Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,316 members, 7,780,772 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:43 PM

School Fees Of Anchor University, Deeper Life Owned (Screenshots) - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / School Fees Of Anchor University, Deeper Life Owned (Screenshots) (125177 Views)

Fire Incident At Anchor University (Photos) / Anchor University Lagos 2017 / 2018 Admission Processing Ongoing. Admission Fo / Anchor University: Deeper Life Bible Church Gives 30% Discount To Members. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: School Fees Of Anchor University, Deeper Life Owned (Screenshots) by Missmossy(f): 9:09pm On Jan 14, 2017
Nice development grin the school isn't for everybody. Quality education isn't cheap, the comments though undecided
Re: School Fees Of Anchor University, Deeper Life Owned (Screenshots) by kennyjam: 9:10pm On Jan 14, 2017
I need speck(not glass) to see it...i am seeing 3hundred and 90naira only.... am i wrong?
Re: School Fees Of Anchor University, Deeper Life Owned (Screenshots) by Kennydoc(m): 9:13pm On Jan 14, 2017
Timothy3113:
Bro you never answered my question??

Is the university established for the purpose of profit making or for the masses.

Ask yourself these questions why is it always that it is only the church owned university school fees that is highly critised??

A church is non profitable, charitable organisation, so what happens when a member of a non profitable organisation contribute to a project and it is not serving the purpose of the organisation.

I think am in support of the new FRCN law.

Some of you guys talk without thinking.
First, how do you know the church is making profit from the fees? Do you know how many students they have as at now versus staff on their payroll?

Now, let's do a little calculation.
Let's assume they have 1000 students as at now (it's still a new university) and each student pays an average tuition of 600k per annum, in one year, the school will generate 600 million naira. This is their main source of income.
Now imagine they have only 100 lecturers across the 3 faculties, and each lecturer earns an average of 250k per month. It means each lecturer will earn an average of 3 million naira per annum. So 100 lecturers will earn about 300 million naira per annum, out of 600 million.
We haven't talked about non-academic staff, cost of equipping the labs, maintenance of facilities etc.

Guy, running a university is freaking expensive. University tuition cannot be cheap.
You probably compare these church owned universities with their federal counterparts. That's an unfair comparison.
The FG pays the salaries of all the workers in federal unis and still gives the schools money for running the institutions, in form of subventions. Such money never gets to private unis, as they have to source for all their funds through tuition.
Were FG not paying salaries and providing for the running of the universities, I can bet you that the minimum fees Nigerians would have been paying in federal universities won't be less than 400k. Same applies to state owned universities.

Again, it isn't really the poor people in the churches that provide for the needs of the churches. How much do they have? There are people that sow seeds in tens of millions. People donate hundreds of thousands to make things work in the churches. It's mainly the financial contributions of these ones that cause mighty projects to be executed, not people that give 20k and nobody will hear again.

Nobody says your child must attend your church's university cos you contributed in building it. If you can't afford the tuition, choose a cheaper school. Even at 150k, many people still cannot afford it, so will the church now make it free?
What do you personally consider as affordable fees?
I work in a hospital where staff get drugs at cost price, but because the cost prices of the branded drugs sold in the hospital sometimes outweigh the prices of non-branded alternatives sold in pharmacies outside, sometimes I go and buy drugs from outside instead of buying from our hospital.

Please, you guys should stop criticising for the fun of it. Try and be more reasonable.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: School Fees Of Anchor University, Deeper Life Owned (Screenshots) by klax(m): 9:14pm On Jan 14, 2017
dicefrost:

So where did the money used to build the university come from?

Don't mind them wole soyinka has just said if we don't get our brain fixed up religion will kill us in this country. Many are in Nigeria soil walking around living their heads back home. Whenever church issues comes up they will defend despite knowing the truth and that is why dady GO and mumy GO become demigod for them punish them and control them any how .

Any human who fail to add commonsense to religion I bet it he or she won't make heaven. Religion and commonsense work together if you have religion and no commonsense you are a semi mad man and vice versa.

1 Like

Re: School Fees Of Anchor University, Deeper Life Owned (Screenshots) by Originalsly: 9:15pm On Jan 14, 2017
Hmmm....are these the prices for a whole year?. If yes... considering the value of the naira... this is very cheap. If they are making a profit it can't be much.... nor are they paying the lecturers much either. Bottomline..... whether affordable or very expensive.... how much weight or how widely recognized is the degree? ... that's the first and most important question one should ask before attending any university.

