Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,222 members, 7,780,420 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 01:59 PM

Help! My $100 Worth Of Bitcoin I Deposited On Blockchain Wallet Disappeared - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Help! My $100 Worth Of Bitcoin I Deposited On Blockchain Wallet Disappeared (7647 Views)

Mine BTC On Your Blockchain Wallet For Free / Bring All Your Bitcoin I Buy At Best Rate / Do You Have A Blockchain Wallet and $1 ? Come in. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! My $100 Worth Of Bitcoin I Deposited On Blockchain Wallet Disappeared by mayorwesley: 12:59am On Jan 05, 2017
I bought 100 dollars worth of bitcoin and deposited into my blockchain wallet which i confirm yesterday, but today i opened my wallet to discover d 100 dollars bitcoin was gone and no transaction history of bitcoin deposite or transfer as regard dat amount. Pls I am new to this, can someone explain what is goin on. Im lost cos that is my hard earned money.
Re: Help! My $100 Worth Of Bitcoin I Deposited On Blockchain Wallet Disappeared by Nobody: 1:01am On Jan 05, 2017
grin you deposited it into a fake blockchain site

2 Likes

Re: Help! My $100 Worth Of Bitcoin I Deposited On Blockchain Wallet Disappeared by Nobody: 1:03am On Jan 05, 2017
chai
Re: Help! My $100 Worth Of Bitcoin I Deposited On Blockchain Wallet Disappeared by Nobody: 1:03am On Jan 05, 2017
we hv many phishing blockchain websites... one is even at the top.... anytime you search blockchain.info .. the phishing site always above the original site...
Re: Help! My $100 Worth Of Bitcoin I Deposited On Blockchain Wallet Disappeared by mayorwesley: 1:04am On Jan 05, 2017
NairalandDSS:
grin you deposited it into a fake blockchain site
But how, I had earlier deposited 50$ which is still there, how come this one just disappeared like that
Re: Help! My $100 Worth Of Bitcoin I Deposited On Blockchain Wallet Disappeared by Nobody: 1:06am On Jan 05, 2017
mayorwesley:

But how, I had earlier deposited 50$ which is still there, how come this one just disappeared like that

undecided check those sites well you did a mistake
Re: Help! My $100 Worth Of Bitcoin I Deposited On Blockchain Wallet Disappeared by mayorwesley: 1:09am On Jan 05, 2017
NairalandDSS:

undecided check those sites well you did a mistake
Pls how, d site is blockchain.info, or couldnt be d person that transfered to me, although i confirmed the transaction in d person presence.
Re: Help! My $100 Worth Of Bitcoin I Deposited On Blockchain Wallet Disappeared by mengho(m): 1:17am On Jan 05, 2017
cheesy, No worries na just 50,000 u lost, be careful next time
Re: Help! My $100 Worth Of Bitcoin I Deposited On Blockchain Wallet Disappeared by mayorwesley: 1:27am On Jan 05, 2017
mengho:
cheesy, No worries na just 50,000 u lost, be careful next time
Should i just withdraw the initial 50$ i have in the wallet then.
Could it be that blockchain.info has maybe network issues. Pls who has experienced this kind of thing before should help a brother out by sharing his experience
Re: Help! My $100 Worth Of Bitcoin I Deposited On Blockchain Wallet Disappeared by Nobody: 1:51am On Jan 05, 2017
There are many phishing sites .. Like Blockchein.info Blockkchaiin.info etc
You may have logged in via the wrong site.
And they've transferred every single cash you have.
Always type this directly from your Address next time > blockchain.info
Block and Chain , then , info ..
Re: Help! My $100 Worth Of Bitcoin I Deposited On Blockchain Wallet Disappeared by instinctg(m): 6:38am On Jan 05, 2017
you are very likely a victim of double spend. Blockhain have been experiencing this issue of recent.

read more here

https://blockchain.info/double-spends

https://www.cryptocompare.com/coins/guides/what-is-a-bitcoin-double-spend-and-how-does-it-work/
Re: Help! My $100 Worth Of Bitcoin I Deposited On Blockchain Wallet Disappeared by mayorwesley: 7:35am On Jan 05, 2017
lady2lady:
There are many phishing sites .. Like Blockchein.info
Blockkchaiin.info etc

You may have logged in via the wrong site.

