Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,545 members, 7,809,001 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:54 PM

CBN Extends Stamp Duty Collection To Savings Accounts - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / CBN Extends Stamp Duty Collection To Savings Accounts (26495 Views)

Stamp Duty Charges Extended To Savings Account / CBN Extends Support To Skye Bank / CBN Extends BVN To Microfinance Banks, Gives July 31 Deadline (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN Extends Stamp Duty Collection To Savings Accounts by Olusharp(m): 10:48am On Jan 03, 2017
Re: CBN Extends Stamp Duty Collection To Savings Accounts by Nobody: 10:48am On Jan 03, 2017
APC chapter 5 vs 4

And it came to pass that in those days, he that is called the wicked one, buhari, scourged the people with taxes and the people did wail except the Zombilites who worshipped buhari the king as a god unto them and he could do no wrong in their sight even when he increased their burdens a hundredfold

5 Likes

Re: CBN Extends Stamp Duty Collection To Savings Accounts by curvilicious: 10:49am On Jan 03, 2017
They extend to savings account
The last time i checked savings account are supposed to get interest (that are not paid) and don't pay for deposits
Buhari has come with his wahala
Always looking for avenue to raise money using d masses

2 Likes

Re: CBN Extends Stamp Duty Collection To Savings Accounts by Nobody: 10:50am On Jan 03, 2017
Well, I must say this is true. N50 was deducted from my FCMB (allawee) account just hours after the FG paid the December allowance. According to the alert I received, the reason for the deduction was clearly labelled STAMP DUTY CHARGE. angry
Re: CBN Extends Stamp Duty Collection To Savings Accounts by FullDepth1: 10:53am On Jan 03, 2017
50 naira per 1000

X Naira for 5,000,000 becomes?

Stamp duty of 250k ? Huh?

Am I dreaming?

2 Likes

Re: CBN Extends Stamp Duty Collection To Savings Accounts by bettercreature(m): 10:54am On Jan 03, 2017
gambus007:
Way standard chartered bank don dey remove d money for my account embarassed
They deducted 9.800naira from my account this month
They are very good bank but the way they are stealing money is very very bad
Current account maintanance fee! its just sad
And its like that every month,i'll soon long an assault on them on twitter
That is why i like Access Bank,they wont give you interest and wont charge you any how
Re: CBN Extends Stamp Duty Collection To Savings Accounts by Firstboi01(m): 10:56am On Jan 03, 2017
lol
Re: CBN Extends Stamp Duty Collection To Savings Accounts by nigeriancuban: 10:57am On Jan 03, 2017
Some bori leave me to die.......
Re: CBN Extends Stamp Duty Collection To Savings Accounts by Jesusbabygirl(f): 10:57am On Jan 03, 2017
Buhari n his wicked 'helpers' are making it increasingly difficult to believe there is hope or a bright future for Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: CBN Extends Stamp Duty Collection To Savings Accounts by wokemzine: 11:01am On Jan 03, 2017
I now see why people took solace at MMM

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Extends Stamp Duty Collection To Savings Accounts by drss2(m): 11:01am On Jan 03, 2017
make i kuku withdraw my money n close all my accounts. using nigerian banks is not by force.

1 Like

Re: CBN Extends Stamp Duty Collection To Savings Accounts by 2sexynet: 11:01am On Jan 03, 2017
seXytOhbAd:
To all those who were shouting about buhari fulfilling his promise to pay each poor unemployed youth N50,000... I hope you can see that this government has no feasible plan. They are robbing us literally. It is better for you to keep money in your house cash, than have the government tax N50 from you. Now we don't know of this is annually, or monthly. They should kuku tell us because banks like heritage and keystone can decide to deduct it daily sef lol

Bros, na EVERY deposit o. If I send you 5k, they will take 50Naira. If your mother send you 100k they will take 50 naira. That means those who do business that require multiple deposit will be highly affected. If you are expecting 5k from 20 persons, that is 50 X 20 which is 1000 naira. Imagine millions of deposite happening everyday across all accounts in the country and you can see how this people are fleecing us.

It will not be well with Tinubu.

1 Like

Re: CBN Extends Stamp Duty Collection To Savings Accounts by Firefire(m): 11:02am On Jan 03, 2017
High level corruption currently going on under Mohomodu Buhary.

- No Transparency

- No Accountability

- No single sense of reasoning for the poor masses

- No single sense of responsibility for the CHANGE chanters.

Posterity will judge ALL those who brought these pains on Nigerians. angry

3 Likes

Re: CBN Extends Stamp Duty Collection To Savings Accounts by kevoh(m): 11:03am On Jan 03, 2017
bettercreature:
They deducted 9.800naira from my account this month
They are very good bank but the way they are stealing money is very very bad
Current account maintanance fee! its just sad
And its like that every month,i'll soon long an assault on them on twitter
That is why i like Access Bank,they wont give you interest and wont charge you any how
Access bank gives interest oo but you will have to do the impossible by not withdrawing more than once from that account smiley in a month. Good luck to anyone trying that in this recession!
Re: CBN Extends Stamp Duty Collection To Savings Accounts by Firefire(m): 11:05am On Jan 03, 2017
2sexynet:

Bros, na EVERY deposit o. If I send you 5k, they will take 50Naira. If your mother send you 100k they will take 50 naira. That means those who do business that require multiple deposit will be highly affected. If you are expecting 5k from 20 persons, that is 50 X 20 which is 1000 naira. Imagine millions of deposite happening everyday across all accounts in the country and you can see how this people are fleecing us.

