Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,901 members, 7,806,631 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:25 PM

Omu-ekiti: A Community Filled With Strange Tales And Mysteries - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Omu-ekiti: A Community Filled With Strange Tales And Mysteries (28896 Views)

Martha Dunkwu, The Omu Of Anioma: As Queen, I Can Only Marry A Woman / Oba Charles Ibitoye Is Dead (Olomu Of Omu-Aran) / Kiyi, A Community In FCT That Still Kills Twins And Triplets? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Omu-ekiti: A Community Filled With Strange Tales And Mysteries by TheOtherRoom: 11:56am On Jan 06, 2017
AfonjasMustDie:

What drugs are you on ?? Stupidity pills

Who would believe this bull story ?? Primary school kids

5 eyed fish washing cars at the river in Yorubaland, you must be on cocaine

Re: Omu-ekiti: A Community Filled With Strange Tales And Mysteries by fratermathy(m): 11:59am On Jan 06, 2017
TVTKOKO:
believe me,, these ain't superstitions. I am a witness. In my case, i saw this fish with golden chain around its neck!

Wonderful! Did you snap it?

1 Like

Re: Omu-ekiti: A Community Filled With Strange Tales And Mysteries by Nobody: 12:00pm On Jan 06, 2017
mandarin:
Classic. That can be leveraged on and a documentary/ investigation conducted then tourism can grow from there. My thinking though.

After reading this, dumbiwood will take just 3 days, only 3 days to do their research, understand the context and content and ta-da, the movie is created.
Re: Omu-ekiti: A Community Filled With Strange Tales And Mysteries by Nobody: 12:04pm On Jan 06, 2017
One time it was a snake with Jerry coil that was found in Afonja territory, now it is a gaddamn fish with 4 eyes - is the fish wearing glasses or what?
Re: Omu-ekiti: A Community Filled With Strange Tales And Mysteries by seguno2: 12:07pm On Jan 06, 2017
No picture of the four-eyed fish swimming?
No scientific research on why the public water supply stopped flowing?

Oh, I forgot that we prefer to wait for God to pick up our call instead of working hard to solve our man-made problems using the brains that God gave us.
Re: Omu-ekiti: A Community Filled With Strange Tales And Mysteries by gudlukin1: 12:16pm On Jan 06, 2017
me sef don see fish weh dey pilot jet but u know fit see the jet

Re: Omu-ekiti: A Community Filled With Strange Tales And Mysteries by Nobody: 12:17pm On Jan 06, 2017

Re: Omu-ekiti: A Community Filled With Strange Tales And Mysteries by Spainze007(m): 12:20pm On Jan 06, 2017
Wia is the pikchor of the 5 eyed fish... Or i dnt... U kw what i mean angry
Re: Omu-ekiti: A Community Filled With Strange Tales And Mysteries by Odkosh: 12:25pm On Jan 06, 2017
The flattrons ppl from the land of falling moon are sad cos of this all because they don't have history. grin
Re: Omu-ekiti: A Community Filled With Strange Tales And Mysteries by Temmywalex: 12:28pm On Jan 06, 2017
Believe it or not, in those olden days, people are quite aware of the presence of extra-terrestrial and different spiritual powers and they relate with them.

Until these days, those powers do exist but we do not care about their existence anymore because of the two prominent religion: CHRISTIANITY AND ISLAM.

The funny thing is that both Pastors and Alfas still refer to the influence of those spiritual powers and authorities as the sources of problems encountered by their congregation. Now some will still say that those powers does not exist.

Either we believe in the existence of these powers or not, it does not change the fact that they do exist.

Let us not just discard issues like this based on our shallow knowledge.

Are you aware that even the white once came to Africa to buy these gods from our fore fathers?, ask them why.

I'm not discrediting Christianity or Islam. I'm just trying to know about other religion. Jesus Christ remains my Messiah.

1 Like

Re: Omu-ekiti: A Community Filled With Strange Tales And Mysteries by abumeinben(m): 12:32pm On Jan 06, 2017
me thinking of a movie already...with standard visual effect.
mandarin:
Classic. That can be leveraged on and a documentary/ investigation conducted then tourism can grow from there. My thinking though.
Re: Omu-ekiti: A Community Filled With Strange Tales And Mysteries by Titony1(f): 12:58pm On Jan 06, 2017
Ekiti360:

http://www.kikiotolu.com/2017/01/omu-ekiti-community-filled-with-strange.html

Its spelt Omuo Ekiti, n its under Ekiti East local government not Oye local government. Am proud to be from there.

