Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,498 members, 7,781,501 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:36 PM

Turkey Farming In Nigeria: How To Start, Benefits And Steps To Take - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Turkey Farming In Nigeria: How To Start, Benefits And Steps To Take (42573 Views)

Goat Farming In Nigeria – How To Start And Earn Big While At It! / Let's Talk About Foreign Turkey Farming / Cucumber Farming In Nigeria – How To Start The Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Turkey Farming In Nigeria: How To Start, Benefits And Steps To Take by sandrahnaub(f): 6:32pm On Jan 06, 2017
When i hear turkey grin grin grin

Re: Turkey Farming In Nigeria: How To Start, Benefits And Steps To Take by homesteady(m): 6:35pm On Jan 06, 2017
Talk2Bella:
Our Turkeys still at home constituting nuisance fighting us upandan we are tayad angry

I don't understand, please can you explain more? grin

1 Like

Re: Turkey Farming In Nigeria: How To Start, Benefits And Steps To Take by prinsam30: 6:36pm On Jan 06, 2017
Oya let's go there

at least I give a fvck
Re: Turkey Farming In Nigeria: How To Start, Benefits And Steps To Take by homesteady(m): 6:39pm On Jan 06, 2017
VastfinderBlog I didn't see the comment section on your blog, so I would ask my question here!
Between Turkey and Chicken farming, which do you think is better, considering cost, risks and profit! Thanks!
Re: Turkey Farming In Nigeria: How To Start, Benefits And Steps To Take by mejai(m): 6:41pm On Jan 06, 2017
won't ISIS attack my Turkey?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Turkey Farming In Nigeria: How To Start, Benefits And Steps To Take by lielbree: 6:45pm On Jan 06, 2017
How much will it cost to feed 50 of them till maturity?
Re: Turkey Farming In Nigeria: How To Start, Benefits And Steps To Take by Olateef(m): 6:49pm On Jan 06, 2017
Nothing (
frainc:
who can help me out with this

A rich man needs_______. A poor man has_______. If u eat_______u die and when u die u can take_______ with u!
One word fits all 4 blank spaces! Its a seven letter word. What's the answer ?

9 Likes

Re: Turkey Farming In Nigeria: How To Start, Benefits And Steps To Take by Nobody: 6:55pm On Jan 06, 2017
Turkey is food for the wealthy, My tolo tolo don dey proud.
Re: Turkey Farming In Nigeria: How To Start, Benefits And Steps To Take by Nobody: 6:58pm On Jan 06, 2017
Insightful information
Re: Turkey Farming In Nigeria: How To Start, Benefits And Steps To Take by henryderek: 7:01pm On Jan 06, 2017
Nice write-up, looking forward to set up this one day... Capital is just the issue now
Re: Turkey Farming In Nigeria: How To Start, Benefits And Steps To Take by Mpotomisticai(m): 7:09pm On Jan 06, 2017
Very informative... How much is a day old turkey sold for? Do the eat same food with broilers?
Re: Turkey Farming In Nigeria: How To Start, Benefits And Steps To Take by Talk2Bella(f): 7:20pm On Jan 06, 2017
homesteady:

I don't understand, please can you explain more? grin

They are just too stubborn angry

1 Like

Re: Turkey Farming In Nigeria: How To Start, Benefits And Steps To Take by cruzclinton1(m): 7:35pm On Jan 06, 2017
bro don't drag us to ur blog, teach us here,answer our questions here, and again, d way u re quoting prizes here, is scarring, it will later turn out to be a business with much capital. I would prefer u teach us how to rear from day old. like buying a week old which will be very cheap and equally make d capital for start up very cheap. which u make people to venture into it.....but with d way ur going about it with ur prizes . d capital most go up and thereby discourage people. .....like there is trick I used last year December which is very cheap. I bought 4 turkey eggs from a turkey farmer,then I gave it to my mum to put it for her she fowl ( Hen) that is laying eggs to fertilize. which she removed all the Hen's original eggs and replaced it with d 4 turkey eggs I bought. to my greatest surprise, it hatched and they were very beautiful, the 4 of them. then I started rearing them,but due to lack of experience on rearing turkey, they all died, one after d other,not one day o, this one may die today, other next week, d other the next ....that's how d continued until non is remaining now. ......so am searching for who can guide me on how to rear them from day one till maturity. I WOULD APPRECIATE IF YOU TEACH US HERE FOR ALL TO LEARN. THANKS

4 Likes

Re: Turkey Farming In Nigeria: How To Start, Benefits And Steps To Take by Beadex1(m): 8:04pm On Jan 06, 2017
the were I take fear turkey for this life...... I prefer going to compounds with dogs than that of turkey

2 Likes

Re: Turkey Farming In Nigeria: How To Start, Benefits And Steps To Take by vicheezy: 8:19pm On Jan 06, 2017
Lukmann1:
Ok,i'm followed you.
. [color=#990000][/color] I just dy look u... undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Turkey Farming In Nigeria: How To Start, Benefits And Steps To Take by d4guy: 8:21pm On Jan 06, 2017
Pls how do I identify my target market?
Re: Turkey Farming In Nigeria: How To Start, Benefits And Steps To Take by intruder15(m): 8:46pm On Jan 06, 2017
Beadex1:
the were I take fear turkey for this life...... I prefer going to compounds with dogs than that of turkey

