Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,493 members, 7,808,829 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:34 PM

One Thing I Noticed About IPOB; And Why I Think Gov. Wike Should Be Careful. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / One Thing I Noticed About IPOB; And Why I Think Gov. Wike Should Be Careful. (4532 Views)

Why Wike Should Rule Nigeria – Ben Nwabueze / There Is Something Funny I Have Noticed About A Particular Region On This Forum / Tell Me One Thing I Said That Is Not True – Lai Mohammed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

One Thing I Noticed About IPOB; And Why I Think Gov. Wike Should Be Careful. by pchukwudi: 9:46am On Jan 02, 2017
Here's the scripture: (Matthew 21:42-44 New Living Translation)

_________
42. Then Jesus asked them, “Didn’t you ever read this in the Scriptures?

‘The stone that the builders rejected
has now become the cornerstone.
This is the LORD’s doing,
and it is wonderful to see.’

43. I tell you, the Kingdom of God will be taken away from you and given to a nation that will produce the proper fruit.

44. Anyone who stumbles over that stone will be broken to pieces, and it will crush anyone it falls on."
_________

Of course, corelation does not imply causation, but I cannot help but notice that folks who had ever pitched their tents (in a significant scale) against IPOB had always experienced a significant diminishing outcome in their various domains.

- Rochas

- Obiano

- PMB

- ETC

Thus, I'd admonish Wike to ensure that his position on Nigeria's unity is indeed his true personal conviction and not a mere political rehtoric designed to slight IPOB in a bid to gain personal favor from the proponents of Nigeria's "non-negotiable unity".

And just as a headsup, a non-negotiable unity is no unity at all, but merely a platform for opression.

Many people believe that a forced unity is nothing but a vicious circle for anarchy and institutionalization of mutual suspicion.

It's probably time to collectively question our fetish for oneness which critics believe has not yielded satisfactory returns in 100 years inspite of all the efforts invested.

Insanity, they say, is doing the same thing repeatedly and yet expecting to see a different outcome.

Let's give the alternative a chance.

________
NOTE:

I'm not a member of IPOB.

And I am not in anyway authorized to speak for IPOB or anyone else on this matter. The above is entirely my opinion and observation.

13 Likes

Re: One Thing I Noticed About IPOB; And Why I Think Gov. Wike Should Be Careful. by pchukwudi: 9:54am On Jan 02, 2017
Of course you are entitled to your own opinions too.

So let's hear your views.

Go ahead.

What do you think about this matter?
Re: One Thing I Noticed About IPOB; And Why I Think Gov. Wike Should Be Careful. by Corrinthians(m): 10:03am On Jan 02, 2017
pchukwudi:
Of course you are entitled to your own opinions too.

So let's hear your views.

Go ahead.

What do you think about this matter?

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: One Thing I Noticed About IPOB; And Why I Think Gov. Wike Should Be Careful. by Corrinthians(m): 10:05am On Jan 02, 2017
pchukwudi:
Here's the scripture: (Matthew 21:42-44 New Living Translation)

_________
42. Then Jesus asked them, “Didn’t you ever read this in the Scriptures?

‘The stone that the builders rejected
has now become the cornerstone.
This is the LORD’s doing,
and it is wonderful to see.’

43. I tell you, the Kingdom of God will be taken away from you and given to a nation that will produce the proper fruit.

44. Anyone who stumbles over that stone will be broken to pieces, and it will crush anyone it falls on."
_________

Of course, corelation does not imply causation, but I cannot help but notice that folks who had ever pitched their tents (in a significant scale) against IPOB had always experienced a significant diminishing outcome in their various domains.

- Rochas

- Obiano

- PMB

- ETC

Thus, I'd admonish Wike to ensure that his position on Nigeria's unity is indeed his true personal conviction and not a mere political rehtoric designed to slight IPOB in a bid to gain personal favor from the proponents of Nigeria's "non-negotiable unity".

And just as a headsup, a non-negotiable unity is no unity at all, but merely a platform for opression.

Many people believe that a forced unity is nothing but a vicious circle for anarchy and institutionalization of mutual suspicion.

It's probably time to collectively question our fetish for oneness which critics believe has not yielded satisfactory returns in 100 years inspite of all the efforts invested.

Insanity, they say, is doing the same thing repeatedly and yet expecting to see a different outcome.

Let's give the alternative a chance.

________
NOTE:

I'm not a member of IPOB.