2 Likes

Re: School Fees Of Anchor University, Deeper Life Owned (Screenshots) by Nobody: 9:18pm On Jan 14, 2017
BiafranBushBoy:
Which private school is cheap?

How will they pay the professors and lecturers?

How will they equip the school?

Or will the money fall from sky?

#Proud Deeperlifer
No be by force to run a school Na.On top A for Apple.B for boy things?
Re: School Fees Of Anchor University, Deeper Life Owned (Screenshots) by dyabman(m): 9:19pm On Jan 14, 2017
It's a private school and it's optional. Profit earned from the school will be used elsewhere to get the ministry moving all over the world. I say Nice Investment there , It's been a long time coming. And it's cheap !. People dey buy iphone 7 and 7plus like pure water so what's expensive there ? It's not even upto a millionaire. undecided

1 Like

Re: School Fees Of Anchor University, Deeper Life Owned (Screenshots) by Bimpe29: 9:19pm On Jan 14, 2017
That doesn't come as a surprise. It is a real business for the Church na.

2 Likes

Re: School Fees Of Anchor University, Deeper Life Owned (Screenshots) by seguno2: 9:21pm On Jan 14, 2017
Abeos:
Even though I will agree that the fees are high, I can't blame them because the cost of running such an institution is high. I only hope they also give scholarship opportunities for good but indigent students

Btw I'm ftc o grin grin grin

Have you heard of subsidised fees like what the oyinbo missionaries did for their primary schools, which people like Kumuyi must have attended in addition to subsidised government university and maybe oyinbo scholarship for his post graduate studies?
Did the oyinbo missionaries not use the offerings of their church members to provide the subsidised schools and scholarship back then?
Why is it difficult for Kumuyi to replicate this for his own school?
Moreover how many primary schools are owned by his church?
Re: School Fees Of Anchor University, Deeper Life Owned (Screenshots) by walexsho(m): 9:23pm On Jan 14, 2017
HqBoss:

where are u from? dont u have the decency to speak properly without having to use insults? u are not even getting the point, ur tense is bad. what is "lectured in 2 more universities"? seriously get ur shiit together rather than speaking like a tout
Mr Gramarian, I want to to see your corrections on my use of Tense..
hello past tense of Lecturer is what? as I'm no longer an Undergraduate but a Graduate.
The real message I'm trying to pass is that the Lecturers in Public Universities still Lectures in 2 or more private Universities to have there share of the National offering and Tithe
Re: School Fees Of Anchor University, Deeper Life Owned (Screenshots) by pavy(m): 9:23pm On Jan 14, 2017
lionlamb020:

Let's stop all this hypocrisy abeg... Have you ever opened a nursery before?? If it were about profit what would you say about American university? Most of these fees are the only reasons why those schools haven't closed down. I was also once a sceptic concerning this, until I realized that the schools wouldn't have been able to maintain those standards if they had the same fees with government unis.. Cos after the building which y'all are talking about that was built with tithes and offerings (which isn't completely true BTW) they have to do the harder task - RUN the school.. *think*

you are missing the point, its not a question of weda a private university is expensive to run. The point is, what is the motive for establishing a private university in the first place? For a church, I would like to think that their motive should be to provide a better alternative to the public schools. We all know that our public versities is a hub of all form of social vices like cultism and indecent dressing. Therefore, a church owned university should be a place of high moral and educational standards, where members can send their kids to without the fear of them being corrupted or initiated into cult groups.

Therefore, a church should not bother to set up a university if over 90% of its members can't afford to send their kids to such a school. Whose kids do they hope to train, when they setup the versity and fix such a high price as tuition fee? in a country where over 60% of Nigerians live below $1 per day.

Somebody made mention of quality education being free in Germany. It is true. What that person failed to mention is the fact that most of these schools abroad get constant donations from ex-students, organizations, and wealthy citizens to maintain the standard of the school. Unfortunately in Nigeria, instead of donating to our public universities to improve the standards, our politicians and other wealthy Nigerians set up their own schools to compete with the public schools, thereby worsening their ratings and standard further. It is disheartening to see that even churches have joined in this trend.

A church should not concern itself with building schools, their plates are full already as it were. Millions of people still haven't heard of Jesus, and according to Mark 16:15-16, evangelism is the only commission Jesus gave to the church.

