Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,396 members, 7,808,420 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:41 AM

Tinubu React To Buhari's Payment Of N5000 Stipend - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu React To Buhari's Payment Of N5000 Stipend (47302 Views)

Libya Returnee Rejects Obaseki’s Monthly Stipend; Libya Best Place To Work (pic) / Who Has Received The N5000 Stipend From FG? / Jubilation In Kwara As Residents Receive Alert Of Buhari’s N5000 Stipend - (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu React To Buhari's Payment Of N5000 Stipend by Limitednow: 7:16am On Jan 07, 2017
Payment Of N5000 Stipend, Sign Of Buhari’s Commitment To People’s Welfare – Tinubu

THE National Leader of the All Progressives Congress, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, has commended President Muhammadu Buhari for the commencement of the payment of N5,000 each to the poor and most vulnerable under the Conditional Cash Transfer programme of the present administration.

The programme was part of the cardinal promises of Buhari during the 2015 campaign.

Asiwaju Tinubu said the stipend for the poor was a sign of the Buhari-led APC government’s commitment to people’s welfare.

He said in a statement by his Media Office: “I commend President Buhari for keeping faith with his campaign promise. I commend him for empathizing with the poor and the most vulnerable among us.

“The payment could n’t have come at a better time than now. The stipend is a sign of the government’s commitment to people’s welfare. We must all unite to beat poverty and bring prosperity to the land.”

Tinubu again called for support for the present administration, saying with such, the government would soon turn things around for the benefit of the people.

President Buhari had started the payment of N5,000 each to one million poor Nigerians under its Conditional Cash Transfer programme, which is one of his cardinal campaign promises.

Under the programme, the President had promised to empower one million poor and most vulnerable with the N5,000 monthly stipend each.

The programme is under the government’s Social Investment Programmes, where N30,000 monthly stipends were earlier paid to 200,000 youths under the N-Power programme, which began in December 2016, and the School Feeding programme.

The commencement of the N5,000 payment was announced on Monday in a statement from the Office of the Vice-President, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo.

The statement, signed by the Vice-President’s spokesman, Laolu Akande, said the first batch of payment would cover nine states.

Akande said some of the beneficiaries had started receiving their payments since December 30, 2016.

Akande had said funds for the payments to beneficiaries in Borno, Kwara and Bauchi States were released last week to the Nigeria Inter-Bank Settlement System, the platform that hosts and validates payments for all government’s SIP.

He said the funds for another set, which included Cross Rivers, Niger, Kogi, Oyo, Ogun and Ekiti States, would follow soon to complete the first batch of beneficiaries.

According to Akande, the nine pilot states were chosen because they had an existing Social Register that successfully identified the most vulnerable and poorest Nigerians.

He said the registers emerged through a tried and tested community-based targeting method working with the World Bank while other states were developing their social registers and would be included in subsequent phases.

Akande said the Federal Government would commence community mobilisation for the creation of the social registers in more states to expand the scope and reach of the Conditional Cash Transfer across the country.

Source:http://www.socialtimesng.com/2017/01/payment-n5000-sign-buharis-commitment-peoples-welfare-tinubu/

9 Likes

Re: Tinubu React To Buhari's Payment Of N5000 Stipend by Nutase: 7:23am On Jan 07, 2017
Okpolo

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu React To Buhari's Payment Of N5000 Stipend by ALMUSTAQIM(m): 7:24am On Jan 07, 2017
GOD BLESS TINUBU, OUR JAGABAN.
GOD BLESS PMB1523
GOD BLESS NIGERIA

58 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu React To Buhari's Payment Of N5000 Stipend by Limitednow: 7:25am On Jan 07, 2017
‎Tinubu stop pretending, we know you!

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu React To Buhari's Payment Of N5000 Stipend by myfantasies(f): 7:29am On Jan 07, 2017
Who and who have received dere own 5000

Cos i have not seen or heard anyone who have received deres

Nd by the way won't dey give me my own

Or na mouth dem use dey pay the money

55 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu React To Buhari's Payment Of N5000 Stipend by Ekpeitut: 7:35am On Jan 07, 2017
Is it just me but it's as if the present government deliberately ran the Nigerian economy to the ground and increased the hunger level before commencing the 5k payment so they'll receive accolades for being sensitive to the plight of the common man.

Anyways..

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu React To Buhari's Payment Of N5000 Stipend by marveangel(m): 7:37am On Jan 07, 2017
From unemployed graduates to poor and defenseless abi na hopeless sef.....Just Like That

7 Likes

Re: Tinubu React To Buhari's Payment Of N5000 Stipend by kabrud: 7:38am On Jan 07, 2017
myfantasies:
Who and who have received dere own 5000

Cos i have not seen or heard anyone who have received deres

Nd by the way won't dey give me my own

Or na mouth dem use dey pay the money

Haba sister, it is more appropriate u assist the fed govt by taking responsibility of paying for at least 10 poor Nigerians monthly, except if the dp is not u.

15 Likes

Re: Tinubu React To Buhari's Payment Of N5000 Stipend by olaolulazio(m): 7:49am On Jan 07, 2017
Baba don wake up again.

The game is over!

