Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,283 members, 7,807,957 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:57 PM

What Do The Scholars Say? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / What Do The Scholars Say? (25452 Views)

COVID-19: Muslim Organizations, Scholars Move Ramadan Tafsir Online / Ahlu Sunnah Scholars Fatawa On Bida'h / Tell Us Islamic Scholars With Their Sittings (halqo) In Your Community (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do The Scholars Say? by AbuHammaad: 1:24am On Jan 03, 2017
Salam Alaykum brothers/sisters, I found some interesting videos on my Youtube subscription. I didn't know where to post them so I decided to open this thread. Also, I felt they could be useful every time we need answers to important issues relating to the Deen. Having a single thread makes it easier for us to find what we need. Not everyone is interested in opening too many tabs and looking for threads created by different individuals.

Proviso: Please let's try as much as possible to post replies/answers from scholars who are well grounded and are known for being on the path of the Salaf. We all don't want people to be misinformed

AideeSheks adejaresalami1 snapscore RABIUSHILE04 Lexiconkabir Demmzy15 Amoto94 MrOlai Newnas. Please tag any one you feel I should
have added

Jazakumullah Khayran

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do The Scholars Say? by AbuHammaad: 1:26am On Jan 03, 2017
On Giving the Adhaan in the Ear of a Newborn Child by Shaykh Al-Albaani

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyxiTU7FGO8

1 Like

Re: What Do The Scholars Say? by AbuHammaad: 1:28am On Jan 03, 2017
If I Don't Cut my Beard I Won't Find a Job - Shaykh Sulaymaan Ar-Ruhaylee Explains

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InH4HVA64ZA

1 Like

Re: What Do The Scholars Say? by Nobody: 9:28am On Jan 03, 2017
JazakAllaah khayran khatheera, may Allaah preserve us all upon good.....got a lot of friends to mention...

Cc: busar, sino, coccoh, zarinaAin, carinmom, udatso, Zeinymira, hayath, abuhalima, FriendChoice, Bnladan, Dullahi, Rosheedah, zeyney, Masculity, Muhsinkhan, Shabib, Oladim001, AllstarZ.

1 Like

Re: What Do The Scholars Say? by Nobody: 2:01pm On Jan 03, 2017
QUESTION: Is it permissible for me to try to prevent wind from coming out during Salaah or in order to stay in ablution before Salaah?

ANSWER TO THE QUESTION(by fadilatul Shaykh ibn 'Uthaymeen):

Praise be to Allaah.

It is not permissible to try to prevent wind from coming out during Salaah (prayer) or in order to stay in ablution before Salaah.

You should relieve yourself and do another ablution even if you miss the prayer in congregation, because this is a valid excuse.

The Prophet (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) said: “There is no prayer when food is ready or when one is trying to stop oneself doing either of the two things that break wudoo’ (i.e., urination and defecation).” Narrated by Muslim, 560.

From Fataawa ash-Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen, 13. question no, (588).

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do The Scholars Say? by Nobody: 2:37pm On Jan 03, 2017
lexiconkabir:
QUESTION: Is it permissible for me to try to prevent wind from coming out during Salaah or in order to stay in ablution before Salaah?

Praise be to Allaah.

It is not permissible to try to prevent wind from coming out during Salaah (prayer) or in order to stay in ablution before Salaah.

You should relieve yourself and do another ablution even if you miss the prayer in congregation, because this is a valid excuse.

The Prophet (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) said: “There is no prayer when food is ready or when one is trying to stop oneself doing either of the two things that break wudoo’ (i.e., urination and defecation).” Narrated by Muslim, 560.

Wind or Pop the hadith is talking on ?
Re: What Do The Scholars Say? by Nobody: 2:54pm On Jan 03, 2017
FriendChoice:

Wind or Pop the hadith is talking on ?

Wind comes together with poop.....

Plus another says;

‏ لاَ صَلاَةَ بِحَضْرَةِ الطَّعَامِ وَلاَ وَهُوَ يُدَافِعُهُ الأَخْبَثَانِ
Re: What Do The Scholars Say? by Nobody: 2:57pm On Jan 03, 2017
lexiconkabir:

Wind comes together with poop.....

Not necessary. They are 2 different things. So my question is still on point. Wind or poop?
Re: What Do The Scholars Say? by Nobody: 3:03pm On Jan 03, 2017
FriendChoice:

Not necessary. They are 2 different things. So my question is still on point. Wind or poop?

