Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,666 members, 7,801,923 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:03 AM

What I Experienced In My Friend's House. - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What I Experienced In My Friend's House. (40543 Views)

At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life / My Friend's Wife Keeps Disturbing Me For Money / Missing 13-year Old Boy Found Tied Up In His Mother's Friend's House (see Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What I Experienced In My Friend's House. by soath(m): 1:21pm On Jan 06, 2017
George22016:
I day fear my grand parents make them no do jazz for my body.I don't eat anything they give me
Expect the same from your grandchildren.

4 Likes

Re: What I Experienced In My Friend's House. by zanogo(m): 1:23pm On Jan 06, 2017
ArabMopol:
I wish I can just resurrect my paternal grandmother and strangle her to death ... some old women can be witch , don't ask me why
lol!!! i know that feeling, when you feel someone deserve more punishment for his/her deeds but death took the person...Leave the rest for God
Re: What I Experienced In My Friend's House. by Coldfeet(f): 1:25pm On Jan 06, 2017
May God have mercy on us.

Wish I met mine cry cry cry cry
Re: What I Experienced In My Friend's House. by ArabMopol(m): 1:25pm On Jan 06, 2017
zanogo:

lol!!! i know that feeling, when you feel someone deserve more punishment for his/her deeds but death took the person...Leave the rest for God
u really understand how I felt, but her punishment suppose to be here on earth
Re: What I Experienced In My Friend's House. by Category1: 1:27pm On Jan 06, 2017
Is not that I don't like my grandma, my two grandmas are alive but grandpas dead.
But the thing is that since wen my mum's own cme to leave with us, she as been so lazy, becos we cook and all things for her.
We are still students(part time)and it's very difficult to be taking care of ur grandmum and be looking at school again....her own food will always be different, her everything must always be different, but wen she was in the village she wasn't as lazy as this....even my mum and her brother is always angry with her and my mum told me that my grandfather do insult her wen they were young "always calling her a lazy woman, that simple fish she can't even buy for the family"
BTW she's still in her 70's.
While my father's own stays in the village, but we love her so much because she's very lively and strong and she's in her 90's.
Re: What I Experienced In My Friend's House. by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 1:28pm On Jan 06, 2017
My maternal grandparents and still alive and they mean a lot to me. Grow up with my grandpa and right now i spend most of my time with grandma. Still have a great grandma from my mother's side.
One needs to appreciate old people in the societybwhether u are related to them or not. Just that some people have been taught by their parents to avoid old people simply because of the belief that old people are witches forgetting that they will grow old someday. one just needs to understand them cos they can be very annoying sometimea. and can be full of fun too. they can be very stubborn too and might want things to be done that same old way they have been doing them which can be very frustrating for younger generation. That's not enough reason for us to neglect them.

1 Like

Re: What I Experienced In My Friend's House. by Nobody: 1:29pm On Jan 06, 2017
Temmytea70:

Pls,speak english

Sorryi was typing on the phone I tend to miss some letters or autocorrect
Re: What I Experienced In My Friend's House. by Nobody: 1:31pm On Jan 06, 2017
You spend the last ounce of blood in your body, working damn hard and the world says, you need to get married, time is not on your side, you need to grow with your kids, you need grown up kids to take care of you at all age. Fucck All That Nonsense. I always hold a dissent view in Life, no one presented me with a manual caption; "How To Live". I brood through this life on my own and the efforts I make are mine and when people are programmed into getting married early, they loose their own selfishness, they loose their own self love. They transfer the love to a woman they call wife and women surrender their lives to their husbands and handover their totally unalloyed love to their children, hoping, just hoping the kids will take care of them at old age.

And I ask; If the Almighty Federal and State Governments can not take care of the pensions of the retired workers who slaved all their active years and pay monthly retirement savings hoping to have retirement benefits, while spending the stipends called Salaries to raise a family, who will by the way forget them, run away from them, think they are liabilities, why the fucck must I follow that same line of thoughts and actions. Never.

Do not worry about your age, forget about time, time doesnt exist, just focus on making success out of sex source and when you are comfortable, make a baby or two, but before then, secure your retirement income source because Life, as you know it, is pretty bleeped up.

Grand parents are either considered witches/wizards or too timid and even when they take care of aged parents, they act as if they are doing their parents a great favor.

