Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,866 members, 7,802,785 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:29 PM

Nairalanders, Please Rescue Me From GTBANK!!! - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nairalanders, Please Rescue Me From GTBANK!!! (1906 Views)

Innoson Vs Gtbank: 40 Key Points From Gtbank's Version Of What Caused Dispute / Please Rescue Me. The CBN Is After My Pension Account. / Nairalanders, Please Rescue Me From GTBANK!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairalanders, Please Rescue Me From GTBANK!!! by iamtiredoflife: 1:00pm On Jan 07, 2017
Thanks for viewing this thread...

Please I created this thread to seek for relevant solution to what I'm currently facing.

I was offered admission into a polytechnic last year December & the school has resumed since last week, but I couldn't resume with my colleagues because there's no money at all to even pay my acceptance.

Yesterday, my parents were able to gather the required cash for my registration & immediately my mother went to deposit the cash in my account & I received the credit alert.

Unfortunately, when i woke up today, i got this disheartening message from GTBANK
"Dear customer, your a/c xxxxxxxxxx has exceeded the limit of #300,000 and has been restricted. Please visit a Gtbank branch with a utility bill & regulatory ID"

This is the real problem:
1. I'm just 18 years old & I don't have any regulatory ID (National ID, PVC, Passport, Drivers License ). Although, I've done the registration for National ID in December but I was told it'll be ready in January ending.

2. The deadline for registration in the school I was admitted to is Next week

What do you think I can do

PLEASE, ADVICE ME!!!

This is urgent, dear mods, kindly help me move this post to front page
Lalasticalala
Mynd44
Dominique
Seun
Re: Nairalanders, Please Rescue Me From GTBANK!!! by bigtt76(f): 1:03pm On Jan 07, 2017
Take the National ID slip with your National Identification Number on it and use it to process your account at the bank. It is acceptable.

iamtiredoflife:
Thanks for viewing this thread...

Please I created this thread to seek for relevant solution to what I'm currently facing.

I was offered admission into a polytechnic last year December & the school has resumed since last week, but I couldn't resume with my colleagues because there's no money at all to even pay my acceptance.

Yesterday, my parents were able to gather the required cash for my registration & immediately my mother went to deposit the cash in my account & I received the credit alert.

Unfortunately, when i woke up today, i got this disheartening message from GTBANK
"Dear customer, your a/c xxxxxxxxxx has exceeded the limit of #300,000 and has been restricted. Please visit a Gtbank branch with a utility bill & regulatory ID"

This is the real problem:
1. I'm just 18 years old & I don't have any regulatory ID (National ID, PVC, Passport, Drivers License ). Although, I've done the registration for National ID in December but I was told it'll be ready in January ending.

2. The deadline for registration in the school I was admitted to is Next week

What do you think I can do

PLEASE, ADVICE ME!!!

This is urgent, dear mods, kindly help me move this post to front page
Lalasticalala
Mynd44
Dominique
Seun

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders, Please Rescue Me From GTBANK!!! by Gliding(m): 1:05pm On Jan 07, 2017
Go to the bank with your national I'D registration slip and explain to them. Request that the funds be sent back to your parents, if there is no headway. They can then send it to another account
Re: Nairalanders, Please Rescue Me From GTBANK!!! by temitemi1(m): 1:05pm On Jan 07, 2017
Visit their twitter handle
Re: Nairalanders, Please Rescue Me From GTBANK!!! by iamtiredoflife: 1:11pm On Jan 07, 2017
bigtt76:
Take the National ID slip with your National Identification Number on it and use it to process your account at the bank. It is acceptable.

