Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,640 members, 7,801,860 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:31 AM

Annual Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Quiz Competition (scholarship) - Maiden Ed. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Annual Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Quiz Competition (scholarship) - Maiden Ed. (25730 Views)

Annual Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Quiz Competition (scholarship)- 3rd Edition / Annual Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Quiz Competition (scholarship)- 2nd Edition / Cash Prizes Sent To Winners Of The Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Scholarship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Go Down)

Annual Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Quiz Competition (scholarship) - Maiden Ed. by xfire: 8:02am On Jan 03, 2017
Good morning y'all and happy new year!

Let me give a brief introduction about myself before moving to the main subject matter. My name is xfire and I have dedicated most of my activities on Nairaland into guiding and enlightening young students & graduates based largely from my own experiences both in and out of school (though I have been low key for a while now). You can view my Nairaland profile to see my past threads and posts on Nairaland for further insight. You can also view my past articles on jarushub.com

As part of contributions towards giving back to the society that has benefited me, I will be starting an annual quiz / scholarship award for Nairaland undergraduates to be sustained annually for now, with 2017 being the maiden year. The quiz will be in form of an online aptitude test to be administered to interested and qualified participants.

The Top 3 students from the online test results will be announced here and the cash awards will be given as follows:

Winner: N50, 000

1st Runner up: N30, 000

2nd Runner up: N20, 000

A cash prize of N5, 000 each will be given to the 4th and 5th best as consolation.

I will also appreciate if I can have a diligent student volunteer that will assist in designing the electronic award certificate and also ACTIVELY support me in the general coordination of the whole exercise. The volunteer student will be rewarded with a token after the whole exercise as he/she will be excluded from participating in the scholarship exercise. If you are willing to assist, please send me a mail on xfire2014@gmail.com not later than tomorrow.

Criteria for Participation:
(1) Must a Nairaland Member with account registered not later than 30th June, 2016.
(2) Must have made a minimum of 7 posts (with no rules broken) in the Education section in 2016.
(3) Must be an Nigerian undergraduate in any tertiary institution in Nigeria but not in final year. Final year students are excluded.

If you meet all the criteria and you are interested, just signify interest by stating your email address, institution, level & course of study on this thread.

Since this is the maiden edition and I will be the main person overseeing this effort for 2017, the exercise will limited to the first 60 students that signify interest and meet the criteria stated above. All shortlisted participants will be posted here once the cut-off limit (60) is reached.

Hopefully, I will be less involved in subsequent editions which means more participants can be involved and more prizes may be given out.

Plan is to conclude the whole exercise by January ending. You can post an enquiry here. More information will provided as the day goes by.

Cheers....

xfire

Cc Seun, Nairaland owner, lalasticlala

Cc Education mods

49 Likes 29 Shares

Re: Annual Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Quiz Competition (scholarship) - Maiden Ed. by xfire: 8:03am On Jan 03, 2017
The space is reserved to pass across any information.

If you meet criteria 1 & 3, and you are interested, just signify interest by stating your email address, institution, level & course of study on this thread. Registration closes on Monday 9th January by 10pm..

Please not that criteria 2 (having at least 7 posts on the Nairaland Education section) has been waived. Interested students can now apply once they meet criteria 1 and 3.

UPDATE: dejt4u and Odunharry have been assigned coordinators for this programme and are authorized to pass information and speak/respond to enquiries on all issues or activities concerning this programme.

UPDATE: Thanks for all the mails received in respect to my request for a volunteer / coordinator. Kindly note that 2 coordinators (dejt4u and Odunharry) have been selected and the opening is now closed. All other assistance in coordinating will be managed by the moderators.

UPDATE: Due to the high demand of participants signifying interest to participate, application is now open till Monday 9th January, 2017.

Time-table is as follows:

SCHEDULE

1) Registration: Tuesday 3/1/2017 to Monday 9/1/17 (10 pm)

2) List of shortlisted candidates for online assessment: Wednesday 11/1/2017 by noon.

