Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,918 members, 7,806,667 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:25 PM

What Is Happening To Bishop Eddie Long of New Birth Missionary Baptist Church ? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is Happening To Bishop Eddie Long of New Birth Missionary Baptist Church ? (3961 Views)

US Embassy Reacts To Bishop Oyedepo Visa Denial Report. Says It's Fake News / Dancing In Church: First Baptist Church Agbede Warns Choir Members On Zanku, Gbe / Painting Of Jesus Remains Untouched As First Baptist Church Burns Down In US (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Happening To Bishop Eddie Long of New Birth Missionary Baptist Church ? by Nobody: 6:06pm On Jan 04, 2017
BEFORE ;

Re: What Is Happening To Bishop Eddie Long of New Birth Missionary Baptist Church ? by Nobody: 6:06pm On Jan 04, 2017
AFTER ;

Re: What Is Happening To Bishop Eddie Long of New Birth Missionary Baptist Church ? by Nobody: 6:08pm On Jan 04, 2017
For those of you who may not know Eddie, link below for some information ;

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eddie_Long

Excerpt ;
Eddie Lee Long (born May 12, 1953) is the senior pastor of New Birth Missionary Baptist Church, a megachurch in unincorporated DeKalb County, Georgia. When Long started as pastor for New Birth Church in 1987, there were 300 church members, which grew to 25,000.[citation needed]
During this time, Long was found not guilty in Senate investigations concerning whether he personally profited from his church's tax-exempt status. Also, civil lawsuits were filed against him alleging sexual abuse of multiple underage male members of his parish. Long has denied wrongdoing through his attorneys and privately settled the lawsuits out of court for undisclosed amounts.
Re: What Is Happening To Bishop Eddie Long of New Birth Missionary Baptist Church ? by truthislight: 1:35pm On Jan 05, 2017
Have they verified that he is not on retroviral drugs?

Retro drugs have a way of eating off ones health due to the multiple organs that suffers along the way of fighting the viruses.

Anyway, if it is Such, they would not come open due to the hanging accusation of Homosexuality.
Re: What Is Happening To Bishop Eddie Long of New Birth Missionary Baptist Church ? by Joagbaje(m): 1:50pm On Jan 05, 2017
He's been battling with cancer . We should stop gossip and insinuations over people's lives
Re: What Is Happening To Bishop Eddie Long of New Birth Missionary Baptist Church ? by truthislight: 2:06pm On Jan 05, 2017
^^^^

If the above is true, it should not be a secret that would require someone to raise a thread to find out.

The knowledge that he has cancer should be a public knowledge.

Unless frosbel did not make any investigation about it.
Re: What Is Happening To Bishop Eddie Long of New Birth Missionary Baptist Church ? by truthislight: 2:08pm On Jan 05, 2017
Joagbaje:

He's been battling with cancer . We should stop gossip and insinuations over people's lives

That he has not gotten miraculous healing for his cancer, is it due to a lack of faith?

2 Likes

Re: What Is Happening To Bishop Eddie Long of New Birth Missionary Baptist Church ? by truthislight: 2:11pm On Jan 05, 2017
^^^^^

I mean, when is not getting a miraculous healing due to a lack of faith and when is it not?

Am very curious @Joeagbaje.

You are especially qualified to address this question considering you are a miracle worker and healer as you have told us before on this forum.

2 Likes

Re: What Is Happening To Bishop Eddie Long of New Birth Missionary Baptist Church ? by truthislight: 2:13pm On Jan 05, 2017
Any other person that believes he is also knowledgeable on the subject should also give answers too.

am waiting.

Peace all.
Re: What Is Happening To Bishop Eddie Long of New Birth Missionary Baptist Church ? by Joagbaje(m): 2:19pm On Jan 05, 2017
truthislight:
^^^^^

I mean, when is not getting a miraculous healing due to a lack of faith and when is it not?

Am very curious @Joeagbaje.

You are especially qualified to address this question considering you are a miracle worker and healer as you have told us before on this forum.

I believe he's working on his faith . Its between him his faith and his walk with God.

2 Likes

Re: What Is Happening To Bishop Eddie Long of New Birth Missionary Baptist Church ? by butterflylion: 2:52pm On Jan 05, 2017
Joagbaje:

I believe he's working on his faith . Its between him his faith and his walk with God.
Pls sir, ignore that JW.

