Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,375 members, 7,800,750 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 05:36 AM

Why Is That Almost All Nigerian Agencies Have Their Headquarters At Abuja - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Is That Almost All Nigerian Agencies Have Their Headquarters At Abuja (1345 Views)

New Photo Of Dino Melaye As House Of Reps Leaders Visit Him At Abuja Hospital. / PDP Welcomes Atiku With A Banner At Their Headquarters In Abuja (Photos) / Rotimi Amaechi Spotted At Abuja Airport. See What He Was Pictured Doing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is That Almost All Nigerian Agencies Have Their Headquarters At Abuja by Nobody: 6:08pm On Jan 02, 2017
Will it not be better if most these headquarters are located in different parts of the country. The headquarters of the NNPC is currently currently at Abuja, will it be bad if it was located either at Port Harcourt or Akwa Ibom state.

Below are some of the major Nigerian Agencies and their headquarters.

1. Nigerian Television Authority (NTA) - headquarters ABUJA

2. NAFDAC - headquarters ABUJA

3. NNPC - headquarters ABUJA

4. Standards organization of Nigeria (son) - headquarters ABUJA

5. Nigerian electricity regulatory commission (NERC) - headquarters ABUJA

6. JAMB - headquarters ABUJA

7. National Universities Commission (NUC) - headquarters ABUJA

8. Securities and exchange commission (sec) - headquarters ABUJA

9. National insurance commission (NIC) - headquarters ABUJA

10. Nigerian Deposit insurance corporation (NDIC) - headquarters ABUJA

11. National Bureau of statistics (NBS) - headquarters ABUJA

12. Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS) - headquarters ABUJA

13. Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) - headquarters ABUJA

14. Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) - headquarters ABUJA

15. Nigerian communications commission (NCC) - headquarters ABUJA

16. National Broadcasting Commission (NBC) - headquarters ABUJA

so what do u guys think?

Re: Why Is That Almost All Nigerian Agencies Have Their Headquarters At Abuja by Nobody: 6:10pm On Jan 02, 2017
n
Re: Why Is That Almost All Nigerian Agencies Have Their Headquarters At Abuja by yarimo(m): 6:16pm On Jan 02, 2017
I totally agree with the OP some of the agency should be re located to SAMBISA FOREST and some re locate to the CREEK in the niger delta areas. grin
Re: Why Is That Almost All Nigerian Agencies Have Their Headquarters At Abuja by Nobody: 6:17pm On Jan 02, 2017
yarimo:
I totally agree with the OP some of the agency should be re located to SAMBISA FOREST and some re locate to the CREEK in the niger delta areas. grin
seriously dude in 2017 ??

1 Like

Re: Why Is That Almost All Nigerian Agencies Have Their Headquarters At Abuja by yarimo(m): 6:19pm On Jan 02, 2017
Ajehswag:
seriously dude in 2017 ??
dude OP so far in 2017 grin
Re: Why Is That Almost All Nigerian Agencies Have Their Headquarters At Abuja by Nobody: 6:23pm On Jan 02, 2017
yarimo:
dude OP so far in 2017 grin
I aff tire for u

Re: Why Is That Almost All Nigerian Agencies Have Their Headquarters At Abuja by yarimo(m): 6:25pm On Jan 02, 2017
Ajehswag:
I aff tire for u
ok sir, carry on tongue
Re: Why Is That Almost All Nigerian Agencies Have Their Headquarters At Abuja by squarelead(m): 8:20pm On Jan 02, 2017
Ajehswag:

Will it not be better if most these headquarters are located in different parts of the country. The headquarters of the NNPC is currently currently at Abuja, will it be bad if it was located either at Port Harcourt or Akwa Ibom state.

Below are some of the major Nigerian Agencies and their headquarters.

1. Nigerian Television Authority (NTA) - headquarters ABUJA

2. NAFDAC - headquarters ABUJA

3. NNPC - headquarters ABUJA

4. Standards organization of Nigeria (son) - headquarters ABUJA

5. Nigerian electricity regulatory commission (NERC) - headquarters ABUJA

6. JAMB - headquarters ABUJA

7. National Universities Commission (NUC) - headquarters ABUJA

8. Securities and exchange commission (sec) - headquarters ABUJA

9. National insurance commission (NIC) - headquarters ABUJA

10. Nigerian Deposit insurance corporation (NDIC) - headquarters ABUJA

11. National Bureau of statistics (NBS) - headquarters ABUJA

12. Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS) - headquarters ABUJA

13. Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) - headquarters ABUJA

14. Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) - headquarters ABUJA

15. Nigerian communications commission (NCC) - headquarters ABUJA

16. National Broadcasting Commission (NBC) - headquarters ABUJA

so what do u guys think?
Just a question....
Where is the headquarters of all States in Nigeria?
Re: Why Is That Almost All Nigerian Agencies Have Their Headquarters At Abuja by sinkhole: 9:00pm On Jan 02, 2017
Sincerely OP, this has always been my thinking! In Nigeria, states and federal, everything revolves around ONE person, ONE city, ONE party, ONE etc grin I dont know why we can not just spread out all over the country and states and let everybody feel like they are part of the nation. We can not talk of communication problem at this age again.

