Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,496 members, 7,808,841 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:47 PM

Turkey Farming In Nigeria: How To Start, Benefits And Steps To Take - Agriculture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Turkey Farming In Nigeria: How To Start, Benefits And Steps To Take (43103 Views)

Goat Farming In Nigeria – How To Start And Earn Big While At It! / Let's Talk About Foreign Turkey Farming / Cucumber Farming In Nigeria – How To Start The Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Turkey Farming In Nigeria: How To Start, Benefits And Steps To Take by Ganjababe: 7:41am On Jan 07, 2017
For me, I get like 5 weeks old turkeys at 1200 to 1300 per one. Hatching the eggs is good too but at that 5 weeks, I have minimized the mortality rate. Day old chicks require so much attention, only a seasoned farmer would understand how to take care of them.
Once I have the 5 weeks old Turkeys, I put them in a place (well ventilated, same place one can keep chickens). I start them on a moderate formula feed, at this stage they don't eat so much.
But honestly, cost of feeding like an average of 50 turkeys in a month is like 25k (bear in mind these are local turkeys). For foreign turkeys, one who is into selling them can keep for 5 months and feed them extensively (cost of feeding average 50 foreign turkeys in a month can be as high as 50k with a slightly different formula feed cos they grow so much and are heavier). That's why one can only rear them for like 4 to 5 months to avoid running into debts (they are just like Broiler chickens)
Re: Turkey Farming In Nigeria: How To Start, Benefits And Steps To Take by skedman(m): 7:51am On Jan 07, 2017
prince9851:

are u talking like dis on purpose?
I guess he is called lookman so what do you expect. Just kidding

Re: Turkey Farming In Nigeria: How To Start, Benefits And Steps To Take by YOUNGELDER1(m): 9:02am On Jan 07, 2017
prettyboi1989:
turkey wey dey chase people and their appearance sef is unappealing

lol i agree with you on this one. .
Re: Turkey Farming In Nigeria: How To Start, Benefits And Steps To Take by cruzclinton1(m): 9:16am On Jan 07, 2017
intruder15:

but I thought turkey eggs are bigger than chicken's own. how come d chicken was able to sit on it...
can't get that process off my mind... was d chick same size with that of normal chicken?

yes turkey is bigger, that's why u will only put just 4 maximum or 3 so that the hen can be able to sit and cover them properly. don't pur more than 4.you can put 3 for a start. but don't put more than 4.
Re: Turkey Farming In Nigeria: How To Start, Benefits And Steps To Take by Fkhalifa(m): 10:39am On Jan 07, 2017
Any guru here in turkey farming to guide me on one on one chat basis?
Re: Turkey Farming In Nigeria: How To Start, Benefits And Steps To Take by kentochi(m): 10:44am On Jan 07, 2017
nice one
Re: Turkey Farming In Nigeria: How To Start, Benefits And Steps To Take by funmercy1(f): 11:34am On Jan 07, 2017
Nice, a really wonderful biz. Hw do I get a farm loan, sir. I really need a loan
Re: Turkey Farming In Nigeria: How To Start, Benefits And Steps To Take by Dadanoah(m): 11:58am On Jan 07, 2017
mfm04622:

When they lay egg, take it and keep. They are people who hatch such eggs for you at a price. Or you can use a hen that had laid her own eggs to hatch the turkey eggs.
plz bro. turkey egg can use how many month,week or day before it get spoil if we keep it? thank
Re: Turkey Farming In Nigeria: How To Start, Benefits And Steps To Take by mfm04622: 2:44pm On Jan 07, 2017
Dadanoah:
plz bro. turkey egg can use how many month,week or day before it get spoil if we keep it? thank

Best before 7 days I you want to hatch it. All that is theory through research ooo. I never start to dey keep turkey
Re: Turkey Farming In Nigeria: How To Start, Benefits And Steps To Take by akokaite(m): 3:20pm On Jan 07, 2017
frainc:
who can help me out with this

A rich man needs_______. A poor man has_______. If u eat_______u die and when u die u can take_______ with u!
One word fits all 4 blank spaces! Its a seven letter word. What's the answer ?