3)Online assessment: Saturday 14/1/2017

4)Announcement of results and award ceremony: 16/1/2017

xfire

11 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Annual Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Quiz Competition (scholarship) - Maiden Ed. by Dfavouredone: 8:53am On Jan 03, 2017
Good one. Kudos bro and God bless.

1 Like

Re: Annual Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Quiz Competition (scholarship) - Maiden Ed. by opella(f): 8:58am On Jan 03, 2017
Nice one Sir Xfire, your threads have helped a lot of people including me. Thanks for giving back to the society.

3 Likes

Re: Annual Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Quiz Competition (scholarship) - Maiden Ed. by promisechild(m): 9:00am On Jan 03, 2017
School- Kogi State University, Anyigba.
Course- Philosophy
Level- 300
Email- promisedfinest@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: Annual Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Quiz Competition (scholarship) - Maiden Ed. by Jamzig1(m): 9:11am On Jan 03, 2017
E-mail: ozigij@gmail.com
Institution: Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta (FUNAAB)
Course: Physics
Level: 300

1 Like

Re: Annual Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Quiz Competition (scholarship) - Maiden Ed. by Elthugnificent(m): 9:13am On Jan 03, 2017
This is very commendable, a great and better you boss.

1 Like

Re: Annual Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Quiz Competition (scholarship) - Maiden Ed. by balog01: 9:13am On Jan 03, 2017
email-balogunope70@gmail school-obafemi awolowo university level- 200 course- mechanical engineering
Re: Annual Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Quiz Competition (scholarship) - Maiden Ed. by Eli360(m): 9:34am On Jan 03, 2017
Email :elishakuje03@gmail.com
Institution :university of Jos
Course : Pure and Applied Chemistry
Level:300

1 Like

Re: Annual Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Quiz Competition (scholarship) - Maiden Ed. by Drniyi4u(m): 10:38am On Jan 03, 2017
Email....drniyi4u@gmail.com

Institution...Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife

Level....400

Course....computer engineering
Re: Annual Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Quiz Competition (scholarship) - Maiden Ed. by Nobody: 10:39am On Jan 03, 2017
Institution: Ladoke Akintola University of Technology, LAUTECH, Ogbomoso
Level: 200L
Course: Computer Engineering
Email: olaniyankafayat5@gmail.com

3 Likes

Re: Annual Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Quiz Competition (scholarship) - Maiden Ed. by ExcessKJ(m): 10:45am On Jan 03, 2017
Institution : Ekiti State University
Email address : aladelokunfrancis@gmail.com
Course of study : Medicine And Surgery
Level : 300
Re: Annual Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Quiz Competition (scholarship) - Maiden Ed. by Odunharry(m): 10:53am On Jan 03, 2017
Let's go there..

Xfire how can i help / support?
Re: Annual Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Quiz Competition (scholarship) - Maiden Ed. by Odunharry(m): 11:03am On Jan 03, 2017
Berbierklaus, Fynestboi make una come apply.
Re: Annual Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Quiz Competition (scholarship) - Maiden Ed. by skimarvel: 11:06am On Jan 03, 2017
email-marvellousolusegun@yahoo.com institution -University of Lagos level-400 course of study -Medical Radiography

1 Like

Re: Annual Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Quiz Competition (scholarship) - Maiden Ed. by xfire: 11:07am On Jan 03, 2017
opella:
Nice one Sir Xfire, your threads have helped a lot of people including me. Thanks for giving back to the society.
Dfavouredone:
Good one. Kudos bro and God bless.
Thanks my man. Happy new year
Re: Annual Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Quiz Competition (scholarship) - Maiden Ed. by xfire: 11:11am On Jan 03, 2017
Odunharry:
Let's go there..

