Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,698 members, 7,802,059 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:32 AM

Guardiola Regrets Starting Iheanacho Against Burnley - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Guardiola Regrets Starting Iheanacho Against Burnley (46101 Views)

5-0 Defeat: Puel Blamed For Not Starting Iheanacho / Klavan Strike Gives Liverpool Victory Against Burnley / Coutinho Ready To Start Against Burnley (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Guardiola Regrets Starting Iheanacho Against Burnley by ddippset(m): 6:39am On Jan 04, 2017
LesbianBoy:
Over-hyped coach! If it was in barca or bayern, by now he would have won the league already! rubbish!

"Special one" is far better!

I am so happy he fell for our "trap" by listening to we "haters" who told him to come to EPL to prove himself!

He (Guardiola) will go trophyless this season!

Btw...How I wish messi will also fall for our "trap" and come to england. Lemme see whether he will win all the trophies like he is doing at barcelona grin grin
so you mean real Madrid is such a useless team? The same real Madrid pep was tearing up in LA liga would beat every single EPL team home and away. His epl career is just starting and dont be surprised if pep gets to win 3 of the next 5 epl titles. By the way Messi would anahilate every single one of em like he does season after season in the champions league. If little and lazy players like fabregas, mata, David Silva, Diego Costa, aguero, pedro can perform better in England than in Spain then EPL would be a piece of cake for messi. Stop overhyping that kick and rush league abeg. Even ozil and Alexis Sanchez who were just above average in LA liga are tearing up the EPL with fine performances. Then messi? Pleeeeeease!

5 Likes

Re: Guardiola Regrets Starting Iheanacho Against Burnley by toprealman: 6:43am On Jan 04, 2017
LesbianBoy:
Over-hyped coach! If it was in barca or bayern, by now he would have won the league already! rubbish!

I am so happy he fell for our "trap" by listening to we "haters" who told him to come to EPL to prove himself!

Btw...How I wish messi will also fall for our "trap" and come to england. Lemme see whether he will win all the trophies like he is doing at barcelona grin grin
Special one better? I tell you who is best....coach a relegated team, set championship on fire, bring them back on at premier league! Benitez is his name, doing marvelous things at Newcastle.
Besides Pep should either sell or loan him out if he thinks the "young" lad is surplus to requirement. He is full of himself. Imagine how he almost killed Yaya's career due to incompetency..... now Kelechi is feeling the heat. Those words will affect any upcoming players confidence.
Re: Guardiola Regrets Starting Iheanacho Against Burnley by Okeikpu(m): 6:53am On Jan 04, 2017
Icon79:
This is a fecking lie. I watched the post match interview. Pep did NOT say anything about Iheanacho at all.

The man was more concerned about the tendency of the English refs to give red cards to his team.

Who's writing all these nonsense anyway
Op na afonja lipsrsealed
Re: Guardiola Regrets Starting Iheanacho Against Burnley by Nobody: 7:03am On Jan 04, 2017
LesbianBoy:

guy

Re: Guardiola Regrets Starting Iheanacho Against Burnley by dotedote: 7:38am On Jan 04, 2017
I perceive a chelshi rat

LesbianBoy:

Re: Guardiola Regrets Starting Iheanacho Against Burnley by Decapo: 7:58am On Jan 04, 2017
nwamehn:

Lol. Guy, which kind average coach carries 20 trophies including two champions league trophies within seven years?
He has all the best players in Barcelona let him continue that now in England...I bet he won't even finish top 4 this season...he his just a useless piece of sh!t...when he was in Bayern why didn't he lift the champions league? The dude is just a failure
Re: Guardiola Regrets Starting Iheanacho Against Burnley by ericmor: 8:01am On Jan 04, 2017
Segadem:
EPL?
No bearing?

