Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,274 members, 7,807,927 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:57 PM

Few Negative Attitudes That Can Hinder Christians From The Moves Of God In 2017 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Few Negative Attitudes That Can Hinder Christians From The Moves Of God In 2017 (2662 Views)

Your Untamed Sexual Desires Can Hinder Your Miracles / China Bans Christians From All Church Activities / There Is Satanic Agenda To Eliminate Christians From Nigeria –paul Enenche (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Few Negative Attitudes That Can Hinder Christians From The Moves Of God In 2017 by annyplenty(m): 2:31pm On Jan 01, 2017
FEW NEGATIVE ATTITUDES TO GET RID OFF NOT TO MISS THE MOVES OF GOD IN 2017

INTRODUCTION
For any new year that is ushered in, God always has agendas He has set out to achieve in people, churches and nations for that year, just as each individual also has agendas he also has set out to achieve for the new the year. The agendas of God for the New Year can be referred to as His moves for that New Year.

There are basic two ways to key ourselves into God's moves for any New Year. They are by

1.By Positioning Yourself for that Move of God. This was talked about in January 2016.

2. By Getting Rid of Anything that can hinder you for that move. Some of these behaviours will be highlighted.

FEW NEGATIVE ATTITUDES TO GET RID OFF ARE LISTED BELOW
Some of the attitudes believers must get rid include the following. I have observed that many believers don’t particularly pay attention to many of these characters. Many believers display them freely but they have great spiritual negatively implications. I pray that God will minister to us Himself.

1. INGRATITUDE
Many believers don’t show gratitude. Showing gratitude is not an option, it should be a way of life for them. Show gratitude to God for all things at all times. Show gratitude to people. Show gratitude to your family and other people. Even show gratitude to your children if they accomplish a task for you. Showing gratitude will help us not to miss out on the moves of God for this year.

2. SWEARING
Mathew 5:34,37
34 But I say unto you, Swear not at all; neither by heaven; for it is God’s throne:
37 But let your communication be, Yea, yea; Nay, nay: for whatsoever is more than these cometh of evil.

Speak the truth at all times. Stop swearing to get people to believe you. I have corrected a few believers for swearing. Some Christians even swear by saying Wallahi (a popular word muslims swear with). I have corrected a few. Do not swear to prove any point.

3. JOINING THE BAND WAGON
Christians are not supposed to be following the crowd because it is not the crowd that is going to heaven. It gives me a concern when you see Christians rush to play sport betting, do MMM, go about shouting up Chelsea or calling themselves the ‘red devil’ after a manchester United match. Many Christians suddenly became MMM evangelists and yet they never preached the Gospel of Jesus to anyone. When you see people rush into anything without a restraint, wait a bit, take caution, look at that thing critically, examine it with the Word of God. As a confirmation, you can even pray for a confirmation before you make a move. The road to heaven is still narrow.

4. COMEDY/JESTING
Ephesians 5:3-4
3 But fornication, and all uncleanness, or covetousness, let it not be once named among you, as becometh saints;
4 Neither filthiness, nor foolish talking, nor jesting, which are not convenient: but rather giving of thanks.
Most of the comedies that many believers listen to are blasphemous in contents. Yet, believers sit down and begin to laugh. This is sheer evil and must be stopped.

Also, it is an evil thing to bring comedians and jesters to the house of God to come and crack jokes. They blaspheme the name of God, Word of God, Blood of Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit and even tell lies in other to make people laugh in church. And the ignorant pastor and the congregations will be laughing boisterously. They trivialize salvation.

This is evil and sinful. Separate from it even if others are doing it. Key yourself into the moves of God.

5. USING THE NAME OF GOD IN VAIN
Exodus 20:7
7 Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain; for the LORD will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.

Don’t use the name of God for exclamations. Many young Christian men will see girls they are lusting after, on the road and shout ‘Jesus’! Please stop all these. Don’t speak in tongues for fun or for vain purposes. Some young men will be toasting girls and will still be using ‘tongues’. These are not to be. Stop them this year, 2017. When something amuses don’t shout ‘the blood of God’ or ‘the blood of Jesus’ to laugh it off.

6. SEXUAL LUSTS
Many Christians are constantly in sexual lustunknowingly even to the person next to the them. Lust is a secret sin. Many people cannot even say it out they sre struggling with lust. Lust can hinder your prayers and even you from the moves of God.
OVERCOMING SEXUAL LUST is being treated in detail here.

7. EATING FOODS SACRIFICED TO IDOLS/DEVILS
1 Corinthians 10:20
But I say, that the things which the Gentiles sacrifice, they sacrifice to devils, and not to God: and I would not that ye should have fellowship with devils.

It is absolutely unbiblical for Christians to eat animals and foods used for non-Christians festivals based on the scripture above. In fact, God has put a stop to ALL animal sacrifice after the death of Jesus. When believers now go about eating rams and other food items sacrificed by adherents of other faithful, then there is spiritual crisis. You cannot eat from the table of the Lord and of the enemy at the same time

The Lord, Jesus Christ, after His death, resurrection and ascension visited Apostle John and told John to rebuke the Church at Pergamos for eating things sacrificed to idols.

