Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,318 members, 7,780,782 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:06 PM

Is This Normal? Please Advice - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is This Normal? Please Advice (4055 Views)

My 4-Year-Old Niece Loves To Perceive Horrific Scents. Is This Normal? / Hello House! I'm I Normal? Please Help! / I Think I Think Too Much... Is This Normal?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is This Normal? Please Advice by WhyNa: 2:38pm On Jan 05, 2017
Hmm. We flenty sha
Re: Is This Normal? Please Advice by joycesims(f): 8:46pm On Jan 05, 2017
cheesy
Xensity:

At least you agree you are a weirdo, and I don't mean your personality type.

Op, how we perceive ourselves is essentially a product of our environment. There is no right or wrong personality. An extroverted personality has become sort of a prerequisite for functioning effectively without being perceived as odd in our present society, as a result of how our society has been structured and organized, and the social conventions it has occasioned. The extroverted personality is seen as attractive the same way "pencil trousers" are considered conventionally attractive for men, but that doesn't mean it's more objectively attractive than "baggy trousers" which was seen as attractive in the 90s. It's all cultural modulation. This is the same way the notions we have about our personalities and how we think we should behave changes with a shift in cultural norms.

But still, the reason why there are more extroverts than introverts is because extroverted traits conferred a huge survival advantage for our modern human ancestors when they lived in the wild, given that it's easier for a band of early humans who moved, played, chatted and hunted together to survive than for the loner who moved and hunted alone. So basically, extroverted traits got selected since the extroverted people were more likely to survive and pass down their genes. This evolutionary explanation for the disproportionate amount of extroverts compared to introverts seems a bit simplistic, but it's actually well subscribed in various academic fields. But like I'll always say, the prevalence of a particular behavior, personality or innate inclination doesn't make it any more normal than those that aren't as prevalent. This is a controversial view to hold, I know, but I can't attest for and defend it's veracity.

Click! Cheers sister cheesy
Re: Is This Normal? Please Advice by Chelseafan1: 6:24am On Jan 17, 2017
I am also one and I believe most introverts, especially the guys make faithful and loyal partners than most extroverts.
Re: Is This Normal? Please Advice by WhyNa: 6:59pm On Jan 17, 2017
Chelseafan1:
I am also one and I believe most introverts, especially the guys make faithful and loyal partners than most extroverts.

Same as the female ones. Faithfulness to start with is one of the reasons we don't or usually have just one friend who we've probably known for ages

1 Like

Re: Is This Normal? Please Advice by WhyNa: 9:30am On Mar 02, 2017
Does any one of you have soooo much emotional attachment to your bf/gf so much so that you always always want his/her attention (maybe to make up for the lack of friends) that it is termed being too clingy? How do you deal with this?
Re: Is This Normal? Please Advice by Eleganza33(f): 9:42am On Mar 03, 2017
WhyNa:
Does any one of you have soooo much emotional attachment to your bf/gf so much so that you always always want his/her attention (maybe to make up for the lack of friends) that it is termed being too clingy? How do you deal with this?
sure i also feel that way sometimes.i reduce the communication
Re: Is This Normal? Please Advice by WhyNa: 10:20am On Mar 03, 2017
Eleganza33:
sure i also feel that way sometimes.i reduce the communication

Yea but even that is difficult cos that one special person is you best friend, gossip mate, advicer, shoulder to cry on, first to hear the good news, brother, everything!

This temperament sha...
Re: Is This Normal? Please Advice by Eleganza33(f): 10:30am On Mar 03, 2017
WhyNa:

Yea but even that is difficult cos that one special person is you best friend, gossip mate, advicer, shoulder to cry on, first to hear the good news, brother, everything!

This temperament sha...
yes i know but snice you are not yet married to the girl she may feel you are bugging her just endure till you marry her na lol then she will always be available,for me when its much i just go my immediate younger sister she is my gossip mate and closer to me than the rest,you can try telling your sibling or that your male friend whom you said understand you for now

1 Like

Re: Is This Normal? Please Advice by WhyNa: 10:34am On Mar 03, 2017
Eleganza33:
yes i know but snice you are not yet married to the girl she may feel you are bugging her just endure till you marry her na lol then she will always be available,for me when its much i just go my immediate younger sister she is my gossip mate and closer to me than the rest,you can try telling your sibling or that your male friend whom you said understand you for now

Good idea. Thanks
Re: Is This Normal? Please Advice by Gentlevin: 11:57am On Mar 03, 2017
wowww so these pple are here too?. i just like being left alone, no distubances, either am in my room relaxing or watching movies and chat online only. I dont have frnds i vist cos i wont want any of dem comin to knock on my door to visit cos its a disturbance to me. Now dat am workin its worse cos i dont talk to my colleagues. i talk only if i need anythin from dem. from work to my house (lock myself inside) and stay inside til next mornin. i just like my life. pple around say i dont come out to gist but i dont care. i greet dem wen i pass dem.

1 Like

Re: Is This Normal? Please Advice by Gentlevin: 12:01pm On Mar 03, 2017
sometimes wen i talk to my mum, i ask her if i wil find a wife dat wil understand me. Cos sometimes i wil need to be alone and hope my future wife wont think am avoiding her. hmmmmm may Jah help we kind of pple.....
Re: Is This Normal? Please Advice by WhyNa: 8:12pm On Mar 03, 2017
It's good to know there are people out there like you
Re: Is This Normal? Please Advice by Opistorincos(m): 1:33pm On Mar 04, 2017
bro kindly stick to who you are, being an introvert is the best thing that can ever happen to you in life cos you will have fewer heartbreaks in terms of friends betraying your trust and all that and your life will be pretty simplified.

1 Like

Re: Is This Normal? Please Advice by damesilver(m): 2:17am On Mar 05, 2017
Well, if you are person who has inclination towards spirituality, you will be comfortable with the introvert personality. A lot of people around me think me boring and not fun to be with.

They are even suggestive of the difficultly I might have if I wish to have a girlfriend. I think it would be nicer for introvert personality to pair with introvert mate. They will understand each other better; and would not have to be constantly harassed with the need to change their basic personalities.

I take life as an individual thing. People are easily deceived because they are not having independent minds. They only walk on the strength of others.

If you cherish virtues such as honesty, faithfulness, strength of character, truth, whole truth and nothing but the truth, then, be prepared and unafraid to walk this life alone.

If you want to court the attention of men at all cost, and bend to their united taste and standard for good living, you may have to compromise your values.
Re: Is This Normal? Please Advice by WhyNa: 9:26am On Mar 05, 2017
About the issue of finding a better half, I think introverts really blend well with Extroverts who are willing to understand them and give them the space they want and fun occasionally

(1) (2) (Reply)

Help, My Wife Promised To Kill Me / Why Are Men Cooler With Being Single Than Women. / Confused Wife.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.