And I am not in anyway authorized to speak for IPOB or anyone else on this matter. The above is entirely my opinion and observation.
You are a pained ipob yoot. Wike has stated his opinion. Deal with it, ataché by force.

28 Likes 5 Shares

Re: One Thing I Noticed About IPOB; And Why I Think Gov. Wike Should Be Careful. by obidaddy: 10:06am On Jan 02, 2017
You guys in this country cant make any social political comment without dragging religion into it.

1 Like

Re: One Thing I Noticed About IPOB; And Why I Think Gov. Wike Should Be Careful. by victorvezx(m): 10:12am On Jan 02, 2017
Insanity is failing to get Biafra the first time and still doing the same thing now and expecting a different outcome with the same Nigerian government ur forefathers died fighting against. Biafra was defeated in 1967-1970 civil war and re-annexed back to Nigeria because it was always always a Nigerian territory because there was nothing like Biafra before Nigerian independence. So u people have no claim over any territory. Deal with it. And if u think Wike is just saying this for the media attention or spit Ipob, then u must be delusional. I wonder who u think Ipob is. He spoke for the Niger delta because he controls one of the state in the region there. He never mentioned south east. So stay on ur own and stop encroaching on another man territory. Ipob Land thieves. U must be really pained over his statement and u just had to create this thread to console yourself. Am still wondering why it's hard for u people to accept the fact that Niger delta wants nothing to do with Biafra because they know their worth. They are like eggs that needs to be pampered. When the time comes, they will get their desire. They are not doing the same thing and expecting different outcome like the visionless Ipob group, they are doing a different thing by fighting for resource control and true federalism which is very realistic and easier than breaking up of Nigeria. And one day, God willing, they will get it.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: One Thing I Noticed About IPOB; And Why I Think Gov. Wike Should Be Careful. by pchukwudi: 10:16am On Jan 02, 2017
Yea, you are very correct. So what's your irreligious comment on the matter? (Please ignore my religious observation).

obidaddy:
You guys in this country cant make any social political comment without dragging religion into it.

@MadamExcellency please say something. Don't just peep. And please call Zend, freezone01 and co grin

2 Likes

Re: One Thing I Noticed About IPOB; And Why I Think Gov. Wike Should Be Careful. by Oche211(m): 10:20am On Jan 02, 2017
Trash. So whoever opposes IPOB will run into trouble right?
OP, it's too early 4 packs of poos in this 2017 na.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: One Thing I Noticed About IPOB; And Why I Think Gov. Wike Should Be Careful. by Aufbauh(m): 10:21am On Jan 02, 2017
The Ipob movement as canvassed by Nnamdi Kanu and his supporters is simply a joke. An inordinate ambition that is built on sectional frustration to rule, ethno-religious intolerance, disenchantment from inopportunity, attitudinal laxity etc.

No reasonable person with sound mind within the region who is free from any of the above stated factors will take the course seriously.

Besides, Ipob cannot blackmail an established government by their incessant grumbling, threat and unpatriotic dispositions to negotiate the nation unity where you have well over 300 ethnic nationalities to abridge.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Thing I Noticed About IPOB; And Why I Think Gov. Wike Should Be Careful. by victorvezx(m): 10:31am On Jan 02, 2017
Aufbauh:
The Ipob movement as canvassed by Nnamdi Kanu and his supporters is simply a joke. An inordinate ambition that is built on sectional frustration to rule, ethno-religious intolerance, disenchantment from inopportunity, attitudinal laxity etc.

No reasonable person with sound mind within the region who is free from any of the above stated factors will take the course seriously.

Besides, Ipob cannot blackmail an established government by their incessant grumbling, threat and unpatriotic dispositions to negotiate the nation unity where you have well over 300 ethnic nationalities to abridge.
Don't mind them. They think Nigeria is just Igbo, Hausa And Yoruba like they taught them in Primary school. There is up to 300 different ethnic groups, many of them are minorities who should be the ones complaining and not a majority tribe like the Igbo that is always crying like babies

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: One Thing I Noticed About IPOB; And Why I Think Gov. Wike Should Be Careful. by pchukwudi: 10:41am On Jan 02, 2017
So are you saying that the bolded (if true) are not enough grounds for self determination?

Aufbauh:
The Ipob movement as canvassed by Nnamdi Kanu and his supporters is simply a joke. An inordinate ambition that is built on sectional frustration to rule, ethno-religious intolerance,
disenchantment from inopportunity, attitudinal laxity etc.

