discussing how they could see me and now I was on the phone with them. Eventually, they came over, we talked, and as they were leaving, they gave me £50. As soon as they left, I said, “Daddy, if I knew it would be this easy, I would have asked for £100!”

As I went upstairs in the apartment I was staying at, I rejoiced over the 50pounds I had just received. Just then, the doorbell rang, and then it rang a second time. By this time, it was night already. Before I got to the door, the fellow at the door had slipped an envelope through the door into the room and left. I picked it up, opened it and realized it had come from a man I had known for a long time. He was a very wealthy man who was also very stingy. He had never given me a dime before. In the envelope was £50 and a note saying, “I just felt like giving you some money.” As I went towards the bedroom, I told God that if I had known this second £50 would come, I would have asked for another £50! That night, before I slept, another £50 came. Then I became afraid and told God I was joking and did not want to offend Him. In my prayer room, the Lord told me I had been a foolish boy. “If you asked me for £50 and I could provide it, why didn’t you ask for £5000?” Are you trying to help God conserve His resources when you ask? He doesn’t need your help! Ask, and ask big! Don’t limit Him.

_Key Point:_
If the over seven billion inhabitants of the earth were to ask their best from God, they still could not exhaust a drop of His resources.

HYMN 3: HOW GREAT THOU ART.
1. O Lord my God, when I in awesome wonder,
Consider all the worlds Thy hands have made;
I see the stars, I hear the rolling thunder,
Thy power throughout the universe displayed.

Chorus:
Then sings my soul, my Saviour God, to Thee,
How great Thou art! How great Thou art!
Then sings my soul, My Saviour God, to Thee,

2. When through the woods, and forest glades I wander,
And hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees.
When I look down, from lofty mountain grandeur
And hear the brook, and feel the gentle breeze.
Refrain

3. And when I think, that God, His Son not sparing;
Sent Him to die, I scarce can take it in;
That on the cross, my burden gladly bearing,
He bled and died to take away my sin.
Refrain

4. When Christ shall come, with shout of acclamation,
And take me home, what joy shall fill my heart.
Then shall I bow, in humble adoration,
And then proclaim, "My God, how great Thou art!"
Refrain
Re: Open Heavens Devotional 2017 by Howoheye: 5:24am On Sep 13, 2017
Open Heavens Devotional.
Wednesday 13th Sep., 2017.
GIVING DETERMINES PROMOTION.

Memorise
Every man shall give as he is able, according to the blessing of the Lord thy God which he hath given thee.
- Deuteronomy 16:17.

Read: Deuteronomy 16:16-17.
16:16 Three times in a year shall all thy males appear before the Lord thy God in the place which he shall choose; in the feast of unleavened bread, and in the feast of weeks, and in the feast of tabernacles: and they shall not appear before the Lord empty:
16:17 Every man shall give as he is able, according to the blessing of the Lord thy God which he hath given thee.

When God commanded all males in Israel to appear before Him in today’s Bible reading, he specifically instructed that they should not come before Him empty-handed. He also instructed that whatever they brought to Him must be a reflection of the level of blessings they had received from Him. Based on these two parameters, can you say you have followed the divine pattern when you appear before God? Today, when God’s people assemble before Him, many of them do not care about what they bring as an offering, as long as they bring something. Do you know that God cares about this? For this reason, 2 Corinthians 8:12 says,

“For if there be first a willing mind, it is accepted according to that a man hath, and not according to that he hath not.”

One year, during our annual thanksgiving service for pastors and ministers of our church, I told them that God expects them to bring an offering that reflects how much He has blessed them individually. Then I asked them this question: “Brethren, do you know that many of us demote ourselves by the offering we give?” They appeared surprised to hear this. So I further explained that God knows us individually, and He knows the level to which He has blessed each one of us. He knows those whom He has taken to a level that can conveniently give Him N1000 at each offering. He also knows those who can afford to give N500 and those who are unable to give more than N100. If you are in the category of N1000 but give N500 per offering, you are indirectly saying to God, “Dear Lord, you made a mistake placing me in the category of givers of N1000. You should have left me in the category of givers of N500”. Then the Lord will reply, “I thought I promoted you, but if you want to demote yourself, no problem.”This is why some people are experiencing financial dryness. You are the one who told God that the level He placed you at is too high and that he should take you lower. I shared with my children that at the beginning of every year, I draw up a budget stating what I want to earn as my income for the year. Then I tell God that this is where I was last year but this is where I want to be by the year's end. Thereafter, I start giving to reflect my expectations based on my target. I promote myself by giving beyond my present level, and I can tell you in unmistaken terms that God has never failed me, not even once. Before the end of the year, I would have already surpassed the limit I set for myself. How has it been with your life of giving? Make necessary adjustments today and key into your joy.

Key Point:
Giving at a level that matches the financial status of your expectations is a way to compel God to supernaturally upgrade you to that expected level.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
2 Chronicles 29-30
Ezekiel 40:20-34.

HYMN 10: THERE SHALL BE SHOWERS OF BLESSING.

1. There shall be showers of blessing:
This is the promise of love;
There shall be seasons refreshing,
Sent from the Savior above.

Refrain:
Showers of blessing,
Showers of blessing we need:
Mercy-drops round us are falling,
But for the showers we plead.

2. There shall be showers of blessing,
Precious reviving again;
Over the hills and the valleys,
Sound of abundance of rain.

