Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,544 members, 7,808,997 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:50 PM

So You Don't Believe In God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / So You Don't Believe In God (1253 Views)

Ese Walter Denounces Jesus, Says She No Longer Believes In God / "I Don't Hate God. I Just Don't Believe He Exists." / Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

So You Don't Believe In God by trinigirl1(f): 12:36am On Jan 12, 2007
A lot of people don't believe that God exists because of all the pain and suffering in the world.

If you subscribe to Christianity, when the world was created by God, it was perfect.  When he created man and woman, they were perfect (complete), and had communion with God daily, which was their sole purpose.  To bring pleasure to God.

After sin came into the world via disobedience, the first act of sin, it opened the door to a nature that was unknown to men before. The nature of satan, the deceiver, the manipulator the angel that was cast out.

How then could God correct this separation from Him, and make a way for us to again have that communion with him for which we were created?

It would be difficult.  He tried wiping us all out, and he mourned.

So there was another way ,  a Redeemer, since man's sinful nature is inherent from the womb.

So here's what God did:-

He chose men to be priests . These priests would make sacrifices on behalf of the sins of the people. Blood was shed to symbolize the remission of sins. If the priest himself was found to be in sin he would be struck dead in the ark of the covenenant and pulled out by a rope by the people outside.

In this same manner, he sent His son, Jesus the messiah, to be a sacrificial lamb to atone for the sins of the people

The blood of the Lamb of God, was shed once for all, so that there no longer needs to be sacrifices and burnt offerings to him for remission of sin.

In this way, provision was made for us to restore our relationship with God, through Jesus Christ, by his blood, and by his grace (undeserved favour)

However, God cannot rule your life, unless you allow him to.

If u choose to remain in your inherent sinful nature, you expose yourself to every single attach of satan.  Sickness, murder, you name it , the devil can do whatever he wants with and to you.

But Jesus has provided a way for us to be covered and protected and give us a rewarding life on earth, and an eternal home in heaven.  Those who believe in him have hope. Those who do not are only confused.

Where is God? He is right there, watching u read this, but unless u allow him to take control of your life by accepting the free gift of salvation he provided through the blood of the Lamb,  your fate is not in His hands.

He is a God of his Word, and a God of order.  So if he says these are the rules, not even He can break them.  Everything he says is yes and so it is!

Free will, free choice, another gift from God. This is what you have, so your fate is in YOUR hands.

Curses move from generation to generation, man woman and child.  Suffering exists in the world because of sin! Not because God can't do anything about it. 

He is a God of order, and a God of love.  But if u choose to stay outside his will ,  well ,  you will suffer the consequences on this earth and beyond.

As far as the devil goes ,  God did not "create" the devil.

Lucifer was the angel in charge of music in heaven, he was beautiful, but He rose up against God in vanity, and God had to cast him, and all his supporters out of heaven.

He prepared hell for Satan (Lucifer), and other fallen angels .  Hell was never intended for human souls.

It is unfair to God for anyone believe that He does not exist, or that he functions as an evil dictator when he has done so much to help us receive salvation.  sad

He loves us all.  smiley
Re: So You Don't Believe In God by kimba(m): 5:38am On Jan 12, 2007
thank you pastor!!!

pls can you tell me how your God defines FORNICATION?
Re: So You Don't Believe In God by feelgood(m): 10:21am On Jan 12, 2007
Dear Kimba,
I bet the good ol lady just wanna 'show' us that she is a christian after her apparent gaffe on marital sex/fornication.
You should not expect any response here - just a face saving thread, I think smiley
Cheers
Re: So You Don't Believe In God by trinigirl1(f): 11:38am On Jan 12, 2007
wannabegood and simba,

I have read what you consider contributions to my post "Pre Marital Sex is Not Fornication"

I am constantly amazed how some asinine closed minded Nigerian men like yourself cannot express your opinion with digressing to attempted insult.

But I do not blame you.  It is all you know.

My salvation is for no one to judge but God.  I stand by my view on pre marital sex and fornication, and I am NOT ashamed.

I don't have to prove anything to anyone, especially boys with neanderthal mentalities like yours.  In fact, unless both of you are virgins, you are just like the other chauvanists who hide behind the Bible, big foolish hypocrites!

This thread came out of ongoing discussions with mature, intelligent  people on this forum. 

Please, pay the cyber cafe internet fee for your time and go back to driving your motorbike taxis, and let the intelligent folk that Nigeria are well known for express themselves in like manner.

Idiots!
Re: So You Don't Believe In God by feelgood(m): 12:43pm On Jan 12, 2007
foolish, asinine, idiots, from a xtian.
Great language girl - keep it up
Re: So You Don't Believe In God by trinigirl1(f): 12:57pm On Jan 12, 2007
wrong judgement, pride, self rightousness, accusations and hypocrisy from a CHRISTian,
which is worse?

you keep it up too, my "brother"
Re: So You Don't Believe In God by trinigirl1(f): 12:59pm On Jan 12, 2007
The thread may not pick up, because it's not a battlefield topic.  But the person it was posted for has seen it, and that's what's important.
Re: So You Don't Believe In God by kimba(m): 10:07pm On Jan 12, 2007
trini_girl:

wannabegood and simba,

I have read what you consider contributions to my post "Pre Marital Sex is Not Fornication"

I am constantly amazed how some asinine closed minded Nigerian men like yourself cannot express your opinion with digressing to attempted insult.

But I do not blame you. It is all you know.

My salvation is for no one to judge but God. I stand by my view on pre marital sex and fornication, and I am NOT ashamed.

I don't have to prove anything to anyone, especially boys with neanderthal mentalies like yours. In fact, unless both of you are virgins, you are just like the other chauvanists who hide behind the Bible, big foolish hypocrites!

This thread came out of ongoing discussions with mature, intelligent people on this forum.

Please, pay the cyber cafe internet fee for your time and go back to driving your motorbike taxis, and let the intelligent folk that Nigeria are well known for express themselves in like manner.

Idiots!

I do not think I insulted you madam, and why did you have to rain-down the above.

I had asked for your definition of fornication coz after reading and comparing your last thread on the fornication issue with this one on, it seems to me the two are on opposite sides of the fence if one is to take either of the two discussions seriously-at least with a grain of salt.
Re: So You Don't Believe In God by trinigirl1(f): 1:07am On Jan 13, 2007
kimba kimba kimba,

If you have been reading my posts you should know by now not to mess with me.  Do not provoke me.

I see through all bull crap, so please.

After sarcastically calling me pastor you expect me to believe that u bringing up a topic from another thread holds any legitimacy?

Please, try another one.

If you cannot stand the rain, stay indoors next time.
Re: So You Don't Believe In God by kimba(m): 4:57am On Jan 13, 2007
hey Tri,
on the Pastor note, sorry if you were pissed: in Nigeria, as long as you have something to say, you are a Pastor.

and in/for whatever one is engaged in, he/she can be called the Chairman of the occasion.

Just like I can say you are the Chairman/woman of this Thread.

So honestly, i wasnt dissn you on that one.

I'm quite interested in your views on the Fornication and Pre-M stuff. its kind of bringing out a new philosophy which im seeing to be applicable to other things / areas of life besides Fornication and Pre-M.
Re: So You Don't Believe In God by mrpataki(m): 9:52am On Jan 13, 2007
trini_girl:

wannabegood and simba,

But I do not blame you.  It is all you know.

My salvation is for no one to judge but God.  I stand by my view on pre marital sex and fornication, and I am NOT ashamed.

I don't have to prove anything to anyone, especially boys with neanderthal mentalities like yours.  [In fact, unless both of you are virgins, you are just like the other chauvanists who hide behind the Bible, big foolish hypocrites!

This thread came out of ongoing discussions with mature, intelligent  people on this forum. 

Idiots!

I have seen quite a number of your posts, at first you seemed to impress with your angle of intellectual reasoning, but i guess over time, that has gone down the drain.
You think the best way of getting attention here is through the language of vituperations undecided You raised this topic here and i am just wondering which God you are actually referring to here, given the fact to the statement you said which i have highlighted above. How come the same God you tend to believe in is still the same God you are trying to tell some folks here they hide behind the Bible undecided as being chauvanist
You are just a bundle of contradictions! tongue
Re: So You Don't Believe In God by trinigirl1(f): 11:45am On Jan 13, 2007
mrpataki:

I have seen quite a number of your posts, at first you seemed to impress with your angle of intellectual reasoning, but i guess over time, that has gone down the drain.
You think the best way of getting attention here is through the language of vituperations undecided You raised this topic here and i am just wondering which God you are actually referring to here, given the fact to the statement you said which i have highlighted above. How come the same God you tend to believe in is still the same God you are trying to tell some folks here they hide behind the Bible undecided as being chauvanist
You are just a bundle of contradictions! tongue

pataki,

thank you for the compliment. Although not my intent, I am glad that you have a positive impression of my reasoning.

Attempted insult aside, let me remove your apparent confusion since you seem to have selective, limited and biased reasoning.

I have never condemned the Bible or the truth therein. The only thing I have challenged is the fact that people, especially men, have used it to their own personal advantage, and that they also hide behind what they consider Biblical truth to live in error, and encourage others to do the same.

These individuals (male and female) are usually religiously fanatic and do not have the love of God, which I have proven by that thread, since only a margin actually had any thing worthwhile and respectful to contribute, and the majority of the so called christians condemned me to hell and probably called me every name they could think of including "prostitute". Which is fine, however, they assume too much.

But yet they embrace the folly of tithing, giving 100% of your salary for the new year, slander and gossip in the church, and people are so confused that some wonder if kissing is a sin?

Therefore, it is unfortunate that like most of the people here, you think that this was done for attention (I addressed this lie in the other thread), or to impress. But I am not surprised that you think that I contradicted myself, even though I have always held that fornication is a sin, since you read with the intention of finding something to support your dislike of my opinions.

It's interesting though that you went to the trouble to find such a big word as "vituperations". I hope you didnt hurt yourself with that one. Not even I knew the meaning.

"Sustained and bitter railing and condemnation" , well , that doesn't sound like me at all, sounds more like you.

Were you trying to impress me? I've been reading your posts, you seem to be coming a bit NONPLUSSED.
Check your dictionary for that one grin

Blessings
Re: So You Don't Believe In God by trinigirl1(f): 11:49am On Jan 13, 2007
kimba:

hey Tri,
on the Pastor note, sorry if you were pissed: in Nigeria, as long as you have something to say, you are a Pastor.

and in/for whatever one is engaged in, he/she can be called the Chairman of the occasion.

Just like I can say you are the Chairman/woman of this Thread.

So honestly, i wasnt dissn you on that one.

I'm quite interested in your views on the Fornication and Pre-M stuff. its kind of bringing out a new philosophy which im seeing to be applicable to other things / areas of life besides Fornication and Pre-M.

Ohhhh now I understand,

Sorry for dusting you out like a mat! grin Sincerest apologies my brother.

Sometimes the way Nigerians say things in normal conversation are insults to people on the outside.

However, that is another thread. This thread was written with one person in mind, and I hope he has read it.
Re: So You Don't Believe In God by KAG: 5:34pm On Jan 13, 2007
trini_girl:

A lot of people don't believe that God exists because of all the pain and suffering in the world.

Amongst other things.

If you subscribe to Christianity, when the world was created by God, it was perfect. When he created man and woman, they were perfect (complete), and had communion with God daily, which was their sole purpose. To bring pleasure to God.

No, it was good, not perfect. Why would the Christian God need pleasure, anyway?

After sin came into the world via disobedience, the first act of sin, it opened the door to a nature that was unknown to men before. The nature of satan, the deceiver, the manipulator the angel that was cast out.

Reading between the lines, the Christian God either wanted that to happen, or she didn't know it would happen.

How then could God correct this separation from Him, and make a way for us to again have that communion with him for which we were created?

It would be difficult. He tried wiping us all out, and he mourned.

So there was another way ,

So she didn't know of the other way before she tried wiping people out? By the way, you really believe there was a world wide flood that killed almost every thing?

a Redeemer, since man's sinful nature is inherent from the womb.

So here's what God did:-

He chose men to be priests . These priests would make sacrifices on behalf of the sins of the people. Blood was shed to symbolize the remission of sins.

Very paganistic.

If the priest himself was found to be in sin he would be struck dead in the ark of the covenenant and pulled out by a rope by the people outside.

In this same manner, he sent His son, Jesus the messiah, to be a sacrificial lamb to atone for the sins of the people

The blood of the Lamb of God, was shed once for all, so that there no longer needs to be sacrifices and burnt offerings to him for remission of sin.

In this way, provision was made for us to restore our relationship with God, through Jesus Christ, by his blood, and by his grace (undeserved favour)

Why wait so long?

However, God cannot rule your life, unless you allow him to.

If u choose to remain in your inherent sinful nature, you expose yourself to every single attach of satan. Sickness, murder, you name it , the devil can do whatever he wants with and to you.

Hang on a second, are you saying Christians don't fall sick and no Christian has ever committed murder? Sounds dubious to me.

But Jesus has provided a way for us to be covered and protected and give us a rewarding life on earth, and an eternal home in heaven. Those who believe in him have hope. Those who do not are only confused.

Where is God? He is right there, watching u read this, but unless u allow him to take control of your life by accepting the free gift of salvation he provided through the blood of the Lamb, your fate is not in His hands.

He is a God of his Word, and a God of order. So if he says these are the rules, not even He can break them. Everything he says is yes and so it is!

Okay. By the way, I guess that settles the omnipotent thing.

Free will, free choice, another gift from God. This is what you have, so your fate is in YOUR hands.

Not always, but I see what you mean.

Curses move from generation to generation, man woman and child. Suffering exists in the world because of sin! Not because God can't do anything about it.

So she would rather not do anything about it.

He is a God of order, and a God of love. But if u choose to stay outside his will , well , you will suffer the consequences on this earth and beyond.

As far as the devil goes , God did not "create" the devil.

Lucifer was the angel in charge of music in heaven, he was beautiful, but He rose up against God in vanity, and God had to cast him, and all his supporters out of heaven.

He prepared hell for Satan (Lucifer), and other fallen angels . Hell was never intended for human souls.

I guess that settles (if anyone was in doubt) the omniscience thing too.

It is unfair to God for anyone believe that He does not exist, or that he functions as an evil dictator when he has done so much to help us receive salvation. sad

He loves us all. smiley

I don't think you understand love very much - just my opinion.
Re: So You Don't Believe In God by 4Play(m): 5:44pm On Jan 13, 2007
My position on believing in God is simple

It is better that u believe for if it turns out he exists, u will be in an advantageous position

If on the other hand it turns out God does not exist,u lose nothing anyway

The answer from atheists is that u would have lost a lot in your life on earth but the fact is that every single study I have seen has shown that in Western society,those who believe in God have a better life than others-life expectancy,good health ,happiness

Not only do those who believe in God have better prospects with respects to the after life,if there is one,they have better prospects here on earth

Theists may be deluded ,but either way they win
Re: So You Don't Believe In God by KAG: 6:45pm On Jan 13, 2007
4 Play:

My position on believing in God is simple

It is better that u believe for if it turns out he exists, u will be in an advantageous position

If on the other hand it turns out God does not exist,u lose nothing anyway

except if: you choose the wrong God; are wrong on the personality of the God you chose; got the vriteria wrong; forgot to do something inane that the God finds important; lose your sense of morality and happiness while living, because of the God you chose; live in abject ignorance because of the God you spuriously chose to believe in;

The answer from atheists is that u would have lost a lot in your life on earth but the fact is that every single study I have seen has shown that in Western society,those who believe in God have a better life than others-life expectancy,good health ,happiness

Really? This would be a good time to share some of those studies. Besides, drunk people are generally happier than sober people (remember that great saying?), but that's why appeal to consequences are stupid.

Not only do those who believe in God have better prospects with respects to the after life,if there is one,they have better prospects here on earth

Do you want to tell the holocaust victims, the victims of the Sudan killings, and the many other victims of genocides (just one offhand example), or shall I? Oh wait, they didn't believe in the right God anyway, so they don't matter.

Theists may be deluded ,but either way they win

You would think so, but you'd be wrong.

(1) (Reply)

What You Need To Know About Hadith / Easyworship 2009 / Female Priests Invade Catholic Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.