NOTHING
Re: Turkey Farming In Nigeria: How To Start, Benefits And Steps To Take by Kc4weall(m): 4:50pm On Jan 07, 2017
Ganjababe
Hey you seem experienced in the business.
I made plans to begin this January but the last piece I'm yet to place is the market and I mean people that I can supply to in large quantities.
Please can you enlighten me on where I can get market for the turkeys as majority of the hotels and fast foods around prefer getting frozen ones.
Thanks
Re: Turkey Farming In Nigeria: How To Start, Benefits And Steps To Take by KayB: 11:44am On Jan 08, 2017
OK then
Re: Turkey Farming In Nigeria: How To Start, Benefits And Steps To Take by princelynx: 4:22pm On Jan 08, 2017
To join Turkey Breeders Forum on telegram kindly click d Link below

https:///joinchat/DPhZakGCpQ3BVan6C9623g

Or contact me on 08030435197. WhatsApp
Re: Turkey Farming In Nigeria: How To Start, Benefits And Steps To Take by Preprobiotics: 9:28pm On Jun 25, 2017
Molasses and Lactobacillus Serum for Livestock, Poultry and Home Use
Undiluted Organic Molasses for Strong Nutritional Value with many Health Benefits. Lactobachillus a Superb Growth Booster for Livestock, Poultry and Fish Farming, Also an effective Foul ODOUR Removal for Farms, Households, Dust Bins,Sewage, etc.
Call: 08121790440
Price from =N=1,500

1 Share

Re: Turkey Farming In Nigeria: How To Start, Benefits And Steps To Take by Smartslim17: 12:50pm On Jul 09, 2017
Ganjababe:
For me, I get like 5 weeks old turkeys at 1200 to 1300 per one. Hatching the eggs is good too but at that 5 weeks, I have minimized the mortality rate. Day old chicks require so much attention, only a seasoned farmer would understand how to take care of them.
Once I have the 5 weeks old Turkeys, I put them in a place (well ventilated, same place one can keep chickens). I start them on a moderate formula feed, at this stage they don't eat so much.
But honestly, cost of feeding like an average of 50 turkeys in a month is like 25k (bear in mind these are local turkeys). For foreign turkeys, one who is into selling them can keep for 5 months and feed them extensively (cost of feeding average 50 foreign turkeys in a month can be as high as 50k with a slightly different formula feed cos they grow so much and are heavier). That's why one can only rear them for like 4 to 5 months to avoid running into debts (they are just like Broiler chickens)

Pls what is d cost of feeding Local turkey from day Old to maturity. And how many months will it take them to attain market size? Thanks
Re: Turkey Farming In Nigeria: How To Start, Benefits And Steps To Take by mohisd(m): 1:46pm On Jul 09, 2017
FAIB VENTURES Buy nutritious palleted fish feed,poutry feed, in Tones. FISH 2mm --500kg___75k. Fish 2mm. ----1tonne. ____145k. FISH 4mm --500kg___65k. FISH 4mm --1tonne___130k, FISH 6mm --500kg___60k. Poultry Feed. Starter. 1tonne. ____145k. Poultry Feed. Finisher. 1tonne. ____130k. We. Also sell juveniles,fingerlines, fishies @affordable Rate,we offer free consultancy services .. contact : mohisdd@gmail.com or. Call 08058971534. We ship nation wide
Re: Turkey Farming In Nigeria: How To Start, Benefits And Steps To Take by adekanmbi1986(m): 7:30pm On Aug 14, 2017
Dear VastFinder,

At what stages(weeks) do one give the turkey starter, grower and finisher feeds ?

Please kindly enlighten me.

Regards
Re: Turkey Farming In Nigeria: How To Start, Benefits And Steps To Take by mfm04622: 6:19am On Aug 14, 2018
mengho:
I will venture into it this month, I hope by next year it will expand to morethan 80 birds since I wan start with 7