3 Likes

Re: One Thing I Noticed About IPOB; And Why I Think Gov. Wike Should Be Careful. by pchukwudi: 10:43am On Jan 02, 2017
grin Nope. That is not what this thread is saying. Go back and reread OP with clean mind.

Oche211:
Trash. So whoever opposes IPOB will run into trouble right?
Re: One Thing I Noticed About IPOB; And Why I Think Gov. Wike Should Be Careful. by dudebuck: 10:57am On Jan 02, 2017
victorvezx:
Insanity is failing to get Biafra the first time and still doing the same thing now and expecting a different outcome with the same Nigerian government ur forefathers died fighting against. Biafra was defeated in 1967-1970 civil war and re-annexed back to Nigeria because it was always always a Nigerian territory because there was nothing like Biafra before Nigerian independence. So u people have no claim over any territory. Deal with it. And if u think Wike is just saying this for the media attention or spit Ipob, then u must be delusional. I wonder who u think Ipob is. He spoke for the Niger delta because he controls one of the state in the region there. He never mentioned south east. So stay on ur own and stop encroaching on another man territory. Ipob Land thieves. U must be really pained over his statement and u just had to create this thread to console yourself. Am still wondering why it's hard for u people to accept the fact that Niger delta wants nothing to do with Biafra because they know their worth. They are like eggs that needs to be pampered. When the time comes, they will get their desire. They are not doing the same thing and expecting different outcome like the visionless Ipob group, they are doing a different thing by fighting for resource control and true federalism which is very realistic and easier than breaking up of Nigeria. And one day, God willing, they will get it.
This is to show how stup1d you nigerians can be, I will AIM FIR THE HIGHEST, so that if in case I miss the highest target I won't fall too far away, I will be able to get the second best or at least the third best, just look at man united since Ferguson left, their aim has been to make top four, but still had to be absent from the champions league twice, why because they lowered the bar, so I will go for Biafra outright, even if we don't get Biafra we can still get true Federalism, no amount crying and begging will help us, it is not s must for Biafra to exist, even Nnamdi kanu said it, we can negotiate a better deal, but it is impossible to achieve such by begging, you have to fight tooth and nail, with whatever weapon you have. BTW wike was merely being diplomatic with Hus guest.

1 Like

Re: One Thing I Noticed About IPOB; And Why I Think Gov. Wike Should Be Careful. by Cletus77(m): 11:17am On Jan 02, 2017
This Biafra stuff is getting serious Akwa ibom, Rivers, and Bayelsa ade now in full support

3 Likes

Re: One Thing I Noticed About IPOB; And Why I Think Gov. Wike Should Be Careful. by Deejay1000(m): 11:19am On Jan 02, 2017
victorvezx:

Don't mind them. The think Nigeria is just Igbo, Hausa And Yoruba like they taught them in Primary school. There is up to 300 different ethnic groups, many of them are minorities who should be the ones complaining and not a majority tribe like the Igbo that is always crying like babies
One crate of origin for you man. is it only the ibos that are been marginalized in this country. ... they've always been complaining, instead of fighting for true federalism...... if IPOB must be then they should leave the country and go find there own piece of land cos there was Nigeria before biafra my 2cent

6 Likes

Re: One Thing I Noticed About IPOB; And Why I Think Gov. Wike Should Be Careful. by Aufbauh(m): 11:23am On Jan 02, 2017
pchukwudi:
So are you saying that the bolded (if true) are not enough grounds for self determination?

My point is that those presumed victimization or injustice is not peculiar to the Igbo race alone as others are also going through same,but there are better ways to address it other than secession chanting.
Secession itself might not address the presumed victimization.

8 Likes

Re: One Thing I Noticed About IPOB; And Why I Think Gov. Wike Should Be Careful. by victorvezx(m): 11:27am On Jan 02, 2017
dudebuck:
This is to show how stup1d you nigerians can be, I will AIM FIR THE HIGHEST, so that if in case I miss the highest target I won't fall too far away, I will be able to get the second best or at least the third best, just look at man united since Ferguson left, their aim has been to make top four, but still had to be absent from the champions league twice, why because they lowered the bar, so I will go for Biafra outright, even if we don't get Biafra we can still get true Federalism, no amount crying and begging will help us, it is not s must for Biafra to exist, even Nnamdi kanu said it, we can negotiate a better deal, but it is impossible to achieve such by begging, you have to fight tooth and nail, with whatever weapon you have. BTW wike was merely being diplomatic with Hus guest.
See this illiterate. Is that not the same thing am saying. I was talking about true federalism in my post and u said the same thing but still insulting me. Ur leaders and Nigerians at large will negotiate how true federalism will be, it will never be on the terms of Ipob. U are pained deep down because of what Wike said, hence the reason u think he is not serious with that statement

