Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,828 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:45 AM

23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures (152905 Views)

Onitsha Ofala Festival Of Obi Of Onitsha Kicks Off- PICTURES / "I Am The Igwe And Obi Of Yorubaland" - Abdulrasheed Akanbi, The Oluwo Of Iwo / Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna Got A Jeep As A Gift. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (74) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by toprealman: 2:46pm On Jan 01, 2017
Guy man king....comot your golden necklace abeg.
Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by Nobody: 2:53pm On Jan 01, 2017
AkinPhysicist:
cool But Igbos say they don't have kings so what is this about? cool

there are kings in Igbo land but decentralised

it allows for checks and balances

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by AkinPhysicist: 2:55pm On Jan 01, 2017
carmag:

there are kings in Igbo lands but decentralised
it allows for checks and balances

cool not according to many Igbos who say "Igbos have no kings." cool
Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by smartiyke78: 2:59pm On Jan 01, 2017
Hpy New Year 2 all nairalanders. Prosprous & great year ahead 4 all!
Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by omooba969(m): 3:01pm On Jan 01, 2017
Okeikpu:
Igbo Amaka!

Amaka kó, uchendu ní.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by RedboneSmith(m): 3:02pm On Jan 01, 2017
AkinPhysicist:

The Egba also say, " Egba ko l'olu, gbogbo nwon ni nse bi Oba". Doesn't mean they don't have the Alake and all that.

The saying simply means that they don't give their leaders and rulers absolute power.

3 Likes

Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by omooba969(m): 3:05pm On Jan 01, 2017
AgentGoat:
Who be that girl sitting there?

Your gf. cool
Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by AkinPhysicist: 3:06pm On Jan 01, 2017
RedboneSmith:

The Egba also say, " Egba ko l'olu, gbogbo nwon ni nse bi Oba". Doesn't mean they don't have the Alake and all that.
The saying simply means that they don't give their leaders and rulers absolute power.

nse bi oba - means behave as kings NOT are kings (nse oba). However, Igbos say they have no kings. Its different.

1 Like

Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by AgentGoat: 3:08pm On Jan 01, 2017
omooba969:

Your gf. cool

Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by Nobody: 3:09pm On Jan 01, 2017
AkinPhysicist:

of course that literally means there is no a single empire that dictate for the entire igbos compare to other regions

it's democratic in nature (decentralised )

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by fippycbk(m): 3:10pm On Jan 01, 2017
AkinPhysicist:

nse bi oba - means behave as kings NOT are kings (nse oba). However, Igbos say they have no kings. Its different.

Igbos had no kings before the white man. There were Nzes, Ozors. These people formed something more like a senate. Not one man had absolute power.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by Deathslater: 3:11pm On Jan 01, 2017
shocked undecidedHis name sounds Igbo to me, i can see men wearing red caps, are they igbos too?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by CplusJason: 3:14pm On Jan 01, 2017
That's my King.

Long live the King

God bless Iseele-Uku my home town.

God bless Delta state.

cool

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by somegirl1: 3:14pm On Jan 01, 2017
martineinstein:
and one ipob will claim delta ibos are ibos..when we can clearly see Benin culture

Let's just pretend that his forename and surname are not Igbo.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by AkinPhysicist: 3:15pm On Jan 01, 2017
fippycbk:

Igbos had no kings before the white man. There were Nzes, Ozors. These people formed something more like a senate. Not one man had absolute power.
Exactly what I thought. Royalty is foreign to Igbo culture. It is a very recent development.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by olanshi: 3:16pm On Jan 01, 2017
Long live the King, may your reign brings peace and unity to your people and the people of Nigeria in general.

All hale the King.
Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by AkinPhysicist: 3:17pm On Jan 01, 2017
carmag:

of course that literally means there is no a single empire that dictate for the entire igbos compare to other regions
it's democratic in nature (decentralised )

cheesy no it means Igbos have no kings - so anybody that claims Igbo royalty is a fraud. cheesy

1 Like

Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by chibecan: 3:19pm On Jan 01, 2017
AkinPhysicist:

Exactly what I thought. Royalty is foreign to Igbo culture. It is a very recent development.
Do little research about Eze NRI. The throne is older than many non Igbo throne around Nigeria. There are few monarchies in Igboland anyway

2 Likes

Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by chibecan: 3:22pm On Jan 01, 2017
fippycbk:

Do little research about Eze NRI. The throne is older than many non Igbo throne around Nigeria. There are few monarchies in Igboland anyway

3 Likes

Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by Nobody: 3:23pm On Jan 01, 2017
Congrat to him...I knew this guy back in my secondary school. He was once the head boy and I commend his great leadership skills so am not surprised he's their king
Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by Nobody: 3:24pm On Jan 01, 2017
AkinPhysicist:

cheesy no it means Igbos have no kings - so anybody that claims Igbo royalty is a fraud. cheesy

No kings in any region that puts food on other people's table so it's not worth bragging

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by masseratti: 3:26pm On Jan 01, 2017
BornStunner1:

THE BENIN PRINCES WHO WENT AWAY FROM THE BENIN EMPIRE DURING OBA OZOLUA'S RULE FOUNDED THE KINGDOMS IN DELTA AND THE OBI IN ONITCHA
okay but Why did they change their languages and names? kinda weird they should still be speaking and bearing edo names, how come their names and language were lost to another ethnic group.

