Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,307 members, 7,808,042 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:33 AM

Pastor E.A. Adeboye Celebrating New Year Service At RCCG Nat. Hqtrs (pix) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor E.A. Adeboye Celebrating New Year Service At RCCG Nat. Hqtrs (pix) (1180 Views)

Ruga: Eedris Abdulkareem Protests At RCCG Camp, Insists Adeboye Must Take Stand / Pastor Adeboye At RCCG Convention In 1987 (Throwback Photo) / Pastor Adeboye Ambushed At RCCG Holy Ghost Congress (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pastor E.A. Adeboye Celebrating New Year Service At RCCG Nat. Hqtrs (pix) by Omooba77: 8:17am On Jan 02, 2017
Pastor Enoch Adejare Adeboye the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God was at the National Headquarters, The Throne of Grace, Ebute-Metta to celebrate first Sunday of 2017.

Re: Pastor E.A. Adeboye Celebrating New Year Service At RCCG Nat. Hqtrs (pix) by Omooba77: 8:25am On Jan 02, 2017
More pictures..

Re: Pastor E.A. Adeboye Celebrating New Year Service At RCCG Nat. Hqtrs (pix) by oloriooko(m): 8:41am On Jan 02, 2017
Physically looking at this man humbles me!
This is a man leading millions of people yet simple humble and calm.
Happy new year Sir and I say amen to that prayer
Re: Pastor E.A. Adeboye Celebrating New Year Service At RCCG Nat. Hqtrs (pix) by Omooba77: 8:48am On Jan 02, 2017
oloriooko:

I have never met a Pastor like my Daddy G.O.; years ago I had opportunity of meeting him,he was almost bending as he shook my hands.
May God keep us all his children humble like him.
Re: Pastor E.A. Adeboye Celebrating New Year Service At RCCG Nat. Hqtrs (pix) by Boss13: 11:10am On Jan 02, 2017
oloriooko:

He has a calm demeanor. However, humility is what I don't agree with. Look at the third picture, a humble man will not allow people bow to him. He is not God.
Re: Pastor E.A. Adeboye Celebrating New Year Service At RCCG Nat. Hqtrs (pix) by oloriooko(m): 11:20am On Jan 02, 2017
Boss13:

He has a calm demeanor. However, humility is what I don't agree with. Look at the third picture, a humble man will not allow people bow to him. He is not God.
You are so funny @ bolded
Physical humility is one thing while humility on the inside is what God demands
People bowing to him is not an act of worship but respect and honour to a man honoured by God.
Bowing to my biological father has nothing to do with worship but utmost respect. Please get this right
Re: Pastor E.A. Adeboye Celebrating New Year Service At RCCG Nat. Hqtrs (pix) by Nobody: 11:22am On Jan 02, 2017
That which is highly esteemed among men is an abomination in the sight of God. “He said to them, “You are the ones who justify yourselves in the eyes of men, but God knows your hearts. What is highly valued among men is detestable in God's sight,” (Luke 16: 15)
Re: Pastor E.A. Adeboye Celebrating New Year Service At RCCG Nat. Hqtrs (pix) by Omooba77: 1:35pm On Jan 02, 2017
Boss13:

Elisha poured water on Elijah; even King called Elisah my father sir
Re: Pastor E.A. Adeboye Celebrating New Year Service At RCCG Nat. Hqtrs (pix) by Boss13: 1:41pm On Jan 02, 2017
oloriooko:

You are so funny @ bolded
Physical humility is one thing while humility on the inside is what God demands
People bowing to him is not an act of worship but respect and honour to a man honoured by God.
Bowing to my biological father has nothing to do with worship but utmost respect. Please get this right

Please stop this nonsense. If you tell me this is attributed to the Yoruba culture, I may take it with a pinch of salt. However, with the way he is being portrayed by his members, it appears he is close to deity and the picture depicts such. He can be respected as a leader of an organization, but when men of the same age as his fall on the floor too - then something is amiss
Re: Pastor E.A. Adeboye Celebrating New Year Service At RCCG Nat. Hqtrs (pix) by oloriooko(m): 2:41pm On Jan 02, 2017
Boss13:

Please stop this nonsense. If you tell me this is attributed to the Yoruba culture, I may take it with a pinch of salt. However, with the way he is being portrayed by his members, it appears he is close to deity and the picture depicts such. He can be respected as a leader of an organization, but when men of the same age as his fall on the floor too - then something is amiss
You just fussing about nothing
So in your mind it's only Yoruba that bows to shake hands Guy Yoruba prostrate not bow
FYI this man is in no way an arrogant man as you portray and he cannot go about shouting on people that bow to shake him.
Furthermore he is deity just as every child of God is
Re: Pastor E.A. Adeboye Celebrating New Year Service At RCCG Nat. Hqtrs (pix) by Boss13: 2:49pm On Jan 02, 2017
oloriooko:

You just fussing about nothing
So in your mind it's only Yoruba that bows to shake hands Guy Yoruba prostrate not bow
FYI this man is in no way an arrogant man as you portray and he cannot go about shouting on people that bow to shake him.
Furthermore he is deity just as every child of God is

Excuse me I didn't say he is arrogant. I made no such claims as I have never had any dealings with him. If you say Yoruba prostrate as we all know, that picture does not depict such but rather men bowing to someone they revered a lot.

I have no qualms with Adeboye but with people who make him feel so relevant
Re: Pastor E.A. Adeboye Celebrating New Year Service At RCCG Nat. Hqtrs (pix) by oloriooko(m): 3:25pm On Jan 02, 2017
Boss13:

Excuse me I didn't say he is arrogant. I made no such claims as I have never had any dealings with him. If you say Yoruba prostrate as we all know, that picture does not depict such but rather men bowing to someone they revered a lot.

I have no qualms with Adeboye but with people who make him feel so relevant
Unfortunately for you he's a very relevant man in this generation next time you ever privileged to meet him you can decide to float instead of bowing.
Stick this to your memory, bows are fine out of respect for the anointing on his life and if you think otherwise, deal with it.

(1) (Reply)

What Category Of Theism And Atheism Do You Belong? / LUTHER'S REVOLT AGAINST THE CATHOLIC CHURCH: WAS IT WORTH IT? / My Experience @ A Youth Programme Today(stupidity Nd Ignorance Of Youth Nowadays

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.