1 Like

Re: Why Is That Almost All Nigerian Agencies Have Their Headquarters At Abuja by mykeljosef: 2:31am On Jan 03, 2017
its the capital simple....
Re: Why Is That Almost All Nigerian Agencies Have Their Headquarters At Abuja by DMerciful(m): 7:41am On Jan 03, 2017
This tells you we are practicing a unitary system of govt but we prefer to call it a federal system....its just like a man calling his pussy cat a tiger....does that make it a tiger? Nigeria founding fathers agreed that 2+2=5, that's y we cannot progress as a nation and until we say the truth that 2+2=4, then we keep going in cycles! undecided
Re: Why Is That Almost All Nigerian Agencies Have Their Headquarters At Abuja by greenermodels: 7:54am On Jan 03, 2017
why is it that almost all federal agencies are headed by northern Muslims now. that's a more pertinent question.
Re: Why Is That Almost All Nigerian Agencies Have Their Headquarters At Abuja by aminho(m): 9:38am On Jan 03, 2017
greenermodels:
why is it that almost all federal agencies are headed by northern Muslims now. that's a more pertinent question.

Mr man you are here preaching hatred of Muslims and you are posting your Number searching for work who will employ such a bigot
Re: Why Is That Almost All Nigerian Agencies Have Their Headquarters At Abuja by Atiku2019: 9:45am On Jan 03, 2017
greenermodels:

Be wise bro.. Do not use your business moniker to preach Hatred. Thank Me Later. Even a Muslim can get you a mouth-watering contract here in Abj... Wake Up or create another moniker

1 Like

Re: Why Is That Almost All Nigerian Agencies Have Their Headquarters At Abuja by Nobody: 9:56am On Jan 03, 2017
Atiku2019:

Be wise bro.. Do not use your business moniker to preach Hatred. Thank Me Later. Even a Muslim can get you a mouth-watering contract here in Abj... Wake Up or create another moniker
It's just a question, why is it so? He's not disputing that Muslims wouldn't assist but why is the structure like that? Are there no Hausa Christians, pagans or atheist that are qualified if at all it for the north?
Re: Why Is That Almost All Nigerian Agencies Have Their Headquarters At Abuja by Atiku2019: 9:59am On Jan 03, 2017
asuustrike2009:

It's just a question, why is it so? He's not disputing that Muslims wouldn't assist but why is the structure like that? Are there no Hausa Christians, pagans or atheist that are qualified if at all it for the north?

It's A good Question no doubt cool we all ask this. but He should avoid using his business moniker..

Good Morning Bro

1 Like

Re: Why Is That Almost All Nigerian Agencies Have Their Headquarters At Abuja by Nobody: 10:07am On Jan 03, 2017
Atiku2019:

It's A good Question no doubt cool we all ask this. but He should avoid using his business moniker..

Good Morning Bro
Morning
Re: Why Is That Almost All Nigerian Agencies Have Their Headquarters At Abuja by greenermodels: 10:36am On Jan 03, 2017
Atiku2019:

aminho:

Mr man you are here preaching hatred of Muslims and you are posting your Number searching for work who will employ such a bigot
Atiku2019:

please i have not and will never preach hatred against any group, i have also lived long enough in the north to learn not to preach hatred against those hardworking people suffering so hard to earn a living but what i asked is a relevant question especially since the inception of the buhari regime, not only are federal parastatals headed by northern Muslims, look at the last efcc recruitment where the federal civil service directed them to employ three people from each state under represented in the agency(mostly southern states) and two from well represented (mostly northern states) yet they went ahead to recruit almost northerners through out. as for contracts, i have no stomach for government contracts.
Re: Why Is That Almost All Nigerian Agencies Have Their Headquarters At Abuja by Atiku2019: 10:41am On Jan 03, 2017
greenermodels:
please i have not and will never preach hatred against any group, i have also lived long enough in the north to preach hatred against those hardworking people suffering so hard to earn a living but what i asked is a relevant question especially since the inception of the buhari regime, not only are federal parastatals headed by northern Muslims, look at the last efcc recruitment where the federal civil service directed them to employ three people from each state under represented in the agency(mostly southern states) and two from well represented (mostly northern states) yet they went ahead to recruit almost northerners through out. as for contracts, i have no stomach for government contracts.

I understand what you saying Bro...Good Morning

1 Like

Re: Why Is That Almost All Nigerian Agencies Have Their Headquarters At Abuja by aminho(m): 11:23am On Jan 03, 2017
greenermodels:
please i have not and will never preach hatred against any group, i have also lived long enough in the north to learn not to preach hatred against those hardworking people suffering so hard to earn a living but what i asked is a relevant question especially since the inception of the buhari regime, not only are federal parastatals headed by northern Muslims, look at the last efcc recruitment where the federal civil service directed them to employ three people from each state under represented in the agency(mostly southern states) and two from well represented (mostly northern states) yet they went ahead to recruit almost northerners through out. as for contracts, i have no stomach for government contracts.
ok but you should not rush to judgment check the list of appointments under bubu and see that its even much more even than actually stated

(1) (Reply)

Atiku Willl Be Nigeria's President Come 2019 - Dubemnaija / Oyo Stand Up Against The Governor / Another School Of Thought Tells History Of Igbo People That May Shock You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.