You didn't get me, when you break wind, it implies that your system is ready to pass out faeces right?
Re: What Do The Scholars Say? by Nobody: 3:04pm On Jan 03, 2017
lexiconkabir:

You didn't get me, when you break wind, it implies that your system is ready to pass out faeces right?

Sometimes. But sometimes a person will pass wind but the system is not ready for bowel movement. Infact bowel movement won't occur even if he forces himself 2 D latrine
Re: What Do The Scholars Say? by Demmzy15(m): 3:09pm On Jan 03, 2017
lexiconkabir:

Praise be to Allaah.

What of if after performing ablution, the pollute aka mess comes again. This happens severally, should you still continue or just cancel the prayer?
Re: What Do The Scholars Say? by Nobody: 3:13pm On Jan 03, 2017
Demmzy15:
What of if after performing ablution, the pollute aka mess comes again. This happens severally, should you still continue or just cancel the prayer?

Yes..

*modified*

if its just ones or twice even thrice, you should repeat your wudhu, but if its going to like four or five or more, then its obviously abnormal, and you need to check yourself with the medical practitioners, so continue with your salaah because Allaah says;

لا يكلف الله نفسا الا وسعها

Allaah does not charge a soul more than what it can bear.
Re: What Do The Scholars Say? by Nobody: 3:15pm On Jan 03, 2017
Demmzy15:

It depends. We have 3 types of mess. 1 is from devil, 2. Is original while the 3. Is Original but it's infection.

So which 1.
Re: What Do The Scholars Say? by Nobody: 3:16pm On Jan 03, 2017
FriendChoice:

Sometimes. But sometimes a person will pass wind but the system is not ready for bowel movement. Infact bowel movement won't occur even if he forces himself 2 D latrine

Well, your system is strange o lipsrsealed, anyway to avoid confusion, how do you understand this hadeeth;

‏ لاَ صَلاَةَ بِحَضْرَةِ الطَّعَامِ وَلاَ وَهُوَ يُدَافِعُهُ الأَخْبَثَانِ ‏
Re: What Do The Scholars Say? by Nobody: 3:25pm On Jan 03, 2017
There There are 3 types of (mess).

One from Satan

Actually this is not wind, the devil is playing with your intelligence. You will hear a kind of movement but not sure whether it's wind or not. One of the two things make it wind. 1. Sound 2. Smell. If all are absent you can continue your prayer.

Real One

This one no doubt you need help in the latrine. Your ablution is not valid.

Infection

System error

Your ablution keep invalidating every minutes even without sense of bowel movement. In this case you will perform ablution only once each time you want to pray.

However u cannot use a single ablution 4 example magribh and Isah. Each prayer will require new ablution.
Re: What Do The Scholars Say? by AbuHammaad: 4:09pm On Jan 03, 2017
lexiconkabir:

Praise be to Allaah.

I used to do this a lot when I was in my teens
Re: What Do The Scholars Say? by Nobody: 4:50pm On Jan 03, 2017
AbuHammaad:

I used to do this a lot when I was in my teens

As a matter of fact, everyone did cheesy, you know its in the human nature to be lazy when it comes to acts of ibadaah, shaytaan runs in our veins the same way blood does, we just have to make sure we command our nafs(soul, self...), not the other way round.
Re: What Do The Scholars Say? by Nobody: 5:13pm On Jan 03, 2017
Demmzy15:

Astagfirullaah, may Allaah rectify our errors Ameen, I didn't see the underlined part(I dey hungry then grin)..

Now if its just ones or twice even thrice, you should repeat your wudhu, but if its going to like four or five or more, then its obviously abnormal, and you need to check yourself with the medical practitioners, so continue with your salaah because Allaah says;

Re: What Do The Scholars Say? by AbuHammaad: 5:41pm On Jan 03, 2017
lexiconkabir:

As a matter of fact, everyone did cheesy, you know its in the human nature to be lazy when it comes to acts of ibadaah, shaytaan runs in our veins the same way blood does, we just have to make sure we command our nafs(soul, self...), not the other way round.

grin cheesy I thought as much. I just wanted to speak for myself lol
Re: What Do The Scholars Say? by Demmzy15(m): 6:52pm On Jan 03, 2017
lexiconkabir:

Astagfirullaah, may Allaah rectify our errors Ameen, I didn't see the underlined part(I dey hungry then grin)..

