Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,316 members, 7,808,064 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:22 AM

Photo Of A University Graduate Selling Moimoi (pic) - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Photo Of A University Graduate Selling Moimoi (pic) (38211 Views)

Folorunsho Alakija: Without A University Degree, I Became A Billionaire / Karakata Empowers Graduate Selling Locust Bean (iru) / An Educated Moimoi Hawker, Uzoigwe Nwamaka AKA Mama Unizik (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photo Of A University Graduate Selling Moimoi (pic) by IBILEmayweather(m): 4:41pm On Jan 08, 2017
Dongreat:

Do you know that Bill Gates had a higher score in his SAT exams? Do you know mark was on a scholarship in "Harvard university" when he first formed Facebook but was used by his club mates before dropping out to make it big by the help of an entrepreneur? Do you think a dull man will be capable of establishing MICROSOFT which is ranked the highest selling software more than IOS by Apple? Do you think a dull man can control and program Facebook which has more than 1 billion users? Do you know that mark can speak "Chinese mandarins" fluently, which has been known to be the hardest language to learn.

The top dogs in the world are all brilliant people. The best performing leaders, social activist, freedom fighters, are all brilliant dudes. Don't think wrongly because you are preside by a man without an SSCE certificate. Quality Education takes you places and even the illiterate billionaires fear a poor educated man.
Re: Photo Of A University Graduate Selling Moimoi (pic) by shumuel(m): 4:54pm On Jan 08, 2017
Rinsola32:

solid3
post=52638886:

This is where I buy moi moi from. Still
got one in my fridge.
This is wuse market Abuja.
Buy 3 for 5h, eat one and keep the
remaining in the fridge.
Life of a bachelor.
Tired of the status though.

Can I have the one in your fridge? grin

God has answered your prayers @Solid3, if you like dull yourself, better ask her to come have it, the fridge, the key to your place and even include your surname with it grin wink

1 Like

Re: Photo Of A University Graduate Selling Moimoi (pic) by juxtabayano(m): 5:00pm On Jan 08, 2017
LifeofAirforce1:
Selling moi moi by a graduate now a big deal

what's so special in been a graduate if i may ask?

The reason why Nigeria is so fuckedup s because we've placed so much emphasis on education

mumu country.

Bill gate, mark zuckerberg of this world didn't see the four walls of university but look where they are today.

Only in Nigeria our so called graduates who can't even spell out their own name correctly get juicy jobs while the ones with brain are left with no choice than go abroad to look for greener pasture.

Emphasis on University Certificates not Education. The people you mentioned are well educated.

1 Like

Re: Photo Of A University Graduate Selling Moimoi (pic) by WiseFool2(m): 5:05pm On Jan 08, 2017
frosbel2:

I smell jealousy !
Use this!

Re: Photo Of A University Graduate Selling Moimoi (pic) by psalmsjob: 5:06pm On Jan 08, 2017
LifeofAirforce1:

The reason why Nigeria is so fuckedup s because we've placed so much emphasis on education

mumu country.

Bill gate, mark zuckerberg of this world didn't see the four walls of university but look where they are today.

Only in Nigeria our so called graduates who can't even spell out their own name correctly get juicy jobs while the ones with brain are left with no choice than go abroad to look for greener pasture.

You're just on point.
Re: Photo Of A University Graduate Selling Moimoi (pic) by sircrabo: 5:08pm On Jan 08, 2017

1 Like

Re: Photo Of A University Graduate Selling Moimoi (pic) by Rinsola32(f): 5:17pm On Jan 08, 2017
shumuel:

God has answered your prayers @Solid3, if you like dull yourself, better ask her to come have it, the fridge, the key to your place and even include your surname with it grin wink

Sir Shumuel, This really made me laugh out loud. Even the fridge? grin grin

solid3, where are you? And are you ready to part with your moin moin prepared by a graduate grin, your fridge ( extended bachelors kitchen), your house key kiss and above all, your surname grin?
Re: Photo Of A University Graduate Selling Moimoi (pic) by Tidamsel: 5:27pm On Jan 08, 2017
Abi na, any aw man must survive
Re: Photo Of A University Graduate Selling Moimoi (pic) by shumuel(m): 5:33pm On Jan 08, 2017
Rinsola32:

Sir Shu'muel, This really made me laugh out loud. Even the fridge? grin grin

Now I'm waiting for solid3 kiss

kikiki Lol grin thats my own way of telling him to give you his all, Solid3 don't keep a lady waiting grin
Re: Photo Of A University Graduate Selling Moimoi (pic) by Rinsola32(f): 5:36pm On Jan 08, 2017
shumuel:

kikiki Lol grin thats my own way of telling him to give you his all, Solid3 don't keep a lady waiting grin

I have written a letter to him asking him some questions . He shouldn't keep a lady waiting truly. **blushing here** grin
Re: Photo Of A University Graduate Selling Moimoi (pic) by sircrabo: 5:50pm On Jan 08, 2017
There's nothing wrong with a graduate selling Moi Moi. We go to school to be useful to ourself and our community.

Education opens up the mind and makes one do things differently. That's why we prefer KFC to the buka down the road. Same reason bet9ja is doing better than baba ijebu now. Even though they offer same service, one is run by educated individuals and the difference is clear.

No matter what you want to do, PLS take your education seriously. Failure is not an excuse. Also, consistency and focus pays in whatever field you find yourself

I started an e-commerce business with 25K and by the end of 2016 I had up to 350K left after all expenses. I've hit a 150K/month income and I intend expanding this year by Gods grace.

1 Like

Re: Photo Of A University Graduate Selling Moimoi (pic) by shumuel(m): 5:52pm On Jan 08, 2017
Rinsola32:

I have written a letter to him asking him some questions . He shouldn't keep a lady waiting truly. **blushing here**

grin

kikiki Lol grin @bolded, you don't mean it,, he better make the right decision, fast!

What is he still looking for grin
Re: Photo Of A University Graduate Selling Moimoi (pic) by niyi123: 5:54pm On Jan 08, 2017
veeceesynergy:
I will always support pple dat don't believe in working for someone for salary gains.
The so-called juicy jobs are not really juicy if not for corrupt practices.
If u are paid 300k per month, u think u are earning a lot, multiply dat by 12months, dats 3.6m per annum.
If dis young lady makes 15k profit, sells for 6days in a wk, she'll make a profit of over 3.2m, moreover d profit can never be static, so she could make more dan 15k per day on expansion, bt u a salary earner will remain @ 300k for d rest of the year working as a slave to another.

The pple I pity most are d nasty bankers dat always pose @ d back of official cars forming wat I don'

Let's learn how to be employers of labour.

I am very sure you into GNLD, that how you people reasons despite being in advance slavery

1 Like

Re: Photo Of A University Graduate Selling Moimoi (pic) by Sirwallace(m): 6:05pm On Jan 08, 2017
Dongreat:

Do you know that Bill Gates had a higher score in his SAT exams? Do you know mark was on a scholarship in "Harvard university" when he first formed Facebook but was used by his club mates before dropping out to make it big by the help of an entrepreneur? Do you think a dull man will be capable of establishing MICROSOFT which is ranked the highest selling software more than IOS by Apple? Do you think a dull man can control and program Facebook which has more than 1 billion users? Do you know that mark can speak "Chinese mandarins" fluently, which has been known to be the hardest language to learn.

The top dogs in the world are all brilliant people. The best performing leaders, social activist, freedom fighters, are all brilliant dudes. Don't think wrongly because you are preside by a man without an SSCE certificate. Quality Education takes you places and even the illiterate billionaires fear a poor educated man.
without any addition or mincing world, you have said it all. you reason with the so called illiterate on certain issue and you realise how shallow they are in their own establishment.

2 Likes

Re: Photo Of A University Graduate Selling Moimoi (pic) by Sirwallace(m): 6:15pm On Jan 08, 2017
sekem:

There's nothing like in saner climes.

Your certificate is nothing but a decorated coloured piece of paper.

Anybody can get that.

But what really matters is your knowledge, skills & experience and how to apply them to solve people's problems.

That's where you'll agree with me so many of you so called Nigerians graduates are seriously and shamefully lacking.
sir, I presumed you don't value education, never get education and not intending to educate your wards. anybody can venture into any business like the young lady in question, but the outcome from a learned graduate will surely outweigh that of an illiterate. never rule out getting education, its good if you can afford but don't criticize those getting it because you don't value it. if education is expensive, try ignorance.

1 Like

Re: Photo Of A University Graduate Selling Moimoi (pic) by Sirwallace(m): 6:24pm On Jan 08, 2017
another way I see this after going through people's comment is that, the elites have successfully made us believe getting certificate meant nothing to our future dream of getting that dream job which is not actually available.
years back, people disregard tertiary education because they see it as waste of time because the quality of secondary education was enough to cater for yourself. that was years ago. I wish my parent didn't follow that trend but unfortunately they did. those who went further are open to the past present opportunities that comes with both in public and private sector. now the bar has been raised, first degree is equivalent to the SSCE of those days because it looks like everyone has it. not everyone got business in going to school, but those that does genuinely don't deserve the condemnation from people who are not privilege.

my two cents.
Re: Photo Of A University Graduate Selling Moimoi (pic) by guiddoti: 6:30pm On Jan 08, 2017
LifeofAirforce1:

mumu country.

The whites, you guys praise, who are educated won't come so low in McDonald's. Though, I get your point.

Take back Nigerian high schools for American high schools, or vice versa. Bill gate won't be mentioned in your diary.
The society strive for their achievements, bro.
Re: Photo Of A University Graduate Selling Moimoi (pic) by Unclerukus: 6:46pm On Jan 08, 2017
veeceesynergy:
I will always support pple dat don't believe in working for someone for salary gains.
The so-called juicy jobs are not really juicy if not for corrupt practices.
If u are paid 300k per month, u think u are earning a lot, multiply dat by 12months, dats 3.6m per annum.
If dis young lady makes 15k profit, sells for 6days in a wk, she'll make a profit of over 3.2m, moreover d profit can never be static, so she could make more dan 15k per day on expansion, bt u a salary earner will remain @ 300k for d rest of the year working as a slave to another.
The pple I pity most are d nasty bankers dat always pose @ d back of official cars forming wat I don't Knw.

Let's learn how to be employers of labour.
Everybody talking about business like they own one. it's easy when you haven't been involved in one. You just calculated profits without thinking about cost of production, operations and other things like transportation of her goods, levies to be paid ,etc. Do you know their are so many businesses that don't even break even in Nigeria. I don't like the idea of working under somebody but business in Nigeria is hell except you have incredibly strong capital base.

1 Like

Re: Photo Of A University Graduate Selling Moimoi (pic) by Unclerukus: 6:52pm On Jan 08, 2017
LifeofAirforce1:

mumu country.

"Bill gate, Mark zuckerberg of this world didn't see the four walls of university but look where they are today". Mister, they both went to havard but had to drop out because they believed in their dream. please kindly do some research about the guys in Forbes. Don't live a pipedream, education is essentially important, even Dangote had to go to school after making his money.

1 Like

Re: Photo Of A University Graduate Selling Moimoi (pic) by kabrud: 7:10pm On Jan 08, 2017
juxtabayano:

Emphasis on University Certificates not Education. The people you mentioned are well educated.

Very correct bro. I took my time reading through all the comments and it is quite apparent that 99% of our graduates don't know the difference between a certificate and education, and that explains our present situation (millions of 'graduates', yet one can't get even 100k graduates). Some are even saying Mark and Gates are not educated. Bro, even an illiterate farmer is educated in his own way.

2 Likes

Re: Photo Of A University Graduate Selling Moimoi (pic) by encryptjay(m): 7:43pm On Jan 08, 2017
Some lads will just emanate from romance section and start uttering gibberish. How can you say Bill Gates and Mark Zuckerberg didn't see the four walls of university?
We keep comparing university certificate with being really educated.
In this country, we just have pride and think we must get white collar job when we get that certificate.
It all boils down to packaging; she could expand it and make herself stand out.
Re: Photo Of A University Graduate Selling Moimoi (pic) by Nobody: 7:48pm On Jan 08, 2017
Dongreat:

E

ven the illiterate billionaires fear a poor educated man.
that was then bro.
Re: Photo Of A University Graduate Selling Moimoi (pic) by sekem: 8:08pm On Jan 08, 2017
Sirwallace:

sir, I presumed you don't value education, never get education and not intending to educate your wards. anybody can venture into any business like the young lady in question, but the outcome from a learned graduate will surely outweigh that of an illiterate. never rule out getting education, its good if you can afford but don't criticize those getting it because you don't value it. if education is expensive, try ignorance.

Actually, on the contrary, I value education so much... but not the type of education you guys are mindlessly pursuing in most Nigerian tertiary institutions.

You guys are so bent on acquiring that important certificate at the expense of getting the real education which is supposed to make you think and effect positive and productive changes in so many areas of your lives.

Just tell me the truth, how many electrical engineers do you think we are graduating from our various institutions every year?

But yet, since you were born, I'm sure you are well aware that Nigeria has always faced the problems of erratic power supply.

So, what does that tell you?

Why is it so practically impossible for our certified Bachelor of Engineering electrical engineers to put their heads together and figure out a way for us out of this national disgrace of insufficient power supply?

This is exactly what you get out of a failed educational system where acquisition of certificates is much prized over acquiring the real knowledge that focuses more on thinking, creativity and solutions provision.

Fully certified but empty-headed graduates everywhere! angry

And oh by the way, before you think I am dissing you, just be aware that I myself, I am a fully certified Bachelor of Engineering (B.Eng) in... you guessed right... ELECTRICAL engineering!

How ironical? undecided

But the truth is that anytime someone refers to me as an engineer, I die inside because it feels like the person is mocking me. lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: Photo Of A University Graduate Selling Moimoi (pic) by Nobody: 8:15pm On Jan 08, 2017
Joephat:
you go school finish, spend moni for project and Term paper, come come house go carry moi-moi dey sell....
if you had known that your dream is to sell moi-moi, why waste all that money in school?

ppl dey bring course upon themselves shaa
nothing lik cos.... ..beta change ur mentality

1 Like

Re: Photo Of A University Graduate Selling Moimoi (pic) by stevkc: 8:24pm On Jan 08, 2017
Cry me a river infact an ocean. Shallow minded fellow like you. For the fact you couldn't see the university doesn't mean you should talk trash. Who told you that bill gate and the facebook guy didn't go to university? Just to clear your ignorance, the went to university only that they couldn't complete it

mumu country.

Only in Nigeria our so called graduates who can't even spell out their own name correctly get juicy jobs while the ones with brain are left with no choice than go abroad to look for greener pasture. [/quote]
Re: Photo Of A University Graduate Selling Moimoi (pic) by Sirwallace(m): 9:06pm On Jan 08, 2017
sekem:

Actually, on the contrary, I value education so much... but not the type of education you guys are mindlessly pursuing in most Nigerian tertiary institutions.

You guys are so bent on acquiring that important certificate at the expense of getting the real education which is supposed to make you think and effect positive and productive changes in so many areas of your lives.

Just tell me the truth, how many electrical engineers do you think we are graduating from our various institutions every year?

But yet, since you were born, I'm sure you are well aware that Nigeria has always faced the problems of erratic power supply.

So, what does that tell you?

Why is it so practically impossible for our certified Bachelor of Engineering electrical engineers to put their heads together and figure out a way for us out of this national disgrace of insufficient power supply?

This is exactly what you get out of a failed educational system where acquisition of certificates is much prized over acquiring the real knowledge that focuses more on thinking, creativity and solutions provision.

Fully certified but empty-headed graduates everywhere! angry

And oh by the way, before you think I am dissing you, just be aware that I myself, I am a fully certified Bachelor of Engineering (B.Eng) in... you guessed right... ELECTRICAL engineering!

How ironical? undecided

But the truth is that anytime someone refers to me as an engineer, I die inside because it feels like the person is mocking me. lipsrsealed
I completely agree with you that our education system is outdated, crappy and crippled. but you realized bagging a B.eng in electrical engineering doesn't make you a practice engineer with COREN & NSE to deal with.

secondly, you of all people knows Nigeria power sector has been sabotage both by the govt and the Niger delta region. so bringing the best of the best engineers from China or Russia is not gonna solve our problem in that sector simply because a lot of politics is attached to that.

finally, our situation can only get better and not the otherwise if all stakeholders put in a positive feedback not the condemnation from all angles I see here.
Re: Photo Of A University Graduate Selling Moimoi (pic) by solid3(m): 10:28pm On Jan 08, 2017
shumuel:

I was away at a friends birthday parry.
Re: Photo Of A University Graduate Selling Moimoi (pic) by solid3(m): 10:31pm On Jan 08, 2017
Rinsola32:

Sir Shumuel, This really made me laugh out loud. Even the fridge? grin grin

solid3, where are you? And are you ready to part with your moin moin prepared by a graduate grin, your fridge ( extended bachelors kitchen), your house key kiss and above all, your surname grin?

Wow. So a whole lot has been happening here. The moi moi is here o. When are you coming for it?
Re: Photo Of A University Graduate Selling Moimoi (pic) by Odani: 3:30am On Jan 09, 2017
LifeofAirforce1:

mumu country.

Oga don't be misleading the people get ur facts right. Mark did not only go to a university he went to d best of them, he is a havard graduate and in fact he and his friends launched Facebook while at havard.
Bill gate on d other hand is a havard drop out not that he didn't see d four walls of a university. Their autobiography is everywhere pls do us all a favour pick one and read it.
Education is still key whether we like it or not. The greatest engineers and inventors of all times are all educated. We are back ward in Africa because of 2 things
1. Broken educational systems
2. Corruption .
So yes it's a big deal a graduate would have to sell moi moi from table to survive. With her education and cooking skills she shud be assisted and given a loan by d bank to run a restaurant or fast food outlet
Re: Photo Of A University Graduate Selling Moimoi (pic) by Nobody: 4:52am On Jan 09, 2017
Dongreat:

The top dogs in the world are all brilliant people. The best performing leaders, social activist, freedom fighters, are all brilliant dudes. Don't think wrongly because you are presided by a man without an SSCE certificate. Quality Education takes you places and even the illiterate billionaires fear a poor educated man.
Stop. Schooling is OK. But as evedent by both marks ,this woman,Bill Gates it IS NOT the ONlY way undecided
http://www.forbes.com/sites/worldviews/2011/09/23/forbes-400-the-self-made-billionaire-entrepreneurs-who-said-no-to-college/#32bbdc28f77e

No illiterate bill on are fears a Poor college grad undecided
because with his secondary education he has obtained his wealth

More people get degrees and do nothing with them and assume mountains of debt than become the CEO of the next big software company

40% of US college grads don't even use their degrees
http://www.mlive.com/jobs/index.ssf/2011/05/40_percent_of_college_grads_end_up_settl.html

Furthermore a college degree doesn't necessarily mean brilliance but that u paid attention during lectures undecided all human being have the ability 2 learn
Just because u choose 2 learn some extended subjects it does not make u superior

Little know how is required 2 make big things if any is needed at all

Re: Photo Of A University Graduate Selling Moimoi (pic) by Rinsola32(f): 5:14am On Jan 09, 2017
solid3:

Wow. So a whole lot has been happening here. The moi moi is here o. When are you coming for it?

You kept me waiting. Be a gentleman and say sorry now grin

let's fix a date you will be available or are you gonna leave the house key for me? A nearer date is better as I won't want to eat a sour moin moin o.

Hope you enjoyed the birthday party?

@shumuel, are you interested in following me or I should just go alone?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Access Bank Denies Sacking 75% Of Workforce, Closing Branches / 103 Nigerian Products Rejected Abroad –FG / From Lagos To Igbo Land: My Business Move

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.