Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,167 members, 7,807,543 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:03 PM

Your Dad Or Your Husband: Wives, Who Would You Obey? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Your Dad Or Your Husband: Wives, Who Would You Obey? (43645 Views)

Should You Obey Ignorant Parents?? / South African Man With 4 Wives Who Wants Other Men To Be Polygamous (Pics) / Would You Marry A Man Like Your Dad? See Replies Girls Gave (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Dad Or Your Husband: Wives, Who Would You Obey? by Lankyscot(m): 10:40pm On Feb 23, 2017
engrobidigbo:
Women get confused when faced with such dilemma because they don't know the power they possess.

The following facts give her a strength when faced with such situation;
1) She's a wife to the man, thus got the keys to his heart
2) She's a daughter to the older man; and we know how men and their daughters get so bonded, sometimes they have stronger bonds
with their daughters than their wife; hence, she's also got the key to his heart.

A woman is married into a family to further unite the home and not break it. If she takes any of th options you gave @op, she'll further tear up her relationship with the other person she didn't cling to.

If i were the woman, I'll yell at both my husband and dad and warn them to stop acting like kids. They'll be shell shocked at your reaction. Next, get them both to sit and talk some sense into them. If they refuse to listen and try to turn the table against you like your dad saying "did you just shout at me?"", then use the cry blackmail tool in your software (all women have this wink ). Cry that they don't love you that's why they want to destroy you by fighting and quarrelling. wink

This Is Simply Hilarious!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Your Dad Or Your Husband: Wives, Who Would You Obey? by Drabrah(m): 10:43pm On Feb 23, 2017
engrobidigbo:
Women get confused when faced with such dilemma because they don't know the power they possess.

2) She's a daughter to the older man; and we know how men and their daughters get so bonded, sometimes they have stronger bonds with their daughters than their wife; hence, she's also got the key to his heart.

A woman is married into a family to further unite the home and not break it. If she takes any of th options you gave @op, she'll further tear up her relationship with the other person she didn't cling to.

If i were the woman, I'll yell at both my husband and dad and warn them to stop acting like kids. They'll be shell shocked at your reaction. Next, get them both to sit and talk some sense into them. If they refuse to listen and try to turn the table against you like your dad saying "did you just shout at me?"", then use the cry blackmail tool in your software (all women have this wink ). Cry that they don't love you that's why they want to destroy you by fighting and quarrelling. wink

Wake up frm ur dream!
My dear, there're fathers & there're fathers and there're husbands & there're husbands.
This ur theory does not hold for every family.
Re: Your Dad Or Your Husband: Wives, Who Would You Obey? by Origin(f): 10:52pm On Feb 23, 2017
The fact is you will sit without thinking.

For about twenty years one man has been ordering you about without you revolting.

Automatic reaction is you obey your dad's orders. This is a purely unconscious reaction.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Your Dad Or Your Husband: Wives, Who Would You Obey? by BobHIGHNESS(m): 11:17pm On Feb 23, 2017
I'll get into d car and sit down
Re: Your Dad Or Your Husband: Wives, Who Would You Obey? by Alezy(m): 11:18pm On Feb 23, 2017
Answers to this question shows we have only very few wise ladies in the house.

1 Like

Re: Your Dad Or Your Husband: Wives, Who Would You Obey? by delishpot: 11:26pm On Feb 23, 2017
obstead200:

@ the bolded. He is not the only man in the world. Oya let the wife try to go and marry another husband na. She will understand the meaning of second hand value and bad market

So in your entire life, you have never seen a woman with kids marry again? You are too childish calling a woman second hand because she has once married. The world has advanced beyound your reasoning. No one is forcing you to marry her. A woman is better being single than being with a closed minded an like you, who considers her worthless because she was once married to you.Hence she can never find happiness if she leaves. She has only one father, but can marry many men. Just as your wife can not expect you to dump your mom over her . Stop behaving like a child.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Your Dad Or Your Husband: Wives, Who Would You Obey? by delishpot: 11:27pm On Feb 23, 2017
Alezy:
Answers to this question shows we have only very few wise ladies in the house.

What do you consider wise?
Re: Your Dad Or Your Husband: Wives, Who Would You Obey? by Alezy(m): 11:46pm On Feb 23, 2017
delishpot:

What do you consider wise?
a lady up there said what's proper to do but I think the OP didn't ask the question in the right manner.

Let's say Ur husband needs 50k same time Ur father needs 50k and u have just 50k. will take lot of experience to know that ur husband is the right person at that moment to give(depending on priorities)

u can argue on this but I urge you to ask some married folks first.
Re: Your Dad Or Your Husband: Wives, Who Would You Obey? by bilulu(m): 11:50pm On Feb 23, 2017
Benita27:
Simple.
Hubby says "get in the car".
Daddy says "sit down".
I will simply walk away.
towards d car I guess
Re: Your Dad Or Your Husband: Wives, Who Would You Obey? by kuchikau1: 12:08am On Feb 24, 2017
PaperLace:
Whatever. My father is my father, husband is husband. cheesy
am sorry 4 u, very sorry.
Re: Your Dad Or Your Husband: Wives, Who Would You Obey? by kuchikau1: 12:24am On Feb 24, 2017
delishpot:

So in your entire life, you have never seen a woman with kids marry again? You are too childish calling a woman second hand because she has once married. The world has advanced beyound your reasoning. No one is forcing you to marry her. A woman is better being single than being with a closed minded an like you, who considers her worthless because she was once married to you.Hence she can never find happiness if she leaves. She has only one father, but can marry many men. Just as your wife can not expect you to dump your mom over her . Stop behaving like a child.
sometin is wrong wit u, seriously
Re: Your Dad Or Your Husband: Wives, Who Would You Obey? by Nobody: 2:29am On Feb 24, 2017
obstead200:
that is, assuming u will ever be allowed to enter ur husband's house again.
This is Africa. As long as u are married, ur husband must come first (only in everything that is right and just oooo, as long as u are not asked to commit an atrocity).
Most husbands see this as a perfect opportunity to send a woman packing, especially if there are no kids to take into consideration.
If u remain in ur fathers house for such a flimsy reason, trust me, in the eyes of everyone in Africa, the shame is urs.
Hell even ur dad will feel ashamed when his anger subsides. He might end up swallowing his shame for ur sake and sending emissaries to beg ur husband.

You can't talk for me and mine, but you can talk for you and yours. Africa is a continent with many different cultures and countries and what works in your little corner of Africa isn't what happens all over. Our culture and traditional beliefs wouldn't accept my husband to shout at my father 1. Secondly, only a disrespectful low life would shout at his father in law and I wouldn't pick such a man. My father is ex army man so trust me he would send men that would not be begging! Basically, what I'm trying to say is speak for yourself! Not me.

2 Likes

Re: Your Dad Or Your Husband: Wives, Who Would You Obey? by Nobody: 4:08am On Feb 24, 2017
PaperLace:

Na dowry you pay , you no buy me.
My father and family first, followed by my children... grin

From ur comments, its obvious u don't have a happy marriage. U dey beef ur husband.

From ur points, it seems ur hubby no pay ur bride price or u ain't in love with him anymore.

Be it from the Bible , Quran or Traditional worship view, ur husband is the head, the leader.

That's if u r rightfully married. Cos u dey talk like small, inexperienced pikin.

1 Like

Re: Your Dad Or Your Husband: Wives, Who Would You Obey? by haryomikun(m): 4:27am On Feb 24, 2017
shocked shocked
See blackmailer
engrobidigbo:

2) She's a daughter to the older man; and we know how men and their daughters get so bonded, sometimes they have stronger bonds with their daughters than their wife; hence, she's also got the key to his heart.

1 Like

Re: Your Dad Or Your Husband: Wives, Who Would You Obey? by oshorstan(f): 7:01am On Feb 24, 2017
[quote author=PaperLace post=52650917][/quote]

My mother will begin to make my food henceforth... And I will never consult u again.. rubbish
Re: Your Dad Or Your Husband: Wives, Who Would You Obey? by jerrymej(m): 7:36am On Feb 24, 2017
Bleep Husband...
Re: Your Dad Or Your Husband: Wives, Who Would You Obey? by horlanray(m): 7:56am On Feb 24, 2017
U obey ur husband word cos he's more authority over u than ur father after marriage on some issue..
According to scripture #alquran #sunnah #roaullullah #saw
Re: Your Dad Or Your Husband: Wives, Who Would You Obey? by NemzySeries(m): 8:04am On Feb 24, 2017
i kw sum of d ladies her here wud say blood is thicker dan water therefore d'll obey deir dad and disobey deir hubby but remember dat wat u do wit water can't d replaced by blood...... leearn to obey ur husbands and respect dem especially in front of ur parents jst like ur mum wud do to ur dad....... exceptin life threatening situation u'll all to withdraw
Re: Your Dad Or Your Husband: Wives, Who Would You Obey? by NemzySeries(m): 8:08am On Feb 24, 2017
LaylaAli:

You can't talk for me and mine, but you can talk for you and yours. Africa is a continent with many different cultures and countries and what works in your little corner of Africa isn't what happens all over. Our culture and traditional beliefs wouldn't accept my husband to shout at my father 1. Secondly, only a disrespectful low life would shout at his father in law and I wouldn't pick such a man. My father is ex army man so trust me he would send men that would not be begging! Basically, what I'm trying to say is speak for yourself! Not me.
wat if ur bobo na Ex cultist nko? u kw who hin go send for ur papa grin
Re: Your Dad Or Your Husband: Wives, Who Would You Obey? by Nobody: 8:25am On Feb 24, 2017
PaperLace:
No man on this earth comes before my father. smiley
Me nko?

Any woman who watches and does nothing while her husband shouts at her father should be regarded as nothing but a bastard. All these hypocritical men quoting you left and right to yarn opata would never ever condone any woman, let alone their wives disrespecting their mums. All those talks about husbands having the absolute authority over their wives is nothing but archaic bullshit.
Men holding these 15th century school of thought forget that one day, they would move from husbands to becoming fathers too.
Then they will understand how it feels when their own daughter takes side with her husband while watching her husband shout down on them.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Your Dad Or Your Husband: Wives, Who Would You Obey? by engrobidigbo: 8:31am On Feb 24, 2017
Sanchez01:

This is too unrealistic. You would shout at two angry men and expect them to listen to you?

A wise woman in this scenario would understand that he is answerable to just one man here and that is the husband. As funny as it might sound, it's the truth. The father had handed her over, or should I say married her off. Men enjoy their ego being massaged even when many would tend to say otherwise. A funny attempt at not listening to him might impact the home there and then. A resolution could come after the issue had died and it is expected that the woman push for it.

But then again, it doesn't really make sense to see a father and her son-in-law argue to no end that both of them would issue contrary instructions just to prove nothing.

If only you understand the strength of a woman, you won't write what you wrote!

Women can turn the game against you with the cheapest blackmail tactics....

Women can mould and foster peace with a mere smile and shear strength, or they can destroy a home in a sec with their own hands....

The scenario i gave is tested and trusted!!!

1 Like

Re: Your Dad Or Your Husband: Wives, Who Would You Obey? by engrobidigbo: 8:34am On Feb 24, 2017
Pray:
Too much telemundo, zeeworld, nollywood and hollywood.

My brother face the truth, some things we see on Zeeworld and Nollywood and hollywood have become the reality of our society
Re: Your Dad Or Your Husband: Wives, Who Would You Obey? by engrobidigbo: 8:38am On Feb 24, 2017
Drabrah:

Wake up frm ur dream!
My dear, there're fathers & there're fathers and there're husbands & there're husbands.
This ur theory does not hold for every family.

Guy, no matter how tough the father in-law or the husband feel, or how much of a "James Bond" they believe they are, if the woman react in a way they've never ever seen her react, it will send seismic waves down their spine!!!
Re: Your Dad Or Your Husband: Wives, Who Would You Obey? by engrobidigbo: 8:38am On Feb 24, 2017
haryomikun:
shocked shocked
See blackmailer

grin
Re: Your Dad Or Your Husband: Wives, Who Would You Obey? by Nobody: 8:54am On Feb 24, 2017
LastMumu:

Me nko?

Any woman who watches and does nothing while her husband shouts at her father should be regarded as nothing but a bastard. All these hypocritical men quoting you left and right to yarn opata would never ever condone any woman, let alone their wives disrespecting their mums. All those talks about husbands having the absolute authority over their wives is nothing but archaic bullshit.
Men holding these 15th century school of thought forget that one day, they would move from husbands to becoming fathers too.
Then they will understand how it feels when their own daughter takes side with her husband while watching her husband shout down on them.
You know I love you pass fufu.

See as they are quoting me from all angles, I know how to get them talking. My husband can't shout at my father and get away with it, same way I can't shout at his mum. If for any reason he tries it, he would bear the consequences...that's all.

This is NL na, the rule changes when it's a woman.
Na why I no dey answer them again, when I made a comment on how I can go to any length for my husband, they all prayed for a wife like me... grin, today they say I have an unhappy marriage...lols.

3 Likes

Re: Your Dad Or Your Husband: Wives, Who Would You Obey? by Sanchez01: 9:01am On Feb 24, 2017
engrobidigbo:

If only you understand the strength of a woman, you won't write what you wrote!

Women can turn the game against you with the cheapest blackmail tactics....

Women can mould and foster peace with a mere smile and shear strength, or they can destroy a home in a sec with their own hands....

The scenario i gave is tested and trusted!!!
What on God's earth are you talking about? When a woman is married to a man, she drops her father's name and answers her husband's. The implication is that she belongs to a different family now and her access to her father's house can be greatly controlled or monitored by her husband.

The principles of marriage are clear on this. Should a woman do otherwise, she is termed immature and, or a rebel.

Again, should a father and his son-in-law get into an argument and both men decide to flex their authority on the vulnerable wife/daughter, she is to heed to her husband's call before any other. She's her father's daughter but she answers to a man before others now.

She could make a reconciliatory move afterwards but there and then, she just has to answer to her man. A contrary move or action could be termed as whatever and might cause her to lose her place in her home. Perhaps she could marry her father then.

Marriage vows and principles are like the terms and conditions of marriage. Your assertion seems to be the product of Telemundo. I honestly don't mean to slight you but it's the truth.

1 Like

Re: Your Dad Or Your Husband: Wives, Who Would You Obey? by Ebulonse(m): 9:18am On Feb 24, 2017
engrobidigbo:

You shall live long...God gave u the best brain.

Re: Your Dad Or Your Husband: Wives, Who Would You Obey? by purpleNG(f): 9:38am On Feb 24, 2017
Will jejely get in the car and sit down
At least in obeyed them both
Re: Your Dad Or Your Husband: Wives, Who Would You Obey? by ChappyChase: 9:49am On Feb 24, 2017
YOUNGrapha:
ANUOFIA OLODO cry
Bro I no be hypocrite like you!
Re: Your Dad Or Your Husband: Wives, Who Would You Obey? by ChappyChase: 9:50am On Feb 24, 2017
delishpot:

Na you be the only man wey Dey world? Why would you shout at her dad? Would you also be happy to see her shout at your mom?
Hahaha haha. Make the man kuku marry him daughter.
Re: Your Dad Or Your Husband: Wives, Who Would You Obey? by delishpot: 10:04am On Feb 24, 2017
ChappyChase:

Hahaha haha. Make the man kuku marry him daughter.

Quite childish way of thinking. Reverse the case and put yourself in her shoes.
What you quoted was a response to another quote. But if you choose to be ignorant and pick what suits you carry go

2 Likes

Re: Your Dad Or Your Husband: Wives, Who Would You Obey? by eminent007(m): 10:35am On Feb 24, 2017
Xcelinteriors:
My loving and precious dad. Husband that will go out and sleep with other women, screw husband and he dare not argue with my dad sef shey he dey mad ni?

It's been a while I quote a comment but I couldn't but quote you.
Sorry to say this but you've got it wrong.
No be quarrel ooo.
If you wan know why, you can say so and I will tell you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

My Little Sister Is Misbehaving / Aderonke Sikirat Anifowose Missing After Observing Juma'at In Ikorodu Lagos / How Do Spouses Whose Partners Live Abroad Cope Sexually?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.