Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,313 members, 7,780,761 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:25 PM

Adeboye Retires As RCCG GO, Obayemi Named Successor - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Adeboye Retires As RCCG GO, Obayemi Named Successor (59258 Views)

Cardinal John Onaiyekan Retires As Archbishop Of Abuja / Daddy Freeze Reacts As Remi Tinubu Is Ordained As RCCG Pastor / RCCG GO Pastor Adeboye Want You To Call Him "Daddy" But The Bible Says Otherwise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adeboye Retires As RCCG GO, Obayemi Named Successor by oloriooko(m): 1:20pm On Jan 07, 2017
shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Adeboye Retires As RCCG GO, Obayemi Named Successor by shumuel(m): 1:21pm On Jan 07, 2017
dingbang:
What of Oyedepo grin

He is also planning to, but wants it to be a family affair sad
Re: Adeboye Retires As RCCG GO, Obayemi Named Successor by idupaul: 1:22pm On Jan 07, 2017
amodu:

How can you be so myopic to bring tribalism into religion

Tribalism does man no good.

Where is the religion on this thread because I don't see any oo
Re: Adeboye Retires As RCCG GO, Obayemi Named Successor by ichommy(m): 1:22pm On Jan 07, 2017
0b10010011:
I thought who he will hand-over to was still in the world.... grin grin grin

grin grin grin

Re: Adeboye Retires As RCCG GO, Obayemi Named Successor by Theolink(m): 1:22pm On Jan 07, 2017
A confirmed lie. Disregard it.
Re: Adeboye Retires As RCCG GO, Obayemi Named Successor by engreo(m): 1:22pm On Jan 07, 2017
Pidgin2:
Nice but does the church belong to people from the SW?
undecided
Re: Adeboye Retires As RCCG GO, Obayemi Named Successor by obasco11(m): 1:22pm On Jan 07, 2017
Papa adeboye.. Hnmm DAT blesses man of God.....
Re: Adeboye Retires As RCCG GO, Obayemi Named Successor by Nobody: 1:23pm On Jan 07, 2017
maximunimpact:
Another yahoo man to take over, and the milking of the gullibles continues, where are the give a "F" guys when u need them.......

Even if you don't have respect for pastor Adebayo, respect him as an elder or a father. One more thing, take your " i don't give a fek" and swallow it.
Re: Adeboye Retires As RCCG GO, Obayemi Named Successor by datopaper(m): 1:24pm On Jan 07, 2017
G
Re: Adeboye Retires As RCCG GO, Obayemi Named Successor by Orikinla1: 1:25pm On Jan 07, 2017
Until Pastor Adeboye confirms it, don't believe this report.
Re: Adeboye Retires As RCCG GO, Obayemi Named Successor by Dething: 1:26pm On Jan 07, 2017
He did not!

He only appointed a national overseer.

Shioorrrrr!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Adeboye Retires As RCCG GO, Obayemi Named Successor by NATIONALPASTOR: 1:27pm On Jan 07, 2017
Pidgin2:

Yes. All Yoruba churches Exploits the Igbos to Enrich yorubas.

Igbos should learn from this.

3 Likes

Re: Adeboye Retires As RCCG GO, Obayemi Named Successor by Nobody: 1:28pm On Jan 07, 2017
ceeethru:
He is a good man who has served humanity with all he has.

Indeed it is year of surprise

well done sir!
@bolded, which humanity? Redeem in not noted for service to humanity, including philanthropy, youth capacity building or liberation theology. Redeem is not even noted for going to the hinterland to win souls. Redeem poaches from other denominations. What does the church even stand for?
Re: Adeboye Retires As RCCG GO, Obayemi Named Successor by Bhol28: 1:28pm On Jan 07, 2017
GREAT MAN OF GOD.

1 Like

Re: Adeboye Retires As RCCG GO, Obayemi Named Successor by NATIONALPASTOR: 1:29pm On Jan 07, 2017
vicfuntop:

Even if you don't have respect for pastor Adebayo, respect him as an elder or a father. One more thing, take your " i don't give a fek" and swallow it.

Did yorubas respect GEJ as an elder?

1 Like

Re: Adeboye Retires As RCCG GO, Obayemi Named Successor by AngelicBeing: 1:32pm On Jan 07, 2017
Re: Adeboye Retires As RCCG GO, Obayemi Named Successor by Bhol28: 1:32pm On Jan 07, 2017
NATIONALPASTOR:

Yes. All Yoruba churches Exploits the Igbos to Enrich yorubas.