Yes. That is how it is Sir/ma bcs u never can tell who will win the league and that is why Leicester could come from league one to win d league. Is noonger in the era of Ferguson when u can easily predict that man u will win the league even before they start
Re: Guardiola Regrets Starting Iheanacho Against Burnley by ericmor: 8:04am On Jan 04, 2017
Decapo:

He has all the best players in Barcelona let him continue that now in England...I bet he won't even finish top 4 this season...he his just a useless piece of sh!t...when he was in Bayern why didn't he lift the champions league? The dude is just a failure

Smh. This is just a real comment hater of success
Re: Guardiola Regrets Starting Iheanacho Against Burnley by Decapo: 8:05am On Jan 04, 2017
ericmor:

Smh. This is just a real comment hater of success
peace
Re: Guardiola Regrets Starting Iheanacho Against Burnley by ericmor: 8:08am On Jan 04, 2017
ddippset:
so you mean real Madrid is such a useless team? The same real Madrid pep was tearing up in LA liga would beat every single EPL team home and away. His epl career is just starting and dont be surprised if pep gets to win 3 of the next 5 epl titles. By the way Messi would anahilate every single one of em like he does season after season in the champions league. If little and lazy players like fabregas, mata, David Silva, Diego Costa, aguero, pedro can perform better in England than in Spain then EPL would be a piece of cake for messi. Stop overhyping that kick and rush league abeg. Even ozil and Alexis Sanchez who were just above average in LA liga are tearing up the EPL with fine performances. Then messi? Pleeeeeease!

They are all haters

2 Likes

Re: Guardiola Regrets Starting Iheanacho Against Burnley by Nobody: 8:14am On Jan 04, 2017
LesbianBoy:

spot on!

like I have always maintained the EPL is no mans league, if you think you are too good the EPL will teach you how to be humble. this mr Pep thinks English league is like the bundesliga where all other teams go to sleep and allow one team to get all d maximum points eh, well he never chi chumtin.
I and my brothers have been having a good hard laugh at him lately.
Re: Guardiola Regrets Starting Iheanacho Against Burnley by ericmor: 8:19am On Jan 04, 2017
Biospnx:
i swear me sef happy as e fall enter d trap

Nothing is wrong with gadiola performance bcs so far so good he is doing well. He is trying to move his coaching carear over the world n its EPL turn

1 Like

Re: Guardiola Regrets Starting Iheanacho Against Burnley by Noblesoul123: 8:57am On Jan 04, 2017
blackestboy:
This has gotten very boring... have sense
Sense?

Re: Guardiola Regrets Starting Iheanacho Against Burnley by nwamehn: 11:07am On Jan 04, 2017
Decapo:

Yea, u ar right, he had the best players at Barca but it's not easy to have those players and win those trophies he won, after all, some coaches had those players yet couldn't win anything. I know that he can still continue his fine run in England and I strongly believe he will make top four, also do not be surprised if he ends up lifting the champions league this season.
Boss, not lifting the champions league in three years isn't enough to conclude he is a failure after all so many coaches in Madrid, Man United, Arsenal, Barca, Milan etc had stayed more than three years in their respective clubs without lifting the champions league, yet they ar good coaches.

1 Like

Re: Guardiola Regrets Starting Iheanacho Against Burnley by nwamehn: 11:18am On Jan 04, 2017
mrdashing10:
Baba, give Swansea Messi, Suarez, Neymar, Rakitic, Denis Suarez and Kolo Toure as manager, they will lift Epl. Those players are consistent. There's nothing special bou Pep lifting so many trophies at Barcelona, he had a team.

If Kolo Toure is the manager of Swansea, and Swansea has Messi, Suarez, Neymar, Rakitic, Denis Suarez etc and Kolo Toure uses Swansea to carry 14 trophies including three LA liga titles and two champions league trophies in just four years and he resigns and goes to Bayern and carries extra six trophies including Bundesliga three straight times, then Kolo Toure is certainly not an average coach.

