Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,911 members, 7,802,964 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:40 AM

Your Dad Or Your Husband: Wives, Who Would You Obey? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Your Dad Or Your Husband: Wives, Who Would You Obey? (43631 Views)

Should You Obey Ignorant Parents?? / South African Man With 4 Wives Who Wants Other Men To Be Polygamous (Pics) / Would You Marry A Man Like Your Dad? See Replies Girls Gave (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Dad Or Your Husband: Wives, Who Would You Obey? by Amajerry83(m): 7:24pm On Feb 23, 2017
This is very simple.

JUST GET IN THE CAR AND SIT.
Re: Your Dad Or Your Husband: Wives, Who Would You Obey? by micxwell(m): 7:26pm On Feb 23, 2017
sparkleRed:
On no account can my husband shout at my Dad! is he mad? Will he allow dat if I shouted at his parent, height of disrespect imagine angry

Mtcheew I just can't imagine it when he is not high on paw paw leave mtcheww
I wonder what can cause the argument, if he tells you to do something and you don't want to, you don't need to argue
Re: Your Dad Or Your Husband: Wives, Who Would You Obey? by Xano(m): 7:26pm On Feb 23, 2017
engrobidigbo:
Women get confused when faced with such dilemma because they don't know the power they possess.

The following facts give her a strength when faced with such situation;
1) She's a wife to the man, thus got the keys to his heart
2) She's a daughter to the older man; and we know how men and their daughters get so bonded, sometimes they have stronger bonds with their daughters than their wife; hence, she's also got the key to his heart.

A woman is married into a family to further unite the home and not break it. If she takes any of th options you gave @op, she'll further tear up her relationship with the other person she didn't cling to.

If i were the woman, I'll yell at both my husband and dad and warn them to stop acting like kids. They'll be shell shocked at your reaction. Next, get them both to sit and talk some sense into them. If they refuse to listen and try to turn the table against you like your dad saying "did you just shout at me?"", then use the cry blackmail tool in your software (all women have this wink ). Cry that they don't love you that's why they want to destroy you by fighting and quarrelling. wink

Hmmm...great point

1 Like

Re: Your Dad Or Your Husband: Wives, Who Would You Obey? by warriorPedigree: 7:26pm On Feb 23, 2017
MsFaith:
grin but I don't know how to cry
if you telling the truth, you are dangerous.
Re: Your Dad Or Your Husband: Wives, Who Would You Obey? by chukagates(m): 7:38pm On Feb 23, 2017
Xcelinteriors:
My loving and precious dad. Husband that will go out and sleep with other women, screw husband and he dare not argue with my dad sef shey he dey mad ni?
..if am ur hubby eh..i will table ur Bleep phycologically using my mother cool
Re: Your Dad Or Your Husband: Wives, Who Would You Obey? by Nobody: 7:39pm On Feb 23, 2017
ifyalways:
Women are children, incapable of taking their own decisions and need to be controlled by men. . . Nld 2017, volume 5.
interesting
Re: Your Dad Or Your Husband: Wives, Who Would You Obey? by jomoh: 7:41pm On Feb 23, 2017
MsFaith:

grin
but I don't know how to cry

Just pretend then leave them an go somewhere far where they both cannot find you. They will be forced to join hands and look for you.
Re: Your Dad Or Your Husband: Wives, Who Would You Obey? by Xcelinteriors(f): 7:43pm On Feb 23, 2017
chukagates:
..if am ur hubby eh..i will table ur Bleep phycologically using my mother cool
Honestly you will be disappointed because I will be so close to her that you won't be able to penetrate. Go ask my mother in law
Re: Your Dad Or Your Husband: Wives, Who Would You Obey? by MsFaith: 7:45pm On Feb 23, 2017
warriorPedigree:
if you telling the truth, you are dangerous.
I am not dangerous, I would just rather control my emotions
Re: Your Dad Or Your Husband: Wives, Who Would You Obey? by Nobody: 7:47pm On Feb 23, 2017
YOUNGrapha:
english yaff died before bubu cheesy

And yours is accurate?

Go and seat down small boy. My mentions is not for u.
Re: Your Dad Or Your Husband: Wives, Who Would You Obey? by chukagates(m): 7:50pm On Feb 23, 2017
Xcelinteriors:

Honestly you will be disappointed because I will be so close to her that you won't be able to penetrate. Go ask my mother in law
...live that thing jhoor no be women again?? even if it means waiting patiently till when u and my my mother have a rough ride..but one thing will be for sure I WILL NEVER REST UNTIL I REVENGE using my mother.. cool
Re: Your Dad Or Your Husband: Wives, Who Would You Obey? by delishpot: 7:56pm On Feb 23, 2017
ChappyChase:
If she dears sit down, then let her be rest assured that she will continue to sit in her father's house cause am so done with the marriage

Na you be the only man wey Dey world? Why would you shout at her dad? Would you also be happy to see her shout at your mom?

4 Likes

Re: Your Dad Or Your Husband: Wives, Who Would You Obey? by Cynthyworld(f): 8:01pm On Feb 23, 2017
I will get inside the car and sit down
Re: Your Dad Or Your Husband: Wives, Who Would You Obey? by olandoboy(m): 8:06pm On Feb 23, 2017
Some women are funny,simple question that was given an option of A or B,them just dey beat around the bush.i don't know where they came up with option C.which they are saying I WILL JUST WALK AWAY
Re: Your Dad Or Your Husband: Wives, Who Would You Obey? by Toscoas2(m): 8:11pm On Feb 23, 2017
I wonder how nigerians reason, may be with their heads or anus. You never see people ask reasonable questions that one could gain frm. except questions like ds or would you accept #5m to allow ur wife or husband a night out with frnd. the people dt post abt the question are like them.
Re: Your Dad Or Your Husband: Wives, Who Would You Obey? by Burger01(m): 8:16pm On Feb 23, 2017
Acidosis:

sir, please what's the title of the last nollywood movie you watched?
Lol cheesy

1 Like

Re: Your Dad Or Your Husband: Wives, Who Would You Obey? by drphantom: 8:26pm On Feb 23, 2017
pocohantas:
What would you do in this situation?
If I were the wife... lipsrsealed

Simple: SIT DOWN in the car. QED
Re: Your Dad Or Your Husband: Wives, Who Would You Obey? by HolySteph(f): 8:30pm On Feb 23, 2017
Re: Your Dad Or Your Husband: Wives, Who Would You Obey? by foody(f): 8:32pm On Feb 23, 2017
I will smile at both of them and tell them to follow me to the kitchen.
Re: Your Dad Or Your Husband: Wives, Who Would You Obey? by obstead200(m): 8:42pm On Feb 23, 2017
LaylaAli:
I will shout at hubby for even thinking he could shout at my papa angry

*Then call him big daddy when we get home* grin
that is, assuming u will ever be allowed to enter ur husband's house again.
This is Africa. As long as u are married, ur husband must come first (only in everything that is right and just oooo, as long as u are not asked to commit an atrocity).
Most husbands see this as a perfect opportunity to send a woman packing, especially if there are no kids to take into consideration.
If u remain in ur fathers house for such a flimsy reason, trust me, in the eyes of everyone in Africa, the shame is urs.
Hell even ur dad will feel ashamed when his anger subsides. He might end up swallowing his shame for ur sake and sending emissaries to beg ur husband.

1 Like

Re: Your Dad Or Your Husband: Wives, Who Would You Obey? by Scholarnwadimma(f): 8:48pm On Feb 23, 2017
my hubby says get into the car.My dad says sit down.I will obey two of dem simply by getting into d car nd sitting down.
Re: Your Dad Or Your Husband: Wives, Who Would You Obey? by obstead200(m): 8:49pm On Feb 23, 2017
Xcelinteriors:
My loving and precious dad. Husband that will go out and sleep with other women, screw husband and he dare not argue with my dad sef shey he dey mad ni?
ur best bet will be to try and make peace there and then. But If ur husband insists that u get into the car, my dear, as long as u are an African woman living in Africa, better respect urself and obey ur husband immediately. If u lose ur husband over a flimsy reason like arguing with ur dad (especially when the bone of contention between them is not a life and death situation or some other grievous circumstance), na u shame go catch oooo.

When u dad's anger subsides, he will even swallow his shame and send pple beg ur husband to accept u back. Pray it won't be too late.

Modified:
Well unless na u marry ur husband and na u dey give am food Sha. Unless ur Dad sponsored ur wedding fully, In that case I can understand why u are now 'superior' to it husband

1 Like

Re: Your Dad Or Your Husband: Wives, Who Would You Obey? by obstead200(m): 8:54pm On Feb 23, 2017
delishpot:

Na you be the only man wey Dey world? Why would you shout at her dad? Would you also be happy to see her shout at your mom?
@ the bolded. He is not the only man in the world. Oya let the wife try to go and marry another husband na. She will understand the meaning of second hand value and bad market
Re: Your Dad Or Your Husband: Wives, Who Would You Obey? by obstead200(m): 8:58pm On Feb 23, 2017
Trueyarn:
I can tell that you are still single...

She is definitely still single......or she is just a nairaland troll.........maybe a man sef, trying to gather mentions

1 Like

Re: Your Dad Or Your Husband: Wives, Who Would You Obey? by obstead200(m): 9:01pm On Feb 23, 2017
PaperLace:

Whatever.
My father is my father, husband is husband. cheesy
I don't believe u.
Except ur husband is a never do well, except he is not the breadwinner, u can't dare to take sides against ur husband in such circumstances.
Re: Your Dad Or Your Husband: Wives, Who Would You Obey? by obstead200(m): 9:07pm On Feb 23, 2017
sparkleRed:
On no account can my husband shout at my Dad! is he mad? Will he allow dat if I shouted at his parent, height of disrespect imagine angry

Mtcheew I just can't imagine it when he is not high on paw paw leave mtcheww
u just dey talk nonsense.
What will u do if ur husband shouts at ur dad? Will u Leave the marriage?
Go right ahead. Six months down the line, that same father of urs will send pple to go beg ur husband to take u back.
2 years down the line, that father of urs will use every opportunity to remind u that u shud be in ur husband's house, seeing that u are causing him shame among his friends by leaving ur husband for such silly reason.

My dear, just borrow sense.

1 Like

Re: Your Dad Or Your Husband: Wives, Who Would You Obey? by pinkyruledworld(m): 9:15pm On Feb 23, 2017
engrobidigbo:
Women get confused when faced with such dilemma because they don't know the power they possess.

The following facts give her a strength when faced with such situation;
1) She's a wife to the man, thus got the keys to his heart
2) She's a daughter to the older man; and we know how men and their daughters get so bonded, sometimes they have stronger bonds with their daughters than their wife; hence, she's also got the key to his heart.

A woman is married into a family to further unite the home and not break it. If she takes any of th options you gave @op, she'll further tear up her relationship with the other person she didn't cling to.

If i were the woman, I'll yell at both my husband and dad and warn them to stop acting like kids. They'll be shell shocked at your reaction. Next, get them both to sit and talk some sense into them. If they refuse to listen and try to turn the table against you like your dad saying "did you just shout at me?"", then use the cry blackmail tool in your software (all women have this wink ). Cry that they don't love you that's why they want to destroy you by fighting and quarrelling. wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Your Dad Or Your Husband: Wives, Who Would You Obey? by Beejay1117(m): 9:36pm On Feb 23, 2017
Tyviv:
Will walk away grin
did Frank edoho personally send u that option?
Re: Your Dad Or Your Husband: Wives, Who Would You Obey? by Nobody: 9:39pm On Feb 23, 2017
obstead200:
I don't believe u.
Except ur husband is a never do well, except he is not the breadwinner, u can't dare to take sides against ur husband in such circumstances.
Don't force your opinion or belief on me.
Men have been taking sides with their mothers, are their wives never do wells? No man on this earth comes before my father. smiley

5 Likes

Re: Your Dad Or Your Husband: Wives, Who Would You Obey? by potent5(m): 9:51pm On Feb 23, 2017
The question is: who would you obey? I don't know why some people will leav the options available and begin to introduce other options into the question. This is how people fail exam. You see answers like: I will walk away, I will shout at both of them., I will scold my husband, etc. Abeg.
Re: Your Dad Or Your Husband: Wives, Who Would You Obey? by Nofuckgiven: 9:58pm On Feb 23, 2017
Abeg if any man shouts at your father and you as a woman condones it just to play a good wife role,then you deserve to be called a bastard. And won't blame your father if he disowns you.
NB: you can get another husband but not another father.
Quote me and get fried!! undecided

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Your Dad Or Your Husband: Wives, Who Would You Obey? by originalKsp(m): 10:04pm On Feb 23, 2017
I will do both;

First : Get in the car
Then: Sit down!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

My Husband Impregnated My Junior Sister Twice: Wife / 3 Costly Mistakes Couples Make After Marriage / How Do Spouses Whose Partners Live Abroad Cope Sexually?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.