Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,157 members, 7,807,530 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:48 PM

Fayose: Fg’s N5,000 Payment To The Poor, Mere Propaganda - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fayose: Fg’s N5,000 Payment To The Poor, Mere Propaganda (946 Views)

Buhari’s Policies Are ‘Mere Propaganda’ – Buba Galadima, APC BoT Member / Boko Haram Releases A Propaganda Footage Of Life In Sambisa Forest. Photos / FG’s N5,000 payment to the poor is FAKE – Fayose (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fayose: Fg’s N5,000 Payment To The Poor, Mere Propaganda by Ekiti360(m): 3:13am On Jan 04, 2017
The Ekiti State Governor, Ayodele Fayose, has described the N5,000 the Federal Government said it had started paying to the poor in Nigeria as a mere propaganda and advised it to stop running government and governance on propaganda.

Fayose said: “A blind man will say it is when it gets into my mouth that I will say you are feeding me, not promises.”

The governor, in a statement on Tuesday in Ado-Ekiti by his Chief Press Secretary, Idowu Adelusi, said there was no evidence of the payment in his state, which is one of the states the Federal Government claimed the exercise had started.

He said apparently, the states they claimed have started receiving the payment are All Progressives Congress-controlled states, knowing fully that the governors cannot come out to disprove the payment.

He said the All Progressives Congress government led by President Muhammadu Buhari should come to the reality that Nigerians are hungry and also angry and are no longer interested in empty promises.

He also explained that the people have realized that the APC government only operates by deceit and that Nigerians are running out of patience.

Fayose challenged them to publish the number of people receiving it and the accounts of those receiving

He insisted that the economic policy of the Federal Government ahead of the 2019 elections is on how to entrench themselves in power and not on the welfare of Nigerians.

He condemned the N2 billion to be spent on entertainment alone in the Villa in the 2017 budget.

While calling on the Federal Government to put in place a proper economic team beyond party line in place to salvage the economy of Nigeria, which he said is already on the floor as many businesses have been closed down.

He appealed to the President not to allow Nigerians to die before the so called benefit and “change” comes to bear on them.

He explained the the Federal Government’s social intervention fund was World Bank project partnered by the Nigerian Government and that the money has been paid the World Bank since June last year.

Fayose said in Ekiti State, he is paying over 10,000 poor people the social security package without any delay and procrastination in the last one year and urged the Federal Government to follow suite.

He explained that the “Federal Government’s N5,000 payment to the poor was designed in a way that the state governors are also involved because they are to clear and present prospective beneficiaries before payments are made.”

It will be recalled that the Federal Government in a statement on Monday had said: “Funds for the commencement of the payments in four states were released last week to the Nigeria Inter-Bank Settlement System (NIBSS) – the platform that hosts and validates payments for all government’s social intervention programmes.

Funds for another set of five states to complete the first batch of nine states would follow soon.

“Though the sequence for the payment of the money would be operationally managed by NIBSS, beneficiaries in Borno, Kwara and Bauchi States have started receiving the money. The other states in the first batch to commence the CCT payments are Cross Rivers, Niger, Kogi, Oyo, Ogun and Ekiti States.”

In another development, Fayose advised the Federal Government move in quickly and stop the killing in Southern Kaduna, Kaduna State.

http://www.kikiotolu.com/2017/01/fayose-fgs-n5000-payment-to-poor-mere.html

Lalasticlala Mynd44 Ishilove Dominique

Re: Fayose: Fg’s N5,000 Payment To The Poor, Mere Propaganda by azimibraun: 3:16am On Jan 04, 2017
Let this slowpoke face Governance at his state level. He is just seeking the attention of Mr Buhari. A President who sees him as inconsequential and will never join words with him. When Fayose speaks folks from other parts of the country who haven't been to Ekiti will imagine Ekiti where he is talking from as one Dubai or Manhattan. Anyway most illiterates liked drama, decent civilised follks are concerned with getting the job done. How can a governor take over the job of civil society when he himself is in the system? Does been in the PDP makes him not part of the ruling class in Nigeria? He goes to Abuja to participate in the National Economic council meetings where far reaching decision are made that concerns Nigerians and still comes back to his Ado- Ekiti cocoon to make irrelevant noise. A noise maker is quite diff from an activist and a role model. Fayose inspires only below average minds. After Governorship, I wil wait to see how much he loves Nigeria to stick around and play Louis Farakhan or Al shapton.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayose: Fg’s N5,000 Payment To The Poor, Mere Propaganda by paschal47(m): 3:19am On Jan 04, 2017
In as much as governor Fayose is saying the truth, I think he needs to learn how to keep his mouth shut.