1 Like

Re: Omu-ekiti: A Community Filled With Strange Tales And Mysteries by Nobody: 1:05pm On Jan 06, 2017
shiit

Re: Omu-ekiti: A Community Filled With Strange Tales And Mysteries by uvalued(m): 1:08pm On Jan 06, 2017
initial comments were just spite and disbelief...i would have wished seun and his likes will organize a fundraising to sponsor disbelievers in the mysterious myths to venture into such.places and spend.days months or years to verify such like the geographical channel shows how.one dude spent days months to capture footage of just a wolf shocked..so i propose that seun and da gang should raise such a fundraising for disbelievers in the paranormal or is it metaphysical
Re: Omu-ekiti: A Community Filled With Strange Tales And Mysteries by Dicksonpal: 1:27pm On Jan 06, 2017
NinoM:
never heard of omu ekiti before
there's omu ijebu, very wicked madafuvkaz
Re: Omu-ekiti: A Community Filled With Strange Tales And Mysteries by daveP(m): 1:33pm On Jan 06, 2017
Ekiti alone has enough Tourism centres to make it independent of the fed Allocation, only short-sightedness and loss of passion makes it unrealistic to execute.
Re: Omu-ekiti: A Community Filled With Strange Tales And Mysteries by jrusky(m): 1:54pm On Jan 06, 2017
chynie:
south wastei
south wastei
south wastei
how many times I call una

make une leave Nigeria alone
we already get enough problem

If I respond to you now some will say I have started again and started calling Amadioha and thunder to fire their family and not me.

But will give you good word that some people hear and become dumb and deaf.

See your life this is one of the most beautiful thing about this tribe called the Yoruba, the Hausa and the Edo people they are so good to keep their history alive these tribes has demonstrated it in all way every time with a proof, date and accurate timing *BUT* in capital:

Please do your tribe has history Please if you have one drop it lets read it and know some facts. Don't get me wrong I had constatnly be asking my own father and all the so called elders I see around to tell me where do the East people came from till today all I'm hearing is one brain missed road among Jacob that went to Egypt on slavery and when Moses came and they are going back the one called Gad among them lost his senses and went to settle in Eastern part of Nigeria blablabla shit.

Please where is it written in Bible or any history book that such happened Show me in the bible where any Eastern village name was mentioned. Tell me how will people of Israel will be gong back and suddenly one of them will just face Nigera or East preferably

The next I will hear is one lecturer in Boston University said we are Jew, one CNN i -diot said we are jew, one fool in BBC said we are Jew later it was change t Uganda and when people with history tell their history my people get angry this is just a symptom that shows you have no history because no need to not angry with others people history.

Tell us your own history or please I'm asking again tell me where do we came from or do we just fell from heaven or grew out ground I'm not Jew because I'm not an Isrealite by nature or whatever and no where it was written so ok Mr Man.

Its only bastards that get offended seen other playing with their father. Why angry when people with history talk if Edo talk their history you will be angry if Hausa and ulani talk their history you will be angry that shows you have no history in fact you we have no record simple as that.

I love history I love telling my boy whom I'm where I'm from but unfortunately my tribe has none and always get angry with others who tells theirs. No history, no origin, no where all we are hearing blabla blabla Jew and my foot Uganda.

Please beg you all other tribes give us your history people like me want it love it it educate the mind a lot. Tell us about your town or village its a big wealth to sane brain not some arse holes comfused people from my side only to hate and abuse people with history people who kept their history intact and do not claim attaching to one far land who are bloody non Arican nor having African skin. ts only Ethiopia area that Bible link with the so called Jew and ths is why Ethiian are more or less free to travel to the so called Jew land so get that fact or ................

1 Like

Re: Omu-ekiti: A Community Filled With Strange Tales And Mysteries by Maximus85(m): 2:00pm On Jan 06, 2017
Re: Omu-ekiti: A Community Filled With Strange Tales And Mysteries by chynie: 2:01pm On Jan 06, 2017
jrusky:

If I respond to you now some will say I have started again and started calling Amadioha and thunder to fire their family and not me.

