Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,132 members, 7,807,437 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:29 PM

Nigerian Government Starts Paying N5,000 Every Month To Poorest Citizens - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Government Starts Paying N5,000 Every Month To Poorest Citizens (39602 Views)

We Pay N1.5billion To Poorest Nigerians Monthly - VP Osinbajo Says / "Jonathan, The Poorest Ex-President, His Parlour Can’t Hold 10 People" - Igali / How We Selected Beneficiaries Of N5,000 Stipend To Poorest Nigerians- Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Government Starts Paying N5,000 Every Month To Poorest Citizens by Rapmoney(m): 11:37pm On Jan 02, 2017
Scam!
Re: Nigerian Government Starts Paying N5,000 Every Month To Poorest Citizens by EbolaParasite: 11:37pm On Jan 02, 2017
asuustrike2009:

What is the criteria for vulnerable poor citizens? How did the government got their data? How are we sure that the so called vulnerable poor citizens are what they imply? How are we sure the scheme wouldn't fail like SURE-P

They are buying votes. All the people collecting the 5k will probably vote for them. Same thing the democrats have been doing. Use cheap handouts to keep poor people voting for them.
This is a waste of money in my opinion. 5 billion every month that can be invested in other things to help the economy. Instead, they give it to people who will do absolutely nothing with it but eat suya and drink beer. 5k that can't even buy rice. Utter waste.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Government Starts Paying N5,000 Every Month To Poorest Citizens by Greedgod: 11:37pm On Jan 02, 2017
I need dat 5k !
Re: Nigerian Government Starts Paying N5,000 Every Month To Poorest Citizens by drnelson: 11:38pm On Jan 02, 2017
N 5000 = 10 DOLLARS

God save Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Government Starts Paying N5,000 Every Month To Poorest Citizens by Pavarottii(m): 11:40pm On Jan 02, 2017
ProudArewa:
Nice move by dae federal govt......the children of hate will avoid dis tread
Avoid which thread; it's unfortunate that u zombies will continue being zombies; that they can deceive at will. Please wats d criteria for knowing one is poor and how does d person receive d money; through cash or at hand. Not everyone can be fooled. Evn the N-Power please tell me who has been paid with proof.

Lying liars.
It shall never be well for APC and their Minions.

9 Likes

Re: Nigerian Government Starts Paying N5,000 Every Month To Poorest Citizens by joshtega27(m): 11:41pm On Jan 02, 2017
I still smell kworuption
Re: Nigerian Government Starts Paying N5,000 Every Month To Poorest Citizens by Nobody: 11:42pm On Jan 02, 2017
EbolaParasite:

They are buying votes. All the people collecting the 5k will probably vote for them. Same thing the democrats have been doing. Use cheap handouts to keep poor people voting for them.
This is a waste of money in my opinion. 5 billion every month that can be invested in other things to help the economy. Instead, they give it to people who will do absolutely nothing with it but eat suya and drink beer. 5k that can't even buy rice. Utter waste.
Exactly.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Government Starts Paying N5,000 Every Month To Poorest Citizens by Nobody: 11:42pm On Jan 02, 2017
Blackteeth:
The poorest citizens should be the beggars at the motor parks. They are the ones who deserve it.

How are you sure all the beggars at the motor parks are really poor? Some of those 'Beggars' are landlords you know. Their is one aboki beggar like that who has more than 3 okadas that do deliver for him.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Government Starts Paying N5,000 Every Month To Poorest Citizens by Nobody: 11:43pm On Jan 02, 2017
Geniro:

Lol. How bro ? undecided

It's very simple. The aim of the CCT ( conditional cash transfer is as follows.
1. Reflate the economy in a non inflationary way
2. Drive financial inclusion
3. Embed social impact using pre conditions of children's inoculations)

Single view of all accounts is obtained through BVN and historical average of bank lodgements/ positions triggers social entitlement status.

