Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:03 AM

My Body Has Been Behaving Strange. I'm In Need Of Urgent Advice - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / My Body Has Been Behaving Strange. I'm In Need Of Urgent Advice (808 Views)

Help! Movement Of Objects All Over My Body / Help Guys My Body Has Been Trembling For Weeks Now / Man Who Took Tramadol In Lagos Tied Up While Behaving Strangely (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Body Has Been Behaving Strange. I'm In Need Of Urgent Advice by Tunchi101(m): 2:29pm On Jan 08, 2017
First, I would really appreciate if there is someone out there with medical experience that can help with the experience I'm about to share.
Part 1
Let me give a brief explanation of the type of being I am. From birth, I've never eaten cake of whatsoever kind. I react to it by having really itching lips and I also throw up instantaneously. I also don't eat eggs(boiled or fried) because I also react to it by throwing up; however when I was about 9 years old, my dad forced me to eat fried egg. I vomitted more than 10 times that day but eventually I started eating it. He tried the same for boiled egg but by system just refused it. I am not really happy about this cause my friends make fun of me. Even me myself can't picture what it would be like on my wedding day when me and my wife are to feed ourselves cake.
Part 2
From birth, one of my favourite food is amala( black or white). I love this food with every fibre of my being. I have also loved Turkey. Strangely, when I was in my third year in University, something very odd happened when I ordered Amala. 30 minuites after feasting on it, I could suddenly not breath the way a person should. Initially taught it was a funny kind of cold, so I went to get tom tom. Took about 9 of it but all to no avail, instead, my breathing got worst! I had to rush down to the clinic. By the time I was at the clinic, I was struggling to breath with my mouth. For the first time in my life in 20 years, I used an inhaler. Strangely, I felt better almost instantaneously.

I was indeed baffeled , so I decided to stay away from black amala for a while. After a while, I decided to go with ilafun (white amala), I swear, the same thing happened sad. I decided to let go of amala.

We had a dinner night at school and food was in abundance and OMG, the turkeys on the food were looking like they would require super man to lift em cheesy . Me being a: typically African feasted on the on the turkey to the bone marrow. 20 minutes later, it was like I was being choked! I was almost crying that day, not because of my inability to breath but because I knew I probably wouldn't be eating turkey again. I tried taking turkey after some weeks again but the same thing happened.

It was almost unbelievable when I started reacting to dust like I now react to Amala. I went to a military secondary school and dust never affected me in anyway.

Part 3
For those who knows this drug 'ibucap', I'm sure they know its very effective. I personally can testify to it but anytime I take the drug,my eyes would swell up like two overblown basket balls has been stuck in them. I stopped using the drug, however for a few years now, anytime I am ill, my eye balls swells up.

I was really devastated by all this unusually experience especailly because I knew if they continued, they might affect my future plans. I decided to see my university clinic matron and what she told me that day almost tore me from the inside out. She said 'people that were born asthmatic still had hope of being cured later in life but there was no hope at all for me since I'm displaying the symptoms in my 20's.

NAIRALANDERS!
I am really worried and I don't have enough to go to a standard medical hospital for a full checkup but I would really appreciate your advice on any of the above issues . Thanks and God Bless!

Lalasticlala
Re: My Body Has Been Behaving Strange. I'm In Need Of Urgent Advice by madridguy(m): 2:36pm On Jan 08, 2017
@ OP, do you know Sacred Heart Hospital, Lantoro Abeokuta? Try them please.
Re: My Body Has Been Behaving Strange. I'm In Need Of Urgent Advice by gidimasters(m): 2:47pm On Jan 08, 2017
K
Re: My Body Has Been Behaving Strange. I'm In Need Of Urgent Advice by Nobody: 3:04pm On Jan 08, 2017
You've never even googled? undecided

The difficulty in breathing is called anaphylaxis. It's a hyper-allergic reaction. Those foods you mentioned are notorious allergens. Keep off them!

There are many online communities of people suffering from allergies. It's manageable without medicines.

Check this thread. . And make use of Google before you kill yourself for lack of knowledge angry

https://www.nairaland.com/3212635/allergy-information
Re: My Body Has Been Behaving Strange. I'm In Need Of Urgent Advice by Tunchi101(m): 3:39pm On Jan 08, 2017
Muafrika2:
You've never even googled? undecided

Check this thread. . And make use of Google before you kill yourself for lack of knowledge angry

https://www.nairaland.com/3212635/allergy-information

broad, ur contribution was much appreciated but u didn't have to be rude about it. if I had found my answers online, I won't post this on here
Re: My Body Has Been Behaving Strange. I'm In Need Of Urgent Advice by Nobody: 3:43pm On Jan 08, 2017
Tunchi101:

broad, ur contribution was much appreciated but u didn't have to be rude about it. if I have found my answers online, I won't post this on here
undecided undecided
Re: My Body Has Been Behaving Strange. I'm In Need Of Urgent Advice by PRISTINEMUSCLES: 8:19pm On Jan 08, 2017
Those foods you are reacting to are allergens, trigering some hyper-sensitivity reactions. I think you are still going to encounter more food allergens asides the ones you listed.
Do fish,beef,chicken or seafoods trigger this reaction?
Your system is very sensitive and you should really watch what goes into your system. Please see a doctor for proper diagnosis and corresponding treatments.
Re: My Body Has Been Behaving Strange. I'm In Need Of Urgent Advice by Tunchi101(m): 12:58am On Jan 09, 2017
PRISTINEMUSCLES:
Those foods you are reacting to are allergens, trigering some hyper-sensitivity reactions. I think you are still going to encounter more food allergens asides the ones you listed.
Do fish,beef,chicken or seafoods trigger this reaction?
Your system is very sensitive and you should really watch what goes into your system. Please see a doctor for proper diagnosis and corresponding treatments.
no I dont react to what u listed n I hope I don't. thanks anyways
but how do u knew I might react to some oda food later on?

(1) (Reply)

9 Health Benefits Of Drinking Lemon Water / G / Cancer Dies When You Eat These 7 Foods, You Should Start Eating Them Immediately

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.