Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,310 members, 7,808,048 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:46 AM

Man Beats Wife Over Failure To Have Male Child - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Man Beats Wife Over Failure To Have Male Child (6839 Views)

Man Batters Wife Over Sex For More Children / Jobless Husband Beats Pregnant Wife Over Failure To Remit Monthly Salary / Neglect Of Male Child Rape/molestation By a Female Adult (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Beats Wife Over Failure To Have Male Child by AloyEmeka6: 12:42am On Nov 23, 2009
Man beats wife over failure to have male child
By Anthony Okoro,CORRESPONDENT, Lagos

A housewife, Misirat Bola Ashimolowo, has told Alimosho Grade ‘B’ Customary Court in Iyana Ipaja, Lagos that her husband, Adegoke Ashimolowo, often beats her mercilessly whenever she bore a female child.

Misirat, a mother of four children, was testifying in a divorce suit she instituted against her husband.

The woman also accused her husband of reckless consumption of local dry gin popularly called ogogoro and other intoxicants, seizure of her certificate and threat to set ablaze a house she built with her money and other irreconcilable differences.

The woman, who resides at 29, New Market Road, Megida, Ayobo, Lagos, informed the court that she met her husband in 1991 and thereafter they became wife and husband after they had undergone the traditional rites.

According to her, the marriage is blessed with four children, who are all females. They are Yetunde (16), Yemisi (14), Adeleye (12) and Adeyere (eight).

But her husband denied the allegations and said Misirat always threatens any woman she sees near him.

He added that he warned his wife eight years ago when their last child was just two months that he wanted a male child and failure to give him his desired child would lead to serious beating.

Misirat, however, urged her husband to allow her pack her belongings out of his house, adding that their children are old enough to decide where to stay.

Having listened to both parties, the court adjourned the suit for further hearing.

http://odili.net/news/source/2009/nov/21/407.html
Re: Man Beats Wife Over Failure To Have Male Child by AloyEmeka6: 12:44am On Nov 23, 2009
But her husband denied the allegations and said Misirat always threatens any woman she sees near him.

He added that he warned his wife eight years ago when their last child was just two months that he wanted a male child and failure to give him his desired child would lead to serious beating.

Oh mama Africa. Women don suffer. embarassed embarassed

2 Likes

Re: Man Beats Wife Over Failure To Have Male Child by Nobody: 12:44am On Nov 23, 2009
Why did she get married to that illiterate?

1 Like

Re: Man Beats Wife Over Failure To Have Male Child by AloyEmeka6: 1:02am On Nov 23, 2009
May be she is an illiterate too. grin grin grin
Re: Man Beats Wife Over Failure To Have Male Child by Fhemmmy: 6:33am On Nov 23, 2009
The man shd be jailed and be forced to learn
Re: Man Beats Wife Over Failure To Have Male Child by tRoOE(f): 6:52am On Nov 23, 2009
Typical Yoruba man **shake head**
Re: Man Beats Wife Over Failure To Have Male Child by Fhemmmy: 6:53am On Nov 23, 2009
tRoOE:

So now it is about the tribe?

1 Like

Re: Man Beats Wife Over Failure To Have Male Child by SeanT21(f): 6:57am On Nov 23, 2009
Some african men are something else. cry

1 Like

Re: Man Beats Wife Over Failure To Have Male Child by Fhemmmy: 6:59am On Nov 23, 2009
SeanT21:

Some african men are something else. cry

The man is a big idiot
Re: Man Beats Wife Over Failure To Have Male Child by tRoOE(f): 7:00am On Nov 23, 2009
Fhemmmy:

So now it is about the tribe?
b/c it mainly common among them
Re: Man Beats Wife Over Failure To Have Male Child by Fhemmmy: 7:06am On Nov 23, 2009
tRoOE:

I think it would b nice if we could get rid of generalizing such acts.
I know a lot of Yoruba man that will never touch their wives, and i know some ibo people that will not only beat their wives, but the wife is like a slave, but that will not be enuf for me to say it is common with ibo or yoruba, this is an act that has to be judged on an individual basis.

2 Likes

Re: Man Beats Wife Over Failure To Have Male Child by Sissy3(f): 7:10am On Nov 23, 2009
tRoOE:

i beg to differ. this is definitely an african thing. not just predominate with a certain tribe only.

1 Like

Re: Man Beats Wife Over Failure To Have Male Child by maxell(f): 7:11am On Nov 23, 2009
tRoOE:

tRoOE:

Stop generalizing, please. there are people all over the world that frown on women who give birth
to female children. I know this is true in many parts of africa and asia.
Re: Man Beats Wife Over Failure To Have Male Child by tRoOE(f): 7:13am On Nov 23, 2009
Fhemmmy:

I think it would b nice if we could get rid of generalizing such acts.
I know a lot of Yoruba man that will never touch their wives, and i know some ibo people that will not only beat their wives, but the wife is like a slave, but that will not be enuf for me to say it is common with ibo or yoruba, this is an act that has to be judged on an individual basis.
LOL@ generalizing, oh plz
I posted my comment based on experiences, sum beat their wives, while sum have affairs just to have a male child
Re: Man Beats Wife Over Failure To Have Male Child by tRoOE(f): 7:14am On Nov 23, 2009
maxell:

Stop generalizing, please. there are people all over the world that frown on women who give birth
to female children. I know this is true in many parts of africa and asia.
My opinion,
So next
Re: Man Beats Wife Over Failure To Have Male Child by Fhemmmy: 7:16am On Nov 23, 2009
tRoOE:

My opinion,
So next
tRoOE:

LOL@ generalizing,  oh plz
I posted my comment based on experiences, sum beat their wives, while sum have affairs just to have a male child

So i guess all the Americans that have affairs for the fun of it are all Yoruba people.

