Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,414 members, 7,808,474 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:31 PM

Nigerian Drug Peddler Escapes From Indian Prison Few Hours Before Deportation - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Nigerian Drug Peddler Escapes From Indian Prison Few Hours Before Deportation (46865 Views)

Nigerian man dies in Indian prison / Police Officers Nearly Choke Nigerian Drug Peddler In Gauteng, South Africa / 25-year-old Nigerian Drug Peddler Nabbed In India With 53 Grams Of Cocaine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Drug Peddler Escapes From Indian Prison Few Hours Before Deportation by lalasticlala(m): 4:05pm On Jan 04, 2017

A Nigerian drug peddler, John Okoro, who had served a prison term and was a few hours from being deported has made a daring escape from the Anti-Narcotics Cell’s custody.

Mumbai Mirror reports that Okoro, 35, had sought permission to step out of the detention room on the first floor of the agency’s Azad Maidan office around 2am Wednesday, saying he wanted to use the toilet, and then jumped from the balcony. He crashed through the asbestos roof and fled on foot.

The constable guarding him also leaped from the balcony in a desperate attempt to nab him, but ended up injured. He is recovering at the Nagpada police hospital.

The Anti-Narcotics Cell’s Azad Maidan office is barely 15 feet from the local police station. The office shares a wall with the police station’s detection room. The Esplanade court is in the same compound.

An alert has been issued for Okoro, who was convicted for trying to selling banned substances in 2014 and recently completed his jail term.

Before his conviction, the 35-year-old Nigerian lived in Koparkhairane, Navi Mumbai. After his prison sentence ended, he was placed under the ANC’s custody on December 31 and he was due to be deported on Monday afternoon.

“Around 2 am, Okoro told the constable on guard that he wanted to visit the washroom. He was being taken there when he jumped from the balcony. He landed on the asbestos roof, which immediately gave away,” a police officer said, adding “he ran in the directions of Mahapalika Marg.”

Another officer said a manhunt had been launched and the Anti-Narcotics Cell had asked informers to be on the lookout for Okoro last seen wearing a blue shirt, blue jeans and slippers.

Fresh charges over his daring escape have been registered at the Azad Maidan police again.

http://dailypost.ng/2017/01/04/nigerian-escapes-indian-cell-avoid-deportation/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Drug Peddler Escapes From Indian Prison Few Hours Before Deportation by mamatayour(f): 4:07pm On Jan 04, 2017
Prison break

96 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Drug Peddler Escapes From Indian Prison Few Hours Before Deportation by timidapsin(m): 4:07pm On Jan 04, 2017
mamatayour:
Prison break
SEASON 7 grin

110 Likes

Re: Nigerian Drug Peddler Escapes From Indian Prison Few Hours Before Deportation by jazinogold(m): 4:10pm On Jan 04, 2017
angry
Re: Nigerian Drug Peddler Escapes From Indian Prison Few Hours Before Deportation by Fairgodwin(m): 4:11pm On Jan 04, 2017
I am very disappointed in this Nigerian.
He's got himself in a bigger mess with this, because the anger with which they'll deal with him if he's caught, I pray he doesn't die from it. In fact, they might kill him.

He's even lucky it was India and not Indonesia or Malaysia. He'd have long been executed and cremated, even.

Why don't our brothers ever learn? Why do they always want to live so larger than their means? Why do they always want to get rich too quickly and lastly..
Why do they keep disgracing us and soiling the 'good' name of Nigeria in foreign lands?

These are some of the things that really vex me a lot.
Prodigal Nigerian.

LET ME QUICKLY MAKE THIS CLEAR!
nnokwa042:
if u know the types of drugs afonjas and almajiris people took along with them to mekka u wont say this, is not better this guy do his shit out side than coming to nigeria to become a sucide bomber for 72 virgins?

angry
Fairgodwin:

Oga please NEVER in your life quote me in regards to tribal sentiments or inclinations.
I DON'T give a damn about your afonja or almajari rubbish. I am NOT from any tribe: I am NIGERIAN! I always have this strong hate for all of you bringing tribalism to every issue and ruining the beauty of our ONE NIGERIA!

If you follow my comments closely (on Nairaland) you'll see I never and have never talked about tribes and I never will. The only thing anyone on Nairaland will ever know about me is that I'm NIGERIAN through and through and NEVER [about] my tribe!

Next time, don't quote me with your bigoted and tribalistic mindset! angry angry angry sad angry

111 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nigerian Drug Peddler Escapes From Indian Prison Few Hours Before Deportation by Nobody: 4:11pm On Jan 04, 2017
JOHN OKORO shocked

146 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Drug Peddler Escapes From Indian Prison Few Hours Before Deportation by veekid(m): 4:11pm On Jan 04, 2017

awon eyan Pablo Escobar

127 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Drug Peddler Escapes From Indian Prison Few Hours Before Deportation by ckmayoca: 4:12pm On Jan 04, 2017
Sorting don take place.

12 Likes

Re: Nigerian Drug Peddler Escapes From Indian Prison Few Hours Before Deportation by Mille: 4:12pm On Jan 04, 2017
Representing our brothers. Keep the flag flying high

50 Likes

Re: Nigerian Drug Peddler Escapes From Indian Prison Few Hours Before Deportation by wristbangle: 4:12pm On Jan 04, 2017
: John "Scolfield" Okoro shocked

197 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Nigerian Drug Peddler Escapes From Indian Prison Few Hours Before Deportation by ephi123(f): 4:12pm On Jan 04, 2017
Ncan gonna flood this thread in a sec and half.

Say No to Drugs!

20 Likes

Re: Nigerian Drug Peddler Escapes From Indian Prison Few Hours Before Deportation by henryobinna(m): 4:12pm On Jan 04, 2017
el chapo

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Drug Peddler Escapes From Indian Prison Few Hours Before Deportation by sirOrubebe: 4:12pm On Jan 04, 2017
tongue

97 Likes

Re: Nigerian Drug Peddler Escapes From Indian Prison Few Hours Before Deportation by KingyKing: 4:12pm On Jan 04, 2017
Omo nna no dey carry last.. grin cheesy

Bros was feeling like toofan grin grin

44 Likes

Re: Nigerian Drug Peddler Escapes From Indian Prison Few Hours Before Deportation by adewumiopeyemi(m): 4:12pm On Jan 04, 2017
whyn embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed any way i came to check name not suprise with what i saw na dem the hard woking people

65 Likes

Re: Nigerian Drug Peddler Escapes From Indian Prison Few Hours Before Deportation by rheether(f): 4:13pm On Jan 04, 2017
Why not come back home in one piece?

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Drug Peddler Escapes From Indian Prison Few Hours Before Deportation by Femich18(m): 4:13pm On Jan 04, 2017
The guy no won come naija again o... But he ll soon be caught...
Name Checkers will surely do justice to this...

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Drug Peddler Escapes From Indian Prison Few Hours Before Deportation by idupaul: 4:13pm On Jan 04, 2017
So he prefers to stay in India as a fugitive instead of being deported back home ? I am deeply confused ..Abeg who did this to us as a people ?

26 Likes

Re: Nigerian Drug Peddler Escapes From Indian Prison Few Hours Before Deportation by ramdris(m): 4:13pm On Jan 04, 2017
Looking at the name...

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Drug Peddler Escapes From Indian Prison Few Hours Before Deportation by MadJay: 4:14pm On Jan 04, 2017
cheesy
Dude is talented long jumper he better find a country to represent in the upcoming olympics

11 Likes

Re: Nigerian Drug Peddler Escapes From Indian Prison Few Hours Before Deportation by SirHouloo(m): 4:14pm On Jan 04, 2017
What's the name again?

12 Likes

Re: Nigerian Drug Peddler Escapes From Indian Prison Few Hours Before Deportation by paschal47(m): 4:14pm On Jan 04, 2017
Even lalasticlala shocked shocked shocked
Re: Nigerian Drug Peddler Escapes From Indian Prison Few Hours Before Deportation by Janetessy(f): 4:14pm On Jan 04, 2017
Obiara ije nwe una grin

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Drug Peddler Escapes From Indian Prison Few Hours Before Deportation by safarigirl(f): 4:14pm On Jan 04, 2017
Baddest guy...only you drug peddler, only you fugitive. You deserve a show on ID Extra....

Even Pablo Escobar no escape from prison...instead make you calm down for deportation, you dey find execution

18 Likes

Re: Nigerian Drug Peddler Escapes From Indian Prison Few Hours Before Deportation by sod09(m): 4:14pm On Jan 04, 2017
Flat head nd drugs

72 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Drug Peddler Escapes From Indian Prison Few Hours Before Deportation by caesaraba(m): 4:14pm On Jan 04, 2017
John Okoro!

82 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigerian Drug Peddler Escapes From Indian Prison Few Hours Before Deportation by Montaque(m): 4:14pm On Jan 04, 2017
His family will be here in Nigeria PRAYING for him to MAKE IT.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Drug Peddler Escapes From Indian Prison Few Hours Before Deportation by Philistine(m): 4:14pm On Jan 04, 2017
Igbo Alert!!

49 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Drug Peddler Escapes From Indian Prison Few Hours Before Deportation by 0b10010011: 4:14pm On Jan 04, 2017
Hard-working Jews again

They re just bent on developing India at all cost.

Now I know why they must have been chased away from there self acclaimed origin. They definitely must have been peddling drugs and producing fake bibles

45 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Drug Peddler Escapes From Indian Prison Few Hours Before Deportation by RobinRay(m): 4:15pm On Jan 04, 2017
Nigerian El Chapo grin

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Photos Of Kidnappers Arrested By Abba Kyari & His Team & Weapons Recovered / 18-Year-Old Girl Commits Suicide Over JAMB UTME Score In Delta State / Electrician Rapes Housemaid After Installing Decoder

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.