3. There shall be showers of blessing;
Send them upon us, O Lord;
Grant to us now a refreshing,
Come, and now honor Thy Word.

4. There shall be showers of blessing:
Oh, that today they might fall,
Now as to God we’re confessing,
Now as on Jesus we call!

1 Like

Re: Open Heavens Devotional 2017 by Howoheye: 5:51am On Sep 14, 2017
Open Heavens Devotional.
Thursday 14th Sep., 2017.
HE DESERVES YOUR THANKS.

Memorise
O give thanks unto the God of gods: for his mercy endureth for ever.
- Psalm136:2.

Read: Psalm121:3-5.
121:3 He will not suffer thy foot to be moved: he that keepeth thee will not slumber.
121:4 Behold, he that keepeth Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep.
121:5 The Lord is thy keeper: the Lord is thy shade upon thy right hand.

It is very important for you to give God thanks always. One reason why this is necessary is because there are several battles God fights for you that you know nothing about. Some people are so conservative when it comes to giving God thanks. They think they are clever, and so they only give God thanks when they believe He has earned it. In other words, they only thank God when He has done something very “tangible” for them.

If however it appears that He has not done anything for them, they hold back on offering thanks to Him. Such people may think they are smart, but they are not. When you are asleep, do you know the various battles waged against you by the enemies of your soul? How can you fight for yourself in a realm you are oblivious of or when you are asleep?

Many years ago, while still lecturing at the University of Ilorin (Kwara State, Nigeria), I had an experience that left its mark on my mind. In those days, I could travel from one end of the university campus to the other end within fifteen minutes. After my morning lectures, I could leave the campus, return home for lunch, and rest a while before returning for evening lectures. I was also the pastor of our church parish over there, and so people kept coming in and out of our living room. After my meal one afternoon, I lay down on the couch and closed my eyes so that I could get some rest. As I lay down I put my two hands together on my head and closed my eyes. Suddenly, someone entered the room, held my two hands with one hand and held my two legs with the other hand and tried to kiss me. At first, I thought it was my wife, but then it dawned on me that whoever could hold me up this way must be a very tall fellow. I therefore opened my eyes and the creature disappeared. A cold shiver ran down my spine as I asked myself what this was. Eventually, I pushed the incident aside. Intending to drive back to the campus, I got into the car, but all of a sudden I had a running stomach and began to vomit. I virtually crawled from the car into the toilet. Then I began to ask, “How could this happen to me?” God’s response was, “Son, I just wanted you to see a little of the battles I fight for you, which you know nothing about.” 

For you to sleep peacefully every day, God does not sleep. He continues to watch over you. Why don’t you become really generous in thanking the Almighty God, who alone deserves all your thanks?

Prayer Point
Father, thank You for all You do for me, particularly for the battles You fight on my behalf which I know nothing about.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
2 Chronicles 31-32; Ezekiel 40:35-47.                                                                             
HYMN 3: HOW GREAT THOU ART.
1. O Lord my God, when I in awesome wonder,

Chorus:
Then sings my soul, my Saviour God, to Thee,
Then sings my soul, My Saviour God, to Thee,

2. When through the woods, and forest glades I wander,
Refrain 

3. And when I think, that God, His Son not sparing;
Refrain 

4. When Christ shall come, with shout of acclamation,
Refrain
Re: Open Heavens Devotional 2017 by Howoheye: 5:24am On Sep 15, 2017
Open Heavens Devotional.
Friday 15th Sep., 2017.
A DIVINE CURSE.

Memorise
Ye are cursed with a curse: for ye have robbed me, even this whole nation.
- Malachi 3:9.

Read: Mark 11:12-14; 20-21.
11:12 And on the morrow, when they were come from Bethany, he was hungry:
11:13 And seeing a fig tree afar off having leaves, he came, if haply he might find any thing thereon: and when he came to it, he found nothing but leaves; for the time of figs was not yet.
11:14 And Jesus answered and said unto it, No man eat fruit of thee hereafter for ever. And his disciples heard it.
11:20 And in the morning, as they passed by, they saw the fig tree dried up from the roots.
11:21 And Peter calling to remembrance saith unto him, Master, behold, the fig tree which thou cursedst is withered away.

When you go through the Scriptures and see the effect of a divine curse on those who were cursed, you would do just about anything to avoid a curse from God. Although a curse from one man to another can have terrible effects, if spiritual help is sought from someone operating at a higher level than the source of the curse, such curses are terminated. It’s a dilemma however, if the source of a curse is God. There would be no one to run to in such cases. When God cursed the ground after the fall of Adam, from that moment until now, the earth has not been yielding produce to its full potential. Wait until you see what this same ground can produce after the curse is lifted during the millennial reign of Christ! Similarly, when God cursed Cain, it had a terrible effect on him (Genesis 4:9-15). Cain was supposed to be the first born of the whole earth, but when he was cursed, he became a vagabond. Virtually everyone he met desired to kill him, even without offending them. No wonder he cried to God for clemency. Genesis 4:13-14 says,

“And Cain said unto the Lord, My punishment is greater than I can bear.Behold, thou hast driven me out this day from the face of the earth; and from thy face shall I be hid; and I shall be a fugitive and a vagabond in the earth; and it shall come to pass, that every one that findeth me shall slay me.”