Revelation 2:20
20 Notwithstanding I have a few things against thee, because thou sufferest that woman Jezebel, which calleth herself a prophetess, to teach and to seduce my servants to commit fornication, and to eat things sacrificed unto idols.

It broke my heart to read in the media in the year, 2016, that some Nigerian Christian leaders even broke the popular 30-day non-Christian fast with a governor in Northern Nigerian – selling their destinies like Adam/Eve on one hand and Esau on the other hand.

8. All things the Holy Spirit has been talking to you to address
Apart from a few things listed above, please listen to the Voice of the Holy Spirit. Whatever He has been talking to you to correct in your life, quickly correct it. Don’t tarry. Pray that God should help you in your area of weakness.

I pray that you will not miss out on the Moves of God in Jesus name.

Thank you.

JESUS is coming. Stay prepared in absolute Repentance, Righteousness and Holiness.

I WISH YOU A HAPPY AND PROSPEROUS YEAR, 2017.

JESUScoming

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Few Negative Attitudes That Can Hinder Christians From The Moves Of God In 2017 by annyplenty(m): 8:38pm On Jan 02, 2017
Be a better person this year and stay ready for the coming of the Lord at all times.
Re: Few Negative Attitudes That Can Hinder Christians From The Moves Of God In 2017 by annyplenty(m): 9:56pm On Jan 02, 2017
WORDLY SONGS AND DANCE STEPS
1 Corinthians 10:31
31 Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God.

Most worldly songs directly glorify satan and blasphemes God. When you listen to those songs and dance those evil dance steps, you are joining the singer in glorifying satan and blaspheming God at the same time. You are guilty of the same offence.

This is even worse when you sing these worldly songs or those dance steps in the church. You are directly polluting the altar of God in that church. These are some of the reasons for unanswered prayers and hindrance of the move of God in the church of Christ, today.

For more information about evils of worldly songs, please click here.

1 Like

Re: Few Negative Attitudes That Can Hinder Christians From The Moves Of God In 2017 by sandyd: 4:21am On Jan 03, 2017
Thanks all points well noted. The grace to be alert is needed. Remain blessed.
Re: Few Negative Attitudes That Can Hinder Christians From The Moves Of God In 2017 by annyplenty(m): 8:20pm On Jan 03, 2017
sandyd:
Thanks all points well noted. The grace to be alert is needed. Remain blessed.

Remain blessed as well.
Re: Few Negative Attitudes That Can Hinder Christians From The Moves Of God In 2017 by Omudia11: 10:13am On Jan 17, 2017
Hello annyplenty
Re: Few Negative Attitudes That Can Hinder Christians From The Moves Of God In 2017 by annyplenty(m): 1:56pm On Jan 18, 2017
Omudia11:
Hello annyplenty

i am fine. thank you.
Re: Few Negative Attitudes That Can Hinder Christians From The Moves Of God In 2017 by Omudia11: 5:08pm On Jan 18, 2017
There's something I need to talk you about. How can I reach you?
annyplenty:

i am fine. thank you.
Re: Few Negative Attitudes That Can Hinder Christians From The Moves Of God In 2017 by annyplenty(m): 5:15pm On Jan 18, 2017
Omudia11:
There's something I need to talk you about. How can I reach you?

pls send me email at jesuscoming@yahoo.com or raptureglorious@gmail.com
Re: Few Negative Attitudes That Can Hinder Christians From The Moves Of God In 2017 by Omudia11: 8:57pm On Jan 18, 2017
I have sent you a mail. Do check and get back to me pls. Thanks.
annyplenty:

pls send me email at jesuscoming@yahoo.com or raptureglorious@gmail.com
Re: Few Negative Attitudes That Can Hinder Christians From The Moves Of God In 2017 by annyplenty(m): 7:11pm On Jan 19, 2017
Omudia11:
I have sent you a mail. Do check and get back to me pls. Thanks.

I have replied you.
Re: Few Negative Attitudes That Can Hinder Christians From The Moves Of God In 2017 by annyplenty(m): 6:40pm On Mar 08, 2017
CHRISTIANS SHOULD STOP SAYING 'TO HELL WITH YOU'

When a christian or any other person says this phrase, irrespective of whom the phrase is directed to, you are wishing hell for that person. In other words, if that person ends in hell, it will be a lost for the kingdom of God.
Re: Few Negative Attitudes That Can Hinder Christians From The Moves Of God In 2017 by annyplenty(m): 11:13am On Aug 11, 2017
Do a self-appraisal of your christian journey. Are you better now?
Re: Few Negative Attitudes That Can Hinder Christians From The Moves Of God In 2017 by FaithfulServant(m): 5:07pm On Aug 11, 2017
Thank you annyplenty.

