Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,695 members, 7,805,850 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:17 AM

School Fees Of Anchor University, Deeper Life Owned (Screenshots) - Education (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / School Fees Of Anchor University, Deeper Life Owned (Screenshots) (125523 Views)

Fire Incident At Anchor University (Photos) / Anchor University Lagos 2017 / 2018 Admission Processing Ongoing. Admission Fo / Anchor University: Deeper Life Bible Church Gives 30% Discount To Members. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: School Fees Of Anchor University, Deeper Life Owned (Screenshots) by seunH: 4:40pm On Jan 15, 2017
battleaxe:

Being a nun or priest is a calling. You also cannot force people to volunteer their time willingly.

In fact let's not go too far, would you volunteer your time free or charge or either just a stipend paid monthly for your services in a missionary school?

Of course I would, when I'm assured my reward in heaven. The truth of the matter is this. If these pastors focus more on the afterlife than this world in their preaching, we would have more people who are ready to volunteer.
Re: School Fees Of Anchor University, Deeper Life Owned (Screenshots) by dyabman(m): 4:54pm On Jan 15, 2017
Chelseafan1:

I never contributed 1 kobo to this Cause and no one bothered me to pay anything, even if you don't pay ur tithe and offering, no one will disturb you.

Abi o
Re: School Fees Of Anchor University, Deeper Life Owned (Screenshots) by Kennydoc(m): 7:26pm On Jan 15, 2017
Statsocial:

Guy you are wise. We need ppl like you in Nigeria. You are very Objective!

Thanks

1 Like

Re: School Fees Of Anchor University, Deeper Life Owned (Screenshots) by Homebaked: 7:47pm On Jan 15, 2017
emmasege:
You are absolutely wrong. There's no free quality education anywhere in the world. Someone or some people are paying for it. If only you knew the running cost of standard universities in Nigeria, you would understand that no church no matter how rich they are, is buoyant enough to provide quality university education in Nigeria at no or low tuition fees. The best they can do is to come up with scholarship schemes for their own members or individuals they adopted through mission works. And I think Pastor Kumuyi would be thinking along this line.
Great! It is clear that quality education comes at great costs and fees cannot be any lower than it is. The question I keep asking is that must churches establish universities? They will continue to attract bad press for the singular reason that majority of their members will never benefit from the institution they helped to build. If all these efforts and money are geared towards building hospitals and clinics instead of schools, we won't be having this conversation. But no, that is bad market for miracle peddling, which is a necessary ingredient for filling the pews in the first place.

2 Likes

Re: School Fees Of Anchor University, Deeper Life Owned (Screenshots) by kkins25(m): 10:16pm On Jan 15, 2017
I honestly do not know the reason for the establishment of a university by a church. A church as it was during the time of "Christianity" was about being with the family of God where you sell your possessions so other members could benefit. It was about charity.
This is not the case of today's church. You open a university that only the rich can attend. Not that it's a missionary school (this shouldn't even come with a fee) but it's a school that teaches secular philosophy. They teach you science that suggest that the world was formed by accident then they teach you again that it was created. They teach you Law in order words how to lie.
How does starting a university contribute to the body of Christ. "Blessed are the poor for.........." Yet the church owned University has warmly welcomed just the rich. Some of you say to run a school is expensive?? Yes it is. But what are the expenses?? Besides the large buildings and the gluttonous amount paid to professors and other lecturers. Must the lecturers be paid that huge sum? Has paying tithes and offering become the only service one can render to God? What about what the old Christians practiced such as visiting the sick, etc. Sometimes I wonder if the beast prophesied in the Bible has not already planted it's seed in the church we Christians hold so dear. All you go to church to hear is "Blessing, financial breakthrough, my year of change, moving to the next level" and other schemes and philosophy that have been plagiarized from atheist authors like Bill gates.
In summary, from one angle should the church play a role in contributing to the philosophy(science) that has battled religion since it was formed?
Should the church contribute to economic schemes that make the poor poorer nd the rich richer?
Should church play a role in building a system where only the tough survive?
Should the church have any business with the "world" ?
The money spent on material items by GOs and church buildings could have been used to build the body of Christ (winning souls). I see a lot of Christians but where are the followers of Christ?
Re: School Fees Of Anchor University, Deeper Life Owned (Screenshots) by kkins25(m): 10:21pm On Jan 15, 2017
Homebaked:

Great! It is clear that quality education comes at great costs and fees cannot be any lower than it is. The question I keep asking is that must churches establish universities? They will continue to attract bad press for the singular reason that majority of their members will never benefit from the institution they helped to build. If all these efforts and money are geared towards building hospitals and clinics instead of schools, we won't be having this conversation. But no, that is bad market for miracle peddling, which is a necessary ingredient for filling the pews in the first place.