Moreover, in today’s Bible reading, Jesus cursed a fig tree which appeared to have fruit but had only leaves. By the following morning, the tree had completely withered from its very roots. When God places a curse, it begins to operate from the root upwards. I once visited the capital of a state in Nigeria some years ago. This state had a lot of mighty rivers, yet the state capital had no pipe-borne water. Surprised, I made some inquiries on why this was so, and I was told, “Sir, there is a tree in the center of the capital that should not be uprooted. They even had to build a road around it. As long as the tree remains, nothing good happens to this town.” I said “Is that so?” Then I quietly added, “No problem, we are here.” I then cursed the tree in the Name of the Lord. That very night, there was a storm in the town and by the following morning, the tree was uprooted completely. Any evil tree tying down your progress is cursed today in the Name of Jesus! I command it to dry up and be uprooted in Jesus’ Name! Are you under a divine curse? Immediately run to the cross of Calvary in repentance and make your way right with God, and thereafter, seek His face for mercy. May you find favour in His sight today!

Action Point:
Examine yourself to see if you have brought a divine curse upon yourself and your family by your actions, and immediately return to God in repentance and restitution.

Daily let me go;
More of grace to know.

Refrain:
Oh, deeper yet, I pray,
And higher every day,
And wiser, blessed Lord,

Take me deeper still,
And His perfect will.
Refrain:

Deeper let me go!
Let me fruitful grow.
Refrain:

Till all conflict past,
Perfected at last.
Refrain:

Holy faith and true;
Let me peace pursue.
Refrain:

1 Like

Re: Open Heavens Devotional 2017 by Howoheye: 6:11am On Sep 16, 2017
Open Heavens Devotional.
Saturday 16th Sep., 2017.
YOU CAN AVOID WASTAGE.

Memorise:
For by wise counsel you will wage your own war, And in a multitude of counselors there is safety.
- Proverbs 24:6.

Read: Luke 15:11-16.
11 And he said, A certain man had two sons:
12 And the younger of them said to his father, Father, give me the portion of goods that falleth to me. And he divided unto them his living.
13 And not many days after the younger son gathered all together, and took his journey into a far country, and there wasted his substance with riotous living.
14 And when he had spent all, there arose a mighty famine in that land; and he began to be in want.
15 And he went and joined himself to a citizen of that country; and he sent him into his fields to feed swine.
16 And he would fain have filled his belly with the husks that the swine did eat: and no man gave unto him.

In life, some people experience provision before they ever need it, while some get provision just in the nick of time. Some others only get the provision they need after the time the need is past. One Bible character who experienced provision before need is the prodigal son in today’s Bible reading. All he would ever need was already provided for and safely kept by his father. Nevertheless, what was his response to his father’s wisdom and grace? He foolishly asked for all that was his, and he wastefully spent it all. Luke 15:13 says,

“And not many days after the younger son gathered all together, and took his journey into a far country, and there wasted his substance with riotous living.”

May you never waste God’s provision for your life! There are so many people who engage in wasteful spending. There are some people God has blessed with the funds to buy a piece of land, which they can develop as God enables them, but they use the provision to acquire a flashy car or attempt to live “big” while they are still in rented apartment. This amounts to foolishness. There are some youths who get some big money from legitimate ventures, but because they had no financial intelligence and never sought counsel, they wasted it and struggled thereafter.

“If the iron be blunt, and he do not whet the edge, then must he put to more strength: but wisdom is profitable to direct. Ecclesiastes 10:10.

To manage financial provision, you need wisdom. In fact, the Scripture above says that you can get results from a cutlass whether it is sharp or blunt; the difference is that wisdom helps you make the best decisions to obtain the best results. If you have financial wisdom, you would avoid wasteful spending and increase whatever you have. Do you have financial resources beyond what you need for the moment? Ask God for wisdom to manage it. Also, ask for guidance. Follow the counsel in today’s memory verse: ask those who know better. Ask from experienced fund managers and people skilled in financial investments. More importantly, find out from God, the Provider of that provision, what the purpose of the provision is. If you can diligently ask Him, He will guide you on  how to spend it in such a way as to guarantee repeated provision. You do not need to spend on every item you see or like. Humbly surrender your desires to God and let Him reign over them.

Key Point:
You can completely avoid wastage when you submit your finances to Jesus asking Him for direction and approval of your budget.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
2 Chronicles 35-36
Ezekiel 41:12-26.

HYMN 7: OH JESUS I HAVE PROMISED.
1. O Jesus, I have promised
To serve Thee to the end;
Be Thou forever near me,
My Master and my Friend;
I shall not fear the battle
If Thou art by my side,
Nor wander from the pathway
If Thou wilt be my Guide.

2. Oh, let me hear Thee speaking
In accents clear and still,
I dare not trust my judgment:
Thy way shall be my will;
Oh, speak to reassure me,
To hasten or control;
Oh, speak, and help me listen,
Thou Guardian of my soul.

3. O Jesus, Thou hast promised
To all who follow Thee
That where Thou art in glory
There shall Thy servant be;
And Jesus, I have promised
To serve Thee to the end—
Oh, give me grace to follow,
My Master and my Friend.

4. Oh, let me see Thy footprints,
And in them plant mine own;
My hope to follow duly
Is in Thy strength alone;
Oh, guide me, call me, draw me,
Uphold me to the end;
And then in Heav’n receive me,
My Saviour and my Friend.

1 Like

Re: Open Heavens Devotional 2017 by Howoheye: 5:58am On Sep 18, 2017
Open Heavens Devotional.
Monday 18th Sep., 2017.
RESTITUTION: EVIDENCE OF SALVATION (II).