Buhari is a master of lies and deceit, nothing good ever comes from him
Re: Fayose: Fg’s N5,000 Payment To The Poor, Mere Propaganda by chriskosherbal(m): 3:26am On Jan 04, 2017
Re: Fayose: Fg’s N5,000 Payment To The Poor, Mere Propaganda by Nobody: 3:43am On Jan 04, 2017
cheesy
Re: Fayose: Fg’s N5,000 Payment To The Poor, Mere Propaganda by azimibraun: 3:44am On Jan 04, 2017
Which southern Kaduna is he talking about; and which federal govt? Is the IG of Police a vigilante or boy scout member representing himself meeting with various community heads in southern Kaduna, accessing damages and finding solutions to the crisis; or what is Mr Fayose talking about exactly? So the IG of police is not positioned enough to represent the federal government in findng a lasting solution to the southern Kaduna crisis? I don't blame Fayose, I blame the journalist who will just take news and go and don't ask critical questions.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fayose: Fg’s N5,000 Payment To The Poor, Mere Propaganda by edlion57(m): 3:50am On Jan 04, 2017
B4nko
Re: Fayose: Fg’s N5,000 Payment To The Poor, Mere Propaganda by okosodo: 3:57am On Jan 04, 2017
This man is saying the truth abeg. This buhari's adminisration is damn too deceitful. Jonathan is still an apprentice when it comes to deceit buhar is a master of deceit and cluelessness
Re: Fayose: Fg’s N5,000 Payment To The Poor, Mere Propaganda by Nobody: 5:38am On Jan 04, 2017
He's right.

Re: Fayose: Fg’s N5,000 Payment To The Poor, Mere Propaganda by emmasege: 6:04am On Jan 04, 2017
paschal47:
In as much as governor Fayose is saying the truth, I think he needs to learn how to keep his mouth shut.

Buhari is a master of lies and deceit, nothing good ever comes from him
Lie only thrives in the absence of truth. I would've supported your idea of him keeping quiet but definitely not at this period when the FG has TECHNICALLY silenced opposition. He's about the only voice of opposition in the land, so we can only support and pray for him to be able to withstand all the wiles and evil schemes of Dullard.in.ho. against him.
Re: Fayose: Fg’s N5,000 Payment To The Poor, Mere Propaganda by KINGwax007(m): 6:08am On Jan 04, 2017
As usual... The parrot, god of the wailers, is speaking again...

But someone shout tell fayose that the idiots who want to listen to the ranting of a mad man are a t the psychiatric section!

