Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,372 members, 7,808,297 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:00 AM

Pastor Tunde Bakare Blows Hot (why I Quit Redeemed Church) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Tunde Bakare Blows Hot (why I Quit Redeemed Church) (15081 Views)

Pastor Tunde Bakare's Daughter Wedding In London Today / Pastor Tunde Bakare Saw An Igbo Giant Pursuing Him In Dream - Sahara Reporters / Pastor Tunde Bakare Blows Hot ! ( Why I Quit Redeemed Church ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pastor Tunde Bakare Blows Hot (why I Quit Redeemed Church) by KunleOshob(m): 10:23am On Nov 22, 2009
From here: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-355636.0.html

SUMMARY OF 12 PAGES OFTHE NEWS MAGAZINE

1", in Nigeria the worst of us are leading the best of us!,

2, umaru yar'adua our first Nigerian graduate/lecturer president is a round peg in a square hole, he is totally unfit to lead this nation!,

3, yar'adua could not careless whether Nigeria is sick or healthy as he is battling with his own health, an honest man would have thought that he owes his nation the duty to say that he does not have the mental capacity or the energy to continue to lead,

4, i am still watching and waiting to see where, this tree of ibori will fall, until those daylight robbers who have stolen this nation blind are dealt with don't listen to anyone who says there's a campaign against corruption,

5, the PDP will be derailed one of these days,

6, Bishop Oyedepo engages in occultic practices with all that mantle,oil,handkerchiefs etc, i tore his books to shred,

7, any pastor who tells you that things will be tight for you because you don't pay tithe wants to cheat you, your contributions to any church should not be guided or programmed, unfortunately many church leaders go into projects God never asked of them and in the process make life difficult for their members,

8,  church service on sunday, special meeting on monday and tuesday, bible study on wednesday, night vigil on friday and house fellowship on saturday, when are you going to live the life you are being taught?, that is the sign of apostacy it also shows that your leaders are only interested in the gospel of wealth!, "

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For full text of interview visit: http://thenewsng.com/cover-story/why-i-quit-redeemed-church/2009/11

Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare Blows Hot (why I Quit Redeemed Church) by posakosa(m): 12:14pm On Nov 22, 2009
I want to see the number of NLders who will say God will strike Bakare dead for talking about another man of God. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

and the sage continues-----
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare Blows Hot (why I Quit Redeemed Church) by PastorAIO: 12:23pm On Nov 22, 2009
Pentecostalism is beginning to implode from within. Perhaps over the next few months much will be exposed that will open the eyes of many.
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare Blows Hot (why I Quit Redeemed Church) by sandee575(f): 12:58pm On Nov 22, 2009
Pastor Bakare cuts accross like a religious pragmatist. He just earned
himself a convert.
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare Blows Hot (why I Quit Redeemed Church) by akinbola2: 1:43pm On Nov 22, 2009
Initially i liked pastor Bakare,but now my interest is changing,don't be an agent of confusion to earn popularity.Bishop Oyedepo is highly blessed of the Lord,Pastor Adeboye is endowed with blessings also.if he doesnt believe in them let him face his church instead of behaving like a non christian.He has criticised so many politicians correctly b4,but not to trample on people with greater anointing,beside how many souls has he won in ogba-ikeja where his church is domiciled.i know everybody in Ota is happy with winners chapel and bishop oyedepo including the Ota witches and Olota of Ota,it is the lord's doing.Pastor Bakare will criticise politicians publicly like he has nothing to do with them and yet go to preach 4them silently during celebration.I remember him coming to Gbenga Daniel's 53rd birthday to preach,i saw him cos i was invited,and he was saying sweet things to Daniel,He didnt tell him to change of his maladministration and deceitful behaviour.can he say he didnt take gift of visitation from the Governor? well am not surprised afterall Pastor Obadare said he Pastor Bimbo Odukoya in hell fire,wonders shall never end.just leave Bakare for God.
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare Blows Hot (why I Quit Redeemed Church) by posakosa(m): 1:47pm On Nov 22, 2009
akinbola2:

Initially i liked pastor Bakare,but now my interest is changing,don't be an agent of confusion to earn popularity.Bishop Oyedepo is highly blessed of the Lord,Pastor Adeboye is endowed with blessings also.if he doesnt believe in them let him face his church instead of behaving like a non christian.He has criticised so many politicians correctly b4,but not to trample on people with greater anointing,beside how many souls has he won in ogba-ikeja where his church is domiciled.i know everybody in Ota is happy with winners chapel and bishop oyedepo including the Ota witches and Olota of Ota,it is the lord's doing.Pastor Bakare will criticise politicians publicly like he has nothing to do with them and yet go to preach 4them silently during celebration.I remember him coming to Gbenga Daniel's 53rd birthday to preach,i saw him cos i was invited,and he was saying sweet things to Daniel,He didnt tell him to change of his maladministration and deceitful behaviour.can he say he didnt take gift of visitation from the Governor? well am not surprised afterall Pastor Obadare said he saw Pastor Bimbo Odukoya in hell fire,wonders shall never end.just leave Bakare for God.

They have started to appear. grin
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare Blows Hot (why I Quit Redeemed Church) by olabowale(m): 1:57pm On Nov 22, 2009
bakare should adopt a different last name, because bakare is abu bakr in some yoruba variants! the darn keferi should drop all islamic pointers he ignorantly cling to! if my name were Paul when i was a christian, i would drop it like a hot potato the moment i become muslim!
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare Blows Hot (why I Quit Redeemed Church) by KunleOshob(m): 1:58pm On Nov 22, 2009
akinbola2:

Initially i liked pastor Bakare,but now my interest is changing,don't be an agent of confusion to earn popularity.Bishop Oyedepo is highly blessed of the Lord,Pastor Adeboye is endowed with blessings also.if he doesnt believe in them let him face his church instead of behaving like a non christian.He has criticised so many politicians correctly b4,but not to trample on people with greater anointing,beside how many souls has he won in ogba-ikeja where his church is domiciled.i know everybody in Ota is happy with winners chapel and bishop oyedepo including the Ota witches and Olota of Ota,it is the lord's doing.Pastor Bakare will criticise politicians publicly like he has nothing to do with them and yet go to preach 4them silently during celebration.I remember him coming to Gbenga Daniel's 53rd birthday to preach,i saw him cos i was invited,and he was saying sweet things to Daniel,He didnt tell him to change of his maladministration and deceitful behaviour.can he say he didnt take gift of visitation from the Governor? well am not surprised afterall Pastor Obadare said he saw Pastor Bimbo Odukoya in hell fire,wonders shall never end.just leave Bakare for God.

It's is ok to criticize crooked politicians but when he critisizes crooked practises in the church and crooked pastors he as crossed the line. Please note that some pastor as better maketing skills which translates to a larger congregation does not mean greater or more annointing, for all you know none of them might even have an ounce of annointing. As per every body in Otta being happy with bishop Oledepo, i beg to disagree, we have some of his former students at Covenant University on this forum like Tudor who are mostly very up set with the way the bishop exploited them.
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare Blows Hot (why I Quit Redeemed Church) by posakosa(m): 1:59pm On Nov 22, 2009
olabowale:

bakare should adopt a different last name, because bakare is abu bakr in some yoruba variants! the darn keferi should drop all islamic pointers he ignorantly cling to! if my name were Paul when i was a christian, i would drop it like a hot potato the moment i become muslim!

