Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,466 members, 7,808,668 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:09 PM

Mikel Obi's Letter From A Fan In Ukraine - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mikel Obi's Letter From A Fan In Ukraine (25952 Views)

Frustrated Arsenal Fan In Abuja With #Emeryout Banner On Car / Between Alex Iwobi And A Semi Unclad Fan In The Field (photos) / Mikel Obi Reacts To Buhari's Wife In Kitchen Comment With This Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mikel Obi's Letter From A Fan In Ukraine by slimsoshady(m): 12:54pm On Jan 04, 2017
MrPresident1:
No one knows the exact day that Jesus Christ will come back, but the Bible gives us the reference period when all things MUST be concluded including the establishment of the kingdom of God here on earth.

In the Book of Daniel 2:44, we are told that Christ will come during the days of trying to mix iron and clay. Now the incoming rulers of iron have said that they will not have anything to do with clay when they come in, and Daniel tells us that it is in the days of trying to mix iron and clay that the kingdom of Christ will be set up.

The days of trying to mix iron and clay ends on the 20th of January 2017

Let us all prepare to receive our Messiah, Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ in our watchfulness and sobriety. He will be here on or before Tuesday 20th of January 2017
go siddon..
Re: Mikel Obi's Letter From A Fan In Ukraine by salabscholar01(m): 12:55pm On Jan 04, 2017
ok
Re: Mikel Obi's Letter From A Fan In Ukraine by MrPresident1: 12:55pm On Jan 04, 2017
slimsoshady:
go siddon..

Thank you sah!! cheesy

But prepare o, prepare in holiness, watchfulness and sobriety smiley

1 Like

Re: Mikel Obi's Letter From A Fan In Ukraine by Viking007(m): 12:55pm On Jan 04, 2017
I read it slowly, wishing it will not end. He's indeed a true fan. cry

2 Likes

Re: Mikel Obi's Letter From A Fan In Ukraine by slimsoshady(m): 12:57pm On Jan 04, 2017
MrPresident1:

Thank you sah!! cheesy

But prepare o, prepare in holiness, watchfulness and sobriety smiley
I'm prepared.. Are you??
Re: Mikel Obi's Letter From A Fan In Ukraine by cassyrooy(m): 1:00pm On Jan 04, 2017
Aww! inspiring
Re: Mikel Obi's Letter From A Fan In Ukraine by MrPresident1: 1:00pm On Jan 04, 2017
slimsoshady:
I'm prepared.. Are you??

I am too sah! grin it is good to know that you are prepared too, let us continue to watch and pray wink

1 Like

Re: Mikel Obi's Letter From A Fan In Ukraine by suwalee(f): 1:02pm On Jan 04, 2017
Mikel my day one crush since 2005 after the wyc championship I've been an ardent fan...I love chelsea cos of mikel
chesterlee:
John Mikel Obi has posted a letter from one of his fans in Ukraine as part of his appreciation .

https://mobile.twitter.com/mikel_john_obi/status/816310433548300288
Re: Mikel Obi's Letter From A Fan In Ukraine by Kellibae(f): 1:04pm On Jan 04, 2017
FreeSpirited:
Yet many Nigerians still beefing despite his dedication to country and success.... especially Arsenal fans...

Its not about fans tryst me its tribalism.
Thats wat many of u guys failed to understand.

If u dnt like mikel as arsenal fan atleast you should like him wen playin for the country.
Yet they beef the hell out of him even when he plays his heart out wen representing the country.
TRIBALISM
Re: Mikel Obi's Letter From A Fan In Ukraine by FreeSpirited: 1:09pm On Jan 04, 2017
Kellibae:

If u dnt like mikel as arsenal fan atleast you should like him wen playin for the country.
Yet they beef the hell out of him even when he plays his heart out wen representing the country.
TRIBALISM

No....I don't believe its tribalism, Nigerians don't really support a player based on his tribe...... Its just natural beffing, jealousy and hatred for his style of play
Re: Mikel Obi's Letter From A Fan In Ukraine by femi4: 1:11pm On Jan 04, 2017
Kellibae:

TRIBALISM

Its not Tribalism, Okocha, Kanu, Finidi etc were loved by all irrespective of the part of the Country they came from. The truth is that the best of Mikel is nothing compared to the standard set by those guys above
Re: Mikel Obi's Letter From A Fan In Ukraine by seenter84: 1:12pm On Jan 04, 2017
True fanatical fan
Re: Mikel Obi's Letter From A Fan In Ukraine by Kellibae(f): 1:13pm On Jan 04, 2017
FreeSpirited:
No....I don't believe its tribalism, Nigerians don't really support a player based on his tribe...... Its just natural beffing, jealousy and hatred for his style of play

Hmmm u think so?
Re: Mikel Obi's Letter From A Fan In Ukraine by olisaEze(m): 1:15pm On Jan 04, 2017
Birikiti:
I wish someone can reiterate it loud enough for the political leaders that football is much more than just a sport. It is one of the biggest PR machines we have in the world today! They should stop toying with it.

You can imagine a Ukrainian being a self-confessed fan of Super Eagles and Nigeria by extension, just because of Mikel's impact in Chelsea. Now imagine the multiplier effect a well organised and productive football sector can have on the image of a country.
Brazil is one of the biggest beneficiaries of this image laundering tool. Despite the negative happenings, corruption, kidnappings, drug issues etc, the mere mention of Brazil elicits positive vibes from the nations of the world just because of the footballing exploits of the players and the National Teams.

This is what the folks in power must realize and use effectively. We can use football (and Sports in general) to launder Nigeria's image in the outside world and we can use it develop a united and patriotic spirit inside the nation.

Yes Sports is that powerful!

Best comment of the new year!

1 Like

Re: Mikel Obi's Letter From A Fan In Ukraine by Melian(f): 1:15pm On Jan 04, 2017
Awww..l wanna cry.
Re: Mikel Obi's Letter From A Fan In Ukraine by FreeSpirited: 1:16pm On Jan 04, 2017
Kellibae:

Hmmm u think so?
yeah....I know many crazy fans of Mikel who are Yoruba, Hausa, and non Igbo tribe...and I know some Igbos who hate Mikel......
Re: Mikel Obi's Letter From A Fan In Ukraine by obataokenwa(m): 1:19pm On Jan 04, 2017
those tears that fills the eyes but can't drop... so touching
Re: Mikel Obi's Letter From A Fan In Ukraine by Kellibae(f): 1:19pm On Jan 04, 2017
femi4:
Its not Tribalism, Okocha, Kanu, Finidi etc were loved by all irrespective of the part of the Country they came from. The truth is that the best of Mikel is nothing compared to the standard set by those guys above

Yes u are right they were loved and then tribalism hasnt grown to this extent then.
One day i decided to check old topics here as of 4/5 years ago and i realised that conments were much different from now.
On every topic niw people try to tribalise it even when its not connectd to anythin tribal.

If okocha is playing now u would see ppl beefing him on how selfish he is and dribbles too much.
all are abt tribalism..THIS IS A PURE FACT....
Re: Mikel Obi's Letter From A Fan In Ukraine by Kellibae(f): 1:23pm On Jan 04, 2017
FreeSpirited:
yeah....I know many crazy fans of Mikel who are Yoruba, Hausa, and non Igbo tribe...and I know some Igbos who hate Mikel......

Yes that doesnt mean u will get 100 pecent result. But u judge based on majority.

Just like when u say northen nigeria is muslim tribe... are there no christians there?
Or when u say igbo is a christian tribe but there are still muslims in igboland..
Re: Mikel Obi's Letter From A Fan In Ukraine by MaRveLmAx2821(m): 1:29pm On Jan 04, 2017
WOW...

SO sweet....

Love in the air... wink smiley grin
Re: Mikel Obi's Letter From A Fan In Ukraine by bush112(m): 1:31pm On Jan 04, 2017
good
Re: Mikel Obi's Letter From A Fan In Ukraine by FreeSpirited: 1:32pm On Jan 04, 2017
Kellibae:

Yes that doesnt mean u will get 100 pecent result. But u judge based on majority.

Just like when u say northen nigeria is muslim tribe... are there no christians there?
Or when u say igbo is a christian tribe but there are still muslims in igboland..
Don't even bring tribalism to football supporters.......I disagree...jayjay , KANU, Peter Rufai, Arghawa, and many others were loved without reference to their tribes... Mikel is not the first IBO Nigerian player
Re: Mikel Obi's Letter From A Fan In Ukraine by Kellibae(f): 1:38pm On Jan 04, 2017
FreeSpirited:
Don't even bring tribalism to football supporters.......I disagree...jayjay , KANU, Peter Rufai, Arghawa, and many others were loved without reference to their tribes... Mikel is not the first IBO Nigerian player

Ok.. i dnt want to go into details .
But one thing u should kno is wen these players u mentioned played.. tribalism hasnt grown this much.
But now there is tribalism in almost every aspect in this country... even myself i didnt know what tribalism is until recently.
Re: Mikel Obi's Letter From A Fan In Ukraine by Nobody: 1:38pm On Jan 04, 2017
Mikel is good, just that Chelsea killed his footballing career. embarassed

Re: Mikel Obi's Letter From A Fan In Ukraine by fuckpoverty(m): 1:42pm On Jan 04, 2017
chai....am really crying now in my native tongue.......nnnnnnnnwwwwaaaaaaaaaa
Re: Mikel Obi's Letter From A Fan In Ukraine by harbbeysity1970: 1:44pm On Jan 04, 2017
dat my guy wink wink
Re: Mikel Obi's Letter From A Fan In Ukraine by FreeSpirited: 1:47pm On Jan 04, 2017
Kellibae:

Ok.. i dnt want to go into details .
But one thing u should kno is wen these players u mentioned played.. tribalism hasnt grown this much.
But now there is tribalism in almost every aspect in this country... even myself i didnt know what tribalism is until recently.
Tribalism among fans is still not worth the audience you are giving it, especially in football...guys don't have time 'tribalising' when watching football matches, we just want to enjoy good football, doesn't matter where u came from.....However, there might be tribalism and favouritism among coaches during selection, but during play, fans support for a fan is based on style of play, admiration and impact on the field.
Re: Mikel Obi's Letter From A Fan In Ukraine by soath(m): 1:48pm On Jan 04, 2017
FreeSpirited:
Yet many Nigerians still beefing despite his dedication to country and success.... especially Arsenal fans...
That's not true.
Re: Mikel Obi's Letter From A Fan In Ukraine by FreeSpirited: 1:52pm On Jan 04, 2017
soath:
That's not true.
good to hear
Re: Mikel Obi's Letter From A Fan In Ukraine by rigarmortis: 2:07pm On Jan 04, 2017
FreeSpirited:
Tribalism among fans is still not worth the audience you are giving it, especially in football...guys don't have time 'tribalising' when watching football matches, we just want to enjoy good football, doesn't matter where u came from.....However, there might be tribalism and favouritism among coaches during selection, but during play, fans support for a fan is based on style of play, admiration and impact on the field.

forget all the speech bro, there is tribalism among fans.

in those days long gone, people just enjoy football and like cursing out players sometimes based on their performance or lack thereof.

but lately its tribalism all the way, albeit subtle tribalism, like the one exhibited when man city signed iheanacho.........the ibo and money statements were more than the well wishers, he should have signed for a lesser club to get time to play...etc, now dude is doing well and will be better if he keeps practicing.

many people who criticize mikel dont know why they do, some dont have a genuine football based reason if u ask them....they just hate him and his style, even when the same style won nigeria an african cup, outclassing yaya in the tourney......many still said he wasnt the best african player that year, of course may ibo people said he was.........i doubt if northerners will think ahmed musa doesnt deserve it if he was the one............and some edo people think brown ideye is the best player on the pitch.

if there is no tribalism why was the biafra tag given to the team that won the cup in 2013 even when it was clear that it was one of the best assemblage of players in reason times....why the tribalism when they were player well.

they guys patriotism has finally cost him a place at the bridge, forever, still some will still say....that mumu ibo boy we like to sit for bench for chelsea instead of going to a lesser club for shirt.

tribalism...the curse and scourge of the black skinned people

1 Like

Re: Mikel Obi's Letter From A Fan In Ukraine by indsstudy: 2:09pm On Jan 04, 2017
s

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ligue 1: Lille Dethrone Paris Saint-germain As Champions / Mason Greenwood Arrested For 'breaching Bail', Contacting 'alleged Victim' / Rashford Suffers Racial Abuse For Another Penalty Miss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.