LMAO... for real?
Re: Turkey Farming In Nigeria: How To Start, Benefits And Steps To Take by Dadanoah(m): 8:49pm On Jan 06, 2017
helo bro. i startd poultry with 19 turkey,in short,they startd lay eggs and both male and female shuckin the eggs and thats how problem were startd.this is my question; whats the solution to it?.how do i stop them not shuckin eggs? how turkey wil hatch is egg?
Re: Turkey Farming In Nigeria: How To Start, Benefits And Steps To Take by intruder15(m): 8:50pm On Jan 06, 2017
cruzclinton1:
bro don't drag us to ur blog, teach us here,answer our questions here, and again, d way u re quoting prizes here, is scarring, it will later turn out to be a business with much capital. I would prefer u teach us how to rear from day old. like buying a week old which will be very cheap and equally make d capital for start up very cheap. which u make people to venture into it.....but with d way ur going about it with ur prizes . d capital most go up and thereby discourage people. .....like there is trick I used last year December which is very cheap. I bought 4 turkey eggs from a turkey farmer,then I gave it to my mum to put it for her she fowl ( Hen) that is laying eggs to fertilize. which she removed all the Hen's original eggs and replaced it with d 4 turkey eggs I bought. to my greatest surprise, it hatched and they were very beautiful, the 4 of them. then I started rearing them,but due to lack of experience on rearing turkey, they all died, one after d other,not one day o, this one may die today, other next week, d other the next ....that's how d continued until non is remaining now. ......so am searching for who can guide me on how to rear them from day one till maturity. I WOULD APPRECIATE IF YOU TEACH US HERE FOR ALL TO LEARN. THANKS

but I thought turkey eggs are bigger than chicken's own. how come d chicken was able to sit on it...
can't get that process off my mind... was d chick same size with that of normal chicken?
Re: Turkey Farming In Nigeria: How To Start, Benefits And Steps To Take by mfm04622: 9:01pm On Jan 06, 2017
Dadanoah:
helo bro. i startd poultry with 19 turkey,in short,they startd lay eggs and both male and female shuckin the eggs and thats how problem were startd.this is my question; whats the solution to it?.how do i stop them not shuckin eggs? how turkey wil hatch is egg?

When they lay egg, take it and keep. They are people who hatch such eggs for you at a price. Or you can use a hen that had laid her own eggs to hatch the turkey eggs.

1 Like

Re: Turkey Farming In Nigeria: How To Start, Benefits And Steps To Take by Double94: 9:20pm On Jan 06, 2017
You can also check http://ahiabenjamin.com.ng/starting-a-poultry-farming-business-in-nigeria/ for an Introduction to Poultry farming
Re: Turkey Farming In Nigeria: How To Start, Benefits And Steps To Take by Nobody: 9:22pm On Jan 06, 2017
[quote author=frainc post=52590062]who can help me out with this

A rich man needs_______. A poor man has_______. If u eat_______u die and when u die u can take_______ with u!
One word fits all 4 blank spaces! Its a seven letter word. What's the answer ?[/quotthe answer is nothing
Re: Turkey Farming In Nigeria: How To Start, Benefits And Steps To Take by Accurate5(m): 9:23pm On Jan 06, 2017
frainc:

nothing
Re: Turkey Farming In Nigeria: How To Start, Benefits And Steps To Take by Aladdin1(m): 9:23pm On Jan 06, 2017
Pls.op do local turkey go broody or cover their eggs to hatch and train their children? If yes how? If no how come u said they multiply?
Re: Turkey Farming In Nigeria: How To Start, Benefits And Steps To Take by Nobody: 9:29pm On Jan 06, 2017
Thanks for sharing. pliz could u upload a pix of turkey farm, lets see how the construction is like
Re: Turkey Farming In Nigeria: How To Start, Benefits And Steps To Take by jobsat34(m): 10:13pm On Jan 06, 2017
frainc:

Nothing
Re: Turkey Farming In Nigeria: How To Start, Benefits And Steps To Take by Solozzo(m): 11:39pm On Jan 06, 2017
prekumohtim:
Thanks for sharing. pliz could u upload a pix of turkey farm, lets see how the construction is like

Here are some pics I downloaded from Google. Note the roofing, the large vents on all sides, the floor is grassed and fowls free to move about. Sides may.be Wire meshed with gauze.

Re: Turkey Farming In Nigeria: How To Start, Benefits And Steps To Take by likita95: 2:02am On Jan 07, 2017
[color=#000099][/color] I like this
Re: Turkey Farming In Nigeria: How To Start, Benefits And Steps To Take by jedyjedy(m): 3:52am On Jan 07, 2017
I fear dat thing ehn. Make turkey dey pursue and terrorise me abi? I no do turkey biz.

2 Likes

Re: Turkey Farming In Nigeria: How To Start, Benefits And Steps To Take by donbrowser(m): 5:50am On Jan 07, 2017
cruzclinton1:
I really wish to learn too.
Re: Turkey Farming In Nigeria: How To Start, Benefits And Steps To Take by Ganjababe: 7:33am On Jan 07, 2017
Good Morning All,
I am a Turkey Farmer - Local preferably (This is because Foreign turkeys eat a lot just like Broiler Chickens and that is why they cost more). I even sold some turkeys last December.
Permit me to be truthful, Turkey is one of the most difficult livestock to raise but turns out to be profitable at the end. So be prepared for them. Infact, they die if not properly taken care of and also fight a lot (technically when mature, only 5 or 10 can be a in a place at a time)
Let me to go to the rudiments of raising them

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

See This Baby Antelope My Brother Caught / My Little Backyard Farm / Mohaz Poultry In Anambra Is The Biggest Poultry Industry In South-East Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.