Not everyone has a bank account? Sure. See my point 2. Above.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Government Starts Paying N5,000 Every Month To Poorest Citizens by Yyeske(m): 11:43pm On Jan 02, 2017
Over to the wailers and children of hate

1 Share

Re: Nigerian Government Starts Paying N5,000 Every Month To Poorest Citizens by ekanDamie: 11:44pm On Jan 02, 2017
this is one policy I am utterly disappointed at.
why waste 5k that will never still be sufficient for this poor people?

if the invest that money into industrialization, in 6months we will have an industry running somewhere, u can now employ this people to do easy jobs n pay them from it.
stop wasting money to score cheap political points.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Government Starts Paying N5,000 Every Month To Poorest Citizens by Qmerit(m): 11:45pm On Jan 02, 2017
asuustrike2009:

You know the Nigeria factor still plays.why not teach the them how to catch fish instead of spoon feeding them

My brother this is wat is call campaign promise! And if the govt do otherwise you would hear the outcry of the people! I agreed with u but if they can manage this to 70/80percent successfully it's ok!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Government Starts Paying N5,000 Every Month To Poorest Citizens by ArcFresky(m): 11:45pm On Jan 02, 2017
Smh.... 5k...
Lemme explain something.
Bank = -200
Bank monthly charges= 100
New account atm= 1000
T-fare to withdraw = -200

At the end of the day, 3500 go follow u commot for bank.

Its laudable anyways.... at least Admiral Amosun was taking 1 billion every month during Jonathans tenure.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Government Starts Paying N5,000 Every Month To Poorest Citizens by daveP(m): 11:46pm On Jan 02, 2017
( looks at news, Shakes with laughter and reels in it to cracking level. Pauses sees the headline again and resumes a new level of laughter)

Lemme start with the least of what doesn't concern this laughter.... why can't they just give a better attractive name to some ideas, programmes?

We all know that all the states chosen is as a result of escaping from impending disaster that would meet the choosing of 9 states all from the north where the true poverty is; must have seen that it would spark a negative reaction and decided to take the easy way out(laughter).

Yeah you can't please peeps but use sense small now....
Re: Nigerian Government Starts Paying N5,000 Every Month To Poorest Citizens by Qmerit(m): 11:50pm On Jan 02, 2017
brostheo:
If I don't receive any alert, then na just propaganda

You re not poor sir, when u can buy sub/MB and always on NL and with that alone u claimed to be poor indirectly God forbid it for u! If u test real poverty hmmmmeeeh no one would tell u

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Government Starts Paying N5,000 Every Month To Poorest Citizens by Nobody: 11:50pm On Jan 02, 2017
Qmerit:

My brother this is wat is call campaign promise! And if the govt do otherwise you would hear the outcry of the people! I agreed with u but if they can manage this to 70/80percent successfully it's ok!
OK oh but N5,000 can be spent in just 1 week.moni non get value again oh
Re: Nigerian Government Starts Paying N5,000 Every Month To Poorest Citizens by AloyalNigerian(m): 11:50pm On Jan 02, 2017
MadamExcellency:
Thank goodness, my business will start booming beyond my annual target because the government has learnt that not all "chop-I-chop" is corruption but a systematically drawn policy of cash flow to the poor. The government should ensure that the deficiencies and nepotism inherent in SURE-P
are checked.

Let the cash flow continue until we spent our way out of recession.

However, people should not rely on welfare as a means of livelihood because it's a licence to indolence and perpetual poverty.
seconded
Re: Nigerian Government Starts Paying N5,000 Every Month To Poorest Citizens by Lexusgs430: 11:51pm On Jan 02, 2017
How I fit claim my own share?
Re: Nigerian Government Starts Paying N5,000 Every Month To Poorest Citizens by Dannyboytope: 11:52pm On Jan 02, 2017
This is waste of money to me
Re: Nigerian Government Starts Paying N5,000 Every Month To Poorest Citizens by Nobody: 11:53pm On Jan 02, 2017
ArcFresky:
Smh.... 5k...
Lemme explain something.
Bank = -200
Bank monthly charges= 100
New account atm= 1000
T-fare to withdraw = -200

At the end of the day, 3500 go follow u commot for bank.

Its laudable anyways.... at least Admiral Amosun was taking 1 billion every month during Jonathans tenure.