2 Likes

Re: Guardiola Regrets Starting Iheanacho Against Burnley by bizhop01: 11:20am On Jan 04, 2017
This is not spain that you win matches so easy as abc
Re: Guardiola Regrets Starting Iheanacho Against Burnley by chrissy3(m): 11:29am On Jan 04, 2017
Guardiola is a good coach but not an exceptional coach. Guardiola has the standard tiki Tama formation methods he learnt from cruyff and he constantly needs exceptional players if not he can't function but unfortunately exceptional players are extremely rare . Apart from modric now , you can't find a midfielders as good as Xavi and iniesta cause those type of players come out once in 15-20years and in very few numbers so you're left with normal good players like every other coach has got also. If you want to know exceptional coaches, you look at how they make use of whatever resource at their disposal to succeed. Liverpool don't have the best players every and heck their defense is terrible and their midfield have got average good players but klop is teaching them how to cloak their weakness and expand their strength of which a good example is Henderson.
Guardiola took over from rijkaard and I see post here saying barca went two season trophyless but they forget same rijkaard when he 1st came baca was languishing in 14th place without even Europa cup but rijkaard turned their fortune around and won the champions league and laliga trophies. Even Ferguson went 2years trophyless from 2003-2006.
Guardiola doesn't realize that to excell in premier league you must be agressive .Look at Chelsea and liverpool ,the aggression is what makes them tick and you can see teams like arsenal haven't won the league for ages simply because Wenger's teams are too light and void of aggression.

1 Like

Re: Guardiola Regrets Starting Iheanacho Against Burnley by Biospnx(m): 11:41am On Jan 04, 2017
ericmor:

Nothing is wrong with gadiola performance bcs so far so good he is doing well. He is trying to move his coaching carear over the world n its EPL turn
too bad but mancini n pellegrini performce was better.. Perhaps u don't know, hez spent 170,000£ in d summer
Re: Guardiola Regrets Starting Iheanacho Against Burnley by obongtunji: 11:43am On Jan 04, 2017
Segadem:
[i]
...abi how can u explain this? You call yourself a best driver in the world and u bought buggati or Ferrari and u give me 1986 Toyota model to compete in the same race with someone who has buggatti or Ferrari
...and after the race u won and you now call yourself the best driver in the world, No, you are not, you just have the priveledge to have good materials which I didn't [i]

God bless you sir, you have summarised my point. This paragraph is the best answer I've seen in this thread.

