Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,310 members, 7,808,049 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:51 AM

I'm Thinking Of Becoming An Uber Driver - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / I'm Thinking Of Becoming An Uber Driver (7837 Views)

Help!!! I Mistakenly Sent N1m To A Uber Driver / Earn Up To N150K A Week As An Uber Partner In Abuja / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm Thinking Of Becoming An Uber Driver by kateskitty(f): 6:08am On Jan 04, 2017
So straight to the point, I am job hunting but nothing is forthcoming, so I have a friend who has three Uber cars and one of his drivers recently quit on him. We got talking and I told him about how I enjoy driving and he suggested I come drive one of his Uber cars.
But I'm wondering if there are other women Uber drivers and how they managed at it.
Re: I'm Thinking Of Becoming An Uber Driver by kateskitty(f): 6:10am On Jan 04, 2017
I'm up for the challenges, after all they say what a man can do, a woman can do better grin

1 Like

Re: I'm Thinking Of Becoming An Uber Driver by tahoe(m): 6:54am On Jan 04, 2017
Re: I'm Thinking Of Becoming An Uber Driver by mrsage(m): 6:56am On Jan 04, 2017
Unique idea. I've been there before so I know what it feels like.

1. you should have good knowledge of Lagos roads.

2. It can be physically demanding. However you can manage this with a time table that works for you. Then rest when u have to.

3. A gentle approach helps simply because you will come across funny human beings. Trust me some customers will annoy you.

4. Also basic knowledge about cars help too.

At the end of the day you may likely get more clients because of your sex and prepare for some funny or derogatory comments too.

Wish you luck.

6 Likes

Re: I'm Thinking Of Becoming An Uber Driver by MPVGoddess: 9:22am On Jan 04, 2017
Is there a cost implication for becoming an Uber Driver? If yes, how much?

Is there a cost implication for becoming an Uber Partner? If yes, how much?

MODIFIED
Uber Driver about N20,000.00 according to https://www.nairaland.com/2912802/detailed-guide-how-register-uber
Re: I'm Thinking Of Becoming An Uber Driver by lexylexy(m): 9:45am On Jan 04, 2017
kateskitty:
So straight to the point, I am job hunting but nothing is forthcoming, so I have a friend who has three Uber cars and one of his drivers recently quit on him. We got talking and I told him about how I enjoy driving and he suggested I come drive one of his Uber cars.
But I'm wondering if there are other women Uber drivers and how they managed at it.

my sister, I admire ur courage but am not sure if there are female uber drivers o. I've definitely not seen one. d job is very demanding physically as u have to work all night at times. but u can give it a shot sha. good luck
Re: I'm Thinking Of Becoming An Uber Driver by lexylexy(m): 9:46am On Jan 04, 2017
MPVGoddess:
Is there a cost implication for becoming an Uber Driver? If yes, how much?

Is there a cost implication for becoming an Uber Partner? If yes, how much?

MODIFIED
Uber Driver about N20,000.00 according to https://www.nairaland.com/2912802/detailed-guide-how-register-uber

I didn't pay a dime,
Re: I'm Thinking Of Becoming An Uber Driver by MPVGoddess: 10:04am On Jan 04, 2017
lexylexy:

I didn't pay a dime,

Lagos or Abuja?

Did the below not apply to you

Background check: this is carried out after the driver has been accepted and has completed the training. It costs ₦20,000 but can be paid in 5 instalments of ₦4,000 each. It is a check Uber carries out with the police, which demonstrates that you have no criminal convictions or charges against your name, and is for the safety of passengers.
Re: I'm Thinking Of Becoming An Uber Driver by lexylexy(m): 10:23am On Jan 04, 2017
MPVGoddess:

Lagos or Abuja?
Did the below not apply to you
Lagos. well, non dat I can remember right now
Re: I'm Thinking Of Becoming An Uber Driver by eghuan1(m): 12:49pm On Jan 04, 2017
Nice reading this. I actually know or knew three females who were driving on the Uber platform. One has gone abroad to be with her husband, the second, we wrote the test together and I know she was to be driving her husband's car when she is not doing anything during the day and the third I met at Eko hotels one Sunday when she came to pick her rider.

It's all about determination and your personal disposition. But try as much as possible not to work at night.

5 Likes

Re: I'm Thinking Of Becoming An Uber Driver by 1simbo: 8:41am On Mar 07, 2017
kateskitty:

Please I'm interested in becoming an Uber driver and I'm female too. Is your friend still looking for drivers or does he know people who are?