Amen! and to everyone who had a thumb in this wicked government.

1 Like

Re: CBN Extends Stamp Duty Collection To Savings Accounts by wokemzine: 11:05am On Jan 03, 2017
FullDepth1:
50 naira per 1000

Am I dreaming?

I guess its 1000 & above will be just N50

2 Likes

Re: CBN Extends Stamp Duty Collection To Savings Accounts by bettercreature(m): 11:07am On Jan 03, 2017
kevoh:

Access bank gives interest oo but you will have to do the impossible by not withdrawing more than once from that account smiley in a month. Good luck to anyone trying that in this recession!
For the past 10years i have never recieved a cent from them not even when they were intercontinental bank,they always send me my account balance every month without adding or removing a cent and there are times i might not withdraw for 6-8 months
Re: CBN Extends Stamp Duty Collection To Savings Accounts by charlesucheh(m): 11:09am On Jan 03, 2017
In Hitler's Voice; " WUH ZE FCK"... this is a Big oooOps for those who always beg for a thousand box from their relations because these relations will have to always attach 50naira to every deposit they make, Lest their beneficiaries with zero account balance are bound to see only alerts of just 950 box! Han! Han! Not cool!

1 Like

Re: CBN Extends Stamp Duty Collection To Savings Accounts by bigtt76(f): 11:10am On Jan 03, 2017
Nooo! Anytime you get a deposit from 1000 upwards, you pay 50 naira NOT on every 1000 grin

FullDepth1:
50 naira per 1000

Am I dreaming?

2 Likes

Re: CBN Extends Stamp Duty Collection To Savings Accounts by chemali: 11:12am On Jan 03, 2017
This is irresponsible journalism. CBN released a circular specifying collection from current accounts. Any collection outside current accounts should be deemed illegal and clarifications sought from CBN. CBN did not release any circular extending this to savings account. Banks doing so are being ridiculous. The bank accounts I operate have not being charged stamp duty

1 Like

Re: CBN Extends Stamp Duty Collection To Savings Accounts by Miles300: 11:16am On Jan 03, 2017
They keep imposing taxes on the masses , but they haven't for once try to reduce salaries for the national and house of assembly , to that of every top civil servants to ministers .. Why must the people be the one to suffer all of this shit ....... Wat reasonable thing have they done with the ones collected last year

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CBN Extends Stamp Duty Collection To Savings Accounts by freezy(m): 11:16am On Jan 03, 2017
chemali:
This is irresponsible journalism. CBN released a circular specifying collection from current accounts. Any collection outside current accounts should be deemed illegal and clarifications sought from CBN. CBN did not release any circular extending this to savings account. Banks doing so are being ridiculous. The bank accounts I operate have not being charged stamp duty

Finally!

Someone with sense.

Absolute blabberdash from punch.

Unbelievable.

1 Like

Re: CBN Extends Stamp Duty Collection To Savings Accounts by PIPPROF(m): 11:19am On Jan 03, 2017
first bullet of the year 2016

more to come from da dollard

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CBN Extends Stamp Duty Collection To Savings Accounts by olenyi: 11:25am On Jan 03, 2017
Realdeals:
What have they done with last year collections, nothing was said about it.
This report is another sensational story from Punch Newspapers, there was no official statement from CBN and they fail to mention a bank deducting the charges on savings account, I have 3 savings account in 3 banks and nothing like that happens on them.

you are not exactly being honest. the deductions has been going on with savings account even as of september/october last year. remember its for deposits by third party, not self.
Re: CBN Extends Stamp Duty Collection To Savings Accounts by Nobody: 11:26am On Jan 03, 2017
U spoke so well but dt last statement was awful angry
2sexynet:

1 Like

Re: CBN Extends Stamp Duty Collection To Savings Accounts by alexiej(m): 11:29am On Jan 03, 2017
The sort of hatred that welled up in me for Nigeria right now ehn, I'm not sure the sort of slap I can give the CBN gov, Buhari and all of them, in anger.
Re: CBN Extends Stamp Duty Collection To Savings Accounts by Realdeals(m): 11:30am On Jan 03, 2017
olenyi:

you are not exactly being honest. the deductions has been going on with savings account even as of september/october last year. remember its for deposits by third party, not self.

Which bank is that? It has never occur on my savings account with GTB and UBA, people still transfer funds to my savings as at 29th Dec. last year and nothing of such happens.
Re: CBN Extends Stamp Duty Collection To Savings Accounts by fixedhollies(m): 11:31am On Jan 03, 2017
Stop using banks
Re: CBN Extends Stamp Duty Collection To Savings Accounts by alexiej(m): 11:33am On Jan 03, 2017
2sexynet:

It CANNOT be well with all the leaders of Nigeria that are making life difficult for people. Buhari, CBN governor, Aregbesola of Osun, Ajimobi of Oyo, APC, ALLLLL of them!
Re: CBN Extends Stamp Duty Collection To Savings Accounts by drnoel: 11:33am On Jan 03, 2017
SalC:
Just say they extend their stealing to savings accounts too.
Best way to save money now is to dig a hole and put it inside the ground

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CBN Extends Stamp Duty Collection To Savings Accounts by PIPPROF(m): 11:34am On Jan 03, 2017
wokemzine:
I now see why people took solace at MMM

grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Has My Access Bank Account Been Hacked? / Naira To Appreciate, Settle At N600/$1 In Coming Months, Says JP Morgan / 7 Strong Reasons You Should Start A Business In Your Twenties.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.