Bottom line is that churches should not be building universities to compete with our public universities, they can use the fund to donate equipments, and fund research work in our schools. But if for any reason they set up a university, it should be for the benefit of its members and for the furtherance of the gospel of Christ. Anything contrary to this is unacceptable. Unless the schools were set up to make profit.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: School Fees Of Anchor University, Deeper Life Owned (Screenshots) by Jennifer89(f): 9:23pm On Jan 14, 2017
Eleniyan15:
offering money oooo, best business to start for Nigeria this 2017 na Church business

you dey shout offering money oooo how much you dey put for offering seff?

1 Like

Re: School Fees Of Anchor University, Deeper Life Owned (Screenshots) by solatreasure: 9:24pm On Jan 14, 2017
Deeper Life ??!!!

Re: School Fees Of Anchor University, Deeper Life Owned (Screenshots) by jumpandpas(m): 9:25pm On Jan 14, 2017
sirfemoz:
Assuming the church built this school with her money,it will be better. But members were tasked, asked to sow seed, paid tithe, fasted, gave all they have, and was promised blessing. Only to discover that none of their ward can afford going to the school. It's a pity that the church today is not the same church the missionaries brought to us.

If the church said no student should pay fees, can you volunteer to teach without collecting salary?.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: School Fees Of Anchor University, Deeper Life Owned (Screenshots) by BCharles: 9:26pm On Jan 14, 2017
BiafranBushBoy:
Which private school is cheap?

How will they pay the professors and lecturers?

How will they equip the school?

Or will the money fall from sky?

#Proud Deeperlifer

Dont mind Nigerians.... If these men decide to build these schools in a foreigh land where the citizens know the value, Nigerians will still condemn them.

How much is the tuition fee of the cheapest private University in Ghana? Or is it because it's built by a pastor so it should be free?

Nobody is complaining about the University Asari Dokubo built in Cotonou because he's a Muslim. If a Christian did that, Nigerians would have killed that school by now with criticism.

Even the once that have never been to Church before are on Nairaland condemning pastors......

Abeg check my signature below and start earning bitcoin Immediately.......

1 Like

Re: School Fees Of Anchor University, Deeper Life Owned (Screenshots) by Standing5(m): 9:27pm On Jan 14, 2017
jeebz:

Farabale,

Quality education is free in Germany!!!!! I know that, however, who bares the costs? The government.

For Pete's sake, this is private university and they can choose to charge whatever fees they deem fit.

Where has cheap education led us to in Nigeria. I attended a public university likewise yourself.

Do you expect Deeper life to charge 50k for tuition and then after 5 years loose accreditation due to staff attrition and poor facilities.

Tertiary education is not cheap.

For your reading, https://www.anchoruniversity.edu.ng/discount
I rest my case

Are u minding those uncivilized posters. Ask them if the church collects special seed for professors salary or fuel with which the school power their power plants.
Or let them tell us the average amount the FG spends on each public uni grad per year.

1 Like

Re: School Fees Of Anchor University, Deeper Life Owned (Screenshots) by damsco92: 9:28pm On Jan 14, 2017
To say d fact here,dis schools re built wit their members contribution,d member's contributins can sustain d institution.let dem admit d masses now[members]
Re: School Fees Of Anchor University, Deeper Life Owned (Screenshots) by Standing5(m): 9:32pm On Jan 14, 2017
Timothy3113:

Is the university established for the purpose of profit making or for the masses.

Ask yourself these questions why is it always that it is only the church owned university school fees that is highly critised??

A church is non profitable, charitable organisation, so what happens when a member of a non profitable organisation contribute to a project and it is not serving the purpose of the organisation.

it is established to give education a facelift and improvement.
Re: School Fees Of Anchor University, Deeper Life Owned (Screenshots) by Nobody: 9:33pm On Jan 14, 2017
gbugbru:

You are a big fool... What does your generation ever achieved compared to the gallant achievement this single individual has. Learn to keep you mouth shut... Air tight I mean...
achievements with members money, what about the jet? can't he use d planes every other Nigerians are using
Re: School Fees Of Anchor University, Deeper Life Owned (Screenshots) by jumpandpas(m): 9:33pm On Jan 14, 2017
Timothy3113:

RUBBISH
Re: School Fees Of Anchor University, Deeper Life Owned (Screenshots) by mayberry1(f): 9:34pm On Jan 14, 2017
jeebz:
Another thread looking to condemn private christian universities.

1. Quality education is not cheap anywhere in the world. Check Harvard, Princeton and similar universities.
2. I believe that the church would have a scholarship scheme for bright students who are members and non-members of the church.
3. Remember, this is a second private university in Lagos.

