Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,491 members, 7,808,815 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:17 PM

Biblical Prove That A Man Should Wash The Dishes - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Biblical Prove That A Man Should Wash The Dishes (6219 Views)

Powerful Pics From The 2018 Birth Photo Competition Prove That Moms Are Awesome / Who Is To Wash The Dishes In This Scenario? / 11 Secrets Man Should Never Reveal To His Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Biblical Prove That A Man Should Wash The Dishes by elitejosef: 9:07am On Jan 06, 2017
I know with this little piece most Men will be very angry to see this revelation from the Holy Bible.

Follow the conversation

Wife: honey please wash the dishes

Husband: where is it in the Bible that a man should wash dishes?!
Wife: 2 kings 21:13

King James Bible
2 Kings 21:13
And I will stretch over Jerusalem the line of Samaria, and the plummet of the house of Ahab: and I will wipe Jerusalem as a man wipeth a dish, wiping it, and turning it upside down.

Husband start doing your Work

Re: Biblical Prove That A Man Should Wash The Dishes by elitejosef: 9:09am On Jan 06, 2017
As Christians what are we supposed to do when the bible says it all already
Or any contrary opinion to this?
Re: Biblical Prove That A Man Should Wash The Dishes by yomi007k(m): 9:15am On Jan 06, 2017
grin

Thnk god ds is only for xtians.
Re: Biblical Prove That A Man Should Wash The Dishes by Nobody: 9:42am On Jan 06, 2017
elitejosef:
I know with this little piece most Men will be very angry to see this revelation from the Holy Bible.

Follow the conversation

Wife: honey please wash the dishes

Husband: where is it in the Bible that a man should wash dishes?!
Wife: 2 kings 21:13

King James Bible
2 Kings 21:13
And I will stretch over Jerusalem the line of Samaria, and the plummet of the house of Ahab: and I will wipe Jerusalem as a man wipeth a dish, wiping it, and turning it upside down.

Husband start doing your Work

I remember you were the one that created that "I am a woman" thread that was on front page yesterday, that I used to shine. Why are you allowing your feminist views to prevent you from reasoning objectively and honestly?

You don't just pick a random verse from the scripture that wasn't in any way an edict, and then use it to support your views on gender equality. That verse of the scripture wasn't an injunction. It was just a reference to a particular custom that wasn't in any way a prescription for how christians should live their lives. What you just did is equivalent to saying that all christian women should veil their faces on their wedding day, since Leah's(Jacob's first wife's) face was veiled on the day of her wedding.

I also find it quite funny that you are using the bible to justify your skewed conception of gender equality. Last time I checked, the bible, especially the old testament which you referenced, goes contrary to anything that represents gender equality. The same bible ordered non-virgins to be killed on their wedding day, hence defining the value of women by their virginity. The same bible perceived women as mere possessions of their husbands and gave more social, financial and religious privilege to male children. But why then do you choose to cherry-pick only parts of this same bible that re-affirm your silly notions?
Re: Biblical Prove That A Man Should Wash The Dishes by Prectega(m): 9:45am On Jan 06, 2017
don't use the Holy Bible to support your feminist act

Meanwhile........ Receive sense

Those who give a Bleep went that way
Re: Biblical Prove That A Man Should Wash The Dishes by elitejosef: 10:48am On Jan 06, 2017
yomi007k:
grin

Thnk god ds is only for xtians.

It might also be in your holy book
Who knows
Re: Biblical Prove That A Man Should Wash The Dishes by elitejosef: 10:49am On Jan 06, 2017
Prectega:
don't use the Holy Bible to support your feminist act

Meanwhile........ Receive sense

Those who give a Bleep went that way
Still in the mood of receiving sense, you don't wanna react to what u've seen
So recieve Sence and abide to ur book
Re: Biblical Prove That A Man Should Wash The Dishes by elitejosef: 10:53am On Jan 06, 2017
Xensity:

I remember you were the one that created that "I am a woman" thread that was on front page yesterday, that I used to shine. Why are you allowing your feminist views to prevent you from reasoning objectively and honestly?

You don't just pick a random verse from the scripture that wasn't in any way an edict, and then use it to support your views on gender equality. That verse of the scripture wasn't an injunction. It was just a reference to a particular custom that wasn't in any way a prescription for how christians should live their lives. What you just did is equivalent to saying that all christian women should veil their faces on their wedding day, since Leah's(Jacob's first wife's) face was veiled on the day of her wedding.

I also find it quite funny that you are using the bible to justify your skewed conception of gender equality. Last time I checked, the bible, especially the old testament which you referenced, goes contrary to anything that represents gender equality. The same bible ordered non-virgins to be killed on their wedding day, hence defining the value of women by their virginity. The same bible perceived women as mere possessions of their husbands and gave more social, financial and religious privilege to male children. But why then do you choose to cherry-pick only parts of this same bible that re-affirm your silly notions?
You are making lot of sense here, but u are actually trying to run from dish washing bro
Re: Biblical Prove That A Man Should Wash The Dishes by elitejosef: 11:03am On Jan 06, 2017
Xensity:

?
Correct me if I'm wrong, in ur church wedding don't u vail the lady to the ulter
And even in our traditional wedding the ladies are also vailed.
So where am I not getting it right
Re: Biblical Prove That A Man Should Wash The Dishes by elitejosef: 11:41am On Jan 06, 2017
I think someone is scared to put this on front page, so he should not resume his duties @home
Re: Biblical Prove That A Man Should Wash The Dishes by Prectega(m): 11:41am On Jan 06, 2017
elitejosef:
Still in the mood of receiving sense, you don't wanna react to what u've seen So recieve Sence and abide to ur book
I have reacted in my own pragmatic way!
When u get married.... Tell your husband to wash ur underwear
To the poster below me......don't U think op is YL patient
Re: Biblical Prove That A Man Should Wash The Dishes by Nobody: 1:06pm On Jan 06, 2017
^^
I don't agree. She's merely suffering from cherry-picking syndrome. Tad sad but.....

Now this is a new brand of stupid....

Seems like the OP is pushing the notion for word for word adherence to the old testament.
I don't think she realizes how f*cking backward that would catapault women too...

How can one be so shallow in thinking....

What makes this sadder is that there are millions of brain impoverished females who would agree with the post and mebbe even broadcast it on whatsapp and facebook cry cry

(1) (Reply)

A 70-year-old Man Is Madly In Love And Obsessed With Me. / 9yr Old Boy Pregnanted Her 16yr Old Sister / Separated Or Shared Bed-room?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.