Xfire how can i help / support?
Odun, Good to have you. You can be my volunteer / coordinator
Send me an email on xfire2014@gmail.com so that we can discuss. For now, i will need help to compile the entries that are still coming in. We will discuss more offline.
Re: Annual Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Quiz Competition (scholarship) - Maiden Ed. by dejt4u(m): 11:13am On Jan 03, 2017
xfire:

Send me an email on xfire2014@gmail.com so that we can discuss. For now, i will need help to compile the entries that are still coming in. We will discuss more offline.

i want to apply too. Will send a mail.. Bros Odun, My Senior Corper in Kwara, how una dey..lol?
Re: Annual Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Quiz Competition (scholarship) - Maiden Ed. by misspicy(f): 11:21am On Jan 03, 2017
Odunharry:
Berbierklaus, Fynestboi make una come apply.
Okay.
Thanks for calling me
Lemme go thru the thread.
Berbierklaus have been banned grin
Re: Annual Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Quiz Competition (scholarship) - Maiden Ed. by Odunharry(m): 11:22am On Jan 03, 2017
xfire:

OK.. sent already..
Re: Annual Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Quiz Competition (scholarship) - Maiden Ed. by misspicy(f): 11:25am On Jan 03, 2017
Misspicy12@gmail.com
University of Ilorin. 200l Food science smiley
Re: Annual Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Quiz Competition (scholarship) - Maiden Ed. by wroskian(m): 11:41am On Jan 03, 2017
Nice gesture Xfire smiley It's being a while Bro, happy new year. Let me know if I can be of assistance (pro bono) in anyway. CHEERS!!!

Btw, is Darrellrivers still on Nairaland?
Re: Annual Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Quiz Competition (scholarship) - Maiden Ed. by xfire: 12:13pm On Jan 03, 2017
@dejt4u and @Odunharry

I have responded. Please read carefully and reply back.
Re: Annual Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Quiz Competition (scholarship) - Maiden Ed. by Odunharry(m): 1:01pm On Jan 03, 2017
xfire:
@dejt4u and @Odunharry
Replied
Re: Annual Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Quiz Competition (scholarship) - Maiden Ed. by Odunharry(m): 1:02pm On Jan 03, 2017
dejt4u:
i want to apply too. Will send a mail.. Bros Odun, My Senior Corper in Kwara, how una dey..lol?
Boss i hail you.
Re: Annual Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Quiz Competition (scholarship) - Maiden Ed. by dejt4u(m): 1:16pm On Jan 03, 2017
xfire:
@dejt4u and @Odunharry
replied. Thanks
Re: Annual Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Quiz Competition (scholarship) - Maiden Ed. by Raphael9(m): 2:46pm On Jan 03, 2017
Essesonahmed@yahoo.com university of lagos pharmacology. 200l

1 Like

Re: Annual Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Quiz Competition (scholarship) - Maiden Ed. by Umartins1(m): 2:55pm On Jan 03, 2017
Ugwumartins@gmail.com
University of Lagos, Akoka-Yaba, Lagos.
Economics
200level.
Re: Annual Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Quiz Competition (scholarship) - Maiden Ed. by timbex96(m): 3:42pm On Jan 03, 2017
If you reconsider criteria 2
Seke_005@yahoo.com
400 level
Federal university of technology
Applied geophysics
Agunbiade oluwatimilehin
Re: Annual Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Quiz Competition (scholarship) - Maiden Ed. by Omonoba1: 3:45pm On Jan 03, 2017
Sagacious18@gmail.com
University of Benin
Dentistry and Dental Surgery
400level
Re: Annual Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Quiz Competition (scholarship) - Maiden Ed. by rioemmanuel(m): 4:54pm On Jan 03, 2017
Email: rioemmanuel1@yahoo.com

Institution: University of Ilorin

Course: Geology and Mineral Science

Level: 200

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16)

Unilag Freshers Seen Climbing Wall To Undergo Their Mandatory Drug Test. / N1m For Business Or Free Education: Which One Will You Choose? / Enuseh Lawi: Female Student Dies In Taraba State University Hostel Fire (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.