1 Like

Re: Guardiola Regrets Starting Iheanacho Against Burnley by Segadem(m): 11:49am On Jan 04, 2017
chrissy3:
Guardiola is a good coach but not an exceptional coach. Guardiola has the standard tiki Tama formation methods he learnt from cruyff and he constantly needs exceptional players if not he can't function but unfortunately exceptional players are extremely rare . Apart from modric now , you can't find a midfielders as good as Xavi and iniesta cause those type of players come out once in 15-20years and in very few numbers so you're left with normal good players like every other coach has got also. If you want to know exceptional coaches, you look at how they make use of whatever resource at their disposal to succeed. Liverpool don't have the best players every and heck their defense is terrible and their midfield have got average good players but klop is teaching them how to cloak their weakness and expand their strength of which a good example is Henderson.
Guardiola took over from rijkaard and I see post here saying barca went two season trophyless but they forget same rijkaard when he 1st came baca was languishing in 14th place without even Europa cup but rijkaard turned their fortune around and won the champions league and laliga trophies. Even Ferguson went 2years trophyless from 2003-2006.
Guardiola doesn't realize that to excell in premier league you must be agressive .Look at Chelsea and liverpool ,the aggression is what makes them tick and you can see teams like arsenal haven't won the league for ages simply because Wenger's teams are too light and void of aggression.
God bless u, that's what people fail to realise, he's is a good coach but not an exceptional one
Re: Guardiola Regrets Starting Iheanacho Against Burnley by chrissy3(m): 11:55am On Jan 04, 2017
If you notice when huynked bayern beat guardiola bayern by for goals ,Madrid hammer bayern 4 goal ,Holland choke Spain 5, you would notice that all these teams made use of gegen pressing to counter guardiola 's ball playing keeper build up from the back and effectively halting that possession game . The key to choking guardiola is to choke his keeper and defenders to submission because he uses the keep to play and that indirectly gives you falls red card meaning he has 11 outfield players to your 10. Notice how neur became a sweeper keeper that's always out of his. 18 yard box because he's also an outfield player. Then again notice how dominant man city were in the 1st half against man utd but when mourinho came out to play ,he had to remove a striker I think iheanacho and brought Fernando in other to cope . Guardiola doesn't know anything about any other way to play other than this his style and since he's been compromised, he can't adapt and change his style .
The hallmark of a good coach is adapting and flexibility of style that effectively gives you a path way to success. I see an exceptional coach in eddy howw cause in five season he brought bourmouth from league 2 or 3 (I'm not sure which ) to the premier league and on top of that they survived being relegated in their 1st season and in the second he's meeting his target which is to finish in the top half of the table. I must say bournmouth are the only small team I always look out to watch cause they are very entertaining and even souhampton .Notice how rubbish premier league small side play (palace,watford,etc) they are so painful to watch . Guardiola is a good coach but nothing special about him .
Truth is premier league is a test zone to see how good you are.Notice how ronaldo scored 30goals in the premier and then went to Spain and scored almost twice that number and the same with suarez. The thing is when teams like granada ,betis,gijon exist you would see why in Spain you would have upto 8players scoring above 20goals in the league. All those league defenses are complete disasters and trust me if Harry Kane goes to spain thesame would happen.
Re: Guardiola Regrets Starting Iheanacho Against Burnley by chrissy3(m): 11:59am On Jan 04, 2017
ddippset:
Ozil was the number one assist player in Europe through out his 3years in Madrid and to you he was average and costa, aguero didn't tear laliga apart right? Like DAVID Silva of 23year who was still developing wasn't tormenting defenses in laliga ? And fabregas who's not as good as Xavi and iniesta should go and bench them? Nigga please. Your points doesn't prove anything .
Re: Guardiola Regrets Starting Iheanacho Against Burnley by nwamehn: 12:08pm On Jan 04, 2017
Segadem:
[b][i] let me give my own defination of my exceptional coach, Ferguson and wenger( though I'm a Chelsea fan)
Are u surprised? Yes don't be surprised
For like ten years and above Wenger had low budget for transfer window and atimes he uses some of the academic boys in his team yet he never go out of top4,
How much is the value of messi ? How much is the value of CR7, bale neymar, Suarez, just to mention but a few
These kind of players can not be in your team without winning a trophy per season, the wages of these players can even buy another team

I remember last season when man u played against Mk dons and they were beaten and some analysts say the wages of Rooney alone can pay the entire team

So my own defination of an exceptional coach is manage a low budget team, and win something big

...abi how can u explain this? You call yourself a best driver in the world and u bought buggati or Ferrari and u give me 1986 Toyota model to compete in the same race with someone who has buggatti or Ferrari
...and after the race u won and you now call yourself the best driver in the world, No, you are not, you just have the priveledge to have good materials which I didn't [i]
[/b]

OK, u define exceptional coach as a coach that manages low budget team and wins something big, let me discount FA cups, super cups, charity cups etc and assume that the something big u mean is what we have been discussing here since which is either premier league or champions league. Wenger stays 20years in Arsenal with a low budget and wins only three premier league titles which translates to winning one premier league title in six to seven years. Do u also group Wenger as exceptional coach if he managed low budget team but was only able to win something big once in six years? If yes, then other examples of exceptional coaches would be Kenny Dalglish, Claudio Rianeri, Rafael Benitez, Jose Mourinho, etc and not Alex Ferguson.
2. Go check the salaries of the men that played under Ferguson in Man U and u realise he didn't have any low budget team then. Check Rooney, Vidic, Ferdinand, Young, Van Persie, Ronaldo and so many of them including the old players, comparing their salaries with the salaries of other players in Europe then, u realise the man didn't have a low budget. Man United had always been the club that paid players biggest wages in England till Man City and Chelsea emerged to compete with them and Man City and Chelsea haven't even been able to entirely out-pay them since. So, Ferguson as an example doesn't fit into ur definition of exceptional coaches.
Do u sincerely agree that Kenny Dalglish, Claudio Rianeri, Rafa Benitez, Wenger are exceptional coaches and Guardiola isn't?

