Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,340 members, 7,780,895 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:23 AM

Phrases That Were Trending On Nairaland Before And After The Year 2016 - Jokes Etc - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Jokes Etc / Phrases That Were Trending On Nairaland Before And After The Year 2016 (1151 Views)

No Reception! This Wedding Invitation is Trending On Social Media / Please Help: Popular Naija Phrases / #9japolice: Hilarious Memes About Nigeria Police Trending On Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Phrases That Were Trending On Nairaland Before And After The Year 2016 by Rockyrascal(m): 12:20am On Jan 04, 2017
As we all know,nairaland is a forum where you get to meet the bad, the good and the ugly. Although a faceless forum which has over 1.4million people visiting everyday,one surely must have a reason to laugh, argue and also share ideas including dissemination of information.
I am actually not that active on nairaland,neither do I comment on topics most of the times I log in to access various piece. But I always notice some words and phrases which are commonly used in different sections of the forum which I will like to list.
Here are phrases that were trending on nairaland before and after the year 2016;
1. "chai" seeing the word alone, puts a smile on your face. The immediate past 1st lady, lady dame jonathan a.k.a mama peace made this word popular amongs members of this forum.
She was actually caught on live T.v lamenting on the problems nigerians up north were facing during her husband's tenure, then the word came "chai,chai there is god ooo" I really missed her comic displays grin

2." here in sambisa" the boko haram actually made this word. "sambisa" popular among nairalanders for the forest was where the boko haram terrorists dwelled in.
It became so common among members of the forum that sentences like this were often made; "here in sambisa we dont do this or we do that". It became so common that others tagged those who were involved in this act as childish and immatured.
3. space bookers grin the phrase "space bookers" is used to tag those who only enters a thread type a word,alphabet or figure and leaves hoping that the topic would hit the frontpage then they come back to modify their posts. This set of people are usually known as the space bookers association of nairaland. cheesy

4. vaseline crew this phrase is normally reffered to those who self service or engages in the act of masturbation.
The words are commonly used by members on a sexual related thread where examples of words like these one's are used to reffer to this set of people; "vaseline crew member spotted", "vaseline crew your food have done", I.e (when a sexual content is posted).

5. afonja I actually first came across this word on nairaland, which Is usually reffered to people who are from the south-west and northern regions in nigeria.
We all are aware nairaland is a forum full of tribalists and different ethnic race, I really don't know why the management of the forum are doing less or nothing about this conflicts,but whichever way, the word "afonja" is Normally used by the south- easterners against the north and western regional members of the forum, I.e "you bloody afonja", "afonja's at it again", "afonja's and betrayal are one" (with the zuma pics) grin e.t.c

6. wailer if you are one who is active in the politics section of the forum, the word "wailer" should sure be used to you. The word is normally used in the process of arguments between members on political issues,though the wailers to my knowledge are mostly the pDp supporters in the forum whose rivals "APC" usually refers to I.e "wailing wailers", wailers will countinue to wail", the wailers have arrived", grin. And so on....I think the politics section is the most intresting and more heated section in the forum.
7. NCAN I don't know what this initials means in full but I am sure it depicts tribal hate. With the rapid growth of tribal e-wars on nairaland,members who are always involved in tribal bashing deviced a way to make fun of each others region and tribe, so the initials (whatever it means) was coined out. To me, it was one of the funniest phrases that was trending on nairaland in 2016 and the words were commonly used by members most active in the politics section. e.g;" NCAN reporting live from so so so and so branch" the people involved actually does this crazy and comic things to bash each other on threads or news relating to any of the regions involved cheesy

8. Za oza room since president muhamadu buhari made this statement in an interview late in th year 2016, it started trending immediately on nairaland. The president was said to have place relevancy on his wife at the other room. Sexual right? That's how most nairaland members finds the word.

9. the money spended was properly spended

You know nigerians, we always react to a lot of things whether relevant or irrelevant. This word or phrase was first used by the present minister of sport mr solomon dalung. I believe he is one of the most disliked ministers by nairaland members for his inexperienced, local and I don't care attitude. The minister actually made an error in his speech,and Today it is still amongst the words that are trending on the forum used to mock and make fun of the red beret minister. cheesy
10 bleeps givers this is the latest one trending on the forum right now, I have actually observed members using some funny picture memes to mean they don't care about irrelevant news or its none of their bussiness. Like " those who gives a f**k went that way.....this is actually my best picture meme of the bleeps givers though cheesy
grin

You can as well add yours

Happy new year nairalanders;

CC lalastic o' lala cheesy

1 Like

Re: Phrases That Were Trending On Nairaland Before And After The Year 2016 by Oblitz(m): 12:24am On Jan 04, 2017
is that all? ✈
Re: Phrases That Were Trending On Nairaland Before And After The Year 2016 by SEMO007(m): 12:25am On Jan 04, 2017
Kkkkk
Re: Phrases That Were Trending On Nairaland Before And After The Year 2016 by bentlywills(m): 1:07am On Jan 04, 2017
NCAN means :Name checkers association of Nairaland/Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Phrases That Were Trending On Nairaland Before And After The Year 2016 by Rockyrascal(m): 1:30am On Jan 04, 2017
bentlywills:
NCAN means :Name checkers association of Nairaland/Nigeria
lol thanks a lot....so this is what Ncan means cheesy
Re: Phrases That Were Trending On Nairaland Before And After The Year 2016 by Olasco93: 2:01am On Jan 04, 2017
Vaseline crew
Cucumber
Za oza room
Who you epp
Ayaff die
Ayam not understanding
NCAN

1 Like

Re: Phrases That Were Trending On Nairaland Before And After The Year 2016 by JohnEazy(m): 8:47am On Jan 04, 2017
Lol

1 Like

Re: Phrases That Were Trending On Nairaland Before And After The Year 2016 by Rockyrascal(m): 8:56am On Jan 04, 2017
Olasco93:
Vaseline crew
Cucumber
lol @cucumber
Re: Phrases That Were Trending On Nairaland Before And After The Year 2016 by ultimate73(m): 12:08pm On Jan 04, 2017
grin
Re: Phrases That Were Trending On Nairaland Before And After The Year 2016 by stylochime: 2:31pm On Jan 04, 2017
Nairaland and funny comments be lyk...
abeg persn should help me wit dat zouma pic abeg

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

When You Blow The Whistle And They Find Nothing / 6 Definite Signs That You're Not Yet A Social Media Addict / He Would Have Killed Them, But This Happened

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.