Exactly.. Are this pastors of God or of the devil and God is using them to touch lives?
Re: School Fees Of Anchor University, Deeper Life Owned (Screenshots) by Nobody: 3:04pm On Jan 16, 2017
kkins25:
I honestly do not know the reason for the establishment of a university by a church. A church as it was during the time of "Christianity" was about being with the family of God where you sell your possessions so other members could benefit. It was about charity.
This is not the case of today's church. You open a university that only the rich can attend. Not that it's a missionary school (this shouldn't even come with a fee) but it's a school that teaches secular philosophy. They teach you science that suggest that the world was formed by accident then they teach you again that it was created. They teach you Law in order words how to lie.
How does starting a university contribute to the body of Christ. "Blessed are the poor for.........." Yet the church owned University has warmly welcomed just the rich. Some of you say to run a school is expensive?? Yes it is. But what are the expenses?? Besides the large buildings and the gluttonous amount paid to professors and other lecturers. Must the lecturers be paid that huge sum? Has paying tithes and offering become the only service one can render to God? What about what the old Christians practiced such as visiting the sick, etc. Sometimes I wonder if the beast prophesied in the Bible has not already planted it's seed in the church we Christians hold so dear. All you go to church to hear is "Blessing, financial breakthrough, my year of change, moving to the next level" and other schemes and philosophy that have been plagiarized from atheist authors like Bill gates.
In summary, from one angle should the church play a role in contributing to the philosophy(science) that has battled religion since it was formed?
Should the church contribute to economic schemes that make the poor poorer nd the rich richer?
The money spent on material items by GOs and church buildings could have been used to build the body of Christ (winning souls). I see a lot of Christians but where are the followers of Christ?
Re: School Fees Of Anchor University, Deeper Life Owned (Screenshots) by Nobody: 3:06pm On Jan 16, 2017
kkins25:

guy come take kunu...na yesterday kunu.. you go like am...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: School Fees Of Anchor University, Deeper Life Owned (Screenshots) by Nobody: 3:09pm On Jan 16, 2017
Homebaked:

Re: School Fees Of Anchor University, Deeper Life Owned (Screenshots) by kkins25(m): 8:54pm On Jan 16, 2017
joshysmartie:

guy come take kunu...na yesterday kunu.. you go like am...
Haha. Thanks but no thanks
Re: School Fees Of Anchor University, Deeper Life Owned (Screenshots) by jide219(m): 11:43pm On Jan 16, 2017
sirfemoz:
Assuming the church built this school with her money,it will be better. But members were tasked, asked to sow seed, paid tithe, fasted, gave all they have, and was promised blessing. Only to discover that none of their ward can afford going to the school. It's a pity that the church today is not the same church the missionaries brought to us.
bro non of this was said in the church
Re: School Fees Of Anchor University, Deeper Life Owned (Screenshots) by rhektor(m): 11:21pm On Jan 18, 2017
Always trying to discredit the church at all costs. As I'd education is free anywhere in Nigeria. You want quality they give it to you but you want it free of charge. Hypocrites, you mean the lecturers are Angels and the non teaching staff are Saint Augustin and mother Teresa? If you want free education then hold your government responsible and stop dissing churches. If you can't hold your government responsible (FGN and states) please stop these cheap public emotional posts.
Fools, you have to face reality the cost of running a school is very much high, you'll pay all staff, all lecturers, security etc. Even government don't do it FOC please stop all these stupidity. Nobody is forcing you to pay go to where it is cheaper and spare us the stress
Re: School Fees Of Anchor University, Deeper Life Owned (Screenshots) by rhektor(m): 11:27pm On Jan 18, 2017
Homebaked:

Throughout history churches have been in the business of establishing universities our case in Nigeria is no difference. The best universities you hear about in world today are Christian established universities so leave church alone. There are no way a university will be operated at a cheaper rate in this type of society where there are no security, no power supply etc. You will have to pay for everything in fact pay higher prices so my man, churches will continue to establish university infact standard universities if you don't like it go to government university, let me even ask you is government university free? Ask those who are in UNIOSUN, OOU, LASU etc they'll tell you
Re: School Fees Of Anchor University, Deeper Life Owned (Screenshots) by ArcToyin(m): 5:27pm On Feb 05, 2017
leksbore:
How many member of the Churc can afford this,judgement day is coming,,,,,this is not Christianity.Apostle Paul and Peter will be really disappointed in Nigeria Christianity.
Is it a must they attend or Did they compel it on them? Besides, is it not met only for deeper lifers. Those that can afford it will attend.

1 Like

Re: School Fees Of Anchor University, Deeper Life Owned (Screenshots) by ArcToyin(m): 5:35pm On Feb 05, 2017
sirfemoz:
Assuming the church built this school with her money,it will be better. But members were tasked, asked to sow seed, paid tithe, fasted, gave all they have, and was promised blessing. Only to discover that none of their ward can afford going to the school. It's a pity that the church today is not the same church the missionaries brought to us.
forget all this talk you are expressing. nobody force anybody to drop cash or sow any seed. They perhaps saw it as a blessing to them. Is only the weak that will complained of contributing but not enjoying the dividends because they were not put under duress to sow or fast
Re: School Fees Of Anchor University, Deeper Life Owned (Screenshots) by highminded: 11:08am On Mar 08, 2017
jeebz:
Another thread looking to condemn private christian universities.

1. Quality education is not cheap anywhere in the world. Check Harvard, Princeton and similar universities.
2. I believe that the church would have a scholarship scheme for bright students who are members and non-members of the church.
3. Remember, this is a second private university in Lagos.

We can only give them say a ten period before we judge.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: School Fees Of Anchor University, Deeper Life Owned (Screenshots) by highminded: 11:23am On Mar 08, 2017
Churches are not to be turned into a means of political takeover,leave things be people of God,why don't we try to save the souls in other schools than try to save a few who can pay for salvation,how many souls can we save in our so called christian schools and pls I am male a sanguine too with a vivid imagination,no matter what rule or grounding will be implied,I still have the urge of a pig(regarding sex) except they cut off my genitals and the magnificent breast of the highly bossumed female student,a guy like me probably 50 of them already in these schools would still be lustful,by the way is lubricant banned in that school, even at that ill still masturbate my way to arrrival(ejaculation).And the bible made us to understand that a man,a man,a righteous man brothers and sisters falls 7 times a day,we should not try to stop people from falling let's try to get them back up,I think that's what Christ is telling us to do.so to me people,good people,the school in the first place is not necessary talk more of the fees habahaba.
Re: School Fees Of Anchor University, Deeper Life Owned (Screenshots) by zippopo(f): 8:05am On Aug 08, 2017
People like arguments enn, if you can pay go, if you cannot pay don't go... If they like they should be using people's tithe and offering, nobody forced them to bring it.... They have their brain to give or not.... If the church is not doing charity o, when they suppose to be doing... Forget discussing it and pray for that church rather than arguing.. Last time I checked, no church is perfect... Instead of us spending time arguing, let's pray for them.. Your corrections should be lead by God.. Let's stop being emotional... Sometimes even if we talk from today till tomorrow... Nothing will change. This is not even suppose to cause argument self
Re: School Fees Of Anchor University, Deeper Life Owned (Screenshots) by ForumNL(m): 2:22pm On Jul 24, 2022
Those shouting

Probably you can allow your dad as a professor to earn #30,000 per month, if it's that then private University tuition fees will drop

And also make sure your government do something on inflation so that cost of commodities, fuel, gadgets, facilities will be cheap

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Free Downloadable Post Utme Past Questions And Answers for University Aspirants. / The Easiest University To Get Admission For Medicine And Surgery In Nigeria / List Of Foreign Accredited Universty By NUC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.