pls this is not about Christian vs. Muslim---- <that makes for boring conversation> now keep it moving.  wink
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare Blows Hot (why I Quit Redeemed Church) by olabowale(m): 2:19pm On Nov 22, 2009
did i say its christian/muslim? i simply suggested he drops all relic of Islam! is that too much to ask and for you to reason? abeg, keep it moving.
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare Blows Hot (why I Quit Redeemed Church) by papagiddy(m): 3:00pm On Nov 22, 2009
well, he is a controversial pastor all along. am not surprise at all at his outburst. just that am suspecting jealousy
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare Blows Hot (why I Quit Redeemed Church) by Tudor6(f): 3:42pm On Nov 22, 2009
I'm begining to love this pastor day after day.
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare Blows Hot (why I Quit Redeemed Church) by AKO1(m): 3:57pm On Nov 22, 2009
From the summary, the bulk of what he said was [b]not [/b]why he quit Redeemed Church.

Why do we like to be so over-sensational?

Anyway @ topic, i hope Bakare does not have any skeletons in his closet.

Otherwise he's doing what most other church leaders are scared to do, which indeed is the will of God. Right from the Old Testament prophets of God charted the direction of nations.

For 8 yrs the church leaders, quote and unquote, had unlimited access to the no 1 leader of this country and they kept quiet. Whether those in power would have flinched or not is another issue. The point is that they kept quiet and are directly responsible for some of the problems in Nigeria today.
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare Blows Hot (why I Quit Redeemed Church) by otokx(m): 4:13pm On Nov 22, 2009
That heading is quite misleading; Tunde Bakare talked on so many other issues.
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare Blows Hot (why I Quit Redeemed Church) by noetic15(m): 4:46pm On Nov 22, 2009
KunleOshob:

It's is ok to criticize crooked politicians but when he critisizes crooked practises in the church and crooked pastors he as crossed the line. Please note that some pastor as better maketing skills which translates to a larger congregation does not mean greater or more annointing, for all you know none of them might even have an ounce of annointing. As per every body in Otta being happy with bishop Oledepo, i beg to disagree, we have some of his former students at Covenant University on this forum like Tudor who are mostly very up set with the way the bishop exploited them.
Spot on . . . , GBAM!!!!

how does one even measure anointing. . .its definitely not by church members?. . . .
. . . . I have heard unconfirmed stories about oyedepo's occultism many years ago. . , . . .bakare's points may not be far from the truth.
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare Blows Hot (why I Quit Redeemed Church) by honeric01(m): 5:10pm On Nov 22, 2009
Uhm, well i can't judge any of them because i might be treading on a thin rope.
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare Blows Hot (why I Quit Redeemed Church) by Marlbron: 5:19pm On Nov 22, 2009
HE WHO IS WITHOUT SIN, CAST THE FIRST STONE!

And he did cast several stones. Is he not guilty of

a) Fake prophecy
b) Money grabbing
c) Attention seeking aka controversial

L&G, do you get the feeling that these guys are all fake from A to Z?
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare Blows Hot (why I Quit Redeemed Church) by segyemaro(m): 6:26pm On Nov 22, 2009
We are all entitle to our opinions. There must be an iotal of truth in wat he said,at least for voicing out.
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare Blows Hot (why I Quit Redeemed Church) by REALTRUTH1: 7:29pm On Nov 22, 2009
I have always said that the only pastor I respect in Nigeria apart from Pastro Kumuyi is Tunde Bakare,,,,U don't even have to be a Christian or a pastor to fault what many of these pastors are doing,,,its just simple reason and logic without quoting the scripture,,,U would just fault their activities,,,everything they do is human knowledge and that is why you would find people like Tudor,Huxely etc to logically criticize their activities,,,
Everything Tunde Bakare has said on this interview has been said by our NL Pastor Kunleosho,,,,but people called him names because he is not a known manipulative pastor.Some body should tell me,,,how can anybody convince you God is in the bottle or U carry God in a bottle,,,therefore, what then is having faith in God,,,The Bible defined faith as this:
"The substance of things hoped for and the evidence of things not seen" if faith in God is not seen physically why would any pastor, Bishop tell me I can feel God or carry God in a bottle and I would believe?,,,this simply is the height of brainwashing and worshipping God of men instead of worshipping God,,
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare Blows Hot (why I Quit Redeemed Church) by Xorenxo(m): 8:00pm On Nov 22, 2009
Pastor Sindiku Abu Bakare should go back to Islam because he has failed in his adopted religion by false prophesy,jealousy(a fruit of the flesh),false doctrine.He is a one branch Pastor always criticising Pastor with 10,000 branches.Is his anointing that of Criticism.He is unnecessarily ambitious and envious.He is a comedian on the pulpit who wants popularity on the pages of newspaper rather than concentrating on salvation of his soul and that of congregation.He should note Prophet Abiara's findings on Pastor Bimbo in Heaven and learn that education is not annointing!Oratory is not annointing!! Criticism is not annointing!!!
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare Blows Hot (why I Quit Redeemed Church) by Tudor6(f): 8:47pm On Nov 22, 2009
Xorenxo:

He is a one branch Pastor always criticising Pastor with 10,000 branches.Is his anointing that of Criticism.He is unnecessarily ambitious and envious.He is a comedian on the pulpit who wants popularity on the pages of newspaper rather than concentrating on salvation of his soul and that of congregation.He should note Prophet Abiara's findings on Pastor Bimbo in Heaven and learn that education is not annointing!Oratory is not annointing!! Criticism is not annointing!!!
Ehen. . . .?
So having 10,000 branches is anointing!
Luxury Private jet is anointing and I'm guessing by your posts, sugar mummies are anointing too!
Xorenxo:

Let dem try young boys to satisfy their urges.Interested housewives can try http://sugarmummies..com where there are hundreds of toyboys willng to satisfy dem.
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare Blows Hot (why I Quit Redeemed Church) by BADLEE: 9:00pm On Nov 22, 2009
Tudor Tudor Tudor , how many times ? person no go die for you,
are you a comedian ?
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare Blows Hot (why I Quit Redeemed Church) by No2Atheism(m): 9:14pm On Nov 22, 2009
@Tudor

Can you please do a biographical expose of your experience at Covenant University so that we can know part of the root cause of why u have come to despise the Creator . . .
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare Blows Hot (why I Quit Redeemed Church) by duduspace(m): 10:29pm On Nov 22, 2009
Tunde Bakare has always been the most forthright pastor I knew of in Nigeria, he has his unsubstantiated delusions about religion but he is mostly a sincere individual who calls things as he sees them.
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare Blows Hot (why I Quit Redeemed Church) by mazaje(m): 10:53pm On Nov 22, 2009
Endless wars in the so called body of christ. . . . . .I laugh in aramaic. . . .
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare Blows Hot (why I Quit Redeemed Church) by TheSeeker(m): 5:11am On Nov 23, 2009
I always knew there was something not right about Oyedepo
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare Blows Hot (why I Quit Redeemed Church) by sharpman1(m): 9:45am On Nov 23, 2009
Marlbron:

HE WHO IS WITHOUT SIN, CAST THE FIRST STONE!

And he did cast several stones. Is he not guilty of

a) Fake prophecy
b) Money grabbing
c) Attention seeking aka controversial

L&G, do you get the feeling that these guys are all fake from A to Z?

I totally agree with you except the part that suggests that everyone is fake.

I identify with some of Pastor Bakare's points but he is also guilty of some of his accusations. Does he receive tithe from his congregation? Does he know the source of income of ALL the people that attend his church? Does he organize regular meetings or conventions that people attend (the nomenclature attached notwithstanding)?

According to him, he has moved from one church to another (i can't remember how many) before he started Latter rain Assembly. He strikes me as someone who believes that any interpretation of the scriptures that is different from his own interpretation is wrong. That might explain why he had to move around until he got to a point where he would not be answerable to anyone.

