Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,474 members, 7,808,719 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:56 PM

Sokoto Govt Disbands Hisbah Commission - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sokoto Govt Disbands Hisbah Commission (23871 Views)

Saraki Disbands President Buhari's Support Group In Senate.. / FG Disbands Arms Probe Panel / Hisbah Seizes Musical Instruments Used During Gov Tambuwal Daughter's Wedding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sokoto Govt Disbands Hisbah Commission by Akpan107(m): 12:40pm On Jan 08, 2017
K
Re: Sokoto Govt Disbands Hisbah Commission by stainlink(m): 12:41pm On Jan 08, 2017
Great step. I must commend this government for this step. Hisbah are just bunch of hooligans disturbing the community. Or in most cases in other not to make a generalization

1 Like

Re: Sokoto Govt Disbands Hisbah Commission by yedidiah(m): 12:42pm On Jan 08, 2017
Hisbah feeling like they are the law; forgetting that it was the state government that set them up. It remains that of Kano state.

It is high time we take everything religion from the Constitution so that everybody, everywhere in Nigeria is bounded by the same law and receives the same punishment for the same crime as stipulated by the Supreme Law of the land. No more regional or sectional laws.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sokoto Govt Disbands Hisbah Commission by greatjoey: 12:43pm On Jan 08, 2017
One thing about law, Sharia law inclusive, they are meant to regulate and check the poor masses and not the affluents. This disbandment came on the heels of the seizure of the musical instrument used in the prewedding programme of the governor's daughter.The sharia law is despotic, medievalistic, archaic, and useless as the religion itself.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sokoto Govt Disbands Hisbah Commission by Seun4FastLoans(f): 12:43pm On Jan 08, 2017
Okay
Re: Sokoto Govt Disbands Hisbah Commission by repogirl(f): 12:44pm On Jan 08, 2017
They were obviously disbanded because of the embarrassment they caused the governor at his daughters wedding. Lol.

So the governor is above the Hisbah group that they set up for the lowly people abi? Hypocrites!!

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sokoto Govt Disbands Hisbah Commission by iamawara(m): 12:46pm On Jan 08, 2017
mengho:
Are you it has nothing to do with the wedding saga..... lipsrsealed

That was totally embarrassing grin

It is my brother. The Hon commissioner don't like all activities of the hisbah commission, the commissioner is corrupt, he rather support Hisbah Association which is the first Hisbah group in the state. Hisbah commission and Hisbah association are two different rival groups which they believe can not operate in same state..

But they used this excuse to suspend them which me and u all know the suspension came as a result of the wedding saga

2 Likes

Re: Sokoto Govt Disbands Hisbah Commission by psalmsjob: 12:48pm On Jan 08, 2017
The proponents of they want to islamatise Nigeria will not come here to read this and if they do come it is to condemn the state government action.

How traumatised can some people be? I just wonder.
Re: Sokoto Govt Disbands Hisbah Commission by lekkie073(m): 12:49pm On Jan 08, 2017
So If dem no sieze the musical instruments during d wedding, d guvnor no go disband dem?.

Yeye dey smell

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sokoto Govt Disbands Hisbah Commission by PHIPEX(m): 12:52pm On Jan 08, 2017
This is the hypocrisy in our country, because they embarrassed you at your daughter's wedding you are disbanding them.

Many poor people must have cried for long over these people but Mr Gov went deaf on their case.

The day Sharia law will be totally eradicated in Nigeria is the day the hand of the child of a govt official is amputated. I know like the case of this overzealous group, God will push one of those Sharia courts to step on a big fat toe.

5 Likes

Re: Sokoto Govt Disbands Hisbah Commission by lielbree: 12:57pm On Jan 08, 2017
For the sake of progress

1 Like

Re: Sokoto Govt Disbands Hisbah Commission by BabaRamota1980: 1:02pm On Jan 08, 2017
Can that poor dj go and get his instrument back, now that hisbah has been declawed?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sokoto Govt Disbands Hisbah Commission by Nobody: 1:03pm On Jan 08, 2017
e remain small

Re: Sokoto Govt Disbands Hisbah Commission by ChessEnthusiast: 1:11pm On Jan 08, 2017
Jengem:
Certain religions need to be disbanded entirely for peace to reign
Islam precisely.
Religion of piss
Re: Sokoto Govt Disbands Hisbah Commission by bidexolumanish(m): 1:12pm On Jan 08, 2017
Re: Sokoto Govt Disbands Hisbah Commission by faaz24: 1:21pm On Jan 08, 2017
buoye1:
Lol... Them don climb tree pass the leaf
grin grin
Wonti gun igi rekoja ewe !

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sokoto Govt Disbands Hisbah Commission by Nobody: 1:22pm On Jan 08, 2017
worlexy:
The law can only punish the poor. Imagine just for daring to seize the drums used in Tambuwal's daughter's wedding, Hisbah has been disbanded. Imagine the number of poor people that have suffered in the hands of those hypocrites before now
certain rules are meant to be obeyed by the poor, imagine,we have also seen thay certain dress codes and wedding patterns are made for the poor too

2 Likes

Re: Sokoto Govt Disbands Hisbah Commission by nnokwa042(m): 1:37pm On Jan 08, 2017
mengho:
Are you it has nothing to do with the wedding saga..... lipsrsealed

That was totally embarrassing grin
young man modify ur post
Re: Sokoto Govt Disbands Hisbah Commission by suyamasta(m): 1:37pm On Jan 08, 2017
Every right thinking governor in the North should do this now!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sokoto Govt Disbands Hisbah Commission by esthel(f): 1:39pm On Jan 08, 2017
A welcome development...breath of fresh air..kano next

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sokoto Govt Disbands Hisbah Commission by MrAboki: 1:43pm On Jan 08, 2017
This foolish Governor is trying to Christianize Sokoto. angry angry

We must resist this move vehemently.

The Hisbah are there to make sure every body in the state live their lives in accordance with the will of the almighty Allah.. angry
Re: Sokoto Govt Disbands Hisbah Commission by Noblesoul123: 1:46pm On Jan 08, 2017
allcomage:
IT WAS OBASANJO THAT ALLOWED THAT NONSENSE TO FESTER.I THOUGHT HE WOULD'VE FLOODED ZAMFARA STATE WITH POLICE AND ARMY TO STOP THE CANCER YERIMA AND CO INTRODUCED IN THE NORTH.

More like Yerima and his fellow paedophiles
Re: Sokoto Govt Disbands Hisbah Commission by Joel3(m): 1:48pm On Jan 08, 2017
I think the Muslim community is a mole and hellbent in holding us back. they are holding us against development and civilization.

can't we just go apart

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sokoto Govt Disbands Hisbah Commission by Ododoeye0020(m): 1:59pm On Jan 08, 2017
I knew the Governor Will Fire Back At The Commissions
Re: Sokoto Govt Disbands Hisbah Commission by Blue3k(m): 2:05pm On Jan 08, 2017
I love when comment section roaat the politicans in one voice. We see the class struggle.
Re: Sokoto Govt Disbands Hisbah Commission by Ugosample(m): 2:33pm On Jan 08, 2017
Nasman:
Bloody lie. If it not on Daily trust or other Northern newspaper. I don't believe it. And plus, Tambuwal can't dare do that. This is a state where the Sultan is staying. The Ulama council are very powerful. If you say the head of Hisbah has been removed, then I may believe. But definitely not disbanding Hisbah in Sokoto State. How can Sharia Law be operated without it enforcement agency?
No Hisbah Agency no reelection for you as simple as that. You are from a part of Nigeria where Religious Conservative form the majority in the voting block.

If the Sultan is staying in the state, so what?

The earlier you guys divorce religion from politics, the better for you people.
Re: Sokoto Govt Disbands Hisbah Commission by baby124: 3:03pm On Jan 08, 2017
MrAboki:
This foolish Governor is trying to Christianize Sokoto. angry angry

We must resist this move vehemently.

The Hisbah are there to make sure every body in the state live their lives in accordance with the will of the almighty Allah.. angry

I have a question. Does Allah give free will?
Re: Sokoto Govt Disbands Hisbah Commission by miqos02(m): 3:05pm On Jan 08, 2017
The governor is angry
Re: Sokoto Govt Disbands Hisbah Commission by worlexy(m): 3:14pm On Jan 08, 2017
2dugged:
certain rules are meant to be obeyed by the poor, imagine,we have also seen thay certain dress codes and wedding patterns are made for the poor too
yeah have you ever seen Aisha or zahra or any of those northern elites women to dress like masquerade like they want the poor to dress in the name of religion?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Stolen Assets: Buhari Makes U-turn, Says Information Ministry “ll Publish Names / Jimoh Ibrahim Heads To Supreme court / Plateau Killings: External, Internal Forces Against Nigeria - COAS, Buratai Says

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.