1 Like

Re: Tinubu React To Buhari's Payment Of N5000 Stipend by meezynetwork(m): 7:51am On Jan 07, 2017
Govt of lies

13 Likes

Re: Tinubu React To Buhari's Payment Of N5000 Stipend by ItsawrapOutfit: 7:51am On Jan 07, 2017
Action film

1 Like

Re: Tinubu React To Buhari's Payment Of N5000 Stipend by yomsad(m): 7:51am On Jan 07, 2017
Nonsense bullshit

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu React To Buhari's Payment Of N5000 Stipend by Royalfurnitures: 7:51am On Jan 07, 2017
No, they didn't promise to pay vulnerable people but unemployed graduates which they later denied. Again let's see the list of those thatve benefitted already. I see this whole thing as mere political stunt for 2019

Pls check out my signature for quality and durable furniture

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu React To Buhari's Payment Of N5000 Stipend by alexiej(m): 7:51am On Jan 07, 2017
NA WASH!!!

Let them keep lying through their teeth. If APC is committed to the welfare of the people, they wouldn't have owed pple 7 months salary, they wouldn't shut Lautech for so long (cos of the govt's irresponsibility), they wouldn't keep the clueless cbn governor in office and think the country would come out of recession, they wouldn't be collecting 50 naira stamp duty on the little deposits people make.... The list is endless!

APC is a scam, abeg!

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu React To Buhari's Payment Of N5000 Stipend by Nobody: 7:52am On Jan 07, 2017
grin
Re: Tinubu React To Buhari's Payment Of N5000 Stipend by samx4real(m): 7:52am On Jan 07, 2017
Oya Like my comment if you have received yours

or

Share if you have not

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu React To Buhari's Payment Of N5000 Stipend by maberry(m): 7:52am On Jan 07, 2017
Tinibu
I hope say this talk na from ur mind o? grin

1 Like

Re: Tinubu React To Buhari's Payment Of N5000 Stipend by ChessEnthusiast: 7:53am On Jan 07, 2017
Rubbish.
Why not embark on sustainable projects like constructing good roads and repairing the dilapitated ones, massive infrastructural development, steady power supply, development of local manpower, research and development centres etc
and watch poverty slides into oblivion.

Still. giving people fish in this 21st century. Tinubu should shut the fvck up and take several seats.

Feeding of vulnerable people isn't sustainable. Ask Ogbeni Aregbe. He will tell you more.

Nonsense.

11 Likes

Re: Tinubu React To Buhari's Payment Of N5000 Stipend by ThuGnificenX: 7:53am On Jan 07, 2017
Mafia grin
Re: Tinubu React To Buhari's Payment Of N5000 Stipend by DIKEnaWAR: 7:54am On Jan 07, 2017
Coward of chocolate roof Kingdom! Cat of Bourdillon.

Some f00ls are still shouting that this man has got a shocker for Buhari. It is clear that baby toad is spent and out of water. He is now by the gutter side croaking,moaning and gasping for air. Looking for help, from the Asiwaju of yoruba land a.k.a Fayose.

Even Atiku, who is a power monger and can kiss a frog for power will not grovel like this for anybody.

Tinubu is finished! Simple. Let him admit it and we shall start the process of his rehabilitation.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu React To Buhari's Payment Of N5000 Stipend by Cekpo34(m): 7:54am On Jan 07, 2017
“The payment could n’t have come at a better time than now. The stipend is a sign of the government’s commitment to people’s welfare. We must all unite to beat poverty and bring prosperity to the land.”
- TINUBU (2017)

SEE Hipocrisy ... as if they care about poor Nigerians undecided

12 Likes

Re: Tinubu React To Buhari's Payment Of N5000 Stipend by Nobody: 7:54am On Jan 07, 2017
cuff
Re: Tinubu React To Buhari's Payment Of N5000 Stipend by BlindAngel: 7:54am On Jan 07, 2017
Fake change everywhere
when 98% of the most poor dnt even have banks in their village/town, talkmore of having a bank account
Lies and fake change everywhere, every living soul that voted for this fake government and still supporting it till date will die today Saturday IJN.
No peace for the wicked
QUOTE ME NEGATIVELY AND DIE THIS NIGHT, AND I WILL SHOW U THAT AM A REAL TOMBOY.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu React To Buhari's Payment Of N5000 Stipend by deepwater(f): 7:54am On Jan 07, 2017
I ask again, who are the poor!

P.S Tinubu said we should come together to beat poverty!
with what? #5,000 a month? How much is a gallon of kerosene?

6 Likes

Re: Tinubu React To Buhari's Payment Of N5000 Stipend by greatiyk4u(m): 7:55am On Jan 07, 2017
In wailers voice
Tinubu is pretending
Re: Tinubu React To Buhari's Payment Of N5000 Stipend by Goroz: 7:55am On Jan 07, 2017
samx4real:
Oya Like my comment if you have received yours

or

Share if you have not
Do you eat likes and shares? Grow up

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu React To Buhari's Payment Of N5000 Stipend by samx4real(m): 7:55am On Jan 07, 2017
Hunger don dey town...

Sote na human being people wan start to dey eat now oh
Re: Tinubu React To Buhari's Payment Of N5000 Stipend by Nobody: 7:55am On Jan 07, 2017
The question I keep asking and it seems no one has given me the answer, who and who qualifies as poor and vulnerable? And how many poor and vulnerable have bank accounts?,so how did the list come about?cos right before our eyes we all know what happened to surep

14 Likes

Re: Tinubu React To Buhari's Payment Of N5000 Stipend by adeniyi3971(m): 7:56am On Jan 07, 2017
so 5k is what?! awon oloshi

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Rabiu Biyora Defects To PDP, Received By Atiku (Pics) / Mass Protest Against Oshiomhole Administration Rocks Benin City / Victor Umeh Receiving Prayers From Catholic Priest Before Arrest - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.