1 Like

Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by Dindondin(m): 3:26pm On Jan 01, 2017
christejames:
He is young and already leading a society. How I wish our anachronistic leaders will take a leaf from him and allow the youth to man the affairs of this country.

Happy New Year, and congratulations to the new king, I pray the good Lord bestows him with wisdom; the 'solomonic wisdom'.
Same sentiment here.
Leadership of today don't agree with that.
See our political parties. All of them patronizing old men as aspirants
Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by AkinPhysicist: 3:27pm On Jan 01, 2017
carmag:

No kings in any region that puts food on other people's table so it's not worth bragging

cheesy no one is bragging here - just setting the record straight cheesy
Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by AkinPhysicist: 3:30pm On Jan 01, 2017
chibecan:
Igbos have no kings - this is a fact of Igbo culture. So the throne you talk about is questionable.

1 Like

Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by Nobody: 3:30pm On Jan 01, 2017
chibecan:

Igbo enwe eze

..so his kingship is limited in his home town

..by the way no body knows him in our side
Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by chabol(f): 3:33pm On Jan 01, 2017
Oye a mori oooo
Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by Nobody: 3:33pm On Jan 01, 2017
BornStunner1:

NICE SEEING THE SPREAD OF THE GREAT BENIN EMPIRE AND CULTURE ALL ROUND NIGERIA cool cool

LONG LIVE THE OBI........ MORE PROSPERITY TO ALL EDIOD KINGDOMS IN NIGERIA AND BEYOND!!

THE OBI WAS IN THE OBA OF BENINS PALACE LAST WEEK TO CONFIRM HIS LEGITIMACY

OBA GHA TO KPEHE Iseeeee!!!!

You can say that again. All the needless supremacy fights and arguments can only be seen on the social media, e.g NL. Everybody knows where they belong. On the 23rd of December (a few days ago) as I was driving out of the Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospital, I noticed something like siren, blowing behind me. As every vehicle was giving way, I had to follow suit. Guess what I saw, 2 SUVs with the Oba of Benin number plate affixed on each of the vehicles and somebody holding a staff of office inside each vehicle, in the convoy of 5 vehicles obviously coming from Benin to see the Ooni as they were heading towards his palace. I wounded down and shouted...Oba gha to kpehereeee, they all said iseeeee and zoomed past me. Tomorrow, some people here would be fighting unnecessarily over Ooni and Oba of Benin's supremacy as if their lives depend on it.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by teebillz: 3:34pm On Jan 01, 2017
Sotey they don give am one smally to take hold body.
Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by fippycbk(m): 3:35pm On Jan 01, 2017
AkinPhysicist:

Yes sir, it is foreign but not so recent. We did a documentation on one community in Owerri once, that was my 3rd year as a student of Architecture. The chief priest gave us first hand information on how a white man crowned their first king, that was the early 20th century.
In some places kings are even elected.‎
Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by BornStunner1: 3:43pm On Jan 01, 2017
awelekiti:
You can say that again. All the needless supremacy fights and arguments can only be seen on the social media, e.g NL. Everybody knows where they belong. On the 23rd of December (a few days ago) as I was driving out of the Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospital, I noticed something like siren, blowing behind me. As every vehicle was giving way, I had to follow suit. Guess what I saw, 2 SUVs with the Oba of Benin number plate affixed on each of the vehicles and somebody holding a staff of office inside each vehicle, in the convoy of 5 vehicles obviously coming from Benin to see the Ooni as they were heading towards his palace. I wounded down and shouted...Oba gha to kpehereeee, they all said iseeeee and zoomed past me. Tomorrow, some people here would be fighting unnecessarily over Ooni and Oba of Benin's supremacy as if their lives depend on it.

Lol after writing this bunch of lies did your stomach get fed?

The Oba of Benin can never leave his palace talkless of leaving his palace to go and see a junior king like the ooni of ife

Better luck lying next time!! angry

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by BornStunner1: 3:47pm On Jan 01, 2017
masseratti:
okay but Why did they change their languages and names? kinda weird they should still be speaking and bearing edo names, how come their names and language were lost to another ethnic group.

Because the benins unlike the yorubas never saw the need to force their language down the throat of thier subjects!!

The benin Empire allowed her subjects keep a measure of thier identity as long as tributes where paid to the center of the Empire which is benin

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (74) (Reply)

10 Beautiful African Traditional Wedding Attires / A Short History Of Yorubaland With Pictures / Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.