Memorise
Then said Paul, I wist not, brethren, that he was the high priest: for it is written, Thou shalt not speak evil of the ruler of thy people.
- Acts 23:5.

Read: Acts 23:1-5.
23:1 And Paul, earnestly beholding the council, said, Men and brethren, I have lived in all good conscience before God until this day.
23:2 And the high priest Ananias commanded them that stood by him to smite him on the mouth.
23:3 Then said Paul unto him, God shall smite thee, thou whited wall: for sittest thou to judge me after the law, and commandest me to be smitten contrary to the law?
23:4 And they that stood by said, Revilest thou God's high priest?
23:5 Then said Paul, I wist not, brethren, that he was the high priest: for it is written, Thou shalt not speak evil of the ruler of thy people.

A sign that confirms whether or not you have experienced genuine salvation is your willingness to make restitution with your fellow men. When you are genuinely saved, the Spirit of Jesus Christ in you will motivate you to right your wrongs and undo your evil deeds. An elderly judge once attended one of our meetings at the Sheraton Hotels, Ikeja (Lagos), and gave his life to Christ. On his way home after the programme, he just could not contain himself. There was a person he quarreled with several years before, and he had a burning urge to resolve the dispute; so right from the venue of the programme, he went straight to the house of the person in order to settle the matter. Did you say you are saved, but you still hold grudges, have bitterness and manifest an unforgiving spirit? Please examine yourself to be sure you are truly in Christ.

Similarly, there was a particular king in Ogun State, Nigeria. For several months, I went to preach to him and he would tell me “Before your mother married your father, I have been going to church.” He would show me a Bible that Queen Victoria gave to his grandfather. Repeatedly, I said to him, “Your royal highness, that is not what I am talking about. I am asking you to repent of your sins and surrender your life to Jesus Christ.” Then one day, he yielded and gave his life to Jesus. By that time, he had not seen his wife for years, due to a disagreement they had. Within days of giving his life to Christ, he promptly contacted her, and they resolved their differences. You cannot be genuinely saved and refused to restitute.

In what areas would you need to make restitution today? If you stole anything from anybody, return it or pay for its replacement if it’s lost. If you bore false witness against somebody, go and uncover the truth. Have you fraudulently acquired your academic certificate? Go and restitute. If you have stolen another person’s passport and impersonate the fellow, using the passport to move around, go and restitute. Are you a second or third wife to a man, or have you married two or more wives? You are living in adultery. Make restitution! Have you received payment for a contract you did not execute? Go and return the money! Have you been falsifying records and stealing money through that? Go and restitute. If you have tough cases, seek counseling from a pastor in a true Bible-believing church. Also, ask God to help you. If you really want to obey God, He will definitely make a way for you.

Key Point:
Salvation straightens your crooked paths with God, while restitution straightens your crooked path with men.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Ezra 4-6
Ezekiel 42:15-43:12

Re: Open Heavens Devotional 2017 by Howoheye: 10:03am On Sep 19, 2017

DATE: TUESDAY 19TH SEPTEMBER 2017

THEME: THE GROUND IS NOT FOR YOU

Memorise:
For a just man falleth seven times, and riseth up again: but the wicked shall fall into mischief. Proverbs 24:16

Read: Luke 22:31-34

22:31 And the Lord said, Simon, Simon, behold, Satan hath desired to have you, that he may sift you as wheat:

22:32 But I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not: and when thou art converted, strengthen thy brethren.

22:33 And he said unto him, Lord, I am ready to go with thee, both into prison, and to death.

22:34 And he said, I tell thee, Peter, the cock shall not crow this day, before that thou shalt thrice deny that thou knowest me.

It’s a fact of life that we are all susceptible to making mistakes. However, when we make mistakes, we must have the strength of character to admit our mistakes and also to resolve never to repeat them again (Proverb 28:13). A child learning to walk will stand up, take a step or two and fall down again. You will observe however that in spite of these falls, he or she does not give up trying. The child will repeatedly make attempts at walking, and in the process of time, that child will not only walk, he or she will also run, leap and jump, all without falling to the ground like before. Do not turn a mistake into your final destination. Can you believe that because some people made a mistake in their faith in Christ, they gave up the race entirely and decided to die there? That is most unfortunate! Some people cannot forgive themselves for their denying Jesus at a very crucial moment when their faith was tested, or for falling into a particular sin that they have been preaching against all along. Such people need to learn from the example of Apostle Peter, who thrice denied Christ. The Lord had to make him realize that it was not over yet. That same Peter was the one who later led the other disciples in defending their faith in Christ and in propagating the Good News of the gospel around the world.

“Rejoice not against me, O mine enemy: when I fall, I shall arise; when I sit in darkness, the Lord shall be a light unto me.” Micah 7:8

One lesson from this scripture is that the fact that you slipped and fell does not mean that the enemy has won the battle over your life. He hasn’t. It also says that there is the possibility of a comeback. From where you fell, you shall arise in Jesus’ Name. Your rise shall be more formidable! You may say that your case is a bad one because you have fallen so many times and you therefore concluded that it was better to stop trying. Oh, how wrong you are! Proverb 24:16 says it is possible for the righteous man to fall seven times and still rise. To fall seven times simply refers to the possibility of falling to a point of experiencing what most people will call the final or ultimate fall. Yet, even at that, if you are a child of God, the Lord says that you should not give up hope. Make another attempt at reconciling with the Lord, confess your weakness to Him, and ask for His help. He will lift you up and He will sustain you afterwards. So are you still on the floor? Arise now!