But will give you good word that some people hear and become dumb and deaf.

See your life this is one of the most beautiful thing about this tribe called the Yoruba, the Hausa and the Edo people they are so good to keep their history alive these tribes has demonstrated it in all way every time with a proof, date and accurate timing *BUT* in capital:

Please do your tribe has history Please if you have one drop it lets read it and know some facts. Don't get me wrong I had constatnly be asking my own father and all the so called elders I see around to tell me where do the East people came from till today all I'm hearing is one brain missed road among Jacob that went to Egypt on slavery and when Moses came and they are going back the one called Gad among them lost his senses and went to settle in Eastern part of Nigeria blablabla shit.

Please where is it written in Bible or any history book that such happened Show me in the bible where any Eastern village name was mentioned. Tell me how will people of Israel will be gong back and suddenly one of them will just face Nigera or East preferably

The next I will hear is one lecturer in Boston University said we are Jew, one CNN i -diot said we are jew, one fool in BBC said we are Jew later it was change t Uganda and when people with history tell their history my people get angry this is just a symptom that shows you have no history because no need to not angry with others people history.

Tell us your own history or please I'm asking again tell me where do we came from or do we just fell from heaven or grew out ground I'm not Jew because I'm not an Isrealite by nature or whatever and no where it was written so ok Mr Man.

Its only bastards that get offended seen other playing with their father. Why angry when people with history talk if Edo talk their history you will be angry if Hausa and ulani talk their history you will be angry that shows you have no history in fact you we have no record simple as that.

I love history I love telling my boy whom I'm where I'm from but unfortunately my tribe has none and always get angry with others who tells theirs. No history, no origin, no where all we are hearing blabla blabla Jew and my foot Uganda.

Please beg you all other tribes give us your history people like me want it love it it educate the mind a lot. Tell us about your town or village its a big wealth to sane brain not some arse holes comfused people from my side only to hate and abuse people with history people who kept their history intact and do not claim attaching to one far land who are bloody non Arican nor having African skin. ts only Ethiopia area that Bible link with the so called Jew and ths is why Ethiian are more or less free to travel to the so called Jew land so get that fact or ................
abeg no respond ooo grin
if all these your ...(I no even read all) no be response
any way keep your 7 eyed fish and 5 headed snake history to yourself
Nigeria already have enough craziness to worry about grin
Re: Omu-ekiti: A Community Filled With Strange Tales And Mysteries by TVTKOKO(m): 3:42pm On Jan 06, 2017
fratermathy:

Wonderful! Did you snap it?
nah.. That was a long time ago
Re: Omu-ekiti: A Community Filled With Strange Tales And Mysteries by delishpot: 3:55pm On Jan 06, 2017
Story for the gods abi about the gods. It is quite an interesting one. The fish and laundry one......
Re: Omu-ekiti: A Community Filled With Strange Tales And Mysteries by ultimate73(m): 5:01pm On Jan 06, 2017
maybe i can borrow u a fvck if i see the pinshure
Re: Omu-ekiti: A Community Filled With Strange Tales And Mysteries by good4love: 7:08pm On Jan 06, 2017
Guy abeg go borrow sense..ur mumu too much
Re: Omu-ekiti: A Community Filled With Strange Tales And Mysteries by Yujin(m): 9:32pm On Jan 06, 2017
@OP, which of the Omuo Ekiti are you referring to? Omuo 1 or Omuo 2?
Re: Omu-ekiti: A Community Filled With Strange Tales And Mysteries by lekzyn(m): 10:25pm On Jan 06, 2017
It is Omu-Ijelu at Oye lga which is close to Itapa-Ekiti. So it is not Omuo in Ekiti East lga but Oye lga.
I av heard of the 4 eyes fish myths before but not been there.
Re: Omu-ekiti: A Community Filled With Strange Tales And Mysteries by Nobody: 1:44am On Jan 08, 2017
hmmmm

Re: Omu-ekiti: A Community Filled With Strange Tales And Mysteries by Nobody: 10:43pm On Jun 01, 2019
If you really wanted to do that, then why wouldn't you do that? Instead you do this. It makes no sense. cheesy

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ooni Ogunwusi And Wuraola Celebrate Children's Day With Kids(Pics) / Most Plausible Reason Why Some Binis and Igbos Have Fairer Skin Colour / Things Nigerians Call Twice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.