Please what is the best and most effective study techniques, study location and suitable environment, daily time management?
Re: Few Negative Attitudes That Can Hinder Christians From The Moves Of God In 2017 by luvmijeje(f): 5:11pm On Aug 11, 2017
*nodding head*
Re: Few Negative Attitudes That Can Hinder Christians From The Moves Of God In 2017 by annyplenty(m): 5:15pm On Aug 11, 2017
FaithfulServant:
Thank you annyplenty.

So many things to learn about God and Christian living and sometimes I'm overwhelmed and I don't know where to start from. Even when I think I have known just enough, I discover I haven't even started. Just like rain that I try to fetch with my bare hands but only few drops I get and store.

Please what is the best and most effective study techniques, study location and suitable environment, daily time management because time seems to be too fast nowadays. It comes and goes like a breeze?

Thank you sir.Please permit me to answer this question later, may be tomorrow. I will reply again on your question
Re: Few Negative Attitudes That Can Hinder Christians From The Moves Of God In 2017 by FaithfulServant(m): 6:29pm On Aug 11, 2017
annyplenty:

Thank you sir.Please permit me to answer this question later, may be tomorrow. I will reply again on your question
All right, thanks and at your convenience
Re: Few Negative Attitudes That Can Hinder Christians From The Moves Of God In 2017 by annyplenty(m): 9:14pm On Oct 06, 2017
Turn away from lukewarmness and prepare for the return of the Messiah.
Re: Few Negative Attitudes That Can Hinder Christians From The Moves Of God In 2017 by annyplenty(m): 4:06pm On Jan 11, 2018
Pastors must stop bringing comedians to the church to crack jokes!
Re: Few Negative Attitudes That Can Hinder Christians From The Moves Of God In 2017 by Nobody: 4:14pm On Jan 11, 2018
oh really,

people can now stop God's hands in their lifes?
Re: Few Negative Attitudes That Can Hinder Christians From The Moves Of God In 2017 by annyplenty(m): 8:59am On Jan 12, 2018
Ferisidowu:
oh really,

people can now stop God's hands in their lifes?

Yes! Really!
Re: Few Negative Attitudes That Can Hinder Christians From The Moves Of God In 2017 by Nobody: 2:08am On Jan 15, 2018
annyplenty:

Yes! Really!

Ehn how?
Re: Few Negative Attitudes That Can Hinder Christians From The Moves Of God In 2017 by annyplenty(m): 7:50pm On Mar 22, 2018
JESUS is coming. Stay ready in absolute repentance, righteousness and holiness.
Re: Few Negative Attitudes That Can Hinder Christians From The Moves Of God In 2017 by annyplenty(m): 11:23pm On Jun 20, 2018
The same goes for 2018.
Re: Few Negative Attitudes That Can Hinder Christians From The Moves Of God In 2017 by annyplenty(m): 5:29pm On Sep 04, 2018
Let others see Jesus in you.
Re: Few Negative Attitudes That Can Hinder Christians From The Moves Of God In 2017 by annyplenty(m): 10:48pm On Dec 12, 2018
what can hinder you for the moves of God in 2017 can also hinder you in 2019. Take caution and heed.
Re: Few Negative Attitudes That Can Hinder Christians From The Moves Of God In 2017 by Nobody: 9:26pm On Dec 24, 2018
telling lies with a straight shameless face
disobedience/stubbornness to God Almighty
living a double life; one part good, the other evil
Stealing other people's things/covetousness
Making friends/living with the enemy

these can hinder people from living happy lives
MAY GOD'S LOVE ABIDE IN US ALL, AMEN.
Re: Few Negative Attitudes That Can Hinder Christians From The Moves Of God In 2017 by annyplenty(m): 10:22am On Dec 27, 2018
Rebekkah:
telling lies with a straight shameless face

disobedience/stubbornness to God Almighty

living a double life; one part good, the other evil

Stealing other people's things/covetousness

Making friends/living with the enemy

these can hinder people from living happy lives

MAY GOD'S LOVE ABIDE IN US ALL, AMEN.

God bless you. Let us continue to hammer it.

1 Like

Re: Few Negative Attitudes That Can Hinder Christians From The Moves Of God In 2017 by annyplenty(m): 12:10pm On Mar 08, 2019
Do away with self-righteousness. Only God can proclaim a man justified
Re: Few Negative Attitudes That Can Hinder Christians From The Moves Of God In 2017 by annyplenty(m): 6:24am On May 02, 2019
take away the leaven from your life this year
Re: Few Negative Attitudes That Can Hinder Christians From The Moves Of God In 2017 by annyplenty(m): 11:04am On May 29, 2019
Focus on Him, the way Elisha focused on Elijah and obey His commandments and you will not miss His coming.
Re: Few Negative Attitudes That Can Hinder Christians From The Moves Of God In 2017 by annyplenty(m): 6:54am On Jul 19, 2019
Desist from negative confessions. It opens doors to unclean spirit and unwarranted attacks.

Christians should not be sayings statements like the followings

-1. See me. See trouble

-2. To hell with you and your......................

-3. I am the one that kill Jesus

and many more

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Christians Protest In Wukari Taraba State. / What It Takes To Be A Man Of God / Secret £14million Bible Unearthed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.