Key Point:
Falling and rising in the Christian faith does not make you a failure; it only shows that you are at the babyhood stage of maturity and would need to trust Jesus Christ the more.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Ezra 7-8
Ezekiel 43:13-27

HYMN 4: THROUGH THE LOVE OF GOD OUR SAVIOUR

1 Through the love of God our Saviour,
All will be well;
Free and changeless is His favour,
All, all is well.
Precious is the blood that healed us,
Perfect is the grace that sealed us,
Strong the hand stretched forth to shield us,
All must be well.

2 Though we pass through tribulation,
All will be well.
Ours is such a full salvation,
All, all is well.
Happy still in God confiding;
Fruitful if in Christ abiding;
Steadfast through the Spirit's guiding:
All must be well.

3 We expect a bright tomorrow;
All will be well.
Faith can sing through days of sorrow,
All, all is well.
On our Father's love relying,
Jesus every need supplying;
Or in living or in dying;
All must be well.
Re: Open Heavens Devotional 2017 by Howoheye: 6:47am On Sep 20, 2017
OPEN HEAVEN DAILY DEVOTIONAL 2017

Wednesday September 20, 2017

GIVE FIRST

Memorise : I will sing unto the Lord, because he hath dealt
bountifully with me.- Psalm 13:6

Read: 1 Chronicles 16:2-3, Acts 20:35

16:2 And when David had made an end of offering the burnt offerings and the peace offerings, he
blessed the people in the name of the Lord.

16:3 And he dealt to every one of Israel, both man and woman, to every one a loaf of bread, and a good piece of flesh, and a flagon of wine.

Acts 20:35 I have shewed you all things, how that so labouring ye ought to support the weak, and to
remember the words of the Lord Jesus, how he said, It is more blessed to give than to receive.

Generous divine provision is the benefit of those in
the sheepfold of the Great Shepherd. God prepare a table of abundance for His sheep (Psalm 23:5).

No wonder David in Psalm 13:6 said:

“I will sing unto the Lord, because he hath dealt bountifully with me.”

This scripture is a personal testimony of David. After God had blessed him beyond measure, he began to testify of God’s goodness through songs.

If you carefully study the life of David, you will discover that the secret of his prosperity lay in the
principles he lived by. One of such principles is demonstrated in today’s Bible reading: he believed giving to be the key to receiving. Can you imagine a man giving a loaf of bread to every citizen of a
country? This was what David did, and he even gave much more! We often wonder why most of us are not flowing in God’s abundance, even though God has resources to cater for more than we could
ever need. One likely reason for this is that we do not strictly follow divine financial principles. Jesus,
in Luke 6:38, said:

“Give, and it shall be given unto you; good
measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For
with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again.”

Let us draw a few lessons from this. Firstly, if you ever want to receive, it is your duty to first give. If you fail to sow, you would be deceiving yourself to expect a harvest. Many of us refuse to give, and
yet we continue to pray, fast and do all other things right. If you want to receive, first give. It is important to note that God will never owe anyone.

If you give, you will receive a harvest, no matter how long it takes, as long as the seed is not uprooted.

However, the way the harvest comes and when it will come are issues that may not be too clear to you. For instance, you may be expecting your
harvest for a particular seed in form of physical
cash, not knowing that God has already given it to you as a harvest of peace in the time of trouble, or as protection when the enemy came calling.

Sometimes, you cannot tell how the harvest of a given seed will come, although if you key into the Holy Spirit, He can sometimes reveal to you that a particular harvest you receive was from a particular
seed you sowed. Moreover, God who knows our needs should be given the freedom to determine
when and how our harvest should come. Just make sure that a lifestyle of giving and sowing seeds is an indelible part of you.

Do you give to His servants? Do you give to the needy? How often do you give?

ACTION POINT :
Giving is an act. Giving is also a spirit. Pray that God will give you the spirit of giving.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR :
Ezra 9-10;
Ezekiel 44:1-14

HYMN 10: THERE SHALL BE SHOWERS OF BLESSING

1. There shall be showers of blessing:
This is the promise of love;
Sent from the Saviour above.

Refrain:
Showers of blessing,
Showers of blessing we need:
Mercy-drops round us are falling,
But for the showers we plead.

2. There shall be showers of blessing,
Precious reviving again;
Over the hills and the valleys,
Sound of abundance of rain.

Refrain:

3. There shall be showers of blessing;
Send them upon us, O Lord;
Grant to us now a refreshing,
Come, and now honour Thy Word.

Refrain:

4. There shall be showers of blessing:
Oh, that today they might fall,
Now as to God we’re confessing,
Now as on Jesus we call!

Refrain:

5. There shall be showers of blessing,
If we but trust and obey;
If we let God have His way.

Refrain:
Re: Open Heavens Devotional 2017 by Howoheye: 6:43am On Sep 21, 2017

DATE: THURSDAY 21ST SEPTEMBER 2017

THEME: ABBA, FATHER

Memorise:
And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father. Galatians 4:6

Read: Romans 8:14-16

8:14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

8:15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.

8:16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:

In the Lord’s Prayer, Jesus taught us to pray by approaching God as our Father. He said

“After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.” Matthew 6:9

Why did He not say “Our God”, “Our Maker” or “Our Deliverer”? It is because God wants us to have a definite, personal relationship with Him. Of all the relationships we could possibly have with God, the father-son relationship is one of the greatest. In Mark 14:36, when the Lord Jesus was facing His greatest challenge - dying on the cross of Calvary - He addressed God as “Abba, Father”, which in other words is “My Daddy”. This level of closeness with God is not exclusive to Jesus Christ alone. Romans 8:15 says,

“For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.”