If grandparents are treated that way, what will happen to us at old age since the population of the world is rising and wealth creation opportunities are shrinking. Our grand kids and kids may not have enough to live a comfortable life in the next 40yrs needless to say they will have crumps left for us. SO, I ask you guys to invest for your future, and invesment that will still be generating income in the next 50yrs and want is that income source ?

Let me tell you something no one has told you. "God is no longer creating more land on planet earth, and those who can sandfill the oceans will do it at a huge chunk of profit. Go back home and possess your possession or buy someone out. At least you need a grave.

1 Like

Re: What I Experienced In My Friend's House. by wintersnow(m): 1:33pm On Jan 06, 2017
SweetyZinta:
#soSad

no matter what she deserves to be treated better.

Aww you're too sweet
Re: What I Experienced In My Friend's House. by Nobody: 1:33pm On Jan 06, 2017
The earliest memory I have of my paternal grandmother is when I was 8 years old. She was a very funny story teller then to whenever we visit Christmas holiday. She would take us on fishing trip while taking us down the memory lane of her life like "it's on this small island here that I used to run to whenever I offended my parents as a little girl" and so on.

She shown me and my brother so much love that then we wouldn't want to leave for Lagos and cry our eyes out.

9 years after when I just finished my secondary school, she developed strokes and she was hospitalized. Because of the love we share, I wouldn't want to leave her. I would weep like a baby till the nurses starts yabbing me (you know some nurses get bad mouth)

After she was discharge from the hospital, we found out that the stroke as caused her to lose some of her normal sef. In a nutshell, she started behaving in a VERY VERY ANNOYING manner. But then we accepted her for who she is cos we remembered her for who she was; when she was the grandma that once took the blame for the local pot my elder brother broke just to safe him from beating (then ma dad can beat person more than soldier), when she will bring dry fishes for us and insisted she will cook it herself cos It's a blessing for her to know we ate from what she cook. We care for her till she passed on.

Note: If we were not close to her when we were kids and suddenly they just brought one paralysed old woman and they tell us that this is our grandmother. We would treat her with contempt based on what her 'idiotic' behaviour then.

Lesson: Create family bond between your children and your parents. Make your children understand that your parent is their parents parents. And if they give you one cup of love, your parent deserve 3 cups of love because old people has higher need of love than younger ones......

Generally, Live your life with all your family and friends like they are leaving you tomorrow.

8 Likes

Re: What I Experienced In My Friend's House. by Temmytea70(m): 1:34pm On Jan 06, 2017
pcguru1:

Sorryi was typing on the phone I tend to miss some letters or autocorrect

Don't take my words serious..m just teasing...who english epp
Re: What I Experienced In My Friend's House. by Nobody: 1:39pm On Jan 06, 2017
Coldfeet:
May God have mercy on us.
Wish I met mine cry cry cry cry
Really? you mean you didn't meet any of the four?
Re: What I Experienced In My Friend's House. by Nobody: 1:42pm On Jan 06, 2017
AngelsAndStars:
you can imagine I had to bring it to online. it's that bad. I have never seen anyone okay with her. I feel so bad for her.

I always imagine me in such situation, lonely and stuffs.

if she dies now they'd be the first to cry and kill cow. humans

Please try to talk to your friend about it.

Tell him the importance of having them around.

Those that have legs don't know how to wear good shoes.
Re: What I Experienced In My Friend's House. by Makamuanwuo(m): 1:42pm On Jan 06, 2017
George22016:
I day fear my grand parents make them no do jazz for my body.I don't eat anything they give me

I prefer to stay with my granny than my mum, I feel more comfortable with her telling me history about our family,she tough me alot of things, her food is good even my mum is jealous.all the male child in our family love her bcoz she is our role model.

she die at age of 105yr

may her soul Rip amen.

3 Likes

Re: What I Experienced In My Friend's House. by muffyt05: 1:42pm On Jan 06, 2017
My grandma,may God rest her soul was one of the few people I genuinely love(d). She was always willing and ready to do anything for the wellbeing of her children/grand children. Died in my hands,didn't cry but shed inner tears and still occasionally wishes she were around. That was my grandma,an angel to us all

1 Like

Re: What I Experienced In My Friend's House. by Nobody: 1:43pm On Jan 06, 2017
lestat:

Nope its a shallow stupid comment.. there is no excuse for doing the wrong thing

it depends on the angle we are both looking at it from though.