And they've transferred every single cash you have.

Always type this directly from your Address next time > blockchain.info

Block and Chain , then , info ..
The site i am using which i just confirmed again is blockchain.info/wallet.
Re: Help! My $100 Worth Of Bitcoin I Deposited On Blockchain Wallet Disappeared by mayorwesley: 7:37am On Jan 05, 2017
instinctg:
you are very likely a victim of double spend. Blockhain have been experiencing this issue of recent.

read more here

https://blockchain.info/double-spends

https://www.cryptocompare.com/coins/guides/what-is-a-bitcoin-double-spend-and-how-does-it-work/
Ok, so is there a possibility that they have not confirmed my received fund, pls throw more light, its the bitcoin still goin to drop into my wallet.

1 Like

Re: Help! My $100 Worth Of Bitcoin I Deposited On Blockchain Wallet Disappeared by sanxynet(m): 9:55am On Jan 05, 2017
mayorwesley:
I bought 100 dollars worth of bitcoin and deposited into my blockchain wallet which i confirm yesterday, but today i opened my wallet to discover d 100 dollars bitcoin was gone and no transaction history of bitcoin deposite or transfer as regard dat amount. Pls I am new to this, can someone explain what is goin on. Im lost cos that is my hard earned money.
In simple layman word, the transaction has been reversed and the Bitcoin is with whoever sold it to you. Certain transaction requires 1-2 confirmation and if any of the confirmations is not confirmed then the Bitcoin goes back to the seller. Sometimes it can take days for the confirmation to take effect say like 2-5days. Contact whoever sold it to you but if you don't believe me then message blockchain support and lodge a formal complain at https://support.blockchain.com/hc/en-us/requests/new.
Try to buy from trusted people and avoid super cheap things.

4 Likes

Re: Help! My $100 Worth Of Bitcoin I Deposited On Blockchain Wallet Disappeared by chordrylateral(m): 10:17am On Jan 05, 2017
Don't worry it will come back,it has once happened to me and it reverted

My 159$ bitcoin disappeared with all my transaction history
Login and login and login till it appear
Always back your founds whenever you Ave a new bitcoin added to your wallet

Am sure you are using block chain app on your phone .
Re: Help! My $100 Worth Of Bitcoin I Deposited On Blockchain Wallet Disappeared by KAYD007(m): 10:40am On Jan 05, 2017
can any one say which is the correct site?

blockchain.info or blockchain. com

which?
Re: Help! My $100 Worth Of Bitcoin I Deposited On Blockchain Wallet Disappeared by robay(m): 11:04am On Jan 05, 2017
What!!! Make I run go check mine ooo
Re: Help! My $100 Worth Of Bitcoin I Deposited On Blockchain Wallet Disappeared by Viking007(m): 11:35am On Jan 05, 2017
KAYD007:
can any one say which is the correct site?

blockchain.info or blockchain. com

which?
blockchain.info.
Re: Help! My $100 Worth Of Bitcoin I Deposited On Blockchain Wallet Disappeared by instinctg(m): 2:12pm On Jan 05, 2017
mayorwesley:

Ok, so is there a possibility that they have not confirmed my received fund, pls throw more light, its the bitcoin still goin to drop into my wallet.