We can only give them say a ten period before we judge.

To think that you compared this institution with Harvard is really mind boggling, non of the Nigerian universities(private/public), is among first 800 universities in the world, so where does quality education come to play? Our educational system is a serious joke; a system whereby most lecturers find it difficult to do in-depth research, plagiarism is the order of the day. Lecturers still lecture students with 1st and 2nd edition of foreign textbooks, while the 10th edition has already been reviewed and in use. I'm of the opinion that any parent who can effortlessly send his/her ward to a private university should do the child some good by sending him/her to a not so expensive school abroad. About the scholarship scheme; you forget it's equally a business enterprise that's expected to have large profit(turnover).

1 Like 1 Share

Re: School Fees Of Anchor University, Deeper Life Owned (Screenshots) by Nobody: 9:37pm On Jan 14, 2017
DrayZee:
Well, you are clearly not a reasonable fellow. So because money was raised via the church, that means that he should reduce the school fees to nothing. Then tell me how he's supposed to maintain a school with such standard without adequate funding. This is not the government we're talking about. How will he pay lecturers, cleaners, windows washers? How will he buy facilities? How will he pay for electricity and general running costs of the school? Because you attended a public you have been brainwashed to believe that a 50k fee per student is enough to run a school. Sit down and think well.
is that y they shouldn't fix AC in all rooms? just because some are going to pay less they won't have what other rooms are having and u think God will be happy
Re: School Fees Of Anchor University, Deeper Life Owned (Screenshots) by psalmsjob: 9:39pm On Jan 14, 2017
SunnyBlaze1:
You want church owned schools to offer free education abi

How will they pay their professors

#hyppcrites

The same way they are managing those private jets and gigantic cathedrals. The professor are the church members too. And the same way the flench the members to start the university.

If there's the will there will be a way.

Hypocrisy is to collect a poor man's money to start a university you know he couldn't afford to send his child to eventually.
Re: School Fees Of Anchor University, Deeper Life Owned (Screenshots) by pavy(m): 9:41pm On Jan 14, 2017
Kennydoc:

Some of you guys talk without thinking.
First, how do you know the church is making profit from the fees? Do you know how many students they have as at now versus staff on their payroll?

Now, let's do a little calculation.
Let's assume they have 1000 students as at now (it's still a new university) and each student pays an average tuition of 600k per annum, in one year, the school will generate 600 million naira. This is their main source of income.
Now imagine they have only 100 lecturers across the 3 faculties, and each lecturer earns an average of 250k per month. It means each lecturer will earn an average of 3 million naira per annum. So 100 lecturers will earn about 300 million naira per annum, out of 600 million.
We haven't talked about non-academic staff, cost of equipping the labs, maintenance of facilities etc.

Guy, running a university is freaking expensive. University tuition cannot be cheap.
You probably compare these church owned universities with their federal counterparts. That's an unfair comparison.
The FG pays the salaries of all the workers in federal unis and still gives the schools money for running the institutions, in form of subventions. Such money never gets to private unis, as they have to source for all their funds through tuition.
Were FG not paying salaries and providing for the running of the universities, I can bet you that the minimum fees Nigerians would have been paying in federal universities won't be less than 400k. Same applies to state owned universities.

Again, it isn't really the poor people in the churches that provide for the needs of the churches. How much do they have? There are people that sow seeds in tens of millions. People donate hundreds of thousands to make things work in the churches. It's mainly the financial contributions of these ones that cause mighty projects to be executed, not people that give 20k and nobody will hear again.

Nobody says your child must attend your church's university cos you contributed in building it. If you can't afford the tuition, choose a cheaper school. Even at 150k, many people still cannot afford it, so will the church now make it free?
What do you personally consider as affordable fees?
I work in a hospital where staff get drugs at cost price, but because the cost prices of the branded drugs sold in the hospital sometimes outweigh the prices of non-branded alternatives sold in pharmacies outside, sometimes I go and buy drugs from outside instead of buying from our hospital.

Please, you guys should stop criticising for the fun of it. Try and be more reasonable.

Is it compulsory for a church to own a University? Whose child do they hope to train at the university if their members can't afford the tuition fee for their kids? Children of corrupt politicians? Think about the message they will be passing across.
Re: School Fees Of Anchor University, Deeper Life Owned (Screenshots) by PrinzCarter(m): 9:42pm On Jan 14, 2017
Pls how much for short time ac room cool
Re: School Fees Of Anchor University, Deeper Life Owned (Screenshots) by ngwababe(f): 9:43pm On Jan 14, 2017
Jokerman:
so poor deeper lifers can't attend this school too.... grin

I see....