5 Likes

Re: One Thing I Noticed About IPOB; And Why I Think Gov. Wike Should Be Careful. by nonsobaba: 11:50am On Jan 02, 2017
Never been a Wike fan but u Ipods are really overrating urselves. My former governor Peter Obi drowned over 200 Ipods in Ezu river in 2009 and won his re-election in 2010 despite their noisemaking. They have shifted focus to Obiano just because he rightly labelled Ipods that soldiers killed in Onitsha as hoodlums. Waiting to spit on them after Obiano gets re-elected later this year. It is foolishness to think every igbo man will fall for that ponzi scheme called Biafra Nigeria Limited which Ralph Uwazurike operated before he was exposed and which Nnamdi Kanu continued before he was caught on top of a prostitute.

*Wike has since shown his disdain for the biafra fraud package when he renamed the Liberation stadium to Yakubu Gowon stadium Port Harcourt, so i don't understand why Ipods are crying now about Wike's latest move.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Thing I Noticed About IPOB; And Why I Think Gov. Wike Should Be Careful. by MadamExcellency: 11:55am On Jan 02, 2017
pchukwudi:
Yea, you are very correct. So what's your irreligious comment on the matter? (Please ignore my religious observation).

@MadamExcellency please say something. Don't just peep. And please call Zend, freezone01 and co grin

Sorry, I went to the Shop to assess and confirm stock position.

IPOB and their ideology coupled with its non-violent agitation is a nightmare to every politician presently eating from the national patrimony.

The plot to actualize sovereignty is on course unless Nigeria negotiates and implement true federalism by devolving powers to component regions.

Nigeria is passing through the five Stages of Grief for IPOB

The stages expounded by Kübler-Ross, popularly known by the acronym DABDA, include

1. Denial – The first reaction is denial. In this stage individuals believe the diagnosis is somehow mistaken, and cling to a false, preferable reality.

2. Anger – When the individual recognizes that denial cannot continue, they become frustrated, especially at proximate individuals. Certain psychological responses of a person undergoing this phase would be: "Why me? It's not fair!";

"How can this happen to me?"; "Who is to blame?"; "Why would this happen?".

3. Bargaining – The third stage involves the hope that the individual can avoid a cause of grief. Usually, the negotiation for an extended life is made in exchange for a reformed lifestyle.

People facing less serious trauma can bargain or seek compromise. For instance: "I'd give anything to have him back." Or: "If only he'd come back to life, I'd promise to be a better person!"

4. Depression – "I'm so sad, why bother with anything?"; "I'm going to die soon, so what's the point?"; "I miss my loved one, why go on?"

During the fourth stage, the individual despairs at the recognition of their mortality. In this state, the individual may become silent, refuse visitors and spend much of the time mournful and sullen.

5. Acceptance – "It's going to be okay."; "I can't fight it; I may as well prepare for it."

In this last stage, individuals embrace mortality or inevitable future, or that of a loved one, or other tragic event. People dying may precede the survivors in this state, which typically comes with a calm, retrospective view for the individual, and a stable condition of emotions.

Kübler-Ross later expanded her model to include any form of personal loss

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: One Thing I Noticed About IPOB; And Why I Think Gov. Wike Should Be Careful. by dudebuck: 11:56am On Jan 02, 2017
victorvezx:

See this illiterate. Is that not the same thing am saying. I was talking about true federalism in my post and u said the same thing but still insulting me. Ur leaders and Nigerians at large will negotiate how true federalism will be, it will never be on the terms of Ipob. U are pained deep down because of what Wike said, hence the reason u think he is not serious with that statement
yes I had to because you also insulted IPOB.
Re: One Thing I Noticed About IPOB; And Why I Think Gov. Wike Should Be Careful. by BermudaTriangle(m): 12:06pm On Jan 02, 2017
Cletus77:
This Biafra stuff is getting serious Akwa ibom, Rivers, and Bayelsa ade now in full support

When will you stop dreaming ?

5 Likes

Re: One Thing I Noticed About IPOB; And Why I Think Gov. Wike Should Be Careful. by BermudaTriangle(m): 12:08pm On Jan 02, 2017
Biafra is an exposed Ponzi kalokalo Enterprises.

