Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,487 members, 7,808,791 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:57 PM

ESUT Website Down As The Refused To PAY DEVELOPER - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ESUT Website Down As The Refused To PAY DEVELOPER (847 Views)

ESUT Lecturer Punishes Students For Making Noise While He Was Making Call / Stephanie Ofijoyce: Nigerians Refused To Help Me After I Made Success Video / Israel Okoye: Missing ESUT Final Year Student (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

ESUT Website Down As The Refused To PAY DEVELOPER by cortix(m): 10:02pm On Jan 05, 2017
Enugu State University Web developer leaks his maltreatment as Esut owes him 24 months salary.

Letter of complaint from ESUT Developer

Dear Sir,

It has been a really good experience working for ESUT.

For 2 years, I've worked for ESUT with all my heart, had sleepless nights, used my data, spent 230 Naira on transportation (every working day) to school without a single pay. I sacrificed a whole lot, I left my HND admission to come work full time and uplift ESUT in my little corner. I said "No" to employment opportunities I got, so I can focus on developing the ESUT community. I wish I can do more, I really wish I can.

I developed the www.esut.edu.ng website (2 good times), the second time, which is the current website was the yearly scheduled update which was done last year, with plans of updating again this new session.
I developed the www.e-library.esut.edu.ng from scratch, wrote all the codes myself, created multiple privileges so other staff can help upload the books, and when it was abandoned, I did it all alone. And that's the website being used to clear the accreditation exercise.
I developed the www.library.esut.edu.ng website, housing the e-resources and e-journals being used for accreditation. Time for accreditation, I go online, hunt for those resources, and add them up.
I take ESUT work as my personal work.
I go about the school snapping the facilities and adding them to our photo gallery.
I upload all the pictures of the convocation ceremonies and convocation lectures.
I walk to the PRO's office almost everyday, trying to find out if there's any latest news so we can broadcast it.
I developed the www.spgs.esut.edu.ng website.
When the traffic on our website was too much that the website crashed, I spent hours, with my data, researching on how to increase the quota so it can accommodate the huge traffic, finally, I got it working.
The books supplied to us contained viruses sometime ago, I spent hours installing antivirus to the web server and scanning till everything was alright.
I started developing websites for all units in the school, which we started with the ICTC unit hosted at www.ictc.esut.edu.ng
You told me we should look at developing for all the faculties and units, I came up with beautiful designs for them.
Sir you can remember ESUT's position on the webometrics ranking when we came in. We were 73. My effort pushed them to 42.

At this point, Sir, I quit!
I quit working for ESUT.
I quit begging and crying everyday to be paid for the job I've done.
I quit borrowing to work for my employers.

Thank you very much for taking me as your own son, trying everything possible to get me re-engaged. I cannot thank you enough, God will surely reward your efforts. If I get opportunities to work under you in the future, I'll gladly do.

Re: ESUT Website Down As The Refused To PAY DEVELOPER by LordHiffy(m): 10:23pm On Jan 05, 2017
Recession
Re: ESUT Website Down As The Refused To PAY DEVELOPER by bigtt76(f): 10:59pm On Jan 05, 2017
E for hood on, rebrand portal and sell to other universities undecided
Re: ESUT Website Down As The Refused To PAY DEVELOPER by Nobody: 11:08pm On Jan 05, 2017
bigtt76:
E for hood on, rebrand portal and sell to other universities undecided
Re: ESUT Website Down As The Refused To PAY DEVELOPER by interjames: 11:26pm On Jan 05, 2017
He even wasted time to quit, if na me i for don make money for their head, sell all sellables, collect as much from students give then anything they want, build houses everywhere since they don't like honesty

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How Are Reflection And Refraction Manifested In Sound / Federal University Of Agriculture Makurdi(fuam) 2017/2018 Admission Thread / Active Whatsapp Literature Group

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.