I don't know what his motives are but i think we can learn from some of his assertions. We need to develop Christians that can truly study the word by themselves and not take everything sold to them hook, line and sinker without asking questions.
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare Blows Hot (why I Quit Redeemed Church) by Orilee9ice(m): 2:57pm On Nov 23, 2009
shocked cry errrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!! hummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!! Those of u critizing MEN OF GOD beware oh!,  Do not use your own Hands (and mouth in some cases) to debar your many blessings from coming to you, a word is enough 4 di wise oh,  errrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!! hummmmmmmmmmm!! make u no say we no tell u oh, i have said my own! shocked cool Gbammmmm!! Gbosa!!!

Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare Blows Hot (why I Quit Redeemed Church)
« #25 on: Today at 05:11:16 AM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I always knew there was something not right about Oyedepo

Hummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare Blows Hot (why I Quit Redeemed Church) by olabowale(m): 3:19pm On Nov 23, 2009
all the half baked, former muslims are now christian top tiers! and they left islam because of quick and cheap means of everything! money from tithe, salvation from innocent Jesus because they hate to take full personal responsibilities! when they leave Islam they should drop the names, adopt even their father's name shoul be non islamic.

if my yoruba name were to have had an unislamic ring to it, say ogun, okun, etc i would have dropped them and adopted something compartable to islam!
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare Blows Hot (why I Quit Redeemed Church) by papagiddy(m): 5:31pm On Nov 23, 2009
@ olabowale
leave bakare alone, u just accept Jesus Christ as ur personal Lord and Saviour and u shall be saved!!
com@ olabowale
leave bakare alone, u just accept Jesus Christ as ur personal Lord and Saviour and u shall be savee to God, believe the gospel!!!! Islam leads to hell OK? u ask Mohammad!
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare Blows Hot (why I Quit Redeemed Church) by Nobody: 8:03pm On Nov 23, 2009
akinbola2:

Initially i liked pastor Bakare,but now my interest is changing,don't be an agent of confusion to earn popularity.[size=15pt]Bishop Oyedepo is highly blessed of the Lord,Pastor Adeboye is endowed with blessings also[/size].if he doesnt believe in them let him face his church instead of behaving like a non christian.He has criticised so many politicians correctly b4,but not to trample on [size=15pt]people with greater anointing[/size],beside how many souls has he won in ogba-ikeja where his church is domiciled.i know everybody in Ota is happy with winners chapel and bishop oyedepo including the Ota witches and Olota of Ota,it is the lord's doing.Pastor Bakare will criticise politicians publicly like he has nothing to do with them and yet go to preach 4them silently during celebration.I remember him coming to Gbenga Daniel's 53rd birthday to preach,i saw him cos i was invited,and he was saying sweet things to Daniel,He didnt tell him to change of his maladministration and deceitful behaviour.can he say he didnt take gift of visitation from the Governor? well am not surprised afterall Pastor Obadare said he Pastor Bimbo Odukoya in hell fire,wonders shall never end.just leave Bakare for God.

1 Samuel 16:6 ¶And it came to pass, when they were come,
that he looked on Eliab, and said, Surely the LORD'S anointed
is before him.

7 But the LORD said unto Samuel, Look not on his countenance, or on the height of his stature; because I have refused him: for the LORD seeth not as man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the LORD looketh on the heart.
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare Blows Hot (why I Quit Redeemed Church) by noetic15(m): 9:30pm On Nov 23, 2009
davidylan:

1 Samuel 16:6 ¶And it came to pass, when they were come,
that he looked on Eliab, and said, Surely the LORD'S anointed
is before him.

7 But the LORD said unto Samuel, Look not on his countenance, or on the height of his stature; because I have refused him: for the LORD seeth not as man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the LORD looketh on the heart.

GBAM!!!!!! GBAM!!!!!!! GBAM!!!!!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

There Is No Such Things As Witchcraft Or Magic Spells / As A Christian Have You Experience Miracle Personally Or Seen It Happen? / Pope Francis' Inauguration: Pictures & Videos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.