Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,328 members, 7,780,839 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:57 PM

The African Woman - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The African Woman (725 Views)

The African Woman / The African Woman (a Must Read) / Infographic Shows That The Average African Woman Bears 6 Children (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The African Woman by lovingsoul(m): 8:36pm On Nov 20, 2009
I hear her cry and it touched the root of my soul, i listen to her plight and the compassion in me burst open, i see her fear through the oblivious look on her face, it seem nothing could give her some assurance because she lives in the mist of obvious uncertainty and confusion,
Every day by day, she is put under the pressure of male and cultural authority, without looking out for her feelings.
There is so much seed of love in her heart but the earth where she finds herself is not fertile for the seed to grow.
Every where she goes she is judged, every thing she does is wrong, everyone she meets see her through her body without waiting to appreciate what she carries up there,
She lives in a world that trys hard to dominate her soul and body, her heart yarns for liberation, her entire being craves for a genuine affection, an affection that has no consequences.
She sacrifices her joy, subdue her inner most feelings so that the next generation can be happy, her strength is hidden, her value is underestimated, her importance is downplayed, her liberation is delayed, but all in all her contribution to the progression and continuity of life can never be ignored, she rarely hates, but so often love, she never destroys, but always construct, give her a child and she will make out a leader of generations.
She lives in the present but dwell in the future, the qualities a man never takes time to see, she sees just at a glance,
So who says an African Woman is not important, nothing is sweet and smooth without her touch,
Just a thought from me,
DAVID,

(1) (Reply)

Indefinite Self-suspension Of Association Of Nigerian Authors Membership / The Google Books Project / Secrets Of Making Money From Facebook Now Revealed!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.