Thanks a lot.
I was only given the Enrolment Transaction Slip which has only the Tracking ID on it.
I could remember when I wanted to modify some details in my BVN, I was told to bring the National ID, but since I don't have it yet, I took the Enrolment Transaction Slip to the bank and it was rejected.
Re: Nairalanders, Please Rescue Me From GTBANK!!! by iamtiredoflife: 1:12pm On Jan 07, 2017
Gliding:
Go to the bank with your national I'D registration slip and explain to them. Request that the funds be sent back to your parents, if there is no headway. They can then send it to another account

Wow
Thanks a lot

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders, Please Rescue Me From GTBANK!!! by bigtt76(f): 1:13pm On Jan 07, 2017
Hmmmm are you sure you didn't misplace it? It is the first slip given to you before the tracking slip is issued. In all you get two slips. I would advise you go back to request it.

iamtiredoflife:

Thanks a lot.
I was only given the Enrolment Transaction Slip which has only the Tracking ID on it.
I could remember when I wanted to modify some details in my BVN, I was told to bring the National ID, but since I don't have it yet, I took the Enrolment Transaction Slip to the bank and it was rejected.
Re: Nairalanders, Please Rescue Me From GTBANK!!! by dunkem21(m): 1:14pm On Jan 07, 2017
You opened a lower version of savings account meant for financial inclusion and have certain deposit and withdrawal limits..

..and maybe it is the first time such funds is entering your account..

Then, they need to upgrade your account .. since they didn't use any form of ID in opening the account.

If you have a slip of the registration you did, take it to the Bank, if you don't have, go to the Bank and explain yourself out ..

Tell your mum to keep her receipt well.

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders, Please Rescue Me From GTBANK!!! by iamtiredoflife: 1:15pm On Jan 07, 2017
bigtt76:
Hmmmm are you sure you didn't misplace it? It is the first slip given to you before the tracking slip is issued. In all you get two slips. I would advise you go back to request it.

Thanks so much.
I'll do that very early in Monday
Re: Nairalanders, Please Rescue Me From GTBANK!!! by Nutase: 1:17pm On Jan 07, 2017
No need to panic just go to the bank with your NIN slip and utility bill on Monday and your account will be unblocked.
Re: Nairalanders, Please Rescue Me From GTBANK!!! by iamtiredoflife: 1:19pm On Jan 07, 2017
dunkem21:
You opened a lower version of savings account meant for financial inclusion and have certain deposit and withdrawal limits..

..and maybe it is the first time such funds is entering your account..

If you have a slip of the registration you did, take it to the Bank, if you don't have, go to the Bank and explain yourself out ..

Tell your mum to keep her receipt well.

Thank you very much sir/ma
Re: Nairalanders, Please Rescue Me From GTBANK!!! by iamtiredoflife: 1:22pm On Jan 07, 2017
bigtt76:

Thank you very much

I registered it online & when I presented the barcode to them @ NIMC, they scanned it & everyone of us were given only 1 slip, which is the Enrolment Transaction Slip
Re: Nairalanders, Please Rescue Me From GTBANK!!! by GMBuhari: 1:42pm On Jan 07, 2017
Why didnt your mummy pay directly or online to the schools account once and for all? Almost all Schools have online payment portal, public and private

Your story has w-leg
Re: Nairalanders, Please Rescue Me From GTBANK!!! by bigtt76(f): 2:02pm On Jan 07, 2017
Hmmmm I got two. The temporary slip with the ID after registration.

iamtiredoflife:

Thank you very much

I registered it online & when I presented the barcode to them @ NIMC, they scanned it & everyone of us were given only 1 slip, which is the Enrolment Transaction Slip
Re: Nairalanders, Please Rescue Me From GTBANK!!! by iamtiredoflife: 5:20pm On Jan 07, 2017
Please what year was that?

bigtt76:
Hmmmm I got two. The temporary slip with the ID after registration.

Re: Nairalanders, Please Rescue Me From GTBANK!!! by bigtt76(f): 5:44pm On Jan 07, 2017
April 2014 and got my card the following year.

iamtiredoflife:

Please what year was that?

Re: Nairalanders, Please Rescue Me From GTBANK!!! by iamtiredoflife: 5:54pm On Jan 07, 2017
bigtt76:
April 2014 and got my card the following year.

Thanks a lot, may be they've changed the system recently. Nothwistanding, i'll still go to NIMC to request for the slip NIN.

Thank you very much
Re: Nairalanders, Please Rescue Me From GTBANK!!! by iamtiredoflife: 6:03pm On Jan 07, 2017
temitemi1:
Visit their twitter handle

Thanks a lot.
Re: Nairalanders, Please Rescue Me From GTBANK!!! by bigtt76(f): 6:20pm On Jan 07, 2017
Please do because you were supposed to have been issued with a NIN. That is the most important aspect of the registration.

iamtiredoflife:

Thanks a lot, may be they've changed the system recently. Nothwistanding, i'll still go to NIMC to request for the slip NIN.

Thank you very much

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nairalanders, Please Rescue Me From GTBANK!!! by yusfatedeeprof(m): 7:15pm On Jan 07, 2017
Go to the bank and close your account. It will be done in 48 hours

To collect the nimc yellow slip may take forever sometimes, the white slip is useless
Re: Nairalanders, Please Rescue Me From GTBANK!!! by iamtiredoflife: 8:40pm On Jan 07, 2017
yusfatedeeprof:

To collect the nimc yellow slip may take forever sometimes, the white slip is useless

They'll once told one of my friends that he cannot close a restricted account
Re: Nairalanders, Please Rescue Me From GTBANK!!! by iamtiredoflife: 8:40pm On Jan 07, 2017
yusfatedeeprof:

They'll once told one of my friends that he cannot close a restricted account.
Re: Nairalanders, Please Rescue Me From GTBANK!!! by yusfatedeeprof(m): 8:50pm On Jan 07, 2017
iamtiredoflife:

Not true, tell those customer care pple u want to close your account, u will be asked to write a letter
Let them know you need your money urgently
They will give you your money with interest grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nairalanders, Please Rescue Me From GTBANK!!! by yusfatedeeprof(m): 8:59pm On Jan 07, 2017
iamtiredoflife:

Though you can as well upgrade the account if you are sure to get the nimc yellow slip b4 it's too late
Re: Nairalanders, Please Rescue Me From GTBANK!!! by iamtiredoflife: 9:56pm On Jan 07, 2017
yusfatedeeprof:

Not true, tell those customer care pple u want to close your account, u will be asked to write a letter
Let them know you need your money urgently
They will give you your money with interest grin

Thanks a lot
I'll do that, but on my BVN details, GTBANK also made mistake in spelling my name.

If I close the account, how will I correct the BVN details?
Re: Nairalanders, Please Rescue Me From GTBANK!!! by iamtiredoflife: 9:58pm On Jan 07, 2017
yusfatedeeprof:

Though you can as well upgrade the account if you are sure to get the nimc yellow slip b4 it's too late

Please how lond does it takes for one to get the yellow card, I've registered since December and I was only given the Enrolment Transaction Slip

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders, Please Rescue Me From GTBANK!!! by iamtiredoflife: 11:33pm On Jan 07, 2017
Please I'm still open to further suggestions
Re: Nairalanders, Please Rescue Me From GTBANK!!! by yusfatedeeprof(m): 12:27am On Jan 08, 2017
iamtiredoflife:

Thanks a lot
I'll do that, but on my BVN details, GTBANK also made mistake in spelling my name.

If I close the account, how will I correct the BVN details?
I don't know about that. Buh they will only ask u to write a letter with your account number and bvn number on it that's all. Nothing more
Re: Nairalanders, Please Rescue Me From GTBANK!!! by yusfatedeeprof(m): 12:34am On Jan 08, 2017
iamtiredoflife:

Please how lond does it takes for one to get the yellow card, I've registered since December and I was only given the Enrolment Transaction Slip
They should have told you when to check back for the yellow slip
Go to any nimc office, tell them to help you check if the temporary id (yellow slip) is ready.
Make sure you go with the white slip, it will be used to check if it is ready
Re: Nairalanders, Please Rescue Me From GTBANK!!! by iamtiredoflife: 5:25am On Jan 08, 2017
yusfatedeeprof:

I don't know about that. Buh they will only ask u to write a letter with your account number and bvn number on it that's all. Nothing more

Thanks a lot
Re: Nairalanders, Please Rescue Me From GTBANK!!! by iamtiredoflife: 5:25am On Jan 08, 2017
yusfatedeeprof:

They should have told you when to check back for the yellow slip
Go to any nimc office, tell them to help you check if the temporary id (yellow slip) is ready.
Make sure you go with the white slip, it will be used to check if it is ready

Thanks a lot

(1) (Reply)

Advice On Bitcoin Wallet / T / How This Man Made $290,000 Selling Books On Amazon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.