Igbos should learn from this.
Are Igbos that myopic.Sure they aren't.
Re: Adeboye Retires As RCCG GO, Obayemi Named Successor by totalhouse(m): 1:32pm On Jan 07, 2017
yemikush:

http://ynaija.com/breaking-pastor-adeboye-retires-as-rccg-go-pastor-obayemi-named-his-successor/?utm_source=&utm_medium=facebook

I knew this is what the news will carry... Jokers
Anyways pastor J. O. Obayemi is the new national overseer (Nigeria alone) because of the new 'general bubu 's law' to 'checkmate' the church... In Nigeria today, any general overseer in Nigeria will always serve by tenure, no more general overseer till death in Nigeria..
The government is poking nose into church in order to have her way for a kind of control on the Church.. We know where they are going.. Revenue must be generated through all means... Just let them continue, we are ready for the insensitive government...
Pastor E. A. Adeboye is still the general overseer worldwide because Rccg is a global church

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Adeboye Retires As RCCG GO, Obayemi Named Successor by Emblj: 1:32pm On Jan 07, 2017
Pidgin2:

Must you tribalise everything? Even things of God.
Make no mistakes , this is not politics.
Re: Adeboye Retires As RCCG GO, Obayemi Named Successor by ccasilas(m): 1:33pm On Jan 07, 2017
Mba dont compare this to politics biko
let just go straight to the point, so what you are saying now is appropriate to be retired from doing the work of God instead of doing it till one rest his or her life
this is to tell you that the world govt (Politics has enter the house of God) thank God been a Christian am not a gullible follower
seunlayi:
A lesson for our sit tight politicians. From Gej, Ghana outgoing president, E.A Adeboye,......

Pastor J.O. Obayemi has been named as his successor.

Until his appointment, Obayemi, who was a deputy in charge of Finance and a member of governing council

Wish him the best

FTC dedicated to Baba Adeboye for the work done and Pastor Obayemi for the task ahead. Show your love
Re: Adeboye Retires As RCCG GO, Obayemi Named Successor by Fyngal1(f): 1:33pm On Jan 07, 2017
...from the redemption camp, Daddy GO is still the general overseer of the RCGG, till Jesus come. He only name Pst Obayemi as an Overseer, not general overseer.
Re: Adeboye Retires As RCCG GO, Obayemi Named Successor by Nobody: 1:33pm On Jan 07, 2017
I know some people have been disappointed, but let the spirit of God lead. Everybody need to work with the new GO.

1 Like

Re: Adeboye Retires As RCCG GO, Obayemi Named Successor by totalhouse(m): 1:34pm On Jan 07, 2017
kITATITA:

@bolded, which humanity? Redeem in not noted for service to humanity, including philanthropy, youth capacity building or liberation theology. Redeem is not even noted for going to the hinterland to win souls. Redeem poaches from other denominations. What does the church even stand for?

I laugh in Swahili.. Joker
Re: Adeboye Retires As RCCG GO, Obayemi Named Successor by tboyO2: 1:35pm On Jan 07, 2017
dingbang:
What of Oyedepo grin
that one na idi amin he go die there grin
Re: Adeboye Retires As RCCG GO, Obayemi Named Successor by Nobody: 1:36pm On Jan 07, 2017
NATIONALPASTOR:

Did yorubas respect GEJ as an elder?

I know you quoted me because you thought u would come out intelligent but u didn't
Re: Adeboye Retires As RCCG GO, Obayemi Named Successor by lonikit: 1:36pm On Jan 07, 2017
yemikush:

http://ynaija.com/breaking-pastor-adeboye-retires-as-rccg-go-pastor-obayemi-named-his-successor/?utm_source=&utm_medium=facebook

but sebi they talk say the person wey go take over still dey where he dey drink ogogoro nw. how come dey come pick the deputy GO
Re: Adeboye Retires As RCCG GO, Obayemi Named Successor by InfinixMine: 1:37pm On Jan 07, 2017
Pastor Obayemi was appointed Overseer of RCCG Nigeria Pastor Adeboye is still the General Overseer RCCG World wide

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Adeboye Retires As RCCG GO, Obayemi Named Successor by daneni1(m): 1:38pm On Jan 07, 2017
Pidgin2:

If you notice, churches founded by the southwest, their general overseer will be from the southwest eg CAC, REDEEM, DEEPER LIFE, ETC.

The churches founded by the southeast, their general overseer are from d southeast.

eg. lords chosen, Heroes of faith and some other Pentecostal churches founded by an easterner

I am not generalising this statement but its 80% true.

After, person go say politics no dey inside church, most of the pastors chosen to take d post of general overseer are selected base on.............and not mostly from the spirit of God.

6 Likes

Re: Adeboye Retires As RCCG GO, Obayemi Named Successor by seunlayi(m): 1:39pm On Jan 07, 2017
solar007:
without bn told, I knew it is the hangover of Osogbo weed you took last weekend when celebrating the new year in atheist way that is affecting you

1 Like

Re: Adeboye Retires As RCCG GO, Obayemi Named Successor by GabdelandAgro(m): 1:41pm On Jan 07, 2017
just like Political parties. will the new G.O. probe the administration of the former? am just asking ooooo

if u quote me anyhow, thunder fire you
Re: Adeboye Retires As RCCG GO, Obayemi Named Successor by Abelmoscus(m): 1:42pm On Jan 07, 2017
The mod. Must be fighting for Hobnobs and malt during daddy's speech. Pastor Obayemi was only appointed to oversee pension and gratuity issues.
Re: Adeboye Retires As RCCG GO, Obayemi Named Successor by AVECDEO: 1:43pm On Jan 07, 2017
saxwizard:
wow. ....I will miss that humble man of God
. Is he dead or has the holy spirit left him? Why miss him when he's still with us.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Tom Samson's Rolls-Royce 50th Birthday Gift (pics) / Modele Fatoyinbo: "My Husband Cannot Rape Anyone" - COZA Pastor's Wife / Pastor David Elijah: What You Don't Know About The 'Bulletproof' Pastor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.