Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,457 members, 7,808,634 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:31 PM

Couple Shut Down Imo Concord Hotel Over Power Outage - Vanguard - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Couple Shut Down Imo Concord Hotel Over Power Outage - Vanguard (26541 Views)

Burial Ceremony In Anambra Shut Down By Traditional Ruler (Photo, Video) / World Beard Day 2019 In Lagos: See How Bearded Men Shut Lagos Down! / Photos From The Vanguard Awards 2017 Held At Eko Hotels Last Night (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Couple Shut Down Imo Concord Hotel Over Power Outage - Vanguard by NewsPoacher: 10:16am On Jan 09, 2017
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/01/couple-shut-imo-concord-hotel-power-outage/

By Chinonso Alozie Owerri – A couple, Kennedy and Vivian, in a wedding reception at Concord Hotel, Owerri in Imo state, got disappointed, when the light went off and lasted longer than expected. The incident which happened ,Friday, saw the groom and bride fumed over what they described as” embarrassment before their invitees.”

When the groom could not bear the arena enveloped in darkness, he jumped out from the wedding hall to the reception desk and started shouting demanding for explanation. The receptionists who were at duty scampered for safety. “You people are not serious, you shut down the light and shut out my personalities”, he said. He continued, “Today is my happiest day and you brought down my happiness ? I am not happy with you people. You must pay for this.” Kennedy insisted that the power outage did not go down well with him neither did it add colour to his wedding event. He said: “This has brought me shame and anger.” “Why is this happening to me on my wedding day.

A day that suppose to be a day of joy and look at what has happened to me”, Kennedy cried out. He said: ” You must pay me back my money. You cannot deliver on the money I paid to you. Can you imagine the amount of money I paid but what I have received today is insult. “This Hotel has bleeped me up.They have turned down my wedding. Where is the management ? they must pay for this mess. I cannot take this rubbish”, he added.

By the time the chaotic situation simmered down some top workers in the hotel who came out much later, took the aggrieved friends of the groom who came back from Malaysia, Indonesia for a talk and probably to settle the issue. The friends of the groom had threatened that they would shut down the hotel and sue the management to court. Some tourists who were at the scene also volunteered to broker peace amid the raging disagreement between friends of the groom, bride and the Hotel management.

However, Vanguard went further to get the reactions from the management of Concorde Hotel, a lady who looks like a foreigner was introduced as the operation manager of the Hotel but she refused to give her name. She walked out on Vanguard reporter, after she said: ” This is not you’re business. I have settled the issue. It is between me and my client.” Even when Vanguard reporter pleaded with her to understand it was an Imo state owned Hotel, and that standard should be maintained in dealing with customers, she, however, snubbed and went her way.

Mynd44, Lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: Couple Shut Down Imo Concord Hotel Over Power Outage - Vanguard by BlackDBagba: 10:19am On Jan 09, 2017
grin

1 Like

Re: Couple Shut Down Imo Concord Hotel Over Power Outage - Vanguard by kikies(m): 12:19pm On Jan 09, 2017
shocked
There shld b a functioning back up generator to the back up generator

14 Likes

Re: Couple Shut Down Imo Concord Hotel Over Power Outage - Vanguard by Wizdray: 12:20pm On Jan 09, 2017
Heyahhh...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Couple Shut Down Imo Concord Hotel Over Power Outage - Vanguard by Chukwuemeka007(m): 12:20pm On Jan 09, 2017
And a whole Concord hotels doesn't have back up power generating sets?
Issokay

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Couple Shut Down Imo Concord Hotel Over Power Outage - Vanguard by justi4jesu(f): 12:21pm On Jan 09, 2017
Re: Couple Shut Down Imo Concord Hotel Over Power Outage - Vanguard by goingape: 12:21pm On Jan 09, 2017
always get "I pass my neighbor" at your corridor

4 Likes

Re: Couple Shut Down Imo Concord Hotel Over Power Outage - Vanguard by robosky02(m): 12:21pm On Jan 09, 2017
abeg go by Generator

1 Like

Re: Couple Shut Down Imo Concord Hotel Over Power Outage - Vanguard by leofab(f): 12:22pm On Jan 09, 2017
Hmmm
Re: Couple Shut Down Imo Concord Hotel Over Power Outage - Vanguard by kerryjossy(f): 12:23pm On Jan 09, 2017
Pls of what use is this thread to me??

4 Likes

Re: Couple Shut Down Imo Concord Hotel Over Power Outage - Vanguard by mebad(m): 12:23pm On Jan 09, 2017
they should take heart
Re: Couple Shut Down Imo Concord Hotel Over Power Outage - Vanguard by calabaman(m): 12:23pm On Jan 09, 2017
What kind of hotel doesnt have a generator.

NAWA oooo!