Bro if you are a lecturer in this school, how much will you collect as salary

1 Like

Re: School Fees Of Anchor University, Deeper Life Owned (Screenshots) by Number2(m): 9:43pm On Jan 14, 2017
oruma19:
mega super business. I just finished declaring I would be going back to deeperlife because of what I see and experience in living faith church aka winners chapel, but with what I am reading now, I hands up. These guys are seriously doing business. Deeperlife has over 80% of very poor members, how will they attend the school that was built with their tithes and offerings? To say I am disappointed is an understatement. I rily am pissed with Nigerian pastors. I am going to Jesus on a solo level. I want to know God by myself I don't need these men anymore. The deceit is just too much.
Hmmm.. na u sabi
Re: School Fees Of Anchor University, Deeper Life Owned (Screenshots) by Nobody: 9:47pm On Jan 14, 2017
asuustrike2009:

And who told you they can't afford it? If a student can't afford it,he or she should go to public school. If he or she is brilliant, he should apply for scholarship if there's any.
yet they will be made to pay tithes and offering to d development of the schooos they will never benefit from
Re: School Fees Of Anchor University, Deeper Life Owned (Screenshots) by Standing5(m): 9:48pm On Jan 14, 2017
pavy:

you are missing the point, its not a question of weda a private university is expensive to run. The point is, what is the motive for establishing a private university in the first place? For a church, I would like to think that their motive should be to provide a better alternative to the public schools. We all know that our public versities is a hub of all form of social vices like cultism and indecent dressing. Therefore, a church owned university should be a place of high moral and educational standards, where members can send their kids to without the fear of them being corrupted or initiated into cult groups.

Therefore, a church should not bother to set up a university if over 90% of its members can't afford to send their kids to such a school. Whose kids do they hope to train, when they setup the versity and fix such a high price as tuition fee? in a country where over 60% of Nigerians live below $1 per day.

Somebody made mention of quality education being free in Germany. It is true. What that person failed to mention is the fact that most of these schools abroad get constant donations from ex-students, organizations, and wealthy citizens to maintain the standard of the school. Unfortunately in Nigeria, instead of donating to our public universities to improve the standards, our politicians and other wealthy Nigerians set up their own schools to compete with the public schools, thereby worsening their ratings and standard further. It is disheartening to see that even churches have joined in this trend.

A church should not concern itself with building schools, their plates are full already as it were. Millions of people still haven't heard of Jesus, and according to Mark 16:15-16, evangelism is the only commission Jesus gave to the church.

Bottom line is that churches should not be building universities to compete with our public universities, they can use the fund to donate equipments, and fund research work in our schools. But if for any reason they set up a university, it should be for the benefit of its members and for the furtherance of the gospel of Christ. Anything contrary to this is unacceptable. Unless the schools were set up to make profit.
You made partial sense. In Nigeria most of our public unis are degree-awarding unis. They are not setup for research or industry support. They do research to boost their rating or ranking and not to support industries or profer practical solutions to real life problems.
The church, among other things came to address that problem.

2 Likes

Re: School Fees Of Anchor University, Deeper Life Owned (Screenshots) by Number2(m): 9:49pm On Jan 14, 2017
Daboywizzy:

I took a close look at your name , with it I still have enough reason to say that Kumuyi is confused, calling me a fool can't change it. Yes he has followers like gbugbru... Whose second name is confusion.
keep inviting curse on your generation for saying a man of God is confused
Re: School Fees Of Anchor University, Deeper Life Owned (Screenshots) by psalmist0203(m): 9:50pm On Jan 14, 2017
leksbore:
How many member of the church can afford this,judgement day is coming,,,,,this is not Christianity.Apostle Paul and Peter will be really disappointed in Nigeria Christianity.
as if you are Peter N Paul's Mouthpiece. Smh.

1 Like

Re: School Fees Of Anchor University, Deeper Life Owned (Screenshots) by osusuallstars: 9:54pm On Jan 14, 2017
Daboywizzy:
Let kumuyi continue to mislead people with a doctrine from hell.
One stupid, mentally deranged, and 5x7x52 =1820 times per annum head slammer., sighted.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

The School Attended By Success, The Warri Girl Sent Home Over Fees / The Easiest University To Get Admission For Medicine And Surgery In Nigeria / Free Downloadable Post Utme Past Questions And Answers for University Aspirants.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.