But she spoke the truth. although it might not be a good excuse but It's a good truth.
Re: What I Experienced In My Friend's House. by beautiesplace: 1:47pm On Jan 06, 2017
George22016:
How old are you sef
Re: What I Experienced In My Friend's House. by shumuel(m): 1:49pm On Jan 06, 2017
AngelsAndStars:
I have never lived with my grand parents for long. in fact, all 4 of them are dead now sadly.

but I notice something, in my friends house their grand ma lives with them but I hardly see them talk to her, the few times I did its either they are complaining to her about something she did asin yelling at her. please they are a cool family because I have known them for all my life. but I am always confused about how they deal with the old woman.

I always feel pity for her because I imagine how lonely she would be. maybe am just judging from afar I don't know, recently she jokingly did something but my friend didn't take it lightly, I felt some how sha

share your experience, how you relate with your grand parents living with you or what other situations have you noticed from friends or extended families.

Op i feel you.

This is the norm in most African states most especially Nigeria, we get scared of the/our old ones because of the way they look and somethings because of there evil ways.

We can not side line the fact that most or should i say some of them are evil and wicked, i still don't know why but i'll blame it on traditions and lack of total faithfulness in religion.

Most of these old men tend to harm grand/children of friends who the percieve more successful than their own children, sometime i believe its because they feel neglected and not well taking care of.

They forget live is not as easy as it was in there own time.

Now imagine this:

You have to strugle for yourself, your wife/partner, your kids, your siblings and their kids, your parents, your partners parents, his/her siblings, their kids(nephew/niece) and sometimes even friends would seek for your help,, all these most be attended to before you can remember your grandparents who are mostly far away in the villages.

Bottom line, the culture and traditions of Africa, mostly Nigeria is the cause of it all, imagine the numbers of people on your neck, especially for we the males, mehn! Its not easy, which is the reason most people run away from their grands.

Gone are they days you are so existed to visit your grandparents.

But we really need a change!

Its really sad with the way things had turn/change, sigh... sad

1 Like

Re: What I Experienced In My Friend's House. by shumuel(m): 1:52pm On Jan 06, 2017
AngelsAndStars:
I have never lived with my grand parents for long.

Op i feel you.

This is the norm in most African states most especially Nigeria, we get scared of the/our old ones because of the way they look and somethings because of there evil ways.

We can not side line the fact that most or should i say some of them are evil and wicked, i still don't know why but i'll blame it on traditions and lack of total faithfulness in religion.

Most of these old men tend to harm grand/children of friends who the percieve more successful than their own children, sometime i believe its because they feel neglected and not well taking care of.

Now imagine this:

You have to strugle for yourself, your wife/partner, your kids, your siblings and their kids, your parents, your partners parents, his/her siblings, their kids(nephew/niece) and sometimes even friends would seek for your help,, all these most be attended to before you can remember your grandparents who are mostly far away in the villages.

Bottom line, the culture and traditions of Africa, mostly Nigeria is the cause of it all, imagine the numbers of people on your neck, especially for we the males, mehn! Its not easy, which is the reason most people run away from their grands.

Re: What I Experienced In My Friend's House. by Nobody: 1:52pm On Jan 06, 2017
George22016:

For real? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Why don't you research about whatever you heard concerning them and if it's true, you seek for subtle ways of resolving them in orther to enjoy the dividents of peacefully united family else you may find yourself in their shoes when aged.

Note that they are epitom of blessings to those that cherish them, basket of wisdom and comedians. Please love them.
Re: What I Experienced In My Friend's House. by Nobody: 1:55pm On Jan 06, 2017
Ma Grannies Re Still Alive And Healthy. Just Dat Ma Dad's Parent Can Bhave Childish At Times Lyk Cryin, Complainin Etc. Ma Mum's Dad Is Late Buh D Mum Is Just Too Fun To B Wit. She's Really A Nice Woman. Jush Wish I Have More Money Nd Time To Giv Dem A Treat B4 Dy All Travel To China. Lols
Re: What I Experienced In My Friend's House. by AngelsAndStars(m): 1:56pm On Jan 06, 2017
shumuel:

Op i feel you.