Did you start as planned? How many birds do you have now?
Re: Turkey Farming In Nigeria: How To Start, Benefits And Steps To Take by GorillaApp(m): 5:03pm On Mar 23, 2021
Ganjababe:
Good Morning All,
I am a Turkey Farmer - Local preferably (This is because Foreign turkeys eat a lot just like Broiler Chickens and that is why they cost more). I even sold some turkeys last December.
Permit me to be truthful, Turkey is one of the most difficult livestock to raise but turns out to be profitable at the end. So be prepared for them. Infact, they die if not properly taken care of and also fight a lot (technically when mature, only 5 or 10 can be a in a place at a time)
Let me to go to the rudiments of raising them
Still in the business? Can you shed more insight
Re: Turkey Farming In Nigeria: How To Start, Benefits And Steps To Take by tobamz(m): 11:03am On Jun 13, 2021
New farmers are here please, we need you all to keep the thread active so we can learn from Ur experiences
Re: Turkey Farming In Nigeria: How To Start, Benefits And Steps To Take by MostWanted007(m): 7:31pm On Sep 11, 2021
cruzclinton1:
bro don't drag us to ur blog, teach us here,answer our questions here, and again, d way u re quoting prizes here, is scarring, it will later turn out to be a business with much capital. I would prefer u teach us how to rear from day old. like buying a week old which will be very cheap and equally make d capital for start up very cheap. which u make people to venture into it.....but with d way ur going about it with ur prizes . d capital most go up and thereby discourage people. .....like there is trick I used last year December which is very cheap. I bought 4 turkey eggs from a turkey farmer,then I gave it to my mum to put it for her she fowl ( Hen) that is laying eggs to fertilize. which she removed all the Hen's original eggs and replaced it with d 4 turkey eggs I bought. to my greatest surprise, it hatched and they were very beautiful, the 4 of them. then I started rearing them,but due to lack of experience on rearing turkey, they all died, one after d other,not one day o, this one may die today, other next week, d other the next ....that's how d continued until non is remaining now. ......so am searching for who can guide me on how to rear them from day one till maturity. I WOULD APPRECIATE IF YOU TEACH US HERE FOR ALL TO LEARN. THANKS
bro unna sef no try, that is what Yoruba call “Akufa” nau… d chicken that was supposed to come to life wey unna pack the egg commot nko?
Re: Turkey Farming In Nigeria: How To Start, Benefits And Steps To Take by Mmkgroup5(f): 11:08pm On Oct 27, 2021
frainc:
who can help me out with this

Nothing is the answer

A rich man needs nothing. A poor man has nothing. If u eat nothing u die and when u die u can take nothing with u!
One word fits all 4 blank spaces! Its a seven letter word. What's the answer ?
Re: Turkey Farming In Nigeria: How To Start, Benefits And Steps To Take by moneylam: 9:14am On Oct 30, 2021
I want to start Turkey farming by December/January next year.... Who's gonna put me tru me here?
Re: Turkey Farming In Nigeria: How To Start, Benefits And Steps To Take by humility33(m): 10:43pm On Dec 06, 2021
Ganjababe:
Good Morning All,
I am a Turkey Farmer - Local preferably (This is because Foreign turkeys eat a lot just like Broiler Chickens and that is why they cost more). I even sold some turkeys last December.
Permit me to be truthful, Turkey is one of the most difficult livestock to raise but turns out to be profitable at the end. So be prepared for them. Infact, they die if not properly taken care of and also fight a lot (technically when mature, only 5 or 10 can be a in a place at a time)
Let me to go to the rudiments of raising them

Hello please can you coach me on this planning to start rearing next year
Re: Turkey Farming In Nigeria: How To Start, Benefits And Steps To Take by tobamz(m): 7:56pm On Dec 27, 2021
I second this notion you have about 6 turkey now, they are local.and are 6months I don't even know when is the best time to sell..
Re: Turkey Farming In Nigeria: How To Start, Benefits And Steps To Take by gat2so(m): 4:42pm On Jun 19, 2023
Turkey rearing is one of the most profitable farming business if one can get the required simple knowledge and the marketing strategies….
Re: Turkey Farming In Nigeria: How To Start, Benefits And Steps To Take by Masterkleenlaun: 5:25pm On Jun 20, 2023
gat2so:
Turkey rearing is one of the most profitable farming business if one can get the required simple knowledge and the marketing strategies….

What is the profit ratio?
Re: Turkey Farming In Nigeria: How To Start, Benefits And Steps To Take by guru03(m): 12:00pm On Jan 07
How many months can full grown one be eatable?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Photos: My Catfish Pond / This Ginger Farm Will Produce Over A Million Naira Worth Of Ginger / My Pap Making Business Story.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.