Now if its just ones or twice even thrice, you should repeat your wudhu, but if its going to like four or five or more, then its obviously abnormal, and you need to check yourself with the medical practitioners, so continue with your salaah because Allaah says;

grin grin grin HungerBAD!!!
Re: What Do The Scholars Say? by Demmzy15(m): 7:38pm On Jan 03, 2017
The Syrian Situation Explained in Beautiful Details by Sheikh Sulayman Ar Ruhayli

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1LbTDCLRNE

2 Likes

Re: What Do The Scholars Say? by AbuHammaad: 8:34pm On Jan 03, 2017
Demmzy15:
The Syrian Situation Explained in Beautiful Details by Sheikh Sulayman Ar Ruhayli

The wisdom of the prophet (SAW)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Do The Scholars Say? by Demmzy15(m): 8:47pm On Jan 03, 2017
AbuHammaad:

The wisdom of the prophet (SAW)
You've watched it abi?
Re: What Do The Scholars Say? by AbuHammaad: 8:51pm On Jan 03, 2017
Demmzy15:
You've watched it abi?

Na'am

1 Like

Re: What Do The Scholars Say? by AbuHammaad: 9:00pm On Jan 03, 2017
The Ruling on Saying: "I am a Salafi" - By Shaykh Saalih Al-Fawzaan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQYN8Um7WME

Short and precise

1 Like

Re: What Do The Scholars Say? by AbuHammaad: 9:02pm On Jan 03, 2017
The Ruling on Participating in Christmas by: Shaykh Ibn Baaz

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlGBqcK91Gw
Re: What Do The Scholars Say? by AlBaqir(m): 9:12pm On Jan 03, 2017
lexiconkabir:

# Bold, underlined^. Ma sha Allah! Please how do you know that? Okay Nabi said so in an hadith. So, how come you understood and interpreted "joining feet, shoulders and knees forcefully and literally during salat with the intention or rather because of Prophet's saying 'so that shaytan will not enter in-between'"?

# Obviously, shaytan is not physical. He can only whispers. Alhamdulillah you paraphrase this yourself.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Do The Scholars Say? by Nobody: 9:18pm On Jan 03, 2017
AlBaqir:

# Bold, underlined^. Ma sha Allah! Please how do you know that? Okay Nabi said so in an hadith. So, how come you understood and interpreted "[I]joining feet, shoulders and knees forcefully and literally during salat with the intention or rather because of Prophet's saying 'so that shaytan will not enter in-between'[/I]"?

# Obviously, shaytan is not physical. He can only whispers. Alhamdulillah you paraphrase this yourself.

as for me, I interpret the Qur'an and sunnah using the understanding of the salaf(sahabas, their students and the students of their students).

if shaytaan isnt physical then, i wonder what you'll do with this verse;

“Those who eat riba (interest) will not stand (on the Day of Resurrection) except like the standing of a person beaten by Shaytan leading him to insanity. That is because they say: ‘Trading is only like Riba’…” [2:275]

oh! you are a twelver Shi'a, and you don't believe the Qur'an is in perfect form, so i won't be surprised.
Re: What Do The Scholars Say? by AlBaqir(m): 9:51pm On Jan 03, 2017
lexiconkabir:

as for me, I interpret the Qur'an and sunnah using the understanding of the salaf(sahabas, their students and the students of their students).

So, what exactly is the understanding of those "salaf" you follow? That at shaytan "shaytaan runs in our veins the same way blood does, we just have to make sure we command our nafs(soul, self...), not the other way round." but "he becomes PHYSICAL when we arrange saff trying to enter in-between' of whatever space(s) is left behind"?

lexiconkabir:

if shaytaan isnt physical then, i wonder what you'll do with this verse;

Are you running away from your statement? You just wrote "he runs and disturbs our minds as blood runs through the veins"

lexiconkabir:

“Those who eat riba (interest) will not stand (on the Day of Resurrection) except like the standing of a person beaten by Shaytan leading him to insanity. That is because they say: ‘Trading is only like Riba’…” [2:275]

So, how does your tafsir interpret the ayah esp the bold part? www.qtafsir.com

1 Like

Re: What Do The Scholars Say? by Nobody: 10:14pm On Jan 03, 2017
AlBaqir:

So, what exactly is the understanding of those "salaf" you follow? That at shaytan "shaytaan runs in our veins the same way blood does, we just have to make sure we command our nafs(soul, self...), not the other way round." but "he becomes PHYSICAL when we arrange saff trying to enter in-between' of whatever space(s) is left behind"?