You forgot to include minimum balance
Re: Nigerian Government Starts Paying N5,000 Every Month To Poorest Citizens by Qmerit(m): 11:54pm On Jan 02, 2017
asuustrike2009:

OK oh but N5,000 can be spent in just 1 week.moni non get value again oh

The poor don't spend the way an average person spend! That's true though! It can be spent in a day just with the buying of fuel in ur car and it would fill ur tank! But the poor re very careful in spending!
Re: Nigerian Government Starts Paying N5,000 Every Month To Poorest Citizens by Timfreds(m): 11:54pm On Jan 02, 2017
So this government decide to start the new year with new propaganda? APC can never deceive 9ja again. We know better now.
Re: Nigerian Government Starts Paying N5,000 Every Month To Poorest Citizens by Kennitrust(m): 11:55pm On Jan 02, 2017
Save the world

Re: Nigerian Government Starts Paying N5,000 Every Month To Poorest Citizens by emusbyz(m): 11:56pm On Jan 02, 2017
It is a pity that Nigeria is this backward and the masses are so illiterate to see this madness.
How can you in this century be wasting so much amount of money and claim it is to reduce poverty?
Please tell Mr President to go and read Andrew Carnegie's article "The Gospel of Wealth" . If he is too busy to read that, let him atleast ask one of his SA's to. All I see is a bunch of failing presidential cabinet.
#WisCeph

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Government Starts Paying N5,000 Every Month To Poorest Citizens by Nobody: 11:56pm On Jan 02, 2017
emeijeh:
Hey kid, grow up!

Lol. With my first child at 29, that's kind of difficult. I wish it were true though * sigh*

But here is a background into how conditional cash transfers work. Incidentally it isn't new; Ameachi test drove this in Rivers state a couple of years back.

But here is how BVN simplifies the financial pre-qualification; it's very very simple.

The aim of the FGN's CCT ( conditional cash transfer) is as follows.
1. Reflate the economy in a non inflationary way
2. Drive financial inclusion
3. Embed social impact using pre conditions of children's inoculation.

I state this because I will refer to one of these points again below.

How it works; A single view of all bank account holders is obtained through BVN historical average of bank lodgements/account positions. A simple database script triggers social entitlement status showing the poorest of bank account holders, while address/location triggers state by state entitlements. Final verification may include physical visits ( this last part also creates employment opportunities under the program)

Not everyone has a bank account? Sure. See my point 2. Above.

BVN is an important capability in any financial status profiling. Especially for CCT's and other social entitlement programs.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Government Starts Paying N5,000 Every Month To Poorest Citizens by fingistan(m): 12:03am On Jan 03, 2017
Where did they get the data from? confused govt.
Re: Nigerian Government Starts Paying N5,000 Every Month To Poorest Citizens by obailala(m): 12:04am On Jan 03, 2017
Sharing money to people still remains madness... Campaign promise or not, it's a silly idea to share free money to anyone and this would definitely end up as another sure avenue for vultures to loot money. Whatever happened to implementation of the school feeding programme instead of this bazaar to waste scarce funds?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Government Starts Paying N5,000 Every Month To Poorest Citizens by Nobody: 12:05am On Jan 03, 2017
Qmerit:

The poor don't spend the way an average person spend! That's true though! It can be spent in a day just with the buying of fuel in ur car and it would fill ur tank! But the poor re very careful in spending!
I laugh when you say the poor don't spend. Just say the allowance would relieve some persons some burdens e.g some foodstuffs
Re: Nigerian Government Starts Paying N5,000 Every Month To Poorest Citizens by Greenbullet(m): 12:07am On Jan 03, 2017
make sense free 5k every month.
Re: Nigerian Government Starts Paying N5,000 Every Month To Poorest Citizens by labo101: 12:07am On Jan 03, 2017

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Government Starts Paying N5,000 Every Month To Poorest Citizens by Greenbullet(m): 12:08am On Jan 03, 2017
asuustrike2009:

I laugh when you say the poor don't spend. Just say the allowance would relieve some persons some burdens e.g some foodstuffs
Mr man ,please keep quite, he who has not experienced poverty cannot tell its story,a poor man will spend 5k for 1 month or even more.

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Boko Haram Releases 10 Policewomen And UNIMAID Lecturers Abducted Last Year / Police And Shiite Clashes In Kaduna Result In Casualties (video) / Benue Apc Youth Leader Looses Right Hand(graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.