So i guess it is a fair statement that the ibos will have affairs to have female kids, cos they will be sold to highest bidders?

Or shd people say hausas will be sleep around to have female daughter to marry out to another man as the 5th wife?

I just hate generalizing  . . . . so no need for it
Re: Man Beats Wife Over Failure To Have Male Child by Fhemmmy: 7:17am On Nov 23, 2009
tRoOE:

My opinion,
So next

good to know it is your opinion and if all the yorubas that u know are wife beaters cos of male kids, then, it is time for you to move from the ghetto and move into where normal human lives
Re: Man Beats Wife Over Failure To Have Male Child by tRoOE(f): 7:23am On Nov 23, 2009
Fhemmmy aka I TOO KNW
Am not here to argue but have fun 2nite, okay
My my comments bothers u so much, kindly ignore it or move to the other thread
Re: Man Beats Wife Over Failure To Have Male Child by Fhemmmy: 7:24am On Nov 23, 2009
tRoOE:

Fhemmmy aka I TOO KNW
Am not here to argue but have fun 2nite, okay
My my comments bothers u so much, kindly ignore it or move to the other thread

There is a different btw "too know" and trying to correct what i think was an unfair statement.
Re: Man Beats Wife Over Failure To Have Male Child by tRoOE(f): 8:00am On Nov 23, 2009
watevaaaaaaaaa
Re: Man Beats Wife Over Failure To Have Male Child by Nobody: 8:03am On Nov 23, 2009
But Fhemmy won't deny Nigerians, both men and women are obsessed with this male child of a thing, right? tongue

1 Like

Re: Man Beats Wife Over Failure To Have Male Child by Charchar(f): 9:16am On Nov 23, 2009
Over here in Canada people just cheat fir cheating sake. I have learned that Nigerian do have a thing about having male babies. But for a man to wanna beat his wife for something that is not by her choise but by his makes no sence. Does he not know that it is his sperm that determines weather it be male or female?

1 Like

Re: Man Beats Wife Over Failure To Have Male Child by sexyLeamon(f): 9:19am On Nov 23, 2009
may God save the women in Africa, coz some of our men are beast.

1 Like

Re: Man Beats Wife Over Failure To Have Male Child by Sissy3(f): 10:02am On Nov 23, 2009
and its not even as if the so called males they kill themselves over are any better the females, many of are full of irresponsibility and uselessness but as long as they have a carrot under there, its all good.

1 Like

Re: Man Beats Wife Over Failure To Have Male Child by coolier(f): 10:50am On Nov 23, 2009
What's in a male child anyway? 'What a man can do a woman can do even much more better'!

1 Like

Re: Man Beats Wife Over Failure To Have Male Child by chrisj2(m): 4:49pm On Nov 23, 2009
coolier, there is nothing that much special about a male child in itself. It is the relationship that might matter to the man. He can love his girls and some of his girls might even be tom-boyish and love the kinda of things the man like but at the end of the day girls fo girly things. And most likely they will do those girly things with their mum, aunts, sisters and female friends.

It can be hard for a man to remain thorougly involved with female (and males these days in the west); its a woman world) children, Anyway, mpst parents want to mould their children in the same way as they are and perhaps want the kids to do some of those things they could not achieve especially when it comes to sports, craft and others.

Lastly, I guesw we all want someone to carry on our name (surname) and in all likelihood it will be the male of the family. The girls will marry off and bear their husbands name (most of the time -wayand most dads will wish for that to happen anyway).

For me, there are lots of things that I can do with male chidlren that I will not be able to do with a female child - even simple things as taking them to the toilet, and going on holiday or camping, then there is the various sports and then the lazying around and living like a slob from time to time.

Yes, we love our children but a house just full of women take a special kind of man to cope and be really content. But girls look after parents more - so, its all good.
Re: Man Beats Wife Over Failure To Have Male Child by Fhemmmy: 5:00pm On Nov 23, 2009
michelin89:

But Fhemmy won't deny Nigerians, both men and women are obsessed with this male child of a thing, right? tongue

Yes i do agree that Men are obsessed with male child and i kinda blame the women for part of it. tongue Now attack me all u want
Re: Man Beats Wife Over Failure To Have Male Child by AloyEmeka6: 5:47pm On Nov 23, 2009
The man denied his wife's allegations in court and went ahead to shoot himself in the leg by saying that he told his wife that he will beat her mercilessly if she gives birth to another female child. Illiteracy can make you daft.

1 Like

Re: Man Beats Wife Over Failure To Have Male Child by Fhemmmy: 6:37pm On Nov 23, 2009
^^^ So sad
Re: Man Beats Wife Over Failure To Have Male Child by Nobody: 6:45pm On Nov 23, 2009
Aloy~Emeka:

The man denied his wife's allegations in court and went ahead to shoot himself in the leg by saying that he told his wife that he will beat her mercilessly if she gives birth to another female child. Illiteracy can make you daft.

Lol. For him to proudly say all this in court shows the society condones wife battery. lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Man Beats Wife Over Failure To Have Male Child by Fhemmmy: 6:47pm On Nov 23, 2009
stillwater:

Lol. For him to proudly say all this in court shows the society condones wife battery. lipsrsealed

Could be that the man is just daft
Re: Man Beats Wife Over Failure To Have Male Child by Nobody: 6:55pm On Nov 23, 2009
Fhemmmy:

Could be that the man is just daft

Yeah he's daft. For proudly stating that in a court house, I bet you the people he goes around with will not consider it a crime. It will be like a normal thing.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

World's Youngest Grandmother: Likely A Nigerian / Clearance Sales!!!! / Am Getting Married......yea!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.