If you compare this scripture with Galatians 4:6, you will realize that both the Holy spirit and our Lord Jesus Christ have made it possible for us to share the same kind of closeness with the Father that Jesus had. Therefore, we too can unashamedly call God, “My daddy”. If only you know how God longs to have such intimacy with you!

Intimacy with God is something you cannot do without if you are to fulfill God’s plan for your life. There is a time of need that everyone will face, which will require each of us to draw on our relationship with God. Those who have God as their creator will approach Him as “My Creator”, while those who serve Him will approach Him as “My God”. In such times, those who are intimate with Him will call Him “My Daddy”. You can be sure that one carries more weight that the others. How would you want to approach God? Would you want to approach Him as a distant Creator, as God of the universe or as your personal Father? The choice is yours. When you develop a good relationship with God, He will indeed be a father to you by acting as the fountain from which you came forth (Genesis 2:7). David understood this and he experienced a very intimate level of closeness with God. This is the reason why in Psalm 23, he could testify of enjoying that which a father provides: food, sleep, water, protection, guidance, security, goodness and mercy. These all will be yours today in Jesus’ Name! Do everything possible to build your intimacy with God!

Prayer Point:
Father, draw me close to You like never before.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Nehemiah 1-3
Ezekiel 44:15-27

HYMN 6: DEEPER, DEEPER

Daily let me go;
More of grace to know.

Refrain:
Oh, deeper yet, I pray,
And higher every day,
And wiser, blessed Lord,

Take me deeper still,
And His perfect will.
[Refrain]

Deeper let me go!
Let me fruitful grow.
[Refrain]

Till all conflict past,
Perfected at last.
[Refrain]

Holy faith and true;
Let me peace pursue.
[Refrain]
Re: Open Heavens Devotional 2017 by Howoheye: 7:10am On Sep 22, 2017

DATE: FRIDAY 22ND SEPTEMBER 2017

THEME: WHEN YOU ARE BLESSED

Memorise:
By faith Isaac blessed Jacob and Esau concerning things to come. Hebrews 11:20

Read: Genesis 27:20-29

27:20 And Isaac said unto his son, How is it that thou hast found it so quickly, my son? And he said, Because the Lord thy God brought it to me.

27:21 And Isaac said unto Jacob, Come near, I pray thee, that I may feel thee, my son, whether thou be my very son Esau or not.

27:22 And Jacob went near unto Isaac his father; and he felt him, and said, The voice is Jacob's voice, but the hands are the hands of Esau.

27:23 And he discerned him not, because his hands were hairy, as his brother Esau's hands: so he blessed him.

27:24 And he said, Art thou my very son Esau? And he said, I am.

27:25 And he said, Bring it near to me, and I will eat of my son's venison, that my soul may bless thee. And he brought it near to him, and he did eat: and he brought him wine and he drank.

27:26 And his father Isaac said unto him, Come near now, and kiss me, my son.

27:27 And he came near, and kissed him: and he smelled the smell of his raiment, and blessed him, and said, See, the smell of my son is as the smell of a field which the Lord hath blessed:

27:28 Therefore God give thee of the dew of heaven, and the fatness of the earth, and plenty of corn and wine:

27:29 Let people serve thee, and nations bow down to thee: be lord over thy brethren, and let thy mother's sons bow down to thee: cursed be every one that curseth thee, and blessed be he that blesseth thee.

A blessing is an invitation to all the forces in Heaven, on earth and underneath the earth to cooperate with an individual and assist him or her to succeed. When Isaac pronounced a blessing on Jacob in today’s Bible reading, he summoned the dew of heaven, the land and all the forces on earth to be of assistance to Jacob. As a result of this blessing, Jacob became exceedingly great. Hear what Genesis 30:43 says about his greatness:

“ And the man increased exceedingly, and had much cattle, and maidservants, and menservants, and camels, and asses.”

How about his brother Esau? Genesis 27:38-40 says after Jacob had stolen the cream of the blessing from him. Esau came to ask for the remnant. What was the result of this “remnant”? From Genesis 32:3-6, we understand that this remnant got him so blessed that he could afford to retain the services of 400 personal bodyguards. If you become so rich that you require 400 men to go with you wherever you go, that is something remarkable. I can recall the first time a president visited us at the Redemption Camp; he came with an entourage of 250 people. So imagine how blessed Esau was for him to have had 400 people in his entourage! I believe he was really blessed.

Moreover, let me add here that after a blessing is pronounced on you, it may not be obvious how the blessing will be fulfilled. Most times, it may not even make sense. You may not even be able to afford a bicycle now, and a blessing may be pronounced on you that a time will come when you will need a Boeing 747 to airlift those who will accompany you whenever you are travelling. It may not make sense to you, but that is what a blessing can do. I often say that I am where I am today by the grace of God and by the blessings of my mother. Any time I did something that pleased her, she would bless me. She would say, “You this boy, you will call one person, and two hundred people will respond.” I didn’t know what she meant back then, and I didn’t know how it would happen, but I always said “Amen”. Today, by the grace of God, I can say this has become reality. Have you provoked the blessing of your biological parents? Have you provoked the blessing of your spiritual parents? Most importantly, have you provoked a blessing from God?