Please I sent you an email.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: I'm Thinking Of Becoming An Uber Driver by jumyinq: 11:07am On Mar 07, 2017
Pls can u help m talk to your friend as well. My husband has been looking for a car to drive on uber platform. Pls kindly help us. Tnx

1 Like

Re: I'm Thinking Of Becoming An Uber Driver by fxstory(m): 12:12pm On Mar 07, 2017
kateskitty:
they are lots of them but they do it professionally , so its up to you.
Re: I'm Thinking Of Becoming An Uber Driver by hadeytee: 3:11pm On Apr 25, 2017
Hi,what's the first thing to do to become an uber female driver in Abuja. Am 25 yrs and I enjoy driving.
Re: I'm Thinking Of Becoming An Uber Driver by 1simbo: 1:25pm On Jun 03, 2017
@kateskitty
It would be nice to meet you and share Uber war stories. We women need to cooperate.
Interested?
Re: I'm Thinking Of Becoming An Uber Driver by 1simbo: 1:27pm On Jun 03, 2017
It would be nice to meet you and share Uber war stories. We women need to cooperate.
Interested?
kateskitty:
I'm up for the challenges, after all they say what a man can do, a woman can do better grin
Re: I'm Thinking Of Becoming An Uber Driver by OAKSFIVEFARMS: 6:44am On Jun 21, 2018
Limited time offer : Over 60% price slash on www.taxiappguy.com.
Use our promo codes to get the Guide to Uber 2.0 as low as 1,500 Naira. Why go to a lawyer to draft an Agreement for you for 50,000 Naira when you can get our Agreement templates for as low as 1,000 Naira. Use the promo code NAIRALAND

Available resources for protecting your Uber business:

1.Guide to Uber 2.0 : The 2nd edition book for Partners and Drivers who want to learn how to register and make money with Uber. The book contains all you need to know.

2.Partner-Driver rental agreement template : A rental agreement template that lays out relationship between car owner and renter.
This document protects both parties.

3. Partner-Driver hire purchase agreement template : A hire purchase agreement template that lays out relationship between Car Owner and hirer.
This document protects both parties.

4.Guarantor form : A guarantor form to provide your driver with for verifying his/her guarantor.

We can also write a feasibility study particularly tailored to your investment needs.

To buy the Guide to Uber 2.0 book, or any documents you may need for protecting your ride share investments.
Go to our store www.taxiappguy.com
or get it on Whatsapp 08186473185

For Partners only: Do you want to register your car on Uber? Register your Uber account here.
Or chat us up on whatsapp and we will register your Uber account and upload your documents absolutely free of charge (This option is for Lagos Partners only).

Taxi App Guy

Re: I'm Thinking Of Becoming An Uber Driver by 9jawear(m): 8:44am On Dec 01, 2019
Which car hailing app is the best to choose if you are starting out. Do you stick with bolt or uber. Are they the same or can you choose both. Which platform gives you more revenue creation models and gives you prompt and flexible earnings.

Are you a bolt or uber driver looking for more legitimate ways to increase your earnings and make more money this December. Click here 》》》

https://ekoile.com.ng/2019/12/01/augment-and-improve-your-bolt-and-uber-earnings/

Re: I'm Thinking Of Becoming An Uber Driver by Jaraontop: 11:07pm On Aug 26, 2020
1simbo:

Please I'm interested in becoming an Uber driver and I'm female too. Is your friend still looking for drivers or does he know people who are?

Please I sent you an email.

Thanks

Do you know Lagos roads very well? Especially Lekki Ajah. You could drive my EOD. Call me on 08062080735
Re: I'm Thinking Of Becoming An Uber Driver by StubbornGENIUS: 11:15pm On Aug 26, 2020
Jaraontop:

Do you know Lagos roads very well? Especially Lekki Ajah. You could drive my EOD. Call me on 08062080735
The lady was last seen on NL in 2017.Nawa 4 you bro.
Re: I'm Thinking Of Becoming An Uber Driver by thaIgbochick(f): 10:50am On Dec 14, 2020
Helllo Everyone

Please I'm a driver currently looking for a car to ride in Lagos.

I reside in Ologolo Lekki

Any information or lead kindly reach me on 08168935922. I can be available to work from January 2021

Thanks alot fam

(1) (Reply)

MTN Plans $500 Million Share Sale In Nigeria / 767 Manufacturers Shut Down In 2023 – MAN / Dangote, Honeywell, Others Enjoyed N390.26bn Tax Waivers In Two Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.