3 Likes

Re: Couple Shut Down Imo Concord Hotel Over Power Outage - Vanguard by Pistolx(m): 12:23pm On Jan 09, 2017
Witches from his village at work

3 Likes

Re: Couple Shut Down Imo Concord Hotel Over Power Outage - Vanguard by dyabman(m): 12:23pm On Jan 09, 2017

2 Likes

Re: Couple Shut Down Imo Concord Hotel Over Power Outage - Vanguard by Moreoffaith(m): 12:23pm On Jan 09, 2017
hmmmm... So the hotel no get Gen abi

1 Like

Re: Couple Shut Down Imo Concord Hotel Over Power Outage - Vanguard by Nobody: 12:24pm On Jan 09, 2017
Their village people don get dem. chai!!

21 Likes

Re: Couple Shut Down Imo Concord Hotel Over Power Outage - Vanguard by prince9851(m): 12:24pm On Jan 09, 2017
so @op..after dis long story. d highest you could show us was d picture of a light bulb
smh

21 Likes

Re: Couple Shut Down Imo Concord Hotel Over Power Outage - Vanguard by Divay22(f): 12:24pm On Jan 09, 2017
Wahala......
This is what happen when you refuse to invite your village people for your wedding grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

13 Likes

Re: Couple Shut Down Imo Concord Hotel Over Power Outage - Vanguard by MrsAnyanwu(f): 12:24pm On Jan 09, 2017
Saddening
Re: Couple Shut Down Imo Concord Hotel Over Power Outage - Vanguard by bettercreature(m): 12:24pm On Jan 09, 2017
robosky02:
abeg go by Generator

They were probably on Gen but they suppose to have 2-3 stand by Gen

1 Like

Re: Couple Shut Down Imo Concord Hotel Over Power Outage - Vanguard by oscaruzie(m): 12:24pm On Jan 09, 2017
somebody will soon raise the notion of 'bad omen'...lemme be playing with my sister while we wait....

2 Likes

Re: Couple Shut Down Imo Concord Hotel Over Power Outage - Vanguard by teepea(m): 12:25pm On Jan 09, 2017
Nottin wey man pikin no go see for this country so. So they wanted to/turned his wedding from the happiest day of their lives to most embarrassing day. wicked people. They must pay heavily for it

3 Likes

Re: Couple Shut Down Imo Concord Hotel Over Power Outage - Vanguard by sapientia(m): 12:25pm On Jan 09, 2017
buy naija.. buy naija.. we need to get our acts together.
Concord suppose don pass this kinda things na..
such a big hotel... and somthing one gat to do almost only once.. they bleeped "buy naija" up.

1 Like

Re: Couple Shut Down Imo Concord Hotel Over Power Outage - Vanguard by WaterDrunkard: 12:26pm On Jan 09, 2017
u
Re: Couple Shut Down Imo Concord Hotel Over Power Outage - Vanguard by Seun4FastLoans(f): 12:26pm On Jan 09, 2017
Ehya! I can imagine
Re: Couple Shut Down Imo Concord Hotel Over Power Outage - Vanguard by NNVanguard(m): 12:27pm On Jan 09, 2017
To a five star hotel like imo Concorde hotel, the man needs a refund of his money

1 Like

Re: Couple Shut Down Imo Concord Hotel Over Power Outage - Vanguard by lonelydora: 12:27pm On Jan 09, 2017
So a big hotel like Concord doesn't have a backup generator? Chai.....all that glitters is not gold truly

1 Like

Re: Couple Shut Down Imo Concord Hotel Over Power Outage - Vanguard by Nobody: 12:28pm On Jan 09, 2017
Its a win win situation...

The guests have enjoyed small, you get to be paid back some money...

Tell them good night as they can all see its not your fault , pick up your wife, collect damages from the hotel and move for your honeymoon.

But hope its after you have been sprayed good money though..

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Couple Shut Down Imo Concord Hotel Over Power Outage - Vanguard by Eazybay(m): 12:29pm On Jan 09, 2017
Before the tribalists get here I just want u to know

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Couple Shut Down Imo Concord Hotel Over Power Outage - Vanguard by adewumiopeyemi(m): 12:29pm On Jan 09, 2017
grin grin grin
Re: Couple Shut Down Imo Concord Hotel Over Power Outage - Vanguard by Richy4(m): 12:30pm On Jan 09, 2017
kikies:
shocked
There shld b a functioning back up generator to the back up generator

Yea there should be....If my memory is still right, I think it was one of the most prestigious hotel in Owerri back then...A five star hotel if I remembered correctly....And for you to hire a hall there, you must be loaded...I guess that was why the receptionist ran away....There shouldn't have been an excuse for that...
Re: Couple Shut Down Imo Concord Hotel Over Power Outage - Vanguard by phintohlar(f): 12:30pm On Jan 09, 2017
Oh my world, i pray i dnt experience such on my wedding day in jesus name.. Nt mocking oh jst praying

(1) (2) (Reply)

Burial Of Benue Woman And Her 3 Kids Who Died In Accident (photos) / Ogbunike Cave Carnival In Anambra State- PICTURES / Obituary Of Man, Wife & Son In Imo Who Are Set To Be Buried Same Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.