Action Point:
When a blessing is pronounced on you, simply sustain a conducive atmosphere for its fulfillment, and it will surely come to pass.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Nehemiah 4-6
Ezekiel 44:28-45:9

HYMN 14: TAKE MY LIFE

Re: Open Heavens Devotional 2017 by Howoheye: 6:19am On Sep 23, 2017
OPEN HEAVEN DAILY DEVOTIONAL 2017

Saturday September 23, 2017

RESISTING GOD?         

Memorise : Do we provoke the Lord to jealousy? are we stronger than he? - 1 Corinthians 10:22

Read: 1 Corinthians 10:21-23

10:21 Ye cannot drink the cup of the Lord, and the cup of devils: ye cannot be partakers of the Lord's table, and of the table of devils.

10:22 Do we provoke the Lord to jealousy? are we stronger than he?

10:23 All things are lawful for me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but all things edify not.

Colossian 1:16 tells us that all visible and invisible things were created by God and for God. You were created to make God happy by following His will, plan and purpose for your life. However, when you take the path of self-government and go contrary to the purpose for which you were created, that is rebellion. Lucifer and several angels decided to walk out of God’s original plan, and they became who we now refer to as Satan and demons (Isaiah 14:12-16, Revelation 12:7-9).

Anyone who follows self-government today will also end up where the devil and his demons are. The truth is, if you fail God, you fail yourself. Therefore, pleasing God is the real path to true self-fulfillment, lasting peace and joy. I tell you the truth, living on earth without conforming to God’s original blueprint for your life makes you waste that life. Without God, life is not worth living.

“No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.” 2 Timothy 2:4

We are not here on earth by our power or design. We were created and placed here to satisfy God’s eternal plan and purpose for our lives. Even when Jesus was here, in all that He did, He did not try to please Himself but His Father (John 8:29, John 5:30). Now that He has chosen us to be His soldiers, we cannot afford to please ourselves. When He gives us an assignment, we must do it exactly as He wants it done, or risk going against Him. In 1 Samuel 15, King Saul was given an assignment by God to go and utterly wipe out the Amalekites. He went out to fulfill it but made slight changes to the instructions. In the end, he failed God and failed himself. He lost his kingdom because he could not totally comply with God’s will.

Today, for this same reason, many people are close to completely losing their place in God’s divine plan. A king who resisted God had to go on a seven-year trip into insanity, and he lost his throne for that period (Daniel 4). Similarly, another king who said that God’s word should not be heard was eaten alive by worms (Acts 12:1-24).

If these great kings could not resist or withstand God, do you think you can? If you are wise, you will totally submit to His will today. God has a problem with the so-called obedience of a good number of His children. Although He is speaking to them, they are not listening to Him; rather they are more interested in hearing themselves. Hence, He has almost grounded them in all areas. Thinking it’s the devil at fault, such people are wrongly praying against agents of darkness.

It is time to do nothing short of God’s total will in all your ways!

KEY POINT :
Those who resist God are fighting a battle they can never win.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR :
Nehemiah 7-8;
Ezekiel 45:10-25

HYMN 6:  THROUGH THE LOVE OF GOD OUR SAVIOR

1. Through the love of God our Saviour,
All will be well;
Free and changeless is His favour,
All, all is well:
Precious is the blood that healed us;
Perfect is the grace that sealed us;
Strong the hand stretched
forth to shield us;
All must be well.

2. Though we pass through tribulation,
All will be well;
Christ hath purchased full salvation,
All, all is well:
Happy still in God confiding;
Fruitful, if in Christ abiding;
Holy, through the Spirit's guiding;
All must be well.

3. We expect a bright tomorrow;
All will be well;
Faith can sing through days of sorrow,
All, all is well:
On our Father's love relying,
Jesus every need supplying,
Then in living or in dying,
All must be well.
Re: Open Heavens Devotional 2017 by Howoheye: 6:08am On Sep 25, 2017
OPEN HEAVENS DEVOTIONAL.

DATE: MONDAY 25TH SEPTEMBER 2017

THEME: NO SKIPPING DETAILS

Memorise:

For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little: Isaiah 28:10

Read: 2 Kings 4:1-7

4:1 Now there cried a certain woman of the wives of the sons of the prophets unto Elisha, saying, Thy servant my husband is dead; and thou knowest that thy servant did fear the Lord: and the creditor is come to take unto him my two sons to be bondmen.

4:2 And Elisha said unto her, What shall I do for thee? tell me, what hast thou in the house? And she said, Thine handmaid hath not any thing in the house, save a pot of oil.

4:3 Then he said, Go, borrow thee vessels abroad of all thy neighbours, even empty vessels; borrow not a few.

4:4 And when thou art come in, thou shalt shut the door upon thee and upon thy sons, and shalt pour out into all those vessels, and thou shalt set aside that which is full.

4:5 So she went from him, and shut the door upon her and upon her sons, who brought the vessels to her; and she poured out.

4:6 And it came to pass, when the vessels were full, that she said unto her son, Bring me yet a vessel. And he said unto her, There is not a vessel more. And the oil stayed.

4:7 Then she came and told the man of God. And he said, Go, sell the oil, and pay thy debt, and live thou and thy children of the rest.