2 Likes

Re: One Thing I Noticed About IPOB; And Why I Think Gov. Wike Should Be Careful. by Kemperor: 12:11pm On Jan 02, 2017
Deejay1000:

One crate of origin for you man. is it only the ibos that are been marginalized in this country. ... they've always been complaining, instead of fighting for true federalism...... if IPOB must be then they should leave the country and go find there own piece of land cos there was Nigeria before biafra my 2cent

Haven't u heard of the lord Lugard's Amalgamation?
B4 u talk, u reason...and research b4 u mak vain facts...Dullardpo
Re: One Thing I Noticed About IPOB; And Why I Think Gov. Wike Should Be Careful. by PedroJP(m): 12:16pm On Jan 02, 2017
victorvezx:

Who are the leaders and who are IPOB ? Whom among your so called leaders have commanded such followership that IPOB commands ? Or are we no longer in democracy where majority have the say ? Niger Delta people should be allowed to chart their course and not yorubas voicing for them if they want to join Biafra or not. If you guys are so sure that majority doesn't want Biafra nation, then conduct the referendum and see who joins and who doesn't join.

I know Almajiri's and yoruba's fears. First, they will become irrelevany in the scheme of things worldwide like Niger and Togo are. Secondly, hunger will ravage you guys that aid to u guts will always be in Biafran national budget. Third, you will lose both political and economic power that will result to the first fear. Last, muslim fanatics will make ur abode hell on earth for u and ur generations.
Re: One Thing I Noticed About IPOB; And Why I Think Gov. Wike Should Be Careful. by pchukwudi: 12:22pm On Jan 02, 2017
MadamExcellency:

Sorry, I went to the Shop to assess and confirm stock position.

IPOB and their ideology coupled with its non-violent agitation is a nightmare to every politician presently eating from the national patrimony.

The plot to actualize sovereignty is on course unless Nigeria negotiates and implement true federalism by devolving powers to component regions.

Nigeria is passing through the five Stages of Grief for IPOB

The stages expounded by Kübler-Ross, popularly known by the acronym DABDA, ...

Ada eji eme onu. grin

1 Like

Re: One Thing I Noticed About IPOB; And Why I Think Gov. Wike Should Be Careful. by Nobody: 12:33pm On Jan 02, 2017
Wike was just talking their usual political nonsense. IPoB holds sway even in his backyard.

1 Like

Re: One Thing I Noticed About IPOB; And Why I Think Gov. Wike Should Be Careful. by budusky05(m): 12:33pm On Jan 02, 2017
how

n
Re: One Thing I Noticed About IPOB; And Why I Think Gov. Wike Should Be Careful. by SamuelAnyawu(m): 12:36pm On Jan 02, 2017
grin grin grin

Re: One Thing I Noticed About IPOB; And Why I Think Gov. Wike Should Be Careful. by basilo102: 12:46pm On Jan 02, 2017
This shows how much ground the agitation has gained. a governor now go about ranting.
Re: One Thing I Noticed About IPOB; And Why I Think Gov. Wike Should Be Careful. by pchukwudi: 12:46pm On Jan 02, 2017
But if the injustice/victimization is truly universal (as you suggested it is) what then is the essence of tagging the so called injustice as "presumed"?.

And, secondly, does the fact that 299 other tribes ethnic groups chose to remain silent in the face of the injustice/victimization negate IPOB's fundamental right to say "enough is enough"?

Aufbauh:

My point is that those presumed victimization or injustice is not peculiar to the Igbo race alone as others are also going through same,but there are better ways to address it other than secession chanting.
Secession itself might not address the presumed victimization.
Re: One Thing I Noticed About IPOB; And Why I Think Gov. Wike Should Be Careful. by Cletus77(m): 1:20pm On Jan 02, 2017
BermudaTriangle:

When will you stop dreaming ?
Keep shut!! I didn't even have any interest in it and am not igbo sef. Am just saying its getting more serious to the minorities
Re: One Thing I Noticed About IPOB; And Why I Think Gov. Wike Should Be Careful. by Xer0: 1:53pm On Jan 02, 2017
Kemperor:

Haven't u heard of the lord Lugard's Amalgamation?
B4 u talk, u reason...and research b4 u mak vain facts...Dullardpo
The areas claimed by IPOB was never a single entity before the amalgamation

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Attack On Igbo: Govt Beefs Up Security In Bayelsa / Nigerian National Anthem And The Meaning Of Its Famous Lines / Pictures Of The Day.. Nigeria On The Move.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.