1 Like

Re: Fayose: Fg’s N5,000 Payment To The Poor, Mere Propaganda by hisgrace090: 6:08am On Jan 04, 2017
Fayose ! The real persimist.
Re: Fayose: Fg’s N5,000 Payment To The Poor, Mere Propaganda by EnEnPeecee: 6:12am On Jan 04, 2017
azimibraun:
Let this slowpoke face Governance at his state level. He is just seeking the attention of Mr Buhari. A President who sees him as inconsequential and will never join words with him. When Fayose speaks folks from other parts of the country who haven't been to Ekiti will imagine Ekiti where he is talking from as one Dubai or Manhattan. Anyway most illiterates liked drama, decent civilised follks are concerned with getting the job done. How can a governor take over the job of civil society when he himself is in the system? Does been in the PDP makes him not part of the ruling class in Nigeria? He goes to Abuja to participate in the National Economic council meetings where far reaching decision are made that concerns Nigerians and still comes back to his Ado- Ekiti cocoon to make irrelevant noise. A noise maker is quite diff from an activist and a role model. Fayose inspires only below average minds. After Governorship, I wil wait to see how much he loves Nigeria to stick around and play Louis Farakhan or Al shapton.
ya head no korrect
Re: Fayose: Fg’s N5,000 Payment To The Poor, Mere Propaganda by azimibraun: 6:13am On Jan 04, 2017
emmasege:
Lie only thrives in the absence of truth. I would've supported your idea of him keeping quiet but definitely not at this period when the FG has TECHNICALLY silenced opposition. He's about the only voice of opposition in the land, so we can only support and pray for him to be able to withstand all the wiles and evil schemes of Dullard.in.ho. against him.
. How well has he managed his own space? Most people who are quick to cry foul in just about everything in society are despotic in their homes. I will never take seriously any comment in support of Fayose's rascality and decoys from anybody who is not from Ekiti state. You can't fool all the people all time. Shifting attention from his management of his state to Mr Buhari at the center. Social deviant playing social crusader. Mr Akpabio and Peter Obi used developmental projects and decent management of their spaces to shut the opposition up. Akpabio is known as Mr uncommon transformation, Peter Obi as the road builder. What is Fayose known as?

1 Like

Re: Fayose: Fg’s N5,000 Payment To The Poor, Mere Propaganda by emmasege: 6:15am On Jan 04, 2017
The Dullard of Daura made a very big mistake by including Ekiti in the first batch knowing fully well that no disbursement has been made.

These among many questions are begging for answers from Mr. Bubu
1. How did they determine poorest Nigerians?
2. When and where was the list compiled in each state?

And lest we forget, the promise was for 25million Nigerians every month. So, what happens to the remaining 24 million (i.e. 96%)?

APC and Bubu are the worst plague thst ever befell Nigeria.
Re: Fayose: Fg’s N5,000 Payment To The Poor, Mere Propaganda by paschal47(m): 6:17am On Jan 04, 2017
emmasege:
Yea, I personally like him because of the way he is outspoken and fearless but I'll still advice him to be very careful because he is dealing with someone who is INCOMPETENT and CLUELESS politically but TACTICAL when he comes to punishing people.

We have a slowpoke as a leader
Re: Fayose: Fg’s N5,000 Payment To The Poor, Mere Propaganda by Corrinthians(m): 6:17am On Jan 04, 2017
emmasege:
Why cant any of the governors from your villages play the role of "opposition"? Did the people of Ekiti state vote him in to oppose the FG and APC or go govern the state? If Willy Obiano were to wake up everyday thinking about how to verbally attack the FG, you think he would have had time to build and commission even a pit laterine?

Let Fayose concentrate on issues bothering on governance in Ekiti state and leave opposition at the federal level to those in Watada plaza whose job it is to do so. While he keeps blabbing everyday about the unadequacy of the fg, his state keeps sinking further and further down the hole of regression.

Pray tell, if he's asked to give account of his stewardship tomorrow, would he list opposition to Buhari as one of his achievements? He has overdone this nonsense and that is why he's now appearing stupid.
Re: Fayose: Fg’s N5,000 Payment To The Poor, Mere Propaganda by azimibraun: 6:29am On Jan 04, 2017
It's a known fact that People talk a lot about their nightmares Psychology as well a s sociology has proven that empirically ; That is called FEAR. Now I hear people say Fayose is Buhari and APC's Nightmare yet I hardly hear Buhari, Oyegun, Lai Mohammed and even Kayode Fayemi mention the name Fayose. Instead the reverse is the case. Somebody certainly is afraid of something that is not even after him. And we all know who based on scientific studies in two major fields of humanity.
Re: Fayose: Fg’s N5,000 Payment To The Poor, Mere Propaganda by emmasege: 6:36am On Jan 04, 2017
Corrinthians:
Why cant any of the governors from your villages play the role of "opposition"? Did the people of Ekiti state vote him in to oppose the FG and APC or go govern the state? If Willy Obiano were to wake up everyday thinking about how to verbally attack the FG, you think he would have had time to build and commission even a pit laterine?