PHYSICAL in this context, doesn't mean being seen with our two naked eyes, if that's the case, why are the shayaateen called jinn? but the effect of what they can do can be seen physically, like for instance, a jinn slapping a person, it was physical but the jinn doing the action cannot be seen by human.

now it is a fact that jinn can change form, they can be as tiny as they want, this is why iblees(may the curse of Allaah be upon him and those look up to him as a mentor in arrogance and disbelief) was able to go inside Adam(peace be upon him), when he was just a structure without life. so if shaytaan could do that, then why can't he run in the veins? and since he can change form, why can't he disturb the saff?

didnt the prophet once held him by the neck to the extent that his saliva dropped on ththe hands of the prophet?

Are you running away from your statement? You just wrote "he runs and disturbs our minds as blood runs through the veins"

no I'm not, I'm telling you that, he is physical, and I've explained what physical mean in this context.

So, how does your tafsir interpret the ayah esp the bold part? www.qtafsir.com

are you running away? whay do you understand by "beaten" isn't that a physical effect?
Re: What Do The Scholars Say? by AlBaqir(m): 10:58pm On Jan 03, 2017
lexiconkabir:

PHYSICAL in this context, doesn't mean being seen with our two naked eyes, if that's the case, why are the shayaateen called jinn? but the effect of what they can do can be seen physically, like for instance, a jinn slapping a person, it was physical but the jinn doing the action cannot be seen by human.

# Physical is physical. Period!

# Man can feel the presence of spirit because he also has the element of being spiritual.

Make up your mind man. During salat, does shaytain whispers into mind ni whether feet and shoulders are joined or not, or he joined several spaces left behind, and perhaps disturb and confuse those that left that spaces unjoined?

lexiconkabir:

now it is a fact that jinn can change form, they can be as tiny as they want, [s]this is why iblees(may the curse of Allaah be upon him and those look up to him as a mentor in arrogance and disbelief) was able to go inside Adam(peace be upon him), when he was just a structure without life[/s]. so if shaytaan could do that, then why can't he run in the veins? and since he can change form, why can't he disturb the saff?

# Don't get yourself confused man. Blood and water run through the veins not shaytan. The hadith simply used that as a similitude of how shaytan whispers into human's mind. And obviously, mind control everything.

lexiconkabir:

didnt the prophet once held him by the neck to the extent that his saliva dropped on ththe hands of the prophet?

Oh! That's why we used to ask: why did shaytan be bold enough to confuse the prophet during his salat to the extent that the encounter went physical? On the other hand, shaytan dere not near the presence of Umar ibn al-Khattab not to mention of confusing his salat?

This tells a lot and that's why we read in several hadith's that sometimes Prophet will not know how many rakaat he has performed, or effect of magic (via shaytan and his agents) will arrest him for months wherein that will affect his senses e.g he will thinks he had sex and in reality he did not.

1 Like

Re: What Do The Scholars Say? by Nobody: 12:17am On Jan 04, 2017
I'm being careful not to derail this thread.

AlBaqir:

# Physical is physical. Period!

# Man can feel the presence of spirit because he also has the element of being spiritual.

Make up your mind man. During salat, does shaytain whispers into mind ni whether feet and shoulders are joined or not, or he joined several spaces left behind, and perhaps disturb and confuse those that left that spaces unjoined?

# Don't get yourself confused man. Blood and water run through the veins not shaytan. The hadith simply used that as a similitude of how shaytan whispers into human's mind. And obviously, mind control everything.

Oh! That's why we used to ask: why did shaytan be bold enough to confuse the prophet during his salat to the extent that the encounter went physical? On the other hand, shaytan dere not near the presence of Umar ibn al-Khattab not to mention of confusing his salat?

This tells a lot and that's why we read in several hadith's that sometimes Prophet will not know how many rakaat he has performed, or effect of magic (via shaytan and his agents) will arrest him for months wherein that will affect his senses e.g he will thinks he had sex and in reality he did not.

this is not the right thread man, i noticed the more i answer, the more you bring up issue capable of confusing people without full knowledge on that issue, now lets not derail this thread.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Is The Mark On Some People's Forehead A Sign Of Iman? / Dress Code Of Muslim Women and Men / Ages Of Animals That Can Be Used For Eid Sacrifice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.