Now imagine this:

well, you are very correct but my case is that I grew up and lived in Lagos. the few times I spent with my grand mums were briefly when they came to Lagos, even then we were too young to understand what they really were.

we Africans still don't have good philosophical background about life. we are so caught up with the traditional trend.
Re: What I Experienced In My Friend's House. by Nobody: 1:57pm On Jan 06, 2017
Richy4:

That's what it is bro Karma......It always arrive very late in it's dealings that's why I hated it's form of justice...the oppressed will cry and beg for justice...but it will never show up on time ....I don't know why it takes time ..maybe applying lipstick and doing pedicure for revenge.. .....I think karma is a woman cool Lady Karma

Karma takes too long, like it waits for people to forget before showing up. . . . . .
Re: What I Experienced In My Friend's House. by AngelsAndStars(m): 1:58pm On Jan 06, 2017
B4bestbrain:

Please try to talk to your friend about it.

Tell him the importance of having them around.

Those that have legs don't know how to wear good shoes.
it's hard to do that trust me. but I think I have to say something. also it could be that am missing something you know.
Re: What I Experienced In My Friend's House. by AngelsAndStars(m): 2:01pm On Jan 06, 2017
ArabMopol:
I wish I can just resurrect my paternal grandmother and strangle her to death ... some old women can be witch , don't ask me why
please share with us.
Re: What I Experienced In My Friend's House. by AngelsAndStars(m): 2:03pm On Jan 06, 2017
lestat:

Hahahhahahahha, i laugh, really? did any parent decide they would treat their child's children bad? hahhahahhahahhaha... its not up to you to decide if you are good to them its them to decide if they like you. But trust me with this hate i see i n your post, you will shed tears of misery when you are old!! Ten times what you made her shed., WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND
I think the first thing you should have asked him is what that grand ma did

1 Like

Re: What I Experienced In My Friend's House. by AngelsAndStars(m): 2:04pm On Jan 06, 2017
harriet412:
I stayed with my grandma for the first time last Christmas even though I could barely communicate with her, I felt her love . She kept staring at me and wondered how I had grown so big .

Bottom line, I love my grandma.

great.
Re: What I Experienced In My Friend's House. by AngelsAndStars(m): 2:05pm On Jan 06, 2017
Yuneehk:
I have three grandparents alive. You can't treat my paternal grandma anyhow 'cause she's hot on her own.
My maternal grandma is presently with us but we don't really talk except she wants to send me on errand. She's quite reserved but smiles a lot. You should see her bless us when we buy her the smallest of things especially edible ones. I'm probably lucky to have them smiley
3? aaaawww come dash me one na
Re: What I Experienced In My Friend's House. by Yuneehk(f): 2:10pm On Jan 06, 2017
AngelsAndStars:
3? aaaawww come dash me one na
I'm looking for extra one to make it complete 4 and you want me to give you one... I no dash grin
Re: What I Experienced In My Friend's House. by shumuel(m): 2:11pm On Jan 06, 2017
AngelsAndStars:
well, you are very correct but my case is that I grew up and lived in Lagos. the few times I spent with my grand mums were briefly when they came to Lagos, even then we were too young to understand what they really were.

we Africans still don't have good philosophical background about life. we are so caught up with the traditional trend.

Exactly my point, but i believe with technology we can close those gaps.

I don't need to visit anyone anymore before we can talk,chat, and even see eachother,, apps like IMO, Whatsapp, Facebook e.t.c has been doing some magic,, my sisters kids now see their grand parents every weekend on IMO, they chat for as long as subscription can allow, i talk with them a lot too,,, i'll like for everyone to employ such ideas also, atleast its something, it makes them laugh and be able to recognize their grandkids.
Re: What I Experienced In My Friend's House. by AngelsAndStars(m): 2:21pm On Jan 06, 2017
Yuneehk:

I'm looking for extra one to make it complete 4 and you want me to give you one... I no dash grin
Lolz. I don't even have one. pains me a lot. I didn't see my grand daybreak but I saw my grand ma's though briefly cos they visited us in Lagos. even at that we were too young to understand their importance. am not happy about that.
Re: What I Experienced In My Friend's House. by 2rez: 2:24pm On Jan 06, 2017

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Why Are Nigerian Mother In-laws Too Mean Towards Their Daughter In-laws?. / 17-Year-Old Girl Rescues Her 3 Sisters From Burning House In Anambra (Photo) / ~ Why Husbands int!mate With Their Maids ~

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.