To avoid financial storm, you need to be careful note all the elements of a divine instruction. God is a God of details. When He gives you a recipe to solve a particular problem, He expects you to leave no details out. In today’s Bible reading, to solve the serious debt problem of the widow of the prophet, Elisha asked her to borrow vessels from all her neighbors, shut the door behind her and pour out her remaining pot of oil into all available vessels. If she had altered the any element of this instruction, it would definitely have affected the result she got. Some people received certain divine instructions and thereafter determine which to obey and which to discard. No! all the details must be observe! Do you know that if the widow had borrowed the vessels but refused to shut her door, the oil would not have flowed?

Beloved, always pay close attention to whatever instructions you receive from God. When it comes to sowing for instance, 2 Corinthians 9:6-7 says,

“But this I say, He which soweth sparingly shall reap also sparingly; and he which soweth bountifully shall reap also bountifully.Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, so let him give; not grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loveth a cheerful giver.”

From the details of this scripture, it is not just sowing that will get you your expected returns, but rather sowing bountifully and cheerfully. Today, many people have chosen to forget these details on sowing, and this accounts for the financial storms in their lives. On tithing, it is not enough to tithe, but to bring in all the tithes. After completing my PhD research, I recalled I still had part of my research grant with the university. So I went to my Head of department (HoD) adding to draw out of it to bind my thesis. He refused to release it to me, and when I insisted, he sent me out of his office. With no other funds available, I wondered how to get the money is needed. A little past midnight, someone came knocking on my door. He said he could not sleep, and so he came to return the money I had loaned him five years earlier. Although I had forgotten this money, God had not. He paid me the exact amount I needed. After binding the thesis, I was scared, wondering if my HoD would accept it and give me a good score. So on the following Sunday, I paid my tithe, and on Monday, when I submitted my thesis to him, he was impressed and offered to personally take it to the external examiner. He also waited on the examiner until he finished his job in three days instead of six months. After this, my PhD grant was paid, and it became useful pocket money for me. You cannot tell the extent God will go to satisfy those who are totally obedient.

Action Point:

Ask God to lead our youths aright in their choice of life partner.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:

Nehemiah 10-11 and Exodus 46:13-24

HYMN 14: TAKE MY LIFE

Re: Open Heavens Devotional 2017 by Howoheye: 1:06am On Sep 26, 2017
OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL...

DATE: TUESDAY 26TH SEPTEMBER 2017

THEME: BECAUSE HE IS BIG

Memorise:

For he that is mighty hath done to me great things; and holy is his name. Luke 1:49

Read: Luke 1:46-52

1:46 And Mary said, My soul doth magnify the Lord,

1:47 And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour.

1:48 For he hath regarded the low estate of his handmaiden: for, behold, from henceforth all generations shall call me blessed.

1:49 For he that is mighty hath done to me great things; and holy is his name.

1:50 And his mercy is on them that fear him from generation to generation.

1:51 He hath shewed strength with his arm; he hath scattered the proud in the imagination of their hearts.

1:52 He hath put down the mighty from their seats, and exalted them of low degree.

Our God is a great and big God. In terms of size, He is so massive. Imagine that He sits on His throne in the third heavens and His feet still touches the earth (Isaiah 66:1). Due to the fact that our God is so big, He does great and big things. In Genesis 1:20-22, when He said the waters should bring forth living creatures, the oceans were soon filled with all manners of fish and sea creatures. All He has to do is to say “Let there be”, and it will come to pass. The lord will do great and mighty things in your life this season in Jesus’ mighty Name! doing great and mighty things is His specialty. No wonder in Jeremiah 33:3, He said:

“Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and show thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not.”

When he met a young, ordinary and unknown virgin and He picked her for His great purpose, she was overwhelmed and had this to say:

“For he that is mighty hath done to me great things; and holy is his name.” Luke 1:49

In the mighty Name of Jesus, the Lord shall pick and use you for His great and mighty works to demonstrate his Almightiness!

In Genesis 1:28 “Be fruitful, and multiply”. When He says “multiple”, He really means it. During creation, when He spoke that command, it was just Adam and eve, but today, the world has several billions of people in it. Also, when Israel came into Egypt in Exodus 1:5, they were just 70 people, but by the time they were leaving, there were 600,000 men besides woman, who would not have been less than 800,000, and children, who would have been at least 1,000,000 (Exodus 12:37). They kept multiplying in accordance to God’s word, in spite of all that the government of Egypt did to drastically reduce their numbers. From today, no matter what the enemy does to stop your increase, God’s word on increase will continue to thrive in your life! In addition to being a big God, He does big things. His purpose for your life is therefore big. Are you small, little, unknown and a local champion? Because your God is big, you cannot remain small. His size will definitely affect and transform your size. In the Name of Jesus Christ, you are breaking out of every barrier and limitation! You are coming out of every box of limitation that both you and others have enclosed you in! you shall be great, and you shall achieve great things for God’s Name, far beyond your dreams!

Key Point:

God cannot be big and you remain small. Your vision should reflect the size of your God.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:

Nehemiah 12-13

Ezekiel 47:1-12

HYMN 3: HOW GREAT THOU ART

O Lord my God, when I in awesome wonder,

Refrain:

Then sings my soul, my Savior God, to Thee,
Then sings my soul, My Savior God, to Thee,

When through the woods, and forest glades I wander,

Refrain:

And when I think, that God, His Son not sparing;

Refrain:

When Christ shall come, with shout of acclamation,

Refrain:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

3 Unbelievable Things You Can Do As A Christian / 2019 Intercessory Prayer Guidelines - Winners Prayer Points 2019 / Why Delay Could Be Very Dangerous

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 359
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.