1 Like

Re: Guardiola Regrets Starting Iheanacho Against Burnley by ddippset(m): 12:18pm On Jan 04, 2017
chrissy3:
Ozil was the number one assist player in Europe through out his 3years in Madrid and to you he was average and costa, aguero didn't tear laliga apart right? Like DAVID Silva of 23year who was still developing wasn't tormenting defenses in laliga ? And fabregas who's not as good as Xavi and iniesta should go and bench them? Nigga please. Your points doesn't prove anything .
your post has got length but no substance. Bar injuries ozil is shunning in the EPL, more than LA liga. Yes Costa and aguero where just above average in LA liga, today they are tearing apart the very very very very very difficult EPL. 23 yr old Silva still developing? How can a 23 year old be developing. Great players win ballon dor at 23. Nor be only developing. No one is saying fabregas should bench anybody, he had good game time at barca, he was just above average. At arsenal he was a world class young footballer, at Chelsea he is playing great football. Just quit with that myth that messi would not do well in the EPL, it's sillly, definitely silly.

1 Like

Re: Guardiola Regrets Starting Iheanacho Against Burnley by enomakos(m): 12:27pm On Jan 04, 2017
He did't mention iheanacho

1 Like

Re: Guardiola Regrets Starting Iheanacho Against Burnley by nwamehn: 12:31pm On Jan 04, 2017
chrissy3:
If you notice when huynked bayern beat guardiola bayern by for goals ,Madrid hammer bayern 4 goal ,Holland choke Spain 5, you would notice that all these teams made use of gegen pressing to counter guardiola 's ball playing keeper build up from the back and effectively halting that possession game . The key to choking guardiola is to choke his keeper and defenders to submission because he uses the keep to play and that indirectly gives you falls red card meaning he has 11 outfield players to your 10. Notice how neur became a sweeper keeper that's always out of his. 18 yard box because he's also an outfield player. Then again notice how dominant man city were in the 1st half against man utd but when mourinho came out to play ,he had to remove a striker I think iheanacho and brought Fernando in other to cope . Guardiola doesn't know anything about any other way to play other than this his style and since he's been compromised, he can't adapt and change his style .
The hallmark of a good coach is adapting and flexibility of style that effectively gives you a path way to success. I see an exceptional coach in eddy howw cause in five season he brought bourmouth from league 2 or 3 (I'm not sure which ) to the premier league and on top of that they survived being relegated in their 1st season and in the second he's meeting his target which is to finish in the top half of the table. I must say bournmouth are the only small team I always look out to watch cause they are very entertaining and even souhampton .Notice how rubbish premier league small side play (palace,watford,etc) they are so painful to watch . Guardiola is a good coach but nothing special about him .
Truth is premier league is a test zone to see how good you are.Notice how ronaldo scored 30goals in the premier and then went to Spain and scored almost twice that number and the same with suarez. The thing is when teams like granada ,betis,gijon exist you would see why in Spain you would have upto 8players scoring above 20goals in the league. All those league defenses are complete disasters and trust me if Harry Kane goes to spain thesame would happen.

U might be right in ur analyses since u confirmed he is a good coach, just that u don't believe he is special. But I know that people like u will surely confirm him when he does the same magic in England. But, wait o, when exactly did Hynckes flog Guardiola?

1 Like

Re: Guardiola Regrets Starting Iheanacho Against Burnley by Segadem(m): 12:32pm On Jan 04, 2017
nwamehn:

OK, u define exceptional coach as a coach that manages low budget team and wins something big, let me discount FA cups, super cups, charity cups etc and assume that the something big u mean is what we have been discussing here since which is either premier league or champions league. Wenger stays 20years in Arsenal with a low budget and wins only three premier league titles which translates to winning one premier league title in six to seven years. Do u also group Wenger as exceptional coach if he managed low budget team but was only able to win something big once in six years? If yes, then other examples of exceptional coaches would be Kenny Dalglish, Claudio Rianeri, Rafael Benitez, Jose Mourinho, etc and not Alex Ferguson.
2. Go check the salaries of the men that played under Ferguson in Man U and u realise he didn't have any low budget team then. Check Rooney, Vidic, Ferdinand, Young, Van Persie, Ronaldo and so many of them including the old players, comparing their salaries with the salaries of other players in Europe then, u realise the man didn't have a low budget. Man United had always been the club that paid players biggest wages in England till Man City and Chelsea emerged to compete with them and Man City and Chelsea haven't even been able to entirely out-pay them since. So, Ferguson as an example doesn't fit into ur definition of exceptional coaches.
Do u sincerely agree that Kenny Dalglish, Claudio Rianeri, Rafa Benitez, Wenger are exceptional coaches and Guardiola isn't?
You can't compare the budget of Sir Alex Ferguson with that of barca and real Madrid, in Spain barca and Madrid share almost 50% of total revenue that comes to laliga purse, while the other remaining 18 teams share the left-over, but in england it is not so,

...and uefa financial fair regulation is not helping at all, barca and real Madrid can break the rule to buy any player with exhobitant tag price but if Chelsea or man u abi man city tries it, they will fine them

Now to answer your question, yes Ferguson was an exceptional coach, he won quite numbers of trophies without breaking uefa fanacial fair play regulation like barca and Madrid always do
Re: Guardiola Regrets Starting Iheanacho Against Burnley by chrissy3(m): 12:35pm On Jan 04, 2017
barcaboi:

lol....dat same special one ddnt sign players at both madrid (where he won 1 la liga in 3 yrs) or ull say he ddnt buy pogba for 90mill pounds......or that Ancelotti has made bayern look ordinary since Pep left them....lol....and who says messi won't make a fool of EPL; he does dat at the UCL often....and if mata, silva, yaya, navas, aguero, sanchez, ozil, coutinho, ordinary bellerin, monreal, costa, fabregas....can we pretend they didn't all come from la liga and bossing EPL...Aguero wasn't even top 5goalscorers in la liga even costa....
so in your mind you would say navas of all people is bossing premier league from bench I guess? And a player you buy for 40m (aguero) from laliga is an average player,please remind me how much and where modric suarez ronaldo bale where bought from ? And to you costa was not tearing defense in la liga abi ? And coutinho came to premier League direct from inter Milan when he was I think 20 or 21 and not from laliga (although he played on loan at espanyol when he was 19).Plus to you Busquet's is better than yaya toure abi ? Cause you can't see that guardiola and yaya toure have personal beef .Guy I know you're a baca fan but please get your very good point for agument. Ps aguero was the Third top scorer behind messi and ronaldo the last season he had with athletici Madrid and costa was third top scorer in his last season also .He had 20goals and 27goals respectively.dude what's up na with your downplaying epl na

1 Like

Re: Guardiola Regrets Starting Iheanacho Against Burnley by chrissy3(m): 12:46pm On Jan 04, 2017
nwamehn:

Go and check the state man utd was in when Ferguson took over and check what he left them as .In Ferguson early years he had to trust youth boys who he didn't pay as much(scholes,butt,beckham,gary and Phil neville, giggs etc .The huge pay u see is earned by the players because they didn't start with that pay. Vidic came from unknown partizan belgrade,ronaldo 18year old sporting kid, Rooney didn't earn this much as today ,evra from Monaco ,carrick not this much, etc so dude that why the budget becomes big because the players continue to improve .

1 Like

Re: Guardiola Regrets Starting Iheanacho Against Burnley by chrissy3(m): 12:48pm On Jan 04, 2017
nwamehn:

U might be right in ur analyses since u confirmed he is a good coach, just that u don't believe he is special. But I know that people like u will surely confirm him when he does the same magic in England. But, wait o, when exactly did Hynckes flog Guardiola?
bayern Munich treble winning season home and away 4 goals in each occasion.
Re: Guardiola Regrets Starting Iheanacho Against Burnley by chrissy3(m): 1:01pm On Jan 04, 2017
ddippset:
your post has got length but no substance. Bar injuries ozil is shunning in the EPL, more than LA liga. Yes Costa and aguero where just above average in LA liga, today they are tearing apart the very very very very very difficult EPL. 23 yr old Silva still developing? How can a 23 year old be developing. Great players win ballon dor at 23. Nor be only developing. No one is saying fabregas should bench anybody, he had good game time at barca, he was just above average. At arsenal he was a world class young footballer, at Chelsea he is playing great football. Just quit with that myth that messi would not do well in the EPL, it's sillly, definitely silly.
In football the exceptional players do great things at early age but a host of them reach their full potential from 25-32 .Can you compare a 23year old modric to a 26year old modric ? Or a 23 year old suarez to 26year old suarez ? Whether you agree with it or not ,players still undergo development at the age of 23. Plus so you're saying the most creative midfielder for 3years in the entire Europe was not shinning in laliga ? Hehehe na wa o. Abeg let's stop arguing again my brother .Plus plus I never mentioned messi in any of my post so I don't get where messi is coming in. Messi is the greatest footballer to walk the planet and for the kind of talent he weilds he would succeed even on the moon. But I don't think he would score 50goals in epl like he's doing in laliga like ronaldo achieved 30 so I think he would achieve 30goals also.Laliga defense is terribly weak and with the likes of granada,the top players are sure of 3hatricks at least each season before scoring in other games.

1 Like

Re: Guardiola Regrets Starting Iheanacho Against Burnley by nwamehn: 1:51pm On Jan 04, 2017
Segadem:
You can't compare the budget of Sir Alex Ferguson with that of barca and real Madrid, in Spain barca and Madrid share almost 50% of total revenue that comes to laliga purse, while the other remaining 18 teams share the left-over, but in england it is not so,

...and uefa financial fair regulation is not helping at all, barca and real Madrid can break the rule to buy any player with exhobitant tag price but if Chelsea or man u abi man city tries it, they will fine them

Now to answer your question, yes Ferguson was an exceptional coach, he won quite numbers of trophies without breaking uefa fanacial fair play regulation like barca and Madrid always do

I'm not comparing Madrid and other clubs' budgets, u can still have a high budget but not as high as Madrid's or Barca's. I have given u instances that show that Man United didn't have low budget as u claimed and u now switched to financial fair play (FFP) rules. UEFA FFP rules were only introduced towards the end of Ferguson's career. But that apart, a club can have high budget and yet not break FFP rules. Breaking FFP rules doesn't necessarily mean having high budget, because so many clubs with low budget have been fined by UEFA for breaking FFP rules, eg Malaga, ATMadrid, Rubin Kazan, Fernabahce, Partizan, CSKA Sofia, Inter, Roma etc. So many clubs also have very high budget but ar not breaking FFP rules, this includes PSG under Ancelloti, Juventus, Chelsea, Man United, Milan, Bayern, Barcelona under Rijkaard and Guardiola. The same way u called Ferguson and Wenger exceptional coaches because they won premier league on many occasions without breaking FFP rules, would u also call Allegri of Juventus an exceptional coach because he won serie A two straight times without breaking FFP rules? What of Ancelloti, he never broke FFP rules in Chelsea and PSG and he won trophies just like Ferguson, so would u also call him an exceptional coach? What of Conte? What of Jupp Hynckes? What of Van Gaal? All these were trophy coaches with high budgets, highest in their respective leagues but never broke FFP rules.
If u would call Ferguson an exceptional coach because he had high budget but didn't break FFP rules yet won league titles, then Guardiola is also an exceptional coach because he had high budget in both Barcelona and Bayern, didn't break FFP rules yet won league titles. Ur definition of exceptional coaches must be clear and straight, if we ar talking of trophy coaches with low budget, then Ferguson can never be among them because he had high budget, the highest in the premier league then, but if we ar talking of trophy coaches who never broke UEFA financial fair play rules, then Guardiola is certainly among them cos Barcelona and Bayern never broke FFP rules under him.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Who Poses More Danger: Messi Or Ronaldo? (With Photos) / Lukaku Says He Won't Slide On His Knees To Celebrate Goals Anymore / "Mikel Obi Helps His Family" - Olga Diyachenko

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 128
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.