I am afraid not
Re: Help! My $100 Worth Of Bitcoin I Deposited On Blockchain Wallet Disappeared by mayorwesley: 2:17pm On Jan 05, 2017
chordrylateral:
Don't worry it will come back,it has once happened to me and it reverted

My 159$ bitcoin disappeared with all my transaction history
Login and login and login till it appear
Always back your founds whenever you Ave a new bitcoin added to your wallet

Am sure you are using block chain app on your phone .
Thanks for the help bro, I hope it reappears cos it seems you once experienced what i am experiencing now. Please how lon did it take for your bitcoin to be reversed. how many timed did you re-login. and lastly the help and support center on blockchain does not have live chat or call, evn the FAQs dont have this particular question or answer. I am beginning to think blockchain na fraud
Re: Help! My $100 Worth Of Bitcoin I Deposited On Blockchain Wallet Disappeared by mayorwesley: 2:29pm On Jan 05, 2017
sanxynet:

In simple layman word, the transaction has been reversed and the Bitcoin is with whoever sold it to you. Certain transaction requires 1-2 confirmation and if any of the confirmations is not confirmed then the Bitcoin goes back to the seller. Sometimes it can take days for the confirmation to take effect say like 2-5days. Contact whoever sold it to you but if you don't believe me then message blockchain support and lodge a formal complain at https://support.blockchain.com/hc/en-us/requests/new.
Try to buy from trusted people and avoid super cheap things.
Thanks for your advise, but have you ever experienced this kind of situation before, The support center for blockchain don't have chat or call and the FAQs don't have questions related to this particular situation. I also went to the company that sold the bitcoin to me and they said it had not reversed into there system, don't know what to do now.
Re: Help! My $100 Worth Of Bitcoin I Deposited On Blockchain Wallet Disappeared by mayorwesley: 2:31pm On Jan 05, 2017
instinctg:

I am afraid not
Please what do you mean, have you experienced this before or its just an assumption
Re: Help! My $100 Worth Of Bitcoin I Deposited On Blockchain Wallet Disappeared by deleo16(m): 2:38pm On Jan 05, 2017
Is it advisable to open another wallet with other website that offer btiocoin wallet since blockchain is having issues
Re: Help! My $100 Worth Of Bitcoin I Deposited On Blockchain Wallet Disappeared by KAYD007(m): 3:50pm On Jan 05, 2017
Aside blockchain.info, what other reputable and secure bit coin wallets are out there?
Re: Help! My $100 Worth Of Bitcoin I Deposited On Blockchain Wallet Disappeared by Nobody: 3:58pm On Jan 05, 2017
KAYD007:
Aside blockchain.info, what other reputable and secure bit coin wallets are out there?
localbitcoins .com
Re: Help! My $100 Worth Of Bitcoin I Deposited On Blockchain Wallet Disappeared by KAYD007(m): 4:38pm On Jan 05, 2017
kevinberry:
localbitcoins .com
Thanks.
Re: Help! My $100 Worth Of Bitcoin I Deposited On Blockchain Wallet Disappeared by Achimaechi(m): 4:54pm On Jan 05, 2017
[quote author=KAYD007 post=52557386]Aside blockchain.info, what other reputable and secure bit coin wallets are out there?

Electrum wallet
download it from https:// electrum.org

another advice don't use any wallet address you dont have it private keys or password.
And pls don't use any bitcoin wallet address from localbitcoin they will transfer all ur coin, they will never allow you put to any security measure on your wallet, and again they have the private keys to your wallet.
Re: Help! My $100 Worth Of Bitcoin I Deposited On Blockchain Wallet Disappeared by youngdad: 4:58pm On Jan 05, 2017
I just pray u get your money.go and read my write up on will bitcoin survice 2017,many sec guy at blockchain are on their way to chinko country.Guys shine your eyes.
Re: Help! My $100 Worth Of Bitcoin I Deposited On Blockchain Wallet Disappeared by instinctg(m): 7:32pm On Jan 05, 2017
mayorwesley:

Please what do you mean, have you experienced this before or its just an assumption

I have heard of recent incidences, you can escalate to Blockchain support for assistance though I doubt if they ll be able to resolve it

(1) (2) (Reply)

Architectural Design Of A 4 Bedroom Duplex / Online Tasks That Pay - My Experience / Pls Any Lucrative Bizness I Could Start With 1million Naira

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.