Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,333 members, 7,780,873 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:30 AM

My Girlfriend Is Asthmatic, Am In Love With Her. What Should I Do? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Girlfriend Is Asthmatic, Am In Love With Her. What Should I Do? (4357 Views)

"Came To Nigeria To Wed My Fiancee But Indonesian Girlfriend Is Pregnant" - Guy / Man's Girlfriend Is Cheating On Him With His Dry Cleaner / My Girlfriend Is A Sex Addict (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Girlfriend Is Asthmatic, Am In Love With Her. What Should I Do? by gbaskiboy: 10:20pm On Jan 08, 2017
Good evening Nairaland friends. Trust you all have a splendid weekend. I have issues going through my mind and I have been having nightmares.
This is the problem:
I met a lady early last year, we both fell in Love and I have agreed to walk her down the aisle as soon as pepper rest(money) grin. But the problem with her is that she's Asthmatic(not a chronic type) and she told the first time we met. I called my uncle recently to discuss my relationship status with the lady and he asked me if I noticed anything in her. I told him plainly that the lady is asthmatic but not a chronic type. My uncle relates all the sermon on the earth to dissuade me from going ahead with the lady and he was so serious. Am scare of how to tell this young innocent lady about my uncle stand, I've grown lean. Please I need advises on what to do? Has anyone been in this kind of situation? What should I do? Please I need help from here...........

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Girlfriend Is Asthmatic, Am In Love With Her. What Should I Do? by Ten12(m): 10:23pm On Jan 08, 2017
Kontinu wit her abi who u wan leave am for

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Girlfriend Is Asthmatic, Am In Love With Her. What Should I Do? by dingbang(m): 10:24pm On Jan 08, 2017
The uncle knows,better...
Re: My Girlfriend Is Asthmatic, Am In Love With Her. What Should I Do? by Nobody: 10:24pm On Jan 08, 2017
Choke her
Re: My Girlfriend Is Asthmatic, Am In Love With Her. What Should I Do? by Nobody: 10:24pm On Jan 08, 2017
... I have been.

Fortuantely, I come from a family of enlightened people.

When my then girlfriend told me she was asthmatic(not chronic too)...I was not deterred because her asthma status paled away in comparison to her tons of good attributes; when my family learnt of this, they schooled me on asthma explaining it could be managed effectively.

Well..

We got married in 2015, and she's had a mild bout only once and it was managed well now she is free....hers is emotionally triggered.

Asthma is no barrier if there is love and the will to be a supportive partner.

Good luck

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Girlfriend Is Asthmatic, Am In Love With Her. What Should I Do? by 2SWT(f): 10:25pm On Jan 08, 2017
It's your life, nobody can live it for you.

If you think you love her continue your relationship after all it's not chronic and can be managed easily.

The fact that she's asthmatic it's not her fault

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Girlfriend Is Asthmatic, Am In Love With Her. What Should I Do? by Twaci(f): 10:26pm On Jan 08, 2017
Sometimes the answers you seek are right before you, only if you turn the tables...

Say you've got asthma and your girl finds out...

...is that a justified reason not to accept your marriage proposal?

Damn the world and their beliefs, it's just you two, your world, not ours. So our advice shouldn't even count.

Make her your woman (if you truly love her) and support her through her problems.

In sickness and in health they say...and to think she's not even a chronic asthmaticundecided

5 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Is Asthmatic, Am In Love With Her. What Should I Do? by littlewonders: 10:27pm On Jan 08, 2017
There's nothing bad. But personally I'll would have left the very first day i knew(my love get medical eye) cos I won't have such energy to manage it.

There's this seraphic lady I one time opted to settle down with, tho the relationship was on a nursery stage, I somehow found my way into her fear, telling me she had ulcer, suffering from asthma, with minimal bladder dysfunction. I smiled and pretended like it was nothing afterall, is a common thing ( within me, i was kind of discouraged already).

Ever since then, whenever I imagine sex with her in the picture, my cassave shrinks. I started avoiding her o... Marriage na future program while wedding na present tense. So am trying to avoid future complications which we don't pray for.

These days, there're lot of ladies out there, roaming around with complicating issues developed as a result of displaying youth exuberance, some with weak foetus caused from several ab*rtion section.

Marriage truly no easy!

My brother deep down, the answer lies with you.

We won't tell you the taste of campari

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Is Asthmatic, Am In Love With Her. What Should I Do? by JeffreyJamez(m): 10:29pm On Jan 08, 2017
Common asthma undecided
Re: My Girlfriend Is Asthmatic, Am In Love With Her. What Should I Do? by gbaskiboy: 10:29pm On Jan 08, 2017
Twaci:
Sometimes the answers you seek are right before you, only if you turn the tables...

Damn the world and their beliefs, it's just you two, your world, not ours. So our advice shouldn't even count.

Make her your woman (if you truly love her) and support her through her problems.

In sickness and in health they say...and to think she's not even a chronic asthmaticundecided
Thanks appreciate

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Is Asthmatic, Am In Love With Her. What Should I Do? by Twaci(f): 10:30pm On Jan 08, 2017
gbaskiboy:
Thanks appreciate
You are welcomesmiley
Re: My Girlfriend Is Asthmatic, Am In Love With Her. What Should I Do? by mymadam(m): 10:31pm On Jan 08, 2017
It appears that you don't really love her. Is Asthma contagious? Can't it be managed? If you're mature enough, your uncle's rant is more of his personal opinion than a well-informed advice, IMHO. If you love her, marry her... period. If you miss her, after telling you the truth the first time out, you'll probably run into a lady who won't even tell you she's HIV positive. Karma at work! Good luck buddy undecided

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Is Asthmatic, Am In Love With Her. What Should I Do? by Twaci(f): 10:31pm On Jan 08, 2017
PabloOmoEscobar:
Choke her
undecided
Re: My Girlfriend Is Asthmatic, Am In Love With Her. What Should I Do? by Nobody: 10:32pm On Jan 08, 2017

One question, Are you the one marrying the lady or your uncle? undecided

'Coz i don't get what the fuss is about. if you really love this chick, You'd set aside all her shortcoming/flaws and love her Regardless. Asthma isn't even A 'thing to begin with. it ain't like she's living with AIDS or something. sad

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Girlfriend Is Asthmatic, Am In Love With Her. What Should I Do? by Eleniyan15: 10:37pm On Jan 08, 2017
JeffreyJamez:
Common asthma undecided

na asthma you call that way common ehn egbon, still thinking asthma and SS lady which one worst pass
Re: My Girlfriend Is Asthmatic, Am In Love With Her. What Should I Do? by Nobody: 10:37pm On Jan 08, 2017
This is what happens when you find it difficult to keep some things to yourself. She is your girlfriend and not your uncle's own. You are the one causing yourself unnecessary headache since you find it difficult to keep your relationship problem to yourself.

The grass is not always greener on the other side. You really cannot predict the type of person your next girlfriend would be if you leave this girl now.

It is not even a chronic one. Please, don't break the heart of this young lady now embarassed

Why not shun anybody's opinion and keep enjoying your relationship with her since you both love each other. If you would even tell anyone, confide in your Mother.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Is Asthmatic, Am In Love With Her. What Should I Do? by MrRichy(m): 10:39pm On Jan 08, 2017
when people are getting married to HIV patients.. and you're here complaining about asthma ...
Re: My Girlfriend Is Asthmatic, Am In Love With Her. What Should I Do? by Nobody: 10:39pm On Jan 08, 2017
Twaci:
undecided
did I say anything wrong?lipsrsealed
Re: My Girlfriend Is Asthmatic, Am In Love With Her. What Should I Do? by queenitee(f): 10:40pm On Jan 08, 2017
Do you really love this Lady?Your uncle isn't the one going to marry her and since it isnt the chronic type,it can be managed easily..
So what should people who married someone living with HIV do?kill themselves?
Asthma isn't something to make all this fuss about,if she's the kinda woman who can help you build a better future

Are yoou going to make a decision you would later regret cos of Asthma or whatever?it isn't HIV or AIDS
Re: My Girlfriend Is Asthmatic, Am In Love With Her. What Should I Do? by Nairaboi(m): 10:43pm On Jan 08, 2017
mymadam:
It appears that you don't really love her. Is Asthma contagious? Can't it be managed? If you're mature enough, your uncle's rant is more of his personal opinion than a well-informed advice, IMHO. If you love her, marry her... period. If you miss her, after telling you the truth the first time out, you'll probably run into a lady who won't even tell you she's HIV positive. Karma at work! Good luck buddy undecided
Abegi! everything Karma, Karma. wetin concern Karma untop this matter now. Its his choice to stay with her or not, its not as if he infected her with anything and wants to leave her (that would have been understandable) not this one you are calling Karma upandan.

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Is Asthmatic, Am In Love With Her. What Should I Do? by gbaskiboy: 10:44pm On Jan 08, 2017
queenitee:
Do you really love this Lady?Your uncle isn't the one going to marry her and since it isnt the chronic type,it can be managed easily..
So what should people who married someone living with HIV do?kill themselves?
Asthma isn't something make all this fuss about
Thanks jare, never thought of this before now
Re: My Girlfriend Is Asthmatic, Am In Love With Her. What Should I Do? by Nairaboi(m): 10:45pm On Jan 08, 2017
why did you have to tell your Uncle, don't know ur reasons, but its an idea i don't buy. somethings are better handled without involving a 3rd party
Re: My Girlfriend Is Asthmatic, Am In Love With Her. What Should I Do? by Swissheart(f): 10:45pm On Jan 08, 2017
Pls,why did you tell your uncle?
Re: My Girlfriend Is Asthmatic, Am In Love With Her. What Should I Do? by queenitee(f): 10:46pm On Jan 08, 2017
gbaskiboy:
Thanks jare, never thought of this before now
You are welcome..Waiting for an invite to your wedding..lol
Re: My Girlfriend Is Asthmatic, Am In Love With Her. What Should I Do? by chigoizie7(m): 10:49pm On Jan 08, 2017
I can't tell u what to do with ur life,

One thing I know for sure is that , she didn't create herself.

Since her case is not severe, both of u can manage it, I mean, since u claim to love her, u can stand by her to make sure that all the drugs and inhalers are always handy.

I am also asthmatic, but it does not mean I can't keep a gf or marry someday.
I will feel bad if that is a reason why a lady can't marry me because I didn't make myself that way. All the same, na ur life, u have the right to choose

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Is Asthmatic, Am In Love With Her. What Should I Do? by mymadam(m): 10:50pm On Jan 08, 2017
Nairaboi:

Abegi! everything Karma, Karma. wetin concern Karma untop this matter now. Its his choice to stay with her or not, its not as if he infected her with anything and wants to leave her (that would have been understandable) not this one you are calling Karma upandan.

Okay @Nairaboi, ignore the Karma part & consume the rest. Right on wink
Re: My Girlfriend Is Asthmatic, Am In Love With Her. What Should I Do? by DonCortino: 10:58pm On Jan 08, 2017
JeffreyJamez:
Common asthma undecided

I taya o!
Re: My Girlfriend Is Asthmatic, Am In Love With Her. What Should I Do? by Nobody: 11:04pm On Jan 08, 2017
Asthma is even better than epilepsy
Re: My Girlfriend Is Asthmatic, Am In Love With Her. What Should I Do? by Nobody: 11:16pm On Jan 08, 2017
Just Asthmatic? Pls let her go but think of this, there is no lady on the surface of the earth that is 100% healthy..some babes that are healthy now, will die before your girlfriend die of asthma.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Is Asthmatic, Am In Love With Her. What Should I Do? by Nobody: 11:16pm On Jan 08, 2017
Twaci:

kAi, see carefully worded comment. I wish I did smileys.
Re: My Girlfriend Is Asthmatic, Am In Love With Her. What Should I Do? by Bluezy13(m): 11:17pm On Jan 08, 2017
littlewonders:
There's nothing bad. But personally I'll would have left the very first day i knew(my love get medical eye) cos I won't have such energy to manage it.

There's this seraphic lady I one time opted to settle down with, tho the relationship was on a nursery stage, I somehow found my way into her fear, telling me she had ulcer, suffering from asthma, with minimal bladder dysfunction. I smiled and pretended like it was nothing afterall, is a common thing ( within me, i was kind of discouraged already).

Ever since then, whenever I imagine sex with her in the picture, my cassave shrinks. I started avoiding her o... Marriage na future program while wedding na present tense. So am trying to avoid future complications which we don't pray for.

These days, there're lot of ladies out there, roaming around with complicating issues developed as a result of displaying youth exuberance, some with weak foetus caused from several ab*rtion section.

Marriage truly no easy!

My brother deep down, the answer lies with you.

We won't tell you the taste of campari

My brother, I wonder why these days, girls to get that thing called ulcer!
2016, first girl wey I try ask out...ulcer!
second girl wey come be my neighbour friend...ulcer!
The last one wey I come try hook up weda things go work out small...Ulcer!

The thing tire me!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Premature Ejaculat.ion: Guys Don't Make This Mistake / "Showoff" Ladies Check Out Davin, My Qcute Lil. Brother (photos) / "If He Cant Lick Your P****, You Are Like A Sister To Him" - Facebook Slayqueen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.