Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,579 members, 7,809,097 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:02 PM

How Many Bag Of Feed Do I Need In Rearing 100 Broilers - Agriculture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / How Many Bag Of Feed Do I Need In Rearing 100 Broilers (133064 Views)

How Many Bag Of Feed Do I Need In Rearing 50 Broilers From A Day Old To 6 Weeks / How Many Bags Of Feed Is Needed In Rearing Layers To Maturity / How Many Bags Of Feed Do U Need To Raise 300 Broiler To 7 Weeks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Many Bag Of Feed Do I Need In Rearing 100 Broilers by fidtopade: 7:55am On Jan 06, 2020
Jaymaxxy:

No need for grower?
It depens on you, I have one use grower for my birds and I got a very good result, I mean very good result.
Re: How Many Bag Of Feed Do I Need In Rearing 100 Broilers by ijeshaboy: 1:39pm On Jan 08, 2020
drexx:
as you would agree with me, poultry business profitability is largely dependent on the scale you operate. the truth is that the higher you produce, the lower your cost of production. doing 100 for start up is good but settling on 100 if you have space is wasteful. 5k used to run medication for 100 birds can also run medication for 200 birds. the profitability depends on your scale

meanwhile let's do a little plus /minus

100 birds at 200 per bird- 20,000
feeds- 4 bags of starter at 3750- 15000
11 bags of finisher at 3650-40150
drugs 5000
wood shavings/transport-2000
kerosene- 2000

total- 84,150

Working with a mortality of 5,

Revenue is 114,000
profit is 29,850.

With proper management and a little bit of knowledge and luck, you can reduce the mortality and the amount spent in medications. there is organic farming now where you can use things around you to stand in for drugs and they are even more effective. My vet is complaining that I don't call or visit as before, we have found better natural alternatives to drugs. Credit goes to my oga @organic foods
please what are the organic method u use.
Re: How Many Bag Of Feed Do I Need In Rearing 100 Broilers by shyenar999(m): 10:23pm On Jan 08, 2020
smartz5311:

What does DOC and POL mean?

DOC :- Day Old Chick
POL:- Point of Lay
Re: How Many Bag Of Feed Do I Need In Rearing 100 Broilers by prince10348(m): 11:01am On Jan 28, 2020
This is my two weeks broiler, please I want to know if they eat lot or not. 100 in number and have already finish 5 days of feeds.

2 Likes

Re: How Many Bag Of Feed Do I Need In Rearing 100 Broilers by Lusola15: 3:33pm On Jan 28, 2020
prince10348:
This is my two weeks broiler, please I want to know if they eat lot or not. 100 in number and have already finish 5 days of feeds.

Hi, please can I get more pics of your cage
Re: How Many Bag Of Feed Do I Need In Rearing 100 Broilers by JusticeSeeker: 9:22am On Jan 29, 2020
prince10348:
pls, better view of your cage.
Re: How Many Bag Of Feed Do I Need In Rearing 100 Broilers by prince10348(m): 8:22am On Feb 12, 2020
Pls what is the current price of 6 weeks broiler, I have 100 pieces that I want to sell, I just want to know the price before they will cheat me.

Re: How Many Bag Of Feed Do I Need In Rearing 100 Broilers by Dhortunn(m): 11:11am On Feb 17, 2020
prince10348:
Pls what is the current price of 6 weeks broiler, I have 100 pieces that I want to sell, I just want to know the price before they will cheat me.

Should be around 800-1000. Sold them yet?

1 Like

Re: How Many Bag Of Feed Do I Need In Rearing 100 Broilers by nwabuwa: 7:13pm On Feb 17, 2020
Those birds don't look like 6 weeks birds.

2 Likes

Re: How Many Bag Of Feed Do I Need In Rearing 100 Broilers by Emacazy: 1:00am On Feb 28, 2020
Good morning please I just started the business and my first set of 100 birds are 6 week and 3 days today I need buyer,from uyo
Re: How Many Bag Of Feed Do I Need In Rearing 100 Broilers by Emacazy: 1:03am On Feb 28, 2020
The location matters
Re: How Many Bag Of Feed Do I Need In Rearing 100 Broilers by Emacazy: 1:23am On Feb 28, 2020
6weeks and 3 days
How much can I sell in uyo,
And please I also need buyers

Re: How Many Bag Of Feed Do I Need In Rearing 100 Broilers by Emacazy: 1:27am On Feb 28, 2020
prince10348:

They are eating well and they will give you a good weight even before 6 weeks
Are you giving them any appetizer
Re: How Many Bag Of Feed Do I Need In Rearing 100 Broilers by Lusola15: 1:05am On Mar 01, 2020
Please I have 6 weeks broiler for sale
Present weight 1.6 to 1.9
Location ifo, ogun state
O8o. 295o. 1o97
Re: How Many Bag Of Feed Do I Need In Rearing 100 Broilers by Mmkgroup5(f): 4:23pm On May 12, 2020
What’s this one saying lol I don’t have time for u jare ur villagers already caught up with u so no time to waste time with u
otunbadan:

I just went through your post and discovered you are actually a mad person with free mb...you have just been attacking people who wrote their experiences with your stupidity and know all attitude... by the way ... you are one ugly bitch with akamu and alomo for a brain, dumb id.iot
Re: How Many Bag Of Feed Do I Need In Rearing 100 Broilers by SwitBEsther: 4:45pm On May 12, 2020
drexx:
as you would agree with me, poultry business profitability is largely dependent on the scale you operate. the truth is that the higher you produce, the lower your cost of production. doing 100 for start up is good but settling on 100 if you have space is wasteful. 5k used to run medication for 100 birds can also run medication for 200 birds. the profitability depends on your scale

meanwhile let's do a little plus /minus

100 birds at 200 per bird- 20,000
feeds- 4 bags of starter at 3750- 15000
11 bags of finisher at 3650-40150
drugs 5000
wood shavings/transport-2000
kerosene- 2000

total- 84,150

Working with a mortality of 5,

Revenue is 114,000
profit is 29,850.

With proper management and a little bit of knowledge and luck, you can reduce the mortality and the amount spent in medications. there is organic farming now where you can use things around you to stand in for drugs and they are even more effective. My vet is complaining that I don't call or visit as before, we have found better natural alternatives to drugs. Credit goes to my oga @organic foods

I'm practicing 100% Organic poultry farming
* Low mortality
* Healthier meat for consumption
And so many benefits
Re: How Many Bag Of Feed Do I Need In Rearing 100 Broilers by Nreebge: 3:02pm On May 16, 2020
SwitBEsther ,what are the organic drugs because intend to start a poultry business by next week. Though am only going to manage for my little who is not around. please i need your help
Re: How Many Bag Of Feed Do I Need In Rearing 100 Broilers by martinskelly(m): 12:23pm On Jun 12, 2020
Planning to embark on poultry business maybe this year around august.
Just learning from you people
Re: How Many Bag Of Feed Do I Need In Rearing 100 Broilers by Nedlog01(m): 10:48am On Jul 10, 2020
There is now a platform created to support and grow agricultural and food related brands. It is called The Chicken Farm. It is a site that connects buyers and sellers of chicken products. Products including: Poultry, Fast Food, Equipment, Manure, Feed etc can all be sold and bought on the site as long as they relate to chicken. Register with: www.thechickenfarm.com.ng/register/TCU20GOL4. It's all free.
It's for those in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: How Many Bag Of Feed Do I Need In Rearing 100 Broilers by maajimk(m): 8:08pm On Aug 27, 2020
How much una dey sell 6weeks? Market wan cast poultry farmers ooh. Day olds for N470. Aaah

drexx:
here in my market, we sell at 6 weeks, we use 15 bags, day and night.....i think like 4 starters and the rest finishers
Re: How Many Bag Of Feed Do I Need In Rearing 100 Broilers by mcdokwe(m): 11:30pm On Aug 28, 2020
drexx:
This right here is the point I am making. in my experience raising broilers, people don't know that all those antibiotics are detrimental to the final consumers health. how many farmers observe the stipulated withdrawal period? I advocate a completely organic production of broilers where natural things are used........its more effective and cheaper

The woman I buy drugs from for my chicks scare me a lot about the cost of running organic whenever I broach the idea to her
Re: How Many Bag Of Feed Do I Need In Rearing 100 Broilers by Oghenekaro89: 12:32pm On Jan 14, 2021
Arry110:
ok am happy for you sir, being in the buisness for a year now, I found out that broilers grow very fast being fed only starter and it gives them more appetite using starter only I recommend you to use only TOP starter. And broilers are not fed growers only layers are fed growers before the farmers switches to layer mash.

Please is TOP a feed specifically on its own like other feeds?
Re: How Many Bag Of Feed Do I Need In Rearing 100 Broilers by Oghenekaro89: 12:34pm On Jan 14, 2021
Emacazy:

They are eating well and they will give you a good weight even before 6 weeks
Are you giving them any appetizer

Please i don’t know bout appetizer.. can i be enlightened please ? ��
Re: How Many Bag Of Feed Do I Need In Rearing 100 Broilers by Giantfarmer(m): 2:33pm On Jan 14, 2021
SUPERPACK:
20 bags of 50kg feed, with a capital of #1000 per bird.
it's too much
Re: How Many Bag Of Feed Do I Need In Rearing 100 Broilers by Giantfarmer(m): 2:39pm On Jan 14, 2021
Arry110:
ok am happy for you sir, being in the buisness for a year now, I found out that broilers grow very fast being fed only starter and it gives them more appetite using starter only I recommend you to use only TOP starter. And broilers are not fed growers only layers are fed growers before the farmers switches to layer mash.
they need finisher feed from week 4 and above..this is because the fat content of finisher is her than starter. higher level of fat is required at that level to gain maximum weight...use starter till four weeks and finisher til sales that's the correct order
Re: How Many Bag Of Feed Do I Need In Rearing 100 Broilers by Giantfarmer(m): 2:41pm On Jan 14, 2021
Oghenekaro89:

Please i don’t know bout appetizer.. can i be enlightened please ? ��
they are growth boosters like multivitamin, probiotics and the rest of them it aid faster digestion and food conversation. the birds gain weight faster
Re: How Many Bag Of Feed Do I Need In Rearing 100 Broilers by Giantfarmer(m): 2:46pm On Jan 14, 2021
Emacazy:
6weeks and 3 days How much can I sell in uyo, And please I also need buyers
wats their weight
Re: How Many Bag Of Feed Do I Need In Rearing 100 Broilers by Giantfarmer(m): 2:48pm On Jan 14, 2021
mcdokwe:

The woman I buy drugs from for my chicks scare me a lot about the cost of running organic whenever I broach the idea to her
hmmmm she want to keep you as her customer,my dear purely organic is wat I do ... I only buy multivitamin
Re: How Many Bag Of Feed Do I Need In Rearing 100 Broilers by Giantfarmer(m): 2:53pm On Jan 14, 2021
prince10348:
my brother you are wasting feed ..birds grow in stages 1-4 and ,4-8 if you understand this you wouldn't waste feed .when you feed them too much, you get allot of feaces without maximum utilization of your feed...they need at most 6bags for 4wks
Re: How Many Bag Of Feed Do I Need In Rearing 100 Broilers by Oghenekaro89: 3:09pm On Jan 14, 2021
Giantfarmer:
hmmmm she want to keep you as her customer,my dear purely organic is wat I do ... I only buy multivitamin

So does the multivitamin keep them agains diseases still?
Re: How Many Bag Of Feed Do I Need In Rearing 100 Broilers by Oghenekaro89: 3:14pm On Jan 14, 2021
Please can anyone help me with the vaccine name and amount for Newcastle disease? My birds are in trouble
Re: How Many Bag Of Feed Do I Need In Rearing 100 Broilers by Giantfarmer(m): 7:49pm On Jan 14, 2021
Oghenekaro89:

So does the multivitamin keep them agains diseases still?
to supplement the feed defficiency, improve their immunity to desease aid quick recovery and it's also a growth booster ...it's very important in poultry..
but I use it because I can't afford organic multivitamin production my self

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Just Killed This Animal But Don't Know It's Name. / Updated Prices Of Day Old Broiler,Cockerel,Layers From Ibadan. / Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.