Hellooo, I'm not from the south east. I'm from the south west, from the very cradle of Yoruba civilization. Not every dissenting voice against the misgovernance and cluelessness of APC-led FG on social media is from the east of River Niger.

Kaaro, oo jiire?
Re: Fayose: Fg’s N5,000 Payment To The Poor, Mere Propaganda by Corrinthians(m): 6:42am On Jan 04, 2017
emmasege:

Hellooo, I'm not from the south east. I'm from the south west, from the very cradle of Yoruba civilization. Not every dissenting voice against the misgovernance and cluelessness of APC-led FG on social media is from the east of River Niger.

Kaaro, oo jiire?
Who said you are from the SE?
Re: Fayose: Fg’s N5,000 Payment To The Poor, Mere Propaganda by emmasege: 6:46am On Jan 04, 2017
Corrinthians:
Who said you are from the SE?
Why did u mention Obiano and refer me to governors in my villages? Some of us have inner ears to discern sayings. By the way, I come from and live in an APC state. So, you couldn't have referred me elsewhere other than thst zone.

Once again, a ku ojumo o, se daadaa lo ji?
Re: Fayose: Fg’s N5,000 Payment To The Poor, Mere Propaganda by ShakaZullu(m): 6:57am On Jan 04, 2017
the oshokomole of yoruba land the man who's great deeds supercedes that of awolowo and any yeroba leader dead or alive

Ayodele Fayose the voice of the voiceless

without this man opposition is dead pdp is dead

he's a priceless asset to the yoruba nation
a fighter
i ask those who criticise him
since he dealt with the fulani herdsmen have ever heard of any attack in Ekiti again?
that's the leader the people wanted especially in this period of darkness
the most revered Tinubu and Osibanjo kept mute while fulanis kept massacring their people just because of their personal gain
tell me from all these who's is more yoruba leader than Fayose tell yourself the truth.
little wonder irrespective of federal might propaganda on him his people loves him soo much.

I'll choose Fayose over any SE stupid shameless gwavanors any day anytime
Re: Fayose: Fg’s N5,000 Payment To The Poor, Mere Propaganda by Corrinthians(m): 7:01am On Jan 04, 2017
emmasege:
Why did u mention Obiano and refer me to governors in my villages? Some of us have inner ears to discern sayings. By the way, I come from and live in an APC state. So, you couldn't have referred me elsewhere other than thst zone.

Once again, a ku ojumo o, se daadaa lo ji?
Is Obiano not a governor? What's wrong with using him as an example? Are you not from a village?

Something is biting you deep inside and i dont know what it is.

Like i said, tell one of your village governors to act opposition. Fayose was voted to govern Ekiti state and not to oppose the fg. Period.
Re: Fayose: Fg’s N5,000 Payment To The Poor, Mere Propaganda by Ekiti360(m): 8:11am On Jan 04, 2017
Lalasticlala ishilove seun Mynd44
Re: Fayose: Fg’s N5,000 Payment To The Poor, Mere Propaganda by Nobody: 8:41am On Jan 04, 2017
azimibraun:
. How well has he managed his own space? Most people who are quick to cry foul in just about everything in society are despotic in their homes. I will never take seriously any comment in support of Fayose's rascality and decoys from anybody who is not from Ekiti state. You can't fool all the people all time. Shifting attention from his management of his state to Mr Buhari at the center. Social deviant playing social crusader. Mr Akpabio and Peter Obi used developmental projects and decent management of their spaces to shut the opposition up. Akpabio is known as Mr uncommon transformation, Peter Obi as the road builder. What is Fayose known as?

Is the funds not supposed to trickle down from the federal govt?

Didnt obi's and akpabio's come from the centre?

When the centre is all about lies and propaganda, how do you expect him to achieve goals?

(1) (Reply)

Video: EFCC Raids Goodluck Jonathan's Home In Abuja / Exposed: Those Behind Ibori’s Travails And Their Reason / Photos From Today's Senate Plenary Session

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.