2 Likes

Re: What Is Happening To Bishop Eddie Long of New Birth Missionary Baptist Church ? by lepasharon(f): 6:50pm On Jan 05, 2017
He's never specified what illness he's got

1 Like

Re: What Is Happening To Bishop Eddie Long of New Birth Missionary Baptist Church ? by Ranchhoddas: 7:20pm On Jan 05, 2017
But na mustard Jesus talk na. What is he working on?
Joagbaje:

3 Likes

Re: What Is Happening To Bishop Eddie Long of New Birth Missionary Baptist Church ? by MuttleyLaff: 9:30pm On Jan 05, 2017
Joagbaje:
He's been battling with cancer.
We should stop gossip and insinuations over people's lives
cc frosbel2, truthislight, lepasharon, petra1
Bishop Eddie Long Dying Of Stage 4 Cancer
https://www.nairaland.com/3342993/bishop-eddie-long-dying-stage

Re: What Is Happening To Bishop Eddie Long of New Birth Missionary Baptist Church ? by Nobody: 11:05pm On Jan 05, 2017
truthislight:
Any other person that believes he is also knowledgeable on the subject should also give answers too.

am waiting.

Peace all.

Faith is not based on the outcome, but rather on God's ability. Just because a person exercises faith in God to do something specific, doesn't mean that God will deliver him/her in the very way that the person is praying & believing in faith for. That's why Christians pray, "if it is your will Lord". Yes..it's definitely God's will that all humans will "prosper & be in good health" however we live in a sin-ravaged world..& oftentimes "bad" things happen to "good" people. No one is immune from the results of sin.
Only God can answer a prayer in His perfect will...
Re: What Is Happening To Bishop Eddie Long of New Birth Missionary Baptist Church ? by truthislight: 12:37am On Jan 06, 2017
Lady39:

Faith is not based on the outcome, but rather on God's ability. Just because a person exercises faith in God to do something specific, doesn't mean that God will deliver him/her in the very way that the person is praying & believing in faith for. That's why Christians pray, "if it is your will Lord". Yes..it's definitely God's will that all humans will "prosper & be in good health" however we live in a sin-ravaged world..& oftentimes "bad" things happen to "good" people. No one is immune from the results of sin.
Only God can answer a prayer in His perfect will...

I want to see scriptural backing that faith healing being successful or not depends on God.

Peace.
Re: What Is Happening To Bishop Eddie Long of New Birth Missionary Baptist Church ? by truthislight: 12:40am On Jan 06, 2017
Joagbaje:

@Joeagbaje

The man is a pastor.

He is a faith healer. No?

Working on his faith?

1 Like

Re: What Is Happening To Bishop Eddie Long of New Birth Missionary Baptist Church ? by truthislight: 12:43am On Jan 06, 2017
butterflylion:
Pls sir, ignore that JW.
You are registered 2016.
Pls do well to check when Joeagbaje was registered and when I was registered.
You think you know more than him?

1 Like

Re: What Is Happening To Bishop Eddie Long of New Birth Missionary Baptist Church ? by Joagbaje(m): 2:19pm On Jan 06, 2017
truthislight:

@Joeagbaje

The man is a pastor.

He is a faith healer. No?

Working on his faith?

Ofcourse the healing anointing is to minister to others . But dealing with yourself is by your faith.
Re: What Is Happening To Bishop Eddie Long of New Birth Missionary Baptist Church ? by Joagbaje(m): 2:25pm On Jan 06, 2017
MuttleyLaff:
cc frosbel2, truthislight, lepasharon, petra1
Bishop Eddie Long Dying Of Stage 4 Cancer

I thought the thread was closed
Re: What Is Happening To Bishop Eddie Long of New Birth Missionary Baptist Church ? by Nobody: 3:34pm On Jan 06, 2017
truthislight:

I want to see scriptural backing that faith healing being successful or not depends on God.

Peace.

Hi,

John 1: 1,3 "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God and the Word was God. "All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made."
There is God's authority to "heal" or "not heal" a person's sickness regardless of his/her faith. God knows best....His perfect will.

Romans 8:28 "And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God to them that are called according to His purpose."
Romans 6:23 "For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord."

I could give more scripture verses, but I stop at those three/four for now. I don't even know if Bishop Long is actually dying of cancer or not. What I do know is that no one is exempt from the consequences of a sin-ravaged world..whether he/she did something to cause the sickness or whether he/she did not.
Yes...sin is a beast..but beyond that beast is hope for the future for those who give their lives to Jesus..(even if death may have to occur).
Re: What Is Happening To Bishop Eddie Long of New Birth Missionary Baptist Church ? by Superpower(m): 4:26pm On Jan 06, 2017
Is he not the same pastor that had sex with some young boys in his church years back?
Re: What Is Happening To Bishop Eddie Long of New Birth Missionary Baptist Church ? by truthislight: 5:20pm On Jan 06, 2017
Joagbaje:

MuttleyLaff:
Kaposi sarcoma (KS) is a cancer that develops from the cells that line lymph or blood vessels. It was once an uncommon cancer that mainly affected older men of Mediterranean, Eastern European, or Middle Eastern ancestry, organ transplant patients, or young men in Africa. But in the past few decades, most KS cases in the United States have been linked to HIV infection in men who have sex with men. These cases are called epidemic KS (or AIDS-related KS).

KS is related to a second viral infection. This virus is called human herpesvirus 8 ( HHV-8 ) also known as Kaposi sarcoma-associated herpesvirus (KSHV). HHV-8 does not seem to cause disease in most healthy people. The HHV-8 virus is found in saliva, which may be one of the ways it is passed to others. In the United States, infection with HHV-8 is common among men who have sex with men, but it can also be shared between men and women.

In most cases, epidemic KS causes dark purplish or brownish spots (called lesions) on the skin or in the mouth. KS may also affect the lymph nodes and other organs, such as the digestive tract, lungs, liver, and spleen.

When they are first diagnosed, some people with HIV and KS have no other symptoms, especially if their only lesions are on the skin. But some – even those with no skin lesions – can have other symptoms, such as swollen lymph nodes, unexplained fever, or weight loss. Over time, epidemic KS spreads throughout the body. If KS involves a lot of the lung or intestine, it can be fatal.

To learn more about this type of cancer, see our document Kaposi Sarcoma.

http://www.cancer.org/cancer/cancercauses/othercarcinogens/infectiousagents/hivinfectionandaids/hiv-infection-and-aids-hiv-aids-and-cancer

http://www.cancer.org/cancer/kaposisarcoma/detailedguide/kaposi-sarcoma-what-is-kaposi-sarcoma

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLwWFdporfw
Technically its cancer, just like Clinton's infamous line ''I did not have sexual relations with that woman''
Love the various pop ups in this video,
they keep popping up at the right moment, as he comes out with an official but sanitised version of the situation

truthislight:
Have they verified that he is not on retroviral drugs?

Retro drugs have a way of eating off ones health due to the multiple organs that suffers along the way of fighting the viruses.

Anyway, if it is Such, they would not come open due to the hanging accusation of Homosexuality.
Re: What Is Happening To Bishop Eddie Long of New Birth Missionary Baptist Church ? by truthislight: 5:33pm On Jan 06, 2017
Lady39:

Hi,

John 1: 1,3 "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God and the Word was God. "All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made."
There is God's authority to "heal" or "not heal" a person's sickness regardless of his/her faith. God knows best....His perfect will.

Romans 8:28 "And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God to them that are called according to His purpose."
Romans 6:23 "For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord."

I could give more scripture verses, but I stop at those three/four for now. I don't even know if Bishop Long is actually dying of cancer or not. What I do know is that no one is exempt from the consequences of a sin-ravaged world..whether he/she did something to cause the sickness or whether he/she did not.
Yes...sin is a beast..but beyond that beast is hope for the future for those who give their lives to Jesus..(even if death may have to occur).

cool
Re: What Is Happening To Bishop Eddie Long of New Birth Missionary Baptist Church ? by truthislight: 2:49pm On Mar 09, 2017
Is it true this guy has died?

Eddie Long
Re: What Is Happening To Bishop Eddie Long of New Birth Missionary Baptist Church ? by petra1(m): 3:54pm On Mar 09, 2017
Re: What Is Happening To Bishop Eddie Long of New Birth Missionary Baptist Church ? by truthislight: 10:38pm On Mar 10, 2017
grin
Re: What Is Happening To Bishop Eddie Long of New Birth Missionary Baptist Church ? by truthislight: 10:39pm On Mar 10, 2017
Re: What Is Happening To Bishop Eddie Long of New Birth Missionary Baptist Church ? by petra1(m): 6:17am On Mar 11, 2017

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Time Machine Finally Invented / Where Is God In The Game Of Football? / Vision: Evil Laws That Will Make Holy Living Difficult

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.