Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,308 members, 7,808,044 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:36 AM

Mtn, Scam Network - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Mtn, Scam Network (642 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mtn, Scam Network by Phaytte(f): 2:42am On Jan 09, 2017
I'm writing this with a heavy heart. MTN has done this to me, not once, not even twice, and I know they are continuously doing it to many other users out there. it is annoying, and I am angry. so I've decided to narrate my ordeal, maybe you too would narrate yours, and maybe together we can all send them back to where they came from.
So I checked my account balance, and a whole #200 was missing (money I was gradually saving up to subscribe with).
I called them and what they told me after putting me on hold for about 20 minutes was that I am not getting a refund because it was deducted for game+, something I never subscribed for (and can never subscribe for even if I'm sleepwalking).
This thing has happened before in November last year (I have a screenshot to prove it). I called them and they assured me they would cancel the nonsense subscription even without a refund, I agreed. obviously, they lied.

something of this nature happened with my etisalat sim and when I called them, the sent me my money without many talks.
there are other networks and I don't even know the exact reason why I still use MTN.

I am contemplating breaking the sim card or grinding it.

in case you intend to get a new sim card, please don't buy MTN.

Re: Mtn, Scam Network by Nobody: 3:27am On Jan 09, 2017
MTN want to use illegal deductions from customers credits balance to offset her fine to NCC.

2 Likes

Re: Mtn, Scam Network by mengho(m): 4:16am On Jan 09, 2017
They seem to do dat recently, so I just stop recharging it completely & switched to airtel & etisalat

1 Like

Re: Mtn, Scam Network by yomi007k(m): 5:05am On Jan 09, 2017
grin

Baby girl .....be like me, break ur mtn sim n get a better network.

Life is too short to hv a horrible network with all d problems in ds country.

...Gbagbe oshi (Davido)

1 Like

Re: Mtn, Scam Network by pweetyoge(f): 7:04am On Jan 09, 2017
So someone else is experiencing that too.. i got tired of recharging n leaving it on my phone all night cus it disappears overnight. No explanations..i simply recharge other network. Mtn is a big scam
Re: Mtn, Scam Network by dotman4real007(m): 7:50am On Jan 09, 2017
that is how they roll, balling with stolen credit, the only network free from this type of scam is etisalat.
Re: Mtn, Scam Network by JideSM: 7:53am On Jan 09, 2017
Phaytte:
I'm writing this with a heavy heart. MTN has done this to me, not once, not even twice, and I know they are continuously doing it to many other users out there. it is annoying, and I am angry. so I've decided to narrate my ordeal, maybe you too would narrate yours, and maybe together we can all send them back to where they came from.
So I checked my account balance, and a whole #200 was missing (money I was gradually saving up to subscribe with).
I called them and what they told me after putting me on hold for about 20 minutes was that I am not getting a refund because it was deducted for game+, something I never subscribed for (and can never subscribe for even if I'm sleepwalking).
This thing has happened before in November last year (I have a screenshot to prove it). I called them and they assured me they would cancel the nonsense subscription even without a refund, I agreed. obviously, they lied.

something of this nature happened with my etisalat sim and when I called them, the sent me my money without many talks.
there are other networks and I don't even know the exact reason why I still use MTN.

Hi Phaytte, i'm truly sorry about this experience. I wish to inform you that i currently run a thread here called: https://www.nairaland.com/1379574/mtn-customer-care-thread/ where issues like these are being tendered for assistance. I will appreciate if you can send your mobile number to me via PM to enable me assist. Looking forward to hearing from you. Regards
Re: Mtn, Scam Network by Phaytte(f): 2:24pm On Jan 09, 2017
JideSM:

Hi Phaytte, i'm truly sorry about this experience. I wish to inform you that i currently run a thread here called: https://www.nairaland.com/1379574/mtn-customer-care-thread/ where issues like these are being tendered for assistance. I will appreciate if you can send your mobile number to me via PM to enable me assist. Looking forward to hearing from you. Regards

would I get a refund?
Re: Mtn, Scam Network by MrOlai: 10:27pm On Jan 09, 2017
Phaytte:

Honestly, the way MTN deducts customers' money/credits these days is unfair! MTN management know the truth and a few customers know the truth as well.

MTN started these reckless deductions just to cater for the fine pronounced on them by the Federal Government. It is not fair at all to make your customers scape goats on that basis. MTN management should sort things out with the Government instead of indirectly transferring the punishment on the customers.

Although, I do not support the Government on the fine, but then, we, the customers should not bear the brunt. I'm also a victim!

1 Like

Re: Mtn, Scam Network by Abbeytoy(m): 1:17am On Jan 10, 2017
Phaytte:

I have been experiencing this for more than two months. All I do is buy card and finish it immediately

1 Like

Re: Mtn, Scam Network by adelekeaka: 4:36am On Jan 10, 2017
If you don't want to loose your number, port the number to another network. I stopped using mtn since they couldn't give back my registered number. Also, I advised my wife to port her mtn number to another network which she gladly did.

(1) (Reply)

Missing Person!!! / Martin Ufuwmen Has Been Declared Wanted For Engaging In Homosexualism With A